Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1 - Bloodless Town Victory  (Read 19329 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1 - 1 Replacement needed
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2021, 02:15:04 pm »

My pick is TricMagic if we are lynching today.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 17, 2021, 02:16:01 pm »

Also, Toaster is scum. FallacyofUrist probably is too.
Why's Toaster top scum?
What's your feeling before Vector answers?

Eh, I'd rather Egan_BW before TricMagic, but not really feeling Egan.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2021, 02:20:28 pm »

Toony:  I don't understand why you're dead set on a plan that is full of holes past the reasonable Night 1 of getting lots of shields in hands.  Multiple people have pointed out flaws, but your argument against them is basically "it'll be fine don't worry about it."  I'm only in favor of the N1 part; everything past that is too subject to variables that can't be controlled for.

Web is 100% correct that we can't let it lead away from the daygame, which I've gone and done myself.

If we're eliminating my first pick is Egan BW.

Then why not vote?

Caz:
Everyone who disagrees with The Plan must volunteer to get lynched, no backsies

Why are you forcing town to commit to a plan that has so many holes?

Because he's also pointing out the holes in your plan?  That's a pretty weaksauce reason.

Vector:

I'm pretty sure I know why you think I am, but mind spelling it out?  FoU, too.

What about... say... TricMagic?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2021, 02:26:26 pm »

Why's Toaster top scum?
What's your feeling before Vector answers?
He's rather lurky, and re-reading his attack on The Plan does leave me feeling like he was rather negative in his discouragements of it. He didn't mention that even a failure would still give us plenty of useful information.

I'm pretty sure I know why you think I am, but mind spelling it out?  FoU, too.

Is it not your job to form a case if you think Tric is a better lynch target than you are?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2021, 02:28:55 pm »

Nirur:  I will answer that after Vector answers.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2021, 02:33:22 pm »

Why Toaster:

a. Energy, the whole "weh weh I can't be assed" thing is my new number 1 scumtell.
b. Answered question from scum perspective, not town -> has psychological alignment with scumteam.
c. Deflect to Tric, the easiest to lynch noob left after Web promises to chainsaw Lucky and MM.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2021, 02:34:58 pm »

Why are you forcing town to commit to a plan that has so many holes?

The only holes are people who can't contribute due to flaws and people who refuse (stupid). It's a plan that is gonna make it easy to see who did the nightkill and give most of the town a bulletproof vest. What is not to like here?? The alternative is everyone just yolo's however for a huge mess instead?

Because he's also pointing out the holes in your plan?  That's a pretty weaksauce reason.

Nah, because he panicked at the plan. He didn't just dislike it, he got really emotional which suggests to me worry.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2021, 02:42:02 pm »

Vector:

This part I specifically dislike. Poking Caz for pushing Tric, then trying to get me onto Tric in the same post. None of this is scum-hunting: it's just pushing people to explain their reasoning but without any conclusions about alignment, attempt to ascertain who is what, and so on. It's lacking in Town Agenda.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1
« Reply #233 on: February 17, 2021, 02:44:21 pm »

FallacyofUrist - did the same thing he usually does of overly enthusiastically RVSing as scum

Additionally, this is why I think FoU is scum. It's been a strong tell in the games I've played with him.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 17, 2021, 02:45:14 pm »

Vector:  Okay, I was partially right; the A part.  In response to that, I wish I had more time and energy for the game too.  Sorry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As far as C, I don't actually have any case against TricMagic.  I assumed you were going after me focusing on the mechanical instead of the day game; I was contrasting myself with Tric who has done the same.

Nirur:  See above; I don't actually suspect Tric.

Caz:
Nah, because he panicked at the plan. He didn't just dislike it, he got really emotional which suggests to me worry.

Can you specifically point out where he's panicking?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 17, 2021, 02:53:09 pm »

Mostly the point any plans I had on Medium-ing secretly went out the window with this plan. I started poking as many holes into it as I could because it has workarounds that are obvious enough to see. Flowermaidens could for example dope to bypass the shield. I should know given I would have liked that role from the start. As is any longterm plans I had have been completely disrupted by this. On the bright side, that should apply to mafia as well, up till they use teamwork to get around it.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2021, 02:53:58 pm »

Can you specifically point out where he's panicking?

FLOWERMAIDEN! Assassins, and to a lesser extent Doge and Thieves(On the first time before shields show up) can bypass such actions And level 2 Merchants can give out a Duel ability, which shields would stop from occurring, so you'd protect the mafia.. Monks can also delay an action so this plan has been flaed from the start Toonyman

I'd place the mafia team as Toonyman, Caz, and one other. No lynching day 1 offers no info to town.

Everyone who disagrees with The Plan must volunteer to get lynched, no backsies

Go die on a sword heretic. I already did so last game. Pretty easy way to get rid of town right?

this outburst. he was acting weird before that though. eg:

Okay first of all, Webadict. That first post was made to confuse, your vote was made to confuse, and your username apparently confuses Fallacy.(Why that is I don't know.)
To TM(not me the other TM), bit harsh to claim us as the lower players. Who do you think should die first for the Greater Good of town?(the answer isn't the bad players it's the scummy ones.)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2021, 02:59:23 pm »

@Toaster:
Toony:  I don't understand why you're dead set on a plan that is full of holes past the reasonable Night 1 of getting lots of shields in hands.  Multiple people have pointed out flaws, but your argument against them is basically "it'll be fine don't worry about it."  I'm only in favor of the N1 part; everything past that is too subject to variables that can't be controlled for.
Fair enough. I understand your view.

Web is 100% correct that we can't let it lead away from the daygame, which I've gone and done myself.
Mmm.

If we're eliminating my first pick is Egan BW.
Then why not vote?
Alright, I'll do this so Webadict follows the plan. Plus Egan BW is replacing out and who knows if we'll get a replacement.

Egan BW. Second pick is TricMagic, third pick is mightymushroom.

Regardless of the outcome we'll update The Night 1 Plan to fit together again before hammer/deadline.

@TricMagic:
Mostly the point any plans I had on Medium-ing secretly went out the window with this plan. I started poking as many holes into it as I could because it has workarounds that are obvious enough to see. Flowermaidens could for example dope to bypass the shield. I should know given I would have liked that role from the start. As is any longterm plans I had have been completely disrupted by this. On the bright side, that should apply to mafia as well, up till they use teamwork to get around it.
It takes two dopings to kill someone. They'll know if they've been hit by a dope on Night 1 so they'll claim on Day 2 and we can narrow down who the mafia Flowermaiden is.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2021, 03:00:32 pm »

Yeah... I am torn on Tric. I can't make a good decision on them. I also think Egan_BW is probably not Mafia, but if we're not getting a replacement, I'm game to vote them.

Egan_BW.

I would rather vote out FoU, though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2021, 03:00:51 pm »

OK, can anyone reasonably say that this ISN'T hat-lynching Town Tric from the last BYOR?

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21