Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1 - Bloodless Town Victory  (Read 19322 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1 - 1 Replacement needed
« Reply #210 on: February 17, 2021, 01:23:52 pm »

LuckyOwl is pretty on-brand. I just doubt they're Mafia. You can look at other games they play in and see that their opener is very similar.

Lucky has literally never been anything but town to my knowledge so how would you know? :L

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 17, 2021, 01:29:36 pm »

Wait my bad. I see approval from Secretdorf here and TricMagic here.

Thus that leaves three people that haven't approved The Plan. Egan, Webadict, and Mightymush.

LuckyOwl is pretty on-brand. I just doubt they're Mafia. You can look at other games they play in and see that their opener is very similar.
Lucky has literally never been anything but town to my knowledge so how would you know? :L
Lucky was I guess mafia in Ultimate Werewolf, but nobody had to do anything in that. They were very obviously lying as mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 17, 2021, 01:32:18 pm »

Technically, Lucky was a Dream Wolf in ONUW, but fair point. It just feels that way to me. Call it a combination of intuition, meta, and read.

LuckyOwl is the person I would pick first if I had to pick a Townie. Who would you pick?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 17, 2021, 01:33:02 pm »

How about NO. You're setting up a witchhunt and I don't like it. You'll just whittle us done until we hit level 4, then pull a fast one and end us.

2-1-2/3-2-3/4-3/4-3-4. Day 4 3 people are dead from poison. Day 3 is almost guaranteed to see 2 people dead and resurrection 3 days away. And that's in the case of one poisoner. And on day 4 Monks can trap people, so one more dead f a lynch occurs. 10 people left, and we get resurrections. Except with some not going that route it's not going to work, and a fifth will die to ressurect someone who isn't a monk. Day 5 say we have 8 people left. Assuming 4 mafia, that's game over. All without having to do anything but go along a perfect plan. Not even counting if there are multiple poisoners. Point is we can't afford to coast till we have tier-5 power, we have to lynch someone. And by doing so we get closer to the end with a town loss as the result if this is being orchestrated by mafia. I'm not playing this game where we all slowly die off.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2021, 01:34:14 pm »

Wait my bad. I see approval from Secretdorf here and TricMagic here.

Thus that leaves three people that haven't approved The Plan. Egan, Webadict, and Mightymush.

Lucky was I guess mafia in Ultimate Werewolf, but nobody had to do anything in that. They were very obviously lying as mafia.

I am going to keep fighting this until the end of the day. I may follow the shielding, but not the rest of it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2021, 01:35:12 pm »

OK, you should definitely not put me on the "for" pile. I don't like a plan that relies on doing No-Lynches for days while steadily accruing flaws.

Am I willing to do as you ask in the nightgame on N1? Yes, although I think that if I were playing scum in this game, I would probably no-NK on the first night and try to get people to chain-lynch their way through the town with the resulting WIFOM. So, y'know. Am I willing to sacc the daygame for "the plan"? Not a chance. No. Never.

Also, Toaster is scum. FallacyofUrist probably is too.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 17, 2021, 01:39:07 pm »

How about NO. You're setting up a witchhunt and I don't like it. You'll just whittle us done until we hit level 4, then pull a fast one and end us.
2-1-2/3-2-3/4-3/4-3-4. Day 4 3 people are dead from poison. Day 3 is almost guaranteed to see 2 people dead and resurrection 3 days away. And that's in the case of one poisoner. And on day 4 Monks can trap people, so one more dead f a lynch occurs. 10 people left, and we get resurrections. Except with some not going that route it's not going to work, and a fifth will die to ressurect someone who isn't a monk. Day 5 say we have 8 people left. Assuming 4 mafia, that's game over. All without having to do anything but go along a perfect plan. Not even counting if there are multiple poisoners. Point is we can't afford to coast till we have tier-5 power, we have to lynch someone. And by doing so we get closer to the end with a town loss as the result if this is being orchestrated by mafia. I'm not playing this game where we all slowly die off.
Fine. Don't agree with the plan after Night 1.

I can understand that, but why oppose everyone getting Merchant 1 and daisy chaining shields with each other? Most town players will get kill protects and anybody who doesn't hand out a shield will be incredibly suspect if somebody dies or a shield gets broken.

OK, you should definitely not put me on the "for" pile. I don't like a plan that relies on doing No-Lynches for days while steadily accruing flaws.
No. We are not no-lynching after Day 1.

Am I willing to do as you ask in the nightgame on N1? Yes, although I think that if I were playing scum in this game, I would probably no-NK on the first night and try to get people to chain-lynch their way through the town with the resulting WIFOM. So, y'know. Am I willing to sacc the daygame for "the plan"? Not a chance. No. Never.
Day game all you want.

If mafia choose not to kill, then they don't get to kill town and most of us get kill protection.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2021, 01:41:52 pm »

If a poisoner exists, someone will die tonight shield or no shield. No way to catch that other than it happened.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2021, 01:44:21 pm »

As I said before, daisy-chaining shields will become more and more difficult so I'm fine with not doing it after Night 1. Our best time is now so I think we should do it now.

If we want to lynch somebody today that's fine too, but we'll need to update The Plan to match. No quick hammers.

Personally I think our chance of hitting mafia tomorrow is incredibly high if they try to use their mafiakill, if they don't then more power to us. Day 2 will be our new Day 1 except most of us will have kill protects. This is a better position than today.

If a poisoner exists, someone will die tonight shield or no shield. No way to catch that other than it happened.
Nope. Poison kills you after two days.

Anybody poisoned right now?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2021, 01:48:12 pm »

If somebody on the mafia team is a Level 1 or 2 Assassin and decides to invest in that and poison somebody tonight we can narrow down who they are and make somebody a Level 1 Doctor to remove the poison before they die.

If mafia got a Level 2 Assassin on Night 0 and poisoned somebody they should claim. Anybody poisoned? I'm not.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2021, 01:59:44 pm »

I'll do the plan if we vote to eliminate Today.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2021, 02:04:04 pm »

If we're eliminating my first pick is Egan BW.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 17, 2021, 02:07:49 pm »

Egan is my third pick, prefer Toaster and FoU.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1
« Reply #223 on: February 17, 2021, 02:08:40 pm »

MOD Question:
This game consists of 11 town players and 3 mafia players and 0 anything else, correct?
That's absolutely correct. There are no third parties in CYOM4 and the mafia are a known quantity.

3 mafia confirmed by GM. Rethink this argument.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 17, 2021, 02:11:53 pm »

Why's Toaster top scum?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21