Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 83757 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #270 on: February 25, 2021, 09:36:04 am »

unvote
Did you ever explain why you voted NQT, someone you said in the same post was a null read along with like half the game?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 25, 2021, 09:44:58 am »

NQT's whole response to my claim has been pretty mrrrr for one simple reason.

. . .

I get the point you're trying to make about NQT going too easy on you or giving you too much slack for your survivor claim.

What do you make of TricMagic who more aggressively doubted your claim?

I could probably go dig that up but you're posting ten times more frequently than I am so I figure you have the bandwidth to spoonfeed me.
Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...

Sure, why not. As Tric began to accuse me of being a wolf with increasingly nonsensical accusations I started reading him as more townie, for the simple reason that fake scumhunting a survivor is a pretty pointless endeavor for a wolf, and frankly it felt like it was following the precedent set by "let's kill town so I can get hats". I'm starting to doubt that read though for the simple reason that while I'd expect the veteran players to follow along with "not scumhunting the survivor as a wolf" I'm increasingly unable to convince myself that wolf!Tric wouldn't OMGUS me off my push, survivor claim or no. Someone with more knowledge of how Tric plays would probably have a better read on him but I've only played a few games with him so I don't have the best read there.

Also that wasn't quite my point on NQT but meh, it's not super important now. He explained it well enough and I'm willing to sheep Toony on "he's probably telling the truth".

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 25, 2021, 09:45:51 am »

unvote
Did you ever explain why you voted NQT, someone you said in the same post was a null read along with like half the game?
Sorry, my brain wasn't working for a second, that was clearly a meme vote in response to him asking you to vote.

New question: why did you make an RVS vote so long after RVS has already ended.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2021, 10:04:58 am »

Blue's more eh I guess. I won't get any info out of a Blue lynch other than him having a very bad scumtell if he is mafia. And I'll learn that when the game ends anyway, no matter what happens. As is, it may just be him be him taking my advice to heart from Vengeful at the wrong time.(and those word mistakes)

Secretdorf does reveal a bit of info however, and is my top scum-pick. Jim seems to be creeping up there, but Juicebox is definitely scum-read at this point of the thread. I'm at Vector's LOL read post at the moment.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2021, 10:08:03 am »

I'm starting to doubt that read though for the simple reason that while I'd expect the veteran players to follow along with "not scumhunting the survivor as a wolf" I'm increasingly unable to convince myself that wolf!Tric wouldn't OMGUS me off my push, survivor claim or no. Someone with more knowledge of how Tric plays would probably have a better read on him but I've only played a few games with him so I don't have the best read there.
Tric absolutely is the kind of player who would OMGUS you off a push, survivor claim as no, as any alignment. I wouldn't take it as alignment-indicative.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 25, 2021, 10:44:34 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
BluarianKnight: 4maskwolf, IcyTea31
IcyTea31: notquitethere
Luckyowl: Secretdorf, ToonyMan
notquitethere: Vector
Secretdorf: BluarianKnight, Jim Groovester, juicebox, TricMagic, webadict
TricMagic: Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 25, 2021, 10:47:04 am »

Hmm. Based on Webadict's post, I'm comfortable moving them to full Town on my list. Which is going to cause reassessment with the new list from them and push Toaster back down a spot.

2 more drinks to hammer. I like this tally, it will give a lot of info for the future.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 25, 2021, 10:48:23 am »

Me: Secret is today's pick for easy town death, let's avoid that and wait for a replacement
Juicebox: "I think I'd be comfortable voting them now." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Today I will support a LuckyOwl or a Juicebox lynch. Secret was correct about Lucky in their last post.

Literally anyone, does anything Juicebox has come out with make sense from a town POV?

Icy
From noticing that scum!NQT had not been participating in the early scumhunting, and if the town joins in on speculating currently-irrelevant mechanics, from scumhunting ourselves. You didn't answer the question: what use is that post for town on this Day, and why was it more critical to spend time and effort on it than on your early participation?
My early participation was ruled out by injuring my leg and as I don't own a time machine it's useless to speculate how best I could have that early time. But once I got into the thread, as promised, I have provided actual hunting as well as the information. So your purely hypothetical criticism proved unfounded. Why was it best to do this on D1? I don't know why you would think it's irrelevant at this stage. It's highly relevant whether 4mask is telling the truth, what role a fakeclaiming Tric could actually have, what kind of third parties we're facing, the fact that scum teams can have town roles etc. Giving people this information up front can stop a lot of misconceptions.

