Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 82804 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 1: Let The Mage Games Begin
« Reply #165 on: March 19, 2021, 09:52:44 pm »

@FoU:
ToonyMan: If you were scum, what tells would you show?
Let's see, probably more relaxed and aloof. I wouldn't be paranoid or jumpy and get crazy theories in my head of who's trying to fool me. I would bus anybody I deem unworthy for towncred.

@Luckyowl:
Everyone: Am I force to answer those...RVS questions?
I mean, nobody is forcing you to answer questions, you can just ignore them and I'll keep track of who's ignoring what in my notes...

So right, I don't know this set up very well. Nor do I have a good feel on who might be the scum. So I'm just gonna vote Jim Groovster for having that same attitude from last game.
Bad vote Lucky, bad vote. I think Jim is town right now, Jim was town-siding in Super10 so that's not really a good reason is it?

@Jim:
This is a frighteningly manageable game of mafia so far. What's wrong, everybody? Where's the posting vigor I've come to expect?
You scared everyone off. >:(

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 19, 2021, 09:56:31 pm »

@Jim:
This is a frighteningly manageable game of mafia so far. What's wrong, everybody? Where's the posting vigor I've come to expect?

I mocked it but I never thought I'd miss it. :(
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 19, 2021, 10:00:57 pm »

Let's see, probably more relaxed and aloof. I wouldn't be paranoid or jumpy and get crazy theories in my head of who's trying to fool me. I would bus anybody I deem unworthy for towncred.
Hm, yeah. Definitely holds true from Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2, where you were a very chill mafioso.

Pressure.

Different people react in different ways to pressure. But reaction provoking is useful.

What would you say the best way to put pressure on the mafia is - aside from directly voting them? Because that's too obvious.   

Be careful what you wish for.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2021, 10:14:22 pm »

What would you say the best way to put pressure on the mafia is - aside from directly voting them? Because that's too obvious.
Besides voting them? Guessing the entire scum team.

I think this game has three mafia. They are NQT, FoU, and a player who mysteriously hasn't posted yet.

I'm going to believe 4maskwolf's jester jest.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2021, 10:32:20 pm »

Do you mind rephrasing this, FoU? Do you mean my favorite reads off people??
I mean your favorite 'tells' that tell you when someone is mafia or third party.

Third party claims, buddying with someone/voting the same, and suddenly switching targets at a dime.

Each alone isn't enough to confirm mafia, but if you mix two or all three together.. it usually leads me to at least scumlean.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2021, 11:32:39 pm »

Toony:
Because I wanted to. Those were general @ thoughts after reading your post (spent more time talking about myself honestly, how self-centered), just so happens specifically for the part addressed to Vector at the end. Obviously Vector was your label there and we all expect them to respond when they're here, but I'm still allowed to make comments, no?

Fair enough.

Luckyowl:

Yep.  If you have a better idea on how to break the ice, we're all ears.

Jimbo:
You take that back!

Ommm gus

Hey Reverie, welcome back.  Do you still hold the same principle of vigging that probably won town the game back in Witches' Coven?  Do you think Jim is a witch again?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2021, 05:52:59 am »

I'm going to pluck at this a bit at a time when I have free moments.

So picking back up the thread, do you remember anything about Vector or Jim's playstyle? 4mask and I are thinking about a recent series of games where Jim wasn't town, but maybe you have a different perspective?
Hey Reverie, welcome back.  Do you still hold the same principle of vigging that probably won town the game back in Witches' Coven?  Do you think Jim is a witch again?

I'm sorry to disappoint, but my memory of past games is honestly quite bad. Life has been really rough for me for a while and I've repressed a bunch. On the topic of SKs though, I mostly share Bluarian's opinion and I don't like being SK. There's a whole lot that can go wrong, and even being right that time in Witch's Coven doesn't really even it out. And no, I don't think Jim is a witch, nor am I especially suspicious of him at the moment :p

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2021, 06:03:30 am »

Reverie: Top three favorite towntells, go.

I don't really like this question because it feels like giving dangerous advice, so I'll pass. Nice try though.

So right, I don't know this set up very well. Nor do I have a good feel on who might be the scum. So I'm just gonna vote Jim Groovster for having that same attitude from last game.

