Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 83875 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #285 on: February 25, 2021, 11:10:35 am »

TricMagic
I like this tally, it will give a lot of info for the future.
What will you conclude if you lynch Secret and he turns out town?

This one is easy. Someone on this list is scum. Blue, Jim, and Juicebox with web read town for now. For investigative roles, they have 5 targets instead of everyone, and we can start narrowing down who is town-aligned and who is scum. As we find town, the list will narrow down. I'm on it too, but such is the price of info when you can't investigate yourself.

On the flipside, a Mafia reveal will also offer quite a bit of information. Specifically those pushing against it like yourself.

It's, like, the most basic level 0 take, but Tric could 100% be a wolf with blue.

Hua... I'd be fine with a 4mask vote though, it's stuff like this that makes me think he isn't a survivor but a wolf.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 25, 2021, 11:12:37 am »

It's, like, the most basic level 0 take, but Tric could 100% be a wolf with blue.

Hua... I'd be fine with a 4mask vote though, it's stuff like this that makes me think he isn't a survivor but a wolf.
You sure you want to thunderdome the survivor?

Because I'd be happy to dome with you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 25, 2021, 11:18:17 am »

Ugh..
For convenience: SD,Tric.

What do you like about SD's reads? They disagree with yours on several points, and only have explanations for the reads on two players, webadict and BluarianKnight.

Meanwhile, you say you disagree with Tric's reads, but they agree with SD's reads on webadict and BluarianKnight. Which of Tric's reads do you disagree with the most?
I don't expect to agree with any player about everyone, but Secret was close to my thoughts on Blue, Web, Lucky and Jim. Tric I think is wrong about Secret, Lucky, Juicebox, Jim. It seems especially bizarre to give a free pass to Juice and Lucky when anything they can accuse Secret of doing (lurking? low content?) is equally or more true of Juice and Lucky.

Check the time of LO's 'I'm going to openly lurk' with my own readlist. Those two get nulls because nothing stands out, but LO had posted before that, and based on past behavior I gave them a tentative town-lean. And as the days progressed I expected to get more from him. I still do even with this open-lurk gambit. If he fails to showcase anything, then he gets lynched, but not before on day 1. He's a low info lynch through and through, and you are scummier for suggesting such lynches.

I'm not sure what that is besides the context clues I've gotten. Don't I need a claim to enter the Thunderdome? This is more hunting a wolf before they decide to kill me.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 25, 2021, 11:21:28 am »

I'm not sure what that is besides the context clues I've gotten. Don't I need a claim to enter the Thunderdome? This is more hunting a wolf before they decide to kill me.
Interesting response.

Typically thunderdomes arise around mechanical claims, yes, but they don't have to. We could try and force the town to pick between us right now if you'd like. It might not work, but if you're so confident that I'm a wolf fakeclaiming survivor, what do you have to lose?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 25, 2021, 11:56:59 am »

Tric, Vector, of the three wagons (Secret, Blue, Lucky) which do you favour? What about Juice?

Definitely Lucky, but I'll be completely honest that it's primarily about *really* not wanting to LYLO with them again, especially if they're not going to bother participating D1. Every unit of time that they don't post makes them look worse (or more appetizing, I guess).

So that this isn't all about policy, I don't think we should wagon Secret when they're up for replace and bothered to come back and make another post. Blue and Juice are ... idk, at least trying. I'm not going to shed tears over any of them getting tossed D1, but I think we have the most to gain from wagoning Lucky.

If they come back and try to defend themselves because they think they're about to die, we'd at least get some data.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 25, 2021, 12:11:59 pm »

I am also okay with swapping to Luckyowl. I haven't seen anything worth defending, and I'm very baffled still by Blue's defense of them.

@Tric: If you vote 4mask, you're probably gonna get elimmed, and I won't help because it's giving up on scumhunting to vote 4mask.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 25, 2021, 12:15:04 pm »

I am also okay with swapping to Luckyowl. I haven't seen anything worth defending, and I'm very baffled still by Blue's defense of them.

@Tric: If you vote 4mask, you're probably gonna get elimmed, and I won't help because it's giving up on scumhunting to vote 4mask.
When I'm prodding at people to reaction test them and get a better sense of their thought processes it's annoying when someone gives them the answer.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 25, 2021, 12:20:48 pm »

When I'm prodding at people to reaction test them and get a better sense of their thought processes it's annoying when someone gives them the answer.
Perhaps, but here is mine. Trying to shift a vote onto you is both a waste of time and will get me lynched as webadict said. So we'd go into Day 2 down a town and having to lynch you then. But you happen to be third party as a wolf or survivor, so that doesn't help town at all. I'm poking you because you are acting like that, not because I think lynching a lone wolf day 1 is a good idea. Once again, no info is gained from this unless you happen to be mafia making a bold fake-claim, which is somewhat unlikely.

In the same vein, a LO vote gives no info, and web is a little scummier for going with it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 25, 2021, 12:24:31 pm »

Perhaps, but here is mine. Trying to shift a vote onto you is both a waste of time and will get me lynched as webadict said. So we'd go into Day 2 down a town and having to lynch you then. But you happen to be third party as a wolf or survivor, so that doesn't help town at all. I'm poking you because you are acting like that, not because I think lynching a lone wolf day 1 is a good idea. Once again, no info is gained from this unless you happen to be mafia making a bold fake-claim, which is somewhat unlikely.

