Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 83057 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just gonna be brutally honest.

Part of my wanting to replace in this game is due to being so fucking tired of Lucky signing up and not playing, then getting wagoned, then getting rescued because "it's an easy wagon for scum and if Lucky is so universally hated then they aren't scum," then having to deal with them fucking up LYLO.

It's a policy vote. I think Lucky is probably town. I really don't care. If they don't like it, they can ask for a replacement.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's looking like Lucky will be lynched anyway.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

Org 2.0

Ultimately I don't hate launching Lucky, I hate the necessity of it. Because it's just a huge waste of the entire day to do so but also, y'know, if he's alive later the wolves can use him for an easy win a la Supernatural 10.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Luckyowl get in here!!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What is the votecount right now?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Part of my wanting to replace in this game is due to being so fucking tired of Lucky signing up and not playing, then getting wagoned, then getting rescued because "it's an easy wagon for scum and if Lucky is so universally hated then they aren't scum," then having to deal with them fucking up LYLO.
If it makes you feel better, I'll be banning Luckyowl from joining games from now on, and I'll be arguing to get them removed from any game I join in the future, because, I, too, am tired of their chicanery.

I don't mind you guys being busy, but if Mamobo posts more than you, then I'm going to be angry at you! And I don't want to be angry!

What is the votecount right now?
Just got off work, let me work through all the things.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Editing Toony's list:
Caz - 1 - FallacyofUrist
FallacyofUrist - 4 - ToonyMan, Jim Groovester, Reverie, 4maskwolf
Jim Groovester - 1 - Luckyowl
Luckyowl - 6 - notquitethere, Caz, Secretdorf, TricMagic, Vector, BluarianKnight
notquitethere - 1 - Toaster

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Where we're going, we don't need logic. Seriously though why do you want LuckyOwl to stick around when they've done nothing all game and get a free pass for their playing like this every time? I'm pretty sure I've explained why I'm voting the way I am, and it's not any more 'intuition' based over anyone elses, imo.

Nope. Pretty sure that's you.

Why do you trust Vector when they've barely posted?
Lucky is literally a policy lynch. Not the worst option, but we can do better.

I literally claimed the mansion, and nobody counterclaimed me. I did the mansion. How could I also have done the countdown?

I trust Vector (least on my town list) because for what little content they've posted, it's impact-dense content. Good stuff. Like a shot glass of espresso.

So... You WANT me to vote for you?
I think that if you were actually town you'd be voting differently, including possibly on me.

I also have no idea why FoU trusts 4maskwolf and Vector but not Jim.
Jim seems too... fixated. Too tunnely. More on the active side of the scum spectrum than the passive side.

The half-defending half-lynching from most folks here is fucking bizarre to me - even FoU is trying to get votes off him then axe Lucky - which doesn't make sense.
Can you explain what you mean by this?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I'm don't feel like FoU and NQT could be both on the same team at this point...

Same for FoU and Caz.

Same for Jim with FoU or NQT.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm don't feel like FoU and NQT could be both on the same team at this point...

Same for FoU and Caz.

Same for Jim with FoU or NQT.
stares

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Caz is incredibly intuition-focused, without a hint of logical reasoning in their plays, as far as I have seen. Jim is hyperfixated on my mansion and daykill claims.

How are these scum tells?

Jim Groovester: If I'm scum, who're my buddies?

Luckyowl at the very least. I don't have a good bead on your 3rd.

That's reasonable. Can everybody who hasn't yet post reads? Especially single-minded Jim.

Probably not going to have time before day end to assemble a list in decent detail and I also hate reads lists in general so mostly you should expect me to just shout loudly until day end.

I have been very clear about suspecting FoU and Luckyowl by association, but I don't have a bead on anybody else really.

NQT voting Vector for his analysis that successfully caught the least threatening third party in Supernatural 10 was weird but I'm at work so I haven't pondered that much. There's also that day start weirdness that me and 4maskwolf pointed out that I shouldn't forget about.

In terms of town reads I'd say ToonyMan reads town, 4maskwolf leans town, TricMagic reads as usual, and then everybody else is pretty null.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

In terms of town reads I'd say ToonyMan reads town, 4maskwolf leans town, TricMagic reads as usual, and then everybody else is pretty null.

The same 4mask that everyone was convinced was pro-town survivor in Supernatural 10 until we all died?

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile

Mamobo #5!

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 0 -
BluarianKnight - 0 -
Caz - 1 - FallacyofUrist*,
FallacyofUrist - 4 - 4maskwolf*, Reverie*, ToonyMan*, Jim Groovester*,
Jim Groovester - 1 - Luckyowl*,
Luckyowl - 6 - notquitethere*, Caz*, Vector*, Secretdorf*, TricMagic*, BluarianKnight*,
notquitethere - 1 - Toaster*,
Reverie - 0 -
Secretdorf - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 1 - Fakerag,

8 to Hammer. Day ends on March 22, 2021 at 18:00 CST (1 hours and 20 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Hm, that timer is wrong. Should be 2 hours 20 minutes from now. I'll fix that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

If my math is right it's like 30 minutes till day end?  I should have gotten up a post last night but I didn't have time so damn it you'll just have to deal with some scraps here.  Also there is a cat licking my hand so typing is difficult.

PPE Oh I have more time.  I'm throwing this down now and getting a bit better data for a few people, hopefully.  And moving the cat.

Requesting force replace:
Luckyowl.  I like new players coming in, but there's a threshold below which you're not playing, and this is it.

Scummy:
NQT.  I'd love more hard data, but he's pinging my scumdar pretty hard.
FallacyofUrist.  What Jim said, pretty much.  He spend D1 BYOR15 threatening the town, and here he goes again.  He was scum there, he's probably scum here.
Secretdorf.  He's spent all day going on about day actions and hasn't actually espoused a case on anyone, really.  Got in on the ground floor of a Lucky Lynch.  The wand shenanigans is null for me.

Towny:
Jim.  He's a bit hyper focused on FoU, but his case is logical and sound.  I'd love to see more out of him though.
Toony.  He just feels right.  Yes, this is a gut read.

Other Things:
Probably at least one scum on the Lucky wagon, regardless of Lucky's alignment.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 97