Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1 - Bloodless Town Victory  (Read 19315 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1
« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2021, 11:17:24 am »

You haven't prioritized killing scum. You've prioritized stalling until everyone has more powers. I actually think your N1 plan is above average, but the better plan is to ELIMINATE SCUM.

There is no perfect plan. You cannot mechanically prove all players in time. And I will absolutely refuse to engage with it. In fact, I will begin actively sabotaging it because, and I can't stress this enough, every plan has flaws, and the biggest flaws here are that we aren't eliminating Mafia.

So, like, sure, we all have shields. What if I spend our time gettings points in votestealing. Great. No more Daygame for everyone else, and now we fucked ourselves in the Nightgame! How wonderful. Oh man, I just went Lvl 5 in Doge and made it so you can't kill my partner! Darn.

No. Not happening while I'm alive. You want to fuck around, you can do it over my dead body, but I'm going to steal the Shields of anyone that I think is scum because that plan doesn't involve stalling until we have Lvl 5s everywhere.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2021, 11:22:06 am »

Which ability finds Mafia, ToonyMan? Tell me that. Which ability inspects alignment so we can mechanically verify everyone.

Or do you just want Lvl 5s everywhere?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 17, 2021, 11:37:40 am »

Egan has replaced out. Any spectators let me know if you'd like to take over.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2021, 11:38:06 am »

PFP really caught up in work right now I'll have the plan update soon

No. Not happening while I'm alive. You want to fuck around, you can do it over my dead body, but I'm going to steal the Shields of anyone that I think is scum because that plan doesn't involve stalling until we have Lvl 5s everywhere.
Go ahead. That is also verifiable.

Which ability finds Mafia, ToonyMan? Tell me that. Which ability inspects alignment so we can mechanically verify everyone.
Resurrects from Monk 5 will create confirmed town. Spotlight from Surveyor 5 can catch scum red-handed, confirming them as mafia.

Or do you just want Lvl 5s everywhere?
We will. If anybody isn't Monk 5 or Surveyor 5 we lynch them. If scum use Resurrect on their buddy we lynch them. If scum use Spotlight they only hurt themselves.

If we have a Level 5 Monk that's mafia that keeps resurrecting their buddy then our stack of Spotlights will find them and we can lynch them first.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 17, 2021, 11:39:42 am »

Doctor 5 is also acceptable.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1 - 1 Replacement needed
« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2021, 11:42:22 am »

And Level 5 Doge banning resurrections while giving pardons? An idea I had, as they can just prevent lynches, buy votes, and generally ruin such planning.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 17, 2021, 11:54:13 am »

And Level 5 Doge banning resurrections while giving pardons? An idea I had, as they can just prevent lynches, buy votes, and generally ruin such planning.
We'll have confirmed town at that point.

We can have a confirmed town kill the Doge by whatever means since the Doge will be confirmed scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 17, 2021, 11:56:04 am »

Necromancer Corpse Consuming.

It's just a bad plan that relies on doing what we should already be doing, but on 3 or 4 Days from now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2021, 12:01:09 pm »

Spotlight will find who's using Ban at night. If they Ban Spotlight we still have Resurrect. We can bounce back and forth between them.

If all the mafia all go Doge 5 their entire team will be obvious and they will have no kill power besides a useless mafiakill we'll block.

It's just a bad plan that relies on doing what we should already be doing, but on 3 or 4 Days from now.
Spotlights will find them. Mafia confirmed.

I'm glad Webadict and TricMagic are planned to give me and Jim shields, since they're both obviously mafia.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2021, 12:02:57 pm »

Hmm... Your Town picks mesh well enough with mine. I was skeptical on juicebox, but I'll let it slide because I think you might be right. But, Luckyowl is definitely 99% Town, and anyone that votes for them fights me.
Wuba: Please explain your Owl read. I was lying awake last night trying to figure it out, and failing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2021, 12:13:22 pm »

Why. Do. We. Need. To. No. Lynch? It's such a lazy plan! It's ignoring the threat and hoping we can deal with it later when it's worse!

Spotlight will find who's using Ban at night. If they Ban Spotlight we still have Resurrect. We can bounce back and forth between them.

If all the mafia all go Doge 5 their entire team will be obvious and they will have no kill power besides a useless mafiakill we'll block.

Spotlights will find them. Mafia confirmed.

I'm glad Webadict and TricMagic are planned to give me and Jim shields, since they're both obviously mafia.
So, your reads are that anyone that disagrees with your plan is Mafia. Then VOTE ME. I already said I'm gonna make the plan as pointless as I can because your plan relies on giving Mafia the same protections as Town.

It's not even that the plan is bad, it's that you ignore all criticism as "We just Spotlight it".

Doge Empower into Ban and Votesteal and Kill. Variables, dude. JUST SCUMHUNT.