This is about as bad as copouts get, Luckyowl.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 20, 2021, 06:42:21 am »

Thinking on it, this Jim meta stuff is a dead end I think. What rubbed me the wrong way with Devil Jim wasn't anything that could be seen early D1.

Lucky, are you a jester? Because it sure looks like you'd like to be lynched.

Blu
4mask, definitely. I can usually somewhat get a feel of scum or town off most people, but 4mask has always just read.. 4mask to me. I cant distinguish his scum and town play easily, if at all, without heavy digging.
I'd second Vector - still don't know how to read them too well either.
NQT - Who'd you prefer least to be 3rd party?
I think 4mask has a less legible style now he's been playing a lot elsewhere. Vector always seems pretty town to me... though maybe less so if they don't turn up. 4mask is the more dangerous 3rd party as recent experience has shown.

Caz, I think "diplomacy" here is a euphemism for voting each other off as opposed to using role powers, right?

Toony
I think this game has three mafia. They are NQT, FoU, and a player who mysteriously hasn't posted yet.

I'm going to believe 4maskwolf's jester jest.
I think this game is turning out a lot like Supernatural, where I got misread a lot due to genuinely having TMI from my mason role. I can see why you would say you believe 4mask's claim, even though it's clearly nonsense.

Toaster, crumpets are superior you menace. Seriously though, would you prefer I'd addressed everyone but you?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 20, 2021, 07:55:38 am »

nobody is voting me? No one even noticed I am here. Very sus.

Luckyowl will probably be the best choice for a D1 lynch. Other than that, I'll wait until I read these few pages, which are suspiciously few.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 20, 2021, 08:03:37 am »

@Jim:

I mocked it but I never thought I'd miss it. :(

4maskwolf- Third Party
notquitethere- Scumlean
Reverie- No read
Caz- No read.(Has he posted yet?)
ToonyMan-Scumlean
Vector No posts
Secretdorf 1 post, welcome to this game.
Jim Groovester-Townlean
Luckyowl-Luckyowl
TricMagic-Tricky
BluarianKnight-Minor townlean
FallacyofUrist-Scumlean
Toaster No posts

Read-list from what I've seen so far. Good morning all scum, have a beautiful full moon. And please die.

A question to everyone, do you dislike your role? Any auto abilities you can't control? An who will you target tonight? I'm personally thinking of either Lucky or 4mask.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 20, 2021, 08:11:21 am »

Honestly surprised there isn't fifteen pages of game to dig through.

If I had to guess it's because nobody did anything weird that kick-started discussion at the start of the game. Last two big games I had here had TolyK insisting on launching townies for hats and me hardclaiming survivor, both of which sparked a lot of early discussion.

Here we haven't had anything comparable.

Tricmagic is probably town.
Toonyman is probably town.
Jim is maybe town.
NQT is probably scum.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 20, 2021, 08:31:13 am »

Secretdorf

Luckyowl will probably be the best choice for a D1 lynch. Other than that, I'll wait until I read these few pages, which are suspiciously few.
Not sure I like this. You say you haven't read the pages while at the same time making a judgement on what the pages say...?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 20, 2021, 08:56:54 am »

NQT:
Toaster, crumpets are superior you menace. Seriously though, would you prefer I'd addressed everyone but you?

Maybe I just haven't had a good one.

I'd rather see questions that have any potential to get a useful response.  If that means culling the chaff, so be it.  No, I'd not rather you didn't question me; I want less uselessness to anyone.  To put it another way; what was a scummy response to that question?

TricMagic:
Toaster No posts

I've had three posts so far.  Hardly an avalanche, but significantly more than none.

Read-list from what I've seen so far. Good morning all scum, have a beautiful full moon. And please die.

A question to everyone, do you dislike your role? Any auto abilities you can't control? An who will you target tonight? I'm personally thinking of either Lucky or 4mask.

Fishing, fishing, fishing, and fishing.

Secretdorf:

This post I am writing will be the 61st post since day start.  That's pretty low for a recent D1; how have you not read them yet?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2021, 09:26:25 am »

I just skimread them and I think 4mask, toaster and tricmagic are town and that NQT is probably scum. But I would rather lynch luckywowle.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 97