Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 83977 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #300 on: February 25, 2021, 12:54:29 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
BluarianKnight: 4maskwolf, IcyTea31
IcyTea31: notquitethere
Luckyowl: Secretdorf, ToonyMan
notquitethere: Vector
Secretdorf: BluarianKnight, Jim Groovester, juicebox, TricMagic, webadict
TricMagic: Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday

I'm just getting a bit tired of you and was using the latest sheet to make that observation. That sort of logic happens when you rile me up.

Does survivor win if mafia is eliminated before their day? I was under the impression otherwise up till now.
Survivor wins if I survive until the end of the game, whenever that happens. What you're thinking of is called a Watcher, who has to see the game reach a certain day, and is basically never used on Bay12 (or anywhere else for that matter).

That sheet was also wrong, I'd changed my vote to secret quite a few pages back and only changed it back to blue after the votecount was made.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 25, 2021, 01:02:46 pm »

4mask
Everyone else: is the complete moon logic Tric's been spewing about me alignment indicative? I've not played as many games with him as most of you have so I'd like some input.
Maybe. Tric is always singing from a different songsheet. They could just be flailing town, right now I would say broadly not indicative. But I don't like it.

Tric
A survivor wins when the game ends and the game ends when town or a scum faction wins. A survivor can be mildly pro-town in this setup as there are serial killers that both the town and survivors need to defeat.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 25, 2021, 01:08:17 pm »

A survivor wins when the game ends and the game ends when town or a scum faction wins. A survivor can be mildly pro-town in this setup as there are serial killers that both the town and survivors need to defeat.
There are Serial Killers is an interesting take considering that there have been several supernaturals (including at least one this size, I got off my ass and skimmed the role sheets for previous games just for this post) with no SKs at all.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 25, 2021, 01:12:59 pm »

Tric
NQT, who do you think? And why would you even ask that question of me when my opinion is clear? Also throwing a Juicebox redirection into our paths.
I want a Juice lynch most of all. Lucky would be okay. How is trying to get players to consider a player as scum a "redirection"?

Vector
Definitely Lucky, but I'll be completely honest that it's primarily about *really* not wanting to LYLO with them again, especially if they're not going to bother participating D1. Every unit of time that they don't post makes them look worse (or more appetizing, I guess).

So that this isn't all about policy, I don't think we should wagon Secret when they're up for replace and bothered to come back and make another post. Blue and Juice are ... idk, at least trying. I'm not going to shed tears over any of them getting tossed D1, but I think we have the most to gain from wagoning Lucky.

If they come back and try to defend themselves because they think they're about to die, we'd at least get some data.
This position is reasonable.

4mask
There are Serial Killers is an interesting take considering that there have been several supernaturals (including at least one this size, I got off my ass and skimmed the role sheets for previous games just for this post) with no SKs at all.
You're correct. I meant "if there are" or "as there are possible". That said, there's a reasonable chance of there being an SK by the end of the game, as corrupted resurrections can create them.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 25, 2021, 01:14:44 pm »

4mask
You're correct. I meant "if there are" or "as there are possible". That said, there's a reasonable chance of there being an SK by the end of the game, as corrupted resurrections can create them.
Side note, I'm not sure it's a hard and fast rule but it looks like warlocks revive into demons disturbingly often.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 25, 2021, 01:17:47 pm »

Good spot. Kinda makes sense. Maybe they already made a pact in the setting. To be on the safe side: Priests avoid ressing warlocks.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 25, 2021, 01:52:06 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
BluarianKnight: 4maskwolf, IcyTea31
juicebox: notquitethere
Luckyowl: BluarianKnight, Persus13, ToonyMan, webadict
notquitethere: Vector
Persus13: Jim Groovester, juicebox, TricMagic
TricMagic: Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday.

Persus13 is replacing in for Secretdorf.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 25, 2021, 01:53:16 pm »

Welcome welcome Persus.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 25, 2021, 02:01:27 pm »

It turns out yesterday was not actually Thursday like I thought it was for some reason. Sure as hell felt like one though. I actually will be around for the deadline.

I'll unvote Secretdorf/Persus13 by virtue of him actually showing up and bothering at all which is more than LuckyOwl has done based on my skim over of the thread.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 25, 2021, 02:02:14 pm »

Eh ... LuckyOwl. You wanna come out and tell us who's scum?

I plan to be around at day-end but I have a buncha homework I need to do now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 25, 2021, 02:05:04 pm »

Damn it, really? You guys ae really going to vote Luckyowl?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 25, 2021, 02:05:31 pm »

I'll add that I'm still bothered that Secretdorf only voted LuckyOwl after he was prodded and pressured about it instead of doing that to begin with. He's not clear by any means.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 25, 2021, 02:10:29 pm »

*shrug* Look, they're awful to LYLO with and that almost made them into a D1 policy-lynch. Add "I'm just not gonna do D1" to that? Nah. Like, we haven't seen a big scumslip so far other than this kind of disengagement, so we might as well roll.

What's your other recommendation -- 4mask or something? Don't make me laugh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 25, 2021, 02:17:24 pm »

Hello! I'll be decently busy over the next two days, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get any lengthy posts in here before D2. I'm going to Unvote LuckyOwl, especially since I don't have to worry about causing a tie by doing that thanks to Jim and Vector.

I've only read a little bit of the first part of D1 before playing, so the biggest thing that stands out so far is that 4maskwolf claimed survivor, specifically a wererat and that caused some ruffled feathers?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 25, 2021, 02:18:27 pm »

Yes.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 115