Do you really think a scum!NQT would think it a priority to publicise the possible composition of the scum teams? Scum want town to forget that vampires are cultists, or that cultists can be mafia, or that hunters can hunt things not in the game.

Are you really persisting with this bizarre line? C'mon. Just admit spending a non-trivial amount of time informing the town what the threats could be is not actually a scum tell.

For convenience: SD,Tric.

What do you like about SD's reads? They disagree with yours on several points, and only have explanations for the reads on two players, webadict and BluarianKnight.

Meanwhile, you say you disagree with Tric's reads, but they agree with SD's reads on webadict and BluarianKnight. Which of Tric's reads do you disagree with the most?
I don't expect to agree with any player about everyone, but Secret was close to my thoughts on Blue, Web, Lucky and Jim. Tric I think is wrong about Secret, Lucky, Juicebox, Jim. It seems especially bizarre to give a free pass to Juice and Lucky when anything they can accuse Secret of doing (lurking? low content?) is equally or more true of Juice and Lucky.

TricMagic
I like this tally, it will give a lot of info for the future.
What will you conclude if you lynch Secret and he turns out town?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 25, 2021, 10:51:34 am »

That votecount isn't quite accurate, I'm voting Secretdorf right now.

I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable with it though as more and more people pile on for terrible reasons.

I'm also concerned that blue has been scumread by quite a few people and viewed as trending down by several more but everyone is basically just going ":sparkleshrug: give blue one more day."

Blue

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 25, 2021, 10:52:37 am »

Literally anyone, does anything Juicebox has come out with make sense from a town POV?
Not especially, no, and I'm completely happy with that slot dying today.

inb4 someone's like "you're a survivor, you're fine with anyone dying" as if I haven't made my intent to townside clear.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 25, 2021, 10:55:05 am »

LuckyOwl, are you intending to vote? You have to realise that not posting makes you look scummier than posting.

Tric, Vector, of the three wagons (Secret, Blue, Lucky) which do you favour? What about Juice?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 25, 2021, 10:57:25 am »

As I have not been replaced yet, I'll say that I am being lynched due to thinking I am lurking scum, but I am not. Scum are jumping on me because I am not defending myself and townies think I am the perfect lynch target. I would have claimed but I am not because scum will know how to kill me which is bad for town. Luckyowl's probably a far better target than I but he is on the scumteam so scum are not fueling a lynch on him. I think NQT is probably town because theyre not going for the easy lynch.

As my last words, I'll say tricmagic is most likely scum but I am not voting for them because other people think they are town and also  they could be lying as town because their claim is simply a lie and I don't know why they are being townread by some people.

Luckyowl's play so far in  this game is almost opposite to their town play. Why is that not clear to people? When they are town, they are scumhunting and not just keep saying they are town. I at least tried to post my thoughts on the game but the large amount of content is almost impossible for me to read and properly process and analyze due to already less time I have due to RL. Many of my reads so far are slightly influenced by other reads which I considered genuine. Therefore, I'll say that any town player voting me should immediately unvote me because if you dont, then persus or heydude will likely have to claim which will be not good for town. As an alternative lynch, I'll propose luckyowl or tricmagic. Oh and toonyman's probably town too.

To NQT, easy target would be Blue or LO. In LO's case, no info is gained from their lynch. At all. We'd be going into Day 2 just as confused as Day 1. (Except those with investigative roles and mafia)

LO is an easy lynch, and one without any info gained from it. They are obviously suspicious, but investigative roles can check them out to see if it pans out any.

Also, ToonyMan is town is not a very hot take. And not good for town doesn't mean much. A lot of power roles are like that.

4mask, you are proving my point of Blue being an easy target at this moment. Are you sure you're not a wolf?

NQT, who do you think? And why would you even ask that question of me when my opinion is clear? Also throwing a Juicebox redirection into our paths.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 25, 2021, 10:58:40 am »

It looks like as the day end approaches some people attempt to manipulate the vote away from secret for their own reasons. Quiet may mean a dead town, but this isn't quiet is it?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 25, 2021, 11:02:52 am »

It looks like as the day end approaches some people attempt to manipulate the vote away from secret for their own reasons. Quiet may mean a dead town, but this isn't quiet is it?
...What is this take? Day doesn't end for more than 24 hours (It's like 33 hours rn). DADV isn't even as applicable here because our meta isn't the same as most sites and it's literally never applicable this far from deadline. Even if you thought day ended in nine hours it's still way too early to do DADV, even on Bay12.

This is either hella wolfy or a really, really mistaken town.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 25, 2021, 11:04:00 am »

It's, like, the most basic level 0 take, but Tric could 100% be a wolf with blue.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 115