Hmm... Your Town picks mesh well enough with mine. I was skeptical on juicebox, but I'll let it slide because I think you might be right. But, Luckyowl is definitely 99% Town, and anyone that votes for them fights me.
Wuba: Please explain your Owl read. I was lying awake last night trying to figure it out, and failing.
LuckyOwl is almost certainly Town because they they don't realize the potential around their actions, never read the OP, and are just... so meta. Look, LuckyOwl is Town. Just trust me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2021, 12:33:57 pm »

Obviously, ToonyMan, if I'm Mafia, I'll flip Mafia and show your plan is only being fought by Mafia.

But you're gonna be afraid I'm Town. And that will break cohesion. Or you know I'm Town, and KNOW it will. Your plan is bad, and the more you defend it, the more it makes you look like scum. So you probably can't vote me either way, can you?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 17, 2021, 12:46:16 pm »

Too bad.
::)
Knowing that town wins even if dead doesn't always make up for lack of people skills.
Sorry.

Players that approve or oppose The Plan Night 1:

Approve
Caz
ToonyMan
Nirur Torir
FallacyofUrist
Vector
Luckyowl
Juicebox
Toaster, at least for Night 1
Jim Groovester, at least for Night 1

Unclear
TricMagic, I think they're opposed? Has no justification except that they think I'm lying scum.
Secretdorf, has avoided the subject
Egan BW, replacing out

Opposes
Webadict, claims they have the Magnetic flaw and also doesn't want to follow the plan, even says they'll actively sabotage it. If they steal?? somebody's shield on Night 1 or whatever we should know. Even if they're magnetic I think they should take the 50% chance of confirming themselves, otherwise they're bullshitting mafia.
Mightymushroom, claims a flaw that prevents them from following the plan, my guess is they have Blinkered and their target is somebody else. If they choose to admit this we can work around their flaw to have Night 1 work still. Otherwise we'll be in the dark just like Webadict, another good candidate for lynching.

The Plan

Everybody get Merchant 1 at the end of day if you don't have it (otherwise work towards your profession).

webadict Sell Shield ToonyMan
ToonyMan Sell Shield Caz
Caz Sell Shield FallacyofUrist
FallacyofUrist Sell Shield Vector
Vector Sell Shield Luckyowl
Luckyowl Sell Shield Secretdorf
Secretdorf Sell Shield mightymushroom
mightymushroom Sell Shield juicebox
juicebox Sell Shield Egan BW
Egan BW Sell Shield Nirur Torir
Nirur Torir Sell Shield webadict
TricMagic Sell Shield Jim Groovester
Jim Groovester Sell Shield Toaster
Toaster Sell Shield TricMagic

I need clear stances from Secretdorf, TricMagic, and Egan BW's replacement. Sorry if you made this clear Tric but I missed it.

Right now me and Juicebox (and maybe Jim) aren't receiving shields.

Anybody got any comments?

Obviously, ToonyMan, if I'm Mafia, I'll flip Mafia and show your plan is only being fought by Mafia.
But you're gonna be afraid I'm Town. And that will break cohesion. Or you know I'm Town, and KNOW it will. Your plan is bad, and the more you defend it, the more it makes you look like scum. So you probably can't vote me either way, can you?
Nah, you're obviously town.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 17, 2021, 12:47:55 pm »

Just trust me.
But I don't.
What was bothering me about your town read wasn't that you had a town owl read, but why you do. It feels like I've seen this episode before. You launch Owl into town core, because "trust you," and defend him, playing around him like water flowing around a rock in a river, which leads into you looking like town core.

Or: Web is the paper to my natural state of rock, and I have to constantly fight it or I'll trust him by default.

LuckyOwl is almost certainly Town because they they don't realize the potential around their actions, never read the OP, and are just... so meta. Look, LuckyOwl is Town.
After typing that: I can't find a reason to distrust this, and Vector agrees with an Owl townread. Very well, Owl is town, and my only suspicion of his defense, ultimately, is that Wuba'd do the same about scum or town. A null read.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 17, 2021, 01:02:47 pm »

Just trust me.
But I don't.
What was bothering me about your town read wasn't that you had a town owl read, but why you do. It feels like I've seen this episode before. You launch Owl into town core, because "trust you," and defend him, playing around him like water flowing around a rock in a river, which leads into you looking like town core.

Or: Web is the paper to my natural state of rock, and I have to constantly fight it or I'll trust him by default.

LuckyOwl is almost certainly Town because they they don't realize the potential around their actions, never read the OP, and are just... so meta. Look, LuckyOwl is Town.
After typing that: I can't find a reason to distrust this, and Vector agrees with an Owl townread. Very well, Owl is town, and my only suspicion of his defense, ultimately, is that Wuba'd do the same about scum or town. A null read.
LuckyOwl is pretty on-brand. I just doubt they're Mafia. You can look at other games they play in and see that their opener is very similar.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21