Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 83008 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Going to bed now. And why not ghosts?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

One thing that hasn't been discussed is why that mansion is needed today.
Wait, are you thinking it's a one-shot? It's not. The mansion isn't a one-shot, so I can keep using it in later Day phases if I so choose.

Sounds like you should claim the house ;)
B-but it's my ability.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile

Mamobo has lots of secrets!

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 0 -
BluarianKnight - 0 -
Caz - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 2 - ToonyMan*, Jim Groovester*,
Jim Groovester - 2 - Luckyowl*, Toaster*,
Luckyowl - 5 - Reverie*, Secretdorf*, TricMagic*, BluarianKnight*, FallacyofUrist*,
notquitethere - 1 - 4maskwolf*,
Reverie - 0 -
Secretdorf - 2 - notquitethere*, Caz*,
Toaster - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 2 - Vector, Fakerag,

Day ends on March 22, 2021 at 18:00 CST (~44 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile

I've got a feeling Vector's silence might be a day-ability from another wizard, due to Fakerag - rag, ragged, muffled/silenced or something or the sort. I dunno, just guessing.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

I've got a feeling Vector's silence might be a day-ability from another wizard, due to Fakerag - rag, ragged, muffled/silenced or something or the sort. I dunno, just guessing.

So it was you is what you're saying.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am exhausted.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Tric:
As for the countdown, I'd guess it would go down with every death, rather than be tied to days or phases. What else it does is up in the air.
That's a reasonable guess.

@Blue:
It is quite odd considering their excitement before the game started.

PPE:
I am exhausted.
Ah.

I'm curious what Lucky and Secret have to say. Especially Secret.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FallacyofUrist, start talking about the house. I buy no more of that "conversation piece" bullcrap.

Toaster: I feel honored by people's constant assertions that I'm totally illegible, but it also wears me out and leads to me playing defensively. Web's go-to scum play against me has become pocketing as a result of this. I need to strive to become better, but to be honest, the defensive and aggro energies come from the same source. Of course all of the meme-teaming "weh weh don't yeet the 3rd parties" is something that I am just, like, hilaridone with. If I had a daykill I'd take out 4mask for the jester-joke. So point is: that wasn't the only thing wearing me out that game. But still. Must be better in order to defeat Kakarrot.

Reverie, it's nice to hear that you've missed me. This will be your final mistake.

Finally: I really fucking hate all of the rolefishing about who has auto abilities good night abilities sweet role blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. It's undisciplined and distracts from the daygame. Do a better job of that first plx kthkx.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't make the mansion or the countdown, my action is non-significant. However, if someone needs a night action...tell me. Jim going crazy after FOU is suspicious to me. There are going to be many actions so why was it suspicious, jim groovester? People on my scumlist are luckyowl/Jim/NQT. In that order. FOU is also bit sus but we can see after what the mansion does helps us or harms us. Reverie, what is your read on Jim/NQT.I am not 3rd party.(wouldn't claim even if i were)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

It's undisciplined and distracts from the daygame. Do a better job of that first plx kthkx.

You first?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's undisciplined and distracts from the daygame. Do a better job of that first plx kthkx.

You first?

I'm talking about actions not roles :V

But yeah, OK. Did a reread. Hella posts here we go.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@toonyman: say on what? Vector is here now so we'll soon get smt on him. But it feels like townish so far.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 1: Let The Mage Games Begin
« Reply #252 on: March 20, 2021, 11:41:12 pm »

This is a bad post from NQT.

Thinking on it, this Jim meta stuff is a dead end I think. What rubbed me the wrong way with Devil Jim wasn't anything that could be seen early D1.

Lucky, are you a jester? Because it sure looks like you'd like to be lynched.

Blu
4mask, definitely. I can usually somewhat get a feel of scum or town off most people, but 4mask has always just read.. 4mask to me. I cant distinguish his scum and town play easily, if at all, without heavy digging.
I'd second Vector - still don't know how to read them too well either.
NQT - Who'd you prefer least to be 3rd party?
I think 4mask has a less legible style now he's been playing a lot elsewhere. Vector always seems pretty town to me... though maybe less so if they don't turn up. 4mask is the more dangerous 3rd party as recent experience has shown.

Caz, I think "diplomacy" here is a euphemism for voting each other off as opposed to using role powers, right?

Toony
I think this game has three mafia. They are NQT, FoU, and a player who mysteriously hasn't posted yet.

I'm going to believe 4maskwolf's jester jest.
I think this game is turning out a lot like Supernatural, where I got misread a lot due to genuinely having TMI from my mason role. I can see why you would say you believe 4mask's claim, even though it's clearly nonsense.

Toaster, crumpets are superior you menace. Seriously though, would you prefer I'd addressed everyone but you?

I don't like:

- This comment about Lucky jestering. We all know how Lucky plays.
- Mirroring -> pocket on BK
- Non-meaningful interaction with Caz
- Rolecrumbing (getting misread due to role stuff. Rolecrumbing is sadly the #1 NQT scumtell)
- The relaxed vote on Toaster

Lucky is an easy lynch candidate. Happens in almost every game he's in. Traditional wisdom has it 3rd person on the wagon isn't town. So let's see, the order of voting Lucky was:
Secret -> Tric -> Reverie -> Secret -> Bluarian

So if Lucky flips town/third-party then someone in the [Reverie -> Secret -> Bluarian] is structurally a good fit for scum. Might be win-win to try out this theory... but most of all I want to hear what Secret has to say about this countdown.

And here's some lynch-chaining in the midsts of some easy analysis. Lynch-chaining is the other NQT #1 scumtell.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
[quote author=Reverie link=topic=178237.msg8260840#msg8260840 date=1616167036]
[font=verdana][size=1em]Snark or no, shotgun-RVSing the entire lobby comes across as an easy return of investment in the art of looking busy. It's fluff in its own way.
Whether or not you do it as town doesn't change the fact that it [i]does[/i] get my attention (as someone who talks too much when nervous), and Jim's point resonates with it. But point taken. [color=#ff0000][b]Unvote.[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[/quote]

[quote author=Reverie link=topic=178237.msg8261288#msg8261288 date=1616277025]
I have an ability with post restrictions, so discount nothing.

I’m going to give the current development another look tomorrow, but I have to say that [b][color=#0000ff]FoU[/color][/b] is on my radar after mulling over his towntell question. The mansion thing is not helping, but my vote is not budging until Lucky makes his case.
[/quote]

Finding the random and apparently deliberate switch to Verdana here interesting, along with writing out the individual colors as hexes.

I am not fond of the apparent abundance of careful/cautious play/overtalking things, or of these copouts:

Reverie: Top three favorite towntells, go.

I don't really like this question because it feels like giving dangerous advice, so I'll pass. Nice try though.

Everyone: Am I force to answer those...RVS questions?

So right, I don't know this set up very well. Nor do I have a good feel on who might be the scum. So I'm just gonna vote Jim Groovster for having that same attitude from last game.

This is about as bad as copouts get, Luckyowl.

That said, I do like the attack on NQT's shotgun blast.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 1: Let The Mage Games Begin
« Reply #254 on: March 20, 2021, 11:45:45 pm »

PFP

This may come as a slight surprise to some people, but haha funny NQT quotes aside not everything I do has some grand design behind it. Sometimes I just say things or do things because it amuses me to do so.

I care. Should I care? Maybe not. But I do, and pie to you if you're going to get in the way of my nonsensical stratagems.

I don't like these posts either. Scum equity +.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 97