Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 82899 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

There's what, fifteen minutes left in the day?

I'll toss mine onto Luckyowl for anti-tie safety.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Ending day, if you post, I'll find you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 0 -
BluarianKnight - 0 -
Caz - 1 - FallacyofUrist*,
FallacyofUrist - 3 - 4maskwolf*, Reverie*, ToonyMan*,
Jim Groovester - 1 - Luckyowl*,
Luckyowl - 7 - notquitethere*, Caz*, Vector*, Secretdorf*, Jim Groovester*, TricMagic*, BluarianKnight*,
notquitethere - 1 - Toaster*,
Reverie - 0 -
Secretdorf - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
Skip Elimination - 0 -

Not Voting - 1 - Fakerag,

8 to Hammer.

The group debates until the sun begins to fall behind the horizon and the sliver of a moon begins to poke its head out into the evening. The group unceremoniously decides that Luckyowl is one of those that Ms. de Fleury had labeled as your opposition.

Luckyowl steps forward surreptitiously, but all eyes were on them. They took a step forward and said nothing. The headmistress’ voice rang out from all sides.

“Lucky, you disappoint me. I tasked you with a heavy burden, but you made no effort to carry it out. For this, there is no glory and no success. I had hoped that you could at least feign participation, a skill I assume any world-class Illusionist should have. You have proven that you are not worthy to attend Ianus Geminus. Please, return home.”

Luckyowl simply vanishes. When that happens, the large crimson 10 in the sky disappears, and you all immediately understand their role in the game.

You begin to prepare spells for the Night. At least one of your opposition is gone, but there are more to find.

Luckyowl has been eliminated.

Luckyowl was an Illusionist (sk).

It is now a Night of the Waxing Crescent. Night ends on March 23, 2021 at 19:00 CDT or when all actions have been sent.

Role: Illusionist
Alignment: SK
Wincon: You win when all other players are dead.

(Auto) Mirror Disguise
Investigative spells act as though you were the player that used them on you.
Tags: {Auto} {Illusion}

{P10} (Day/Night) Countdown
You illuminate a large countdown in the sky, starting at 10 and decrementing by 1 each time you cast this spell. Everyone expects this to explode at 0, but when this hits 2, you kill everyone.
Tags: {Illusion}

{P7} (Night) Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru [target]
Illusions are surprisingly complicated things. You can kill someone and they won’t realize they’re dead for an entire Cycle.
Tags: {Illusion} {Lethal}

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Night 1: Countdown Sequence Aborted
« Reply #513 on: March 23, 2021, 09:18:59 pm »

Apologies, guys. I'm processing actions now! I should have Day 2 up in about an hour or less.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Night 1: Countdown Sequence Aborted
« Reply #514 on: March 24, 2021, 12:32:50 am »

Okay, it was 3 hours. But, I got it done!

You wait for the sun to peak over the trees before you all reconvene. This started what you all deemed the discussion hour. One of you points out that finding out how the rest of you are supposed to win this game seems impossible. Indeed, are we not all working for ourselves? For our admission into Ianus? For our own greedy desire to win this game?

You begin discussion a bit before one of you points out that 4maskwolf is missing. You do a quick search for them, and instead find what looks like a battle at a campsite that someone saw 4maskwolf resting in last night.

As you begin to worry about their fate, Fakerag steps forward, saying nothing. They take their hat off their head, bowing slightly, before they turn to the rest of you. There is no time left to mourn the lost Shakeragician.

It’s clear that one of you is responsible for eliminating 4maskwolf. It’s just not clear who.

It is now Day. Tonight is a Night of the Full Moon.

4maskwolf has died.

4maskwolf was a Shakeragician (town).

Vote Count
------------------------
BluarianKnight - 0 -
Caz - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
notquitethere - 0 -
Reverie - 0 -
Secretdorf - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
Skip Elimination - 0 -

Not Voting - 12 - notquitethere, Reverie, Caz, ToonyMan, Vector, Secretdorf, Jim Groovester, TricMagic, BluarianKnight, FallacyofUrist, Toaster, Fakerag,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on March 27, 2021 at 19:00 CDT

Shakeragician
Alignment: Town
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead and at least one Town member is alive.

(Auto) [REDACTED]
At the beginning of the game, you start as a Mason to [REDACTED].
Tags: {Divination} {Auto}

(Auto) Make Your Own Shakerag
As a Shakeragician, you can conjure a Fakerag of your very own. A Fakerag joins the game, placing a vote at the end of the Day on any player you choose. Fakerag cannot be voted or targeted by actions. When you die, Fakerag can cast one more vote before it, too, dies.
Tags: {Conjuration} {Auto}

(Day) Shake ‘N’ Bakerag [role name]
Pick a name for a new Shakerag role. You learn what that role will do. Not that you need to, but, like, Shakerag knows you’re gonna be screwed otherwise.
Tags: {Divination}

{P10} (Night) Make Someone Else Shakerag [target] [role name]
You use your powers to grant a player additional powers related to your Shakerag role name.
Tags: {Enchantment}

{P10} (1-Shot) Become the Shakerag [role name]
Shakerag told you the true power behind names. Names are everything. To be honest, he was probably drunk when he said that, but it still let you choose to become something else.
Tags: {Enchantment}

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 2: Hats Off For The Shakeragician
« Reply #515 on: March 24, 2021, 12:53:19 am »

Enjoyed your stay, Caz?

I hope it was nice and comfy and untroubled. And secure. Very secure.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 24, 2021, 01:10:29 am »

I have a redpeek on NotQuiteThere.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 24, 2021, 01:11:12 am »

(My copping is a oneshot, scumteam & doctors. Don't get excited)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 24, 2021, 02:05:37 am »

I believe it.

Notquitethere.

More later don't hammer till I get some reading in.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 24, 2021, 02:49:58 am »

I'm not surprised either. notquitethere

I'm now also operating under the assumption that scum!FoU being soft on an unaffiliated Lucky doesn't feel likely. On the other hand, scum were almost definitely on that wagon.

I'll need to look back, but for now I'm going to consolidate the links to 4mask's posts here for convenience: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

I didn't use a night ability nor I was I targeted tonight.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 24, 2021, 02:56:36 am »

Honestly, fair enough. notquitethere. That said, waiting to hammer for a while is still better. We don't want to waste our day discussion time.

Furthermore, we should at least try to back up the inspect claim with some evidence of scummy behavior from NQT, just so we have redundancy. (Remember back in the most recent BYOR, where one mafia frame threw three townies into the shredder through sheer momentum? Yeaaaah.)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 24, 2021, 03:45:35 am »

Enjoyed your stay, Caz?

I hope it was nice and comfy and untroubled. And secure. Very secure.

Nice breakfast, though I hate you now.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 24, 2021, 03:56:44 am »

I have no action to claim either. Want to see NQT's counterclaim though.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 24, 2021, 03:57:52 am »

Very well as I am more inclined to believe vector than NQT. But we really must not hammer him as was case in MVM2. Anybody else got anything? Tric? I can make another wand today so if someone has no day action. Which school should I?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 24, 2021, 04:11:17 am »

Very well as I am more inclined to believe vector than NQT. But we really must not hammer him as was case in MVM2. Anybody else got anything? Tric? I can make another wand today so if someone has no day action. Which school should I?

Resurrection wand in that bag of tricks? :P
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 97