Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26

Author Topic: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]  (Read 20510 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Day 2]
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2021, 08:37:17 pm »

Looks like I was right to not vote Luckyowl - looks like standard communications difficulty more than malevolence, provided that's not a false roleflip or whatever.

OK, FallacyofUrist is some kind of something. This kind of commenting on "I did a good job with not participating in the democratic murdering yesterday" is a hard scumtell, like commenting on the nightkill. Claim.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2021, 08:45:02 pm »

This could be important:
Player Name: Caz. Role Name: Ron Labane, One-Shot Vigilante/Flavor Cop. "Eco Party"-Aligned.

Ron Labane is a human antagonist from the 2nd Terminator sequel novel. The Eco Party stuff is directly from that. Apparently his group were used as patsies by Skynet after his death. As there was no other kill, Caz probably used the Flavor Cop part of his role first. With 9 players, and apparently only 1 confirmed "mafia" member, it's not surprising that there's a 3rd party here. I don't have to kill 3rd parties, so I'm not too bothered, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's another one in our midst.

Secretdorf, as discussed yesterday, is probably not town given his lack of knowledge of what the aims of town actually are. Further, while Vector claimed that killing resistance was actually just in the flavour, both Secret and noted 3rd-party Caz apparently want to get rid of more than Sarah Connor:

NQT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Caz claimed about resistance too.

I now think this is less like variant town wincons and more like, 3rd party and mafia fake wincons.

PPE: yeah Fallacy's congratulatory pat on back is a bit off. Also thinking on it, his pre-emptive miller claim is a bit more dubious in the light of literally just running a game with a miller where people like wuba regularly speculated on the strategy of scum claiming miller from game start.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2021, 08:45:14 pm »

In addition to my millerism, I have the benefit of being a watcher, which I breadcrumbed in my first post. (Minus the h, but it was 2 AM at the time and I was sleep-deprived, cut me some slack.)

Vector: Who're the two players here you'd be least happy about facing as a scum team? Who's the player here you'd be happiest to be in a mason group with?

notquitethere: All the games I've been in with you haven't given me a good idea of how you'd adapt your play to a smaller-player setup like this. I'm aware you prefer vote-analysis, but how will that be applied differently here based on the setup? Especially when roleflips are not guaranteed to be accurate, as noted in rule 4?

Caz: There's a good chance that we'll be dealing with some... seriously nonstandard mechanics. Obviously scum hunting is still really important, but what's the likelihood that we'll get distracted and bogged down by mechanics garbagio?

Luckyowl: Can you muster the courage to fully engage with this game?

webadict: Evidently the flavor catalyst for this event was some sort of cult. Think we'll actually see a cult third party in this game?

TricMagic: Realistically, I was bound to run out of questions sooner or later. (It's also kinda late). So instead of me asking you a question, why don't you ask me a question instead?

So I can tell you that nobody visited Superdorf last night.

Oh, and if I survive today I'll probably be night killed for being a watcher, but since we win if we lynch Sarah Connor I'm willing to take those odds.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2021, 08:50:11 pm »

If I had to guess everything right now, I'd say Vector and Tric are Sarah and a minion (not sure which is which), and Secretdorf is part of a seducer group, either by himself or with another player or with recruitment.

Tric is notably eager to claim he got roleblocked. Almost seems like trying to establish an alibi.

But I don't feel like half-assing this, so let me see about an in-depth behavior case.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2021, 08:53:37 pm »

What is up with mafia using that tric? I'm the TricMagic around here.

And no, that's just facts I got blocked. Info is good, yeah?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2021, 08:54:53 pm »

Wait, hold up, what was Caz's wincon?

And no, that's just facts I got blocked. Info is good, yeah?
Immediately defensive. Did you get blocked, or did you perform the scumkill and claim block in order to distract from suspicion?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2021, 08:59:35 pm »

Superdorf (or anyone else), able to corroborate that?

Of all things to fakeclaim, watcher would be hard to fake as it would be easy to disprove (though... it might be worth it if it draws a town player into pre-emptively revealing they're a cop or something). I'm inclined to believe he has the ability though. Lucky has a theory that there'd be a human or converted-machine ally working with Sarah Connor so Fallacy could still be that if that's true.

Ultimately, while I think there are big questions over Fallacy's alignment, I don't really buy that Sarah Connor would make so bold a series of claims. As such, I don't think he's best fit for lynching.

Skynet, could a player ever use more than one action in a phase?

You tell me. Maybe to destroy all machines if he was really from the eco-party?

Tric, what do you think to Fallacy's claim then?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2021, 09:03:22 pm »

If you had been watching me, you would know that, wouldn't you? Why do you think it's defensive? (waves red flag_

If Mafia is ony comprised of Conner, they're likely to have some strong abilities. Your question is a good example. If one can both perform the mafiakill as well as an action from their role, it can allow them to find dangerous roles.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2021, 09:05:54 pm »

A watch action allows me to see what players visited a target. Unlike a track action, which lets me see which players a target visited.

So I don't see what me watching you would have to do with knowing you were role blocked or not. Not that that's even relevant, because I didn't watch you, I watched Superdorf, so what are you even saying?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 08, 2021, 09:06:27 pm »

EBWOP: To clarify, I only have the watch action. I do not possess a track action, and only mentioned it as part of my explanation to Tric.

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 08, 2021, 09:08:10 pm »

Yes.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 08, 2021, 09:10:24 pm »

Except he was only a 1-shot vigilante, so being an SK-equivalent wouldn't make much sense, would it? Maybe 'find and eliminate a specific target'? Pairing the flavor cop thing with a kill would allow for that.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2021, 09:14:34 pm »

Yes.
Nice, nice. So Fallacy genuinely being a watcher doesn't prove anything. Makes sense for game balance anyway: the typical way of running a one-woman scum team would be to give them the night kill + a suite of one-shots.

Except he was only a 1-shot vigilante, so being an SK-equivalent wouldn't make much sense, would it? Maybe 'find and eliminate a specific target'? Pairing the flavor cop thing with a kill would allow for that.
That's a reasonable point, would also explain why he didn't just shoot his shot first thing.

If anyone has any beef with the eco-party it's probably safe to claim it now.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2021, 09:28:35 pm »

New day, old squabbles!

I can tell you that nobody visited Superdorf last night.
Superdorf (or anyone else), able to corroborate that?

I received no word of a visitation last night.

If I had to guess everything right now, I'd say Vector and Tric are Sarah and a minion (not sure which is which)

Tric I can understand, given previous arguings. Why Vector?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 08, 2021, 09:59:22 pm »

I think its between FallacyofUrist, Vector and Webadict.

And I think everyone should claim if they've anything. I got nothing of the night. Especially, web and vector:
Claim.

NQT: Can I do anything to prove that I'm terminator-aligned? That was just me being dumb, reading whole flavor and thinking I was just a robot.

I don't think FallacyofUrist would claim all these things if he was Sarah. But I am still gotta be cautious about him.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26