In the same vein, a LO vote gives no info, and web is a little scummier for going with it.
The fact that you have any scenarios where I get lynched in the first two days is adorable. I only have to worry about the noose if we're too slow in finding wolves, because then the town is going to start tinfoiling on me. It's why I'm putting so much effort into scumhunting now, so we don't reach that situation.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 25, 2021, 12:28:25 pm »

That is fair, but I also think Tric is an easy target and that they are probably Town.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 25, 2021, 12:29:19 pm »

That is fair, but I also think Tric is an easy target and that they are probably Town.
I'd like to be able to reach that conclusion myself and confirm for myself that my earlier clearing of him for his accusations of me weren't in error, because I'm still not convinced.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 25, 2021, 12:30:04 pm »

The fact that you have any scenarios where I get lynched in the first two days is adorable. I only have to worry about the noose if we're too slow in finding wolves, because then the town is going to start tinfoiling on me. It's why I'm putting so much effort into scumhunting now, so we don't reach that situation.
The fact you proposed a thunderdome is disturbing, as it would require town to lynch both of us when we have to find mafia. That's where this scenario is born from, not anything else. And all I see is you pushing for low-info lynches to drag out the days. Which fits survive wincon and wolf to a degree.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 25, 2021, 12:36:38 pm »

The fact you proposed a thunderdome is disturbing, as it would require town to lynch both of us when we have to find mafia. That's where this scenario is born from, not anything else. And all I see is you pushing for low-info lynches to drag out the days. Which fits survive wincon and wolf to a degree.
Interesting to hear that secret, a lynch I was quite big on for most of yesterday, is a low info lynch, considering you've been big on that wagon as the big-shot high info lynch.

Interesting that you completely ignored the salient point in that post which is that it's in my best interests to end the game quickly so the town doesn't kill me over a tinfoil.

Also, you seem to be selectively ignoring everything in my posts except the parts that support your ideas, even before you responded I made it clear I was looking for a reaction and not an actual attempt at getting a thunderdome started. In what world would a survivor, or a wolf for that matter, genuinely want to thunderdome D1. Or basically ever, except a wolf at LYLO who thinks they'll win.

Everyone else: is the complete moon logic Tric's been spewing about me alignment indicative? I've not played as many games with him as most of you have so I'd like some input.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 25, 2021, 12:51:12 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
BluarianKnight: 4maskwolf, IcyTea31
IcyTea31: notquitethere
Luckyowl: Secretdorf, ToonyMan
notquitethere: Vector
Secretdorf: BluarianKnight, Jim Groovester, juicebox, TricMagic, webadict
TricMagic: Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday

I'm just getting a bit tired of you and was using the latest sheet to make that observation. That sort of logic happens when you rile me up.

Does survivor win if mafia is eliminated before their day? I was under the impression otherwise up till now.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 25, 2021, 12:52:44 pm »

We still have around an entire day and a halfish to get things sorted. - I wouldn't say it's 'fast approaching' just yet.

Out of curiosity blue how many games here have you read?
Overall? I'd say a few dozen - but as of recent only around 6-7 games fully

BluarianKnight:  Why am I getting a feeling you're looking for easy targets?

I felt like I wasn't being pressuring enough - so I used my vote. I bandwagoned and let others lead me along last night, and I realized I probably should make a more legitimate claim before putting my vote out. It's why dropped my vote on you - I didn't have much of a claim, and my intuition told me on second-read you probably were town.

. . .

I was trying too hard at the time - again, didn't build a case, was terrible scumhunting practices I'll admit to now.
Also; parroting Web? Yeah, I did that too. I'll admit this now - I've got a bias on Web and Vector - both of them I highly respect, and I've tried to base my strategies off of their plays (wackiness + well researched posts). So, when I saw this;

. . .

I was definitely swayed by this  - I'll try to keep my bias off this, but I'm willing to admit fault.

Okay you are doing nothing to make me feel less uneasy about you and in fact are doing the opposite. You are increasing my unease about you.

Mafia is not the game to fall on your sword and bend in response to pressure.

You are acting.

Mmm, yes. My votes give you reason to think I'm town. Which votes are those? I have not cast a vote during Day 1.

Off from work. Expect a bigger post in a couple hours.

Welp. I didn't mean votes - I meant prods. I got no fucking clue why I put votes.

I could and am very much tempted to accuse you of making bland reads lists without putting much thought or detail into them, and otherwise going through the motions.

Picking lurkers is not a bland or easy read.

How am I aiming for low-fruits? Hell, at this rate anyone I feel are scum could be 'low-fruits'. Lucky and Secret are playing in a way completely different then what I saw them do in Vengeful - even if they're busy, Secret's been half-assing his posts, and Lucky has barely interacted. Maybe they've both suddenly gotten busy after signing up, but I don't believe that.

Taking into consideration of recent events, I'll gladly switch some things around;

Tric - going to null for me. What the fuck are you doing here? It doesn't seem town to me. Maybe an honest mistake, but  dropping it down.
Juice - Scum. Call it a 'low-ball' after everyone's called it, but copying my readlist is even worse then my own half-assed attempt.
Vector - Still null.
Jim - Still town. For the same reasons - he's scumhunting and hasn't tried any odd moves.
Notquitethere - solid town green.
Webadict - Townlean, going at scumhunt.
Secret - Could be excuses, but I'm willing to switch my vote for now.
Luckyowl  - Scum, or at least lynchable.
4mask - Confusing the shit out of me still - I don't think he's town-friendly, but isn't scum.

@4mask - I've only played one game with Tric, but looking over his playstyle.. I don't think it's indicative of scumplay.

A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 115