Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 82751 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 1: Let The Mage Games Begin
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2021, 01:38:30 pm »

Oh. Clearly I'm the weeb.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2021, 03:03:29 pm »

FoU's posts don't read right to me so far.

Caz, who would be bad to have on a scum team?

The answer should be LuckyOwl but after last game I honestly have no idea anymore.

Anyone have an idea about what the opening post means by solving the game through 'diplomacy'? Non-standard ways to win floating around or is that a fancy way of talking about the lynch?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2021, 03:21:12 pm »

FallacyofUrist:
Toaster Oven: When is a scum player feeling cocky and confident?

When they think they've solved the game.  Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're not.

Jim G:
RVS sucks and RVS voters are dillweeds.

ur a dillweed

NQT:
Toaster crumpets or scones?

Scones, easy.  I've had some really delicious blueberry ones, and the ones I made myself weren't bad either.

Clearly this far down the list you've run out of useful questions.   Why even bother?

4mask:
Tric having no sense of humor is NAI.

Toony being 110% done with my shit is NAI.

Did your claim catch any scum?

Why did you make a Fakerag for us to deal with?

Vector:  Super10 I kept (wrongly) thinking of you as scum.  How does someone repeatedly saying "I think Vector is scum but I'm not sure why!" affect your gameplay?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2021, 03:39:33 pm »

@Caz:
I feel that way too, is it because of their first post? That's what bothers me.

Anyone have an idea about what the opening post means by solving the game through 'diplomacy'? Non-standard ways to win floating around or is that a fancy way of talking about the lynch?
I think it's the latter.

@Toaster:
Your case on Blue during Day 1 of Super10 (while well constructed) was also incorrect, but I can't really point fingers after making an incorrect case on Luckyowl Day 2.

I need to reevaluate my cases to focus more on every angle.

I think I tunneled Lucky too hard because I "wanted them to be scum this game" instead of saying "are they really scum?".

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2021, 03:56:12 pm »

Bluknight: Top three favorite scumtells, go.

Do you mind rephrasing this, FoU? Do you mean my favorite reads off people??
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2021, 04:00:06 pm »

PFP

This may come as a slight surprise to some people, but haha funny NQT quotes aside not everything I do has some grand design behind it. Sometimes I just say things or do things because it amuses me to do so.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2021, 04:58:19 pm »

@Toaster:
Your case on Blue during Day 1 of Super10 (while well constructed) was also incorrect, but I can't really point fingers after making an incorrect case on Luckyowl Day 2.

I need to reevaluate my cases to focus more on every angle.

I think I tunneled Lucky too hard because I "wanted them to be scum this game" instead of saying "are they really scum?".

That's true and fair.

Why'd you respond to this, though?  I was addressing Vector.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2021, 05:18:58 pm »

@4maskwolf:
4mask - Why the immediate Jester claim?
Because Toony asked if anyone had third party claims to make and I wanted to mess with him. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise.
Sometimes I just say things or do things because it amuses me to do so.
I mean, sure, but you know I'm 100% going to vote you over that, right?

@Anybody that isn't Toaster:
Why'd you respond to this, though?  I was addressing Vector.
Because I wanted to. Those were general @ thoughts after reading your post (spent more time talking about myself honestly, how self-centered), just so happens specifically for the part addressed to Vector at the end. Obviously Vector was your label there and we all expect them to respond when they're here, but I'm still allowed to make comments, no?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 19, 2021, 06:22:25 pm »

May I ask why that is? Develop your ideas a bit?

Do you mind rephrasing this, FoU? Do you mean my favorite reads off people??
I mean your favorite 'tells' that tell you when someone is mafia or third party.

Not Alignment Indicative
Cool, thanks.

"routine"
To be fair, it was how you acted the last time you were mafia, buuuut it's fair to say there are legitimate reasons to dislike the RVS phase, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

ToonyMan: If you were scum, what tells would you show?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 19, 2021, 06:37:32 pm »

zzzzzzzz

Sleepy. Luckyowl are you awake yet?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2021, 06:42:50 pm »

Everyone: Am I force to answer those...RVS questions?

So right, I don't know this set up very well. Nor do I have a good feel on who might be the scum. So I'm just gonna vote Jim Groovster for having that same attitude from last game.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #161 on: March 19, 2021, 06:44:06 pm »

also
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 19, 2021, 07:59:56 pm »

If you don't at least try to engage, imma daykill you.

Nor do I have a good feel on who might be the scum.
So how do you plan to figure this out?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 19, 2021, 09:11:07 pm »

To be honest, I've played enough D1s to almost agree with you, but it's much better than the non-starter of sitting on our hands waiting for something (often bad) to happen. It's illuminating to watch who bandwagons who anyway.

Random votes and theoretical questions aren't required to start a discussion.

I don't see anybody giving 4maskwolf flak for brazen early Day 1 ploys.

And, really, RVS just is not fun. Don't you guys want to have fun mafia games? Isn't that a more worthwhile goal than winning or losing?

PFP

You guys are dumb

ur dum!

Jim G:

ur a dillweed

You take that back!

@Jim:
I also don't want to see vote changes in the last 15 minutes, this should be alleviated somewhat by having hammers.

Hmm, BYOR15 had hammers but that didn't stop the wild ride that was the end of Day 1.

I guess we'll see what certain people get up to.

ToonyMan, do you think you could tell scum!Jim, 3rdparty!Jim and town!Jim apart by now?

Do you?

I think people's reads on my meta are currently poorly tuned.

4mask, In recent games, Jim was grumpy as scum and he was cautious as third party. It's too early to say which is which but I'm happy to lay down a vote until we see something that definitely isn't "Jim complains about walls of texts and doesnt engage and then turns out to be scum".

--

Reverie, I took a moment to check and you may find these town games illuminating:

This is a very silly post. You attack me for my meta within the past six months while you defend yourself with your meta from five seven years ago. In the same post.

if we're going by all time historical meta, I am both historically and legendarily grumpy regardless of alignment.

Pfp.
Jim/4mask
Unpack "fluffy", I don't get exactly what the accusation is. Do you mean, fluffy as in without substance, or fluffy as in soft? Am I cotton candy or cotton wool?

4mask, I figured, but you know, after recent shenanigans it's good to double check! But in seriousness I take it you don't have a wild claim but actually don't think this means anything, as you'd be suicidal to genuinely claim 3rd party so soon after that last ploy. I think you might have something on Jim, let's see now.

Bolded part is what bothers me most. If you removed the bolded part the point you were making would be entirely preserved, less the cheery explanation and half apology for why you're asking 4maskwolf questions.

It's... fluff. Both in being without substance and in being soft.

May I ask why that is? Develop your ideas a bit?

Hmm, after Caz mentioned it, your posts do remind me a bit of BYOR15, but I don't have a good sense of what your town meta looks like.

This post below:

"routine"
To be fair, it was how you acted the last time you were mafia, buuuut it's fair to say there are legitimate reasons to dislike the RVS phase, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

Reminds me of BYOR15 FoU, with my recollection of that game being that you made a show of being rational and level-headed.

So right, I don't know this set up very well. Nor do I have a good feel on who might be the scum. So I'm just gonna vote Jim Groovster for having that same attitude from last game.
also
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You didn't deserve it but that doesn't mean I feel particularly bad about doing it though.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 19, 2021, 09:12:11 pm »

Honestly surprised there isn't fifteen pages of game to dig through.

This is a frighteningly manageable game of mafia so far. What's wrong, everybody? Where's the posting vigor I've come to expect?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 97