Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]  (Read 20525 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Day 1 begins]
« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2021, 04:51:22 am »

And no, I'm not a hybrid. 100% machine. Just a little too well concealed.

Sounds like "infiltrator" to me :V

You wanna claim some other reason why you're doctored up to look like a meatbag?
Yeah, tell us that in flavor and don't make it up.
Because I had to kill John Connor and take his place, of course.

Isn't the whole point of Sarah Connor to make sure John Connor never exists? If there's no John Connor, Skynet should have already won and we wouldn't be here.

Yeah, mine are a little weird. I'll wait to claim until I hear anything from others.

I bitched to Skynet about how using humans as allies makes it just a metal-covered human and it sent asked if I was better than it and sent me on a mission to eliminate Sarah Connor. Rude.

Btw, I think using the flavour will confuse us more than not (though it might together tell a story). One of the big points of terminator time travel is that people are sent back from branching timelines. So coming back from completely different futures wouldn't mean that they're making it up.

Caz, for possibly giving a scum slip when they asked me if I was SC would I try to stay low and try to find allies. When we really don't know much of this set up to say something like that.

The scumteam likely includes 3 players. Sarah Conar(our true and only wincon as town),  a human, a possible other human or a rouge machine(But I think it's the latter as it would fit the terminator theme quite well.) I'm not sure if they know who are they allies though. But currently, I would throw in Caz, NQT, and FOU.

Ok Lucky. I think your own words speak for themselves. Though it's interesting how flustered you got from a simple question. A question you still didn't answer, btw. Usually you're full of words, so I wonder what could be different this game?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2021, 04:52:16 am »

I accidentally a word:  Isn't the whole point of killing Sarah Connor to make sure John Connor never exists? If there's no John Connor, Skynet should have already won and we wouldn't be here.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2021, 05:25:59 am »

Maybe, its stuff about alternate timelines. I have no idea. But unless Sarah Connor has been given fake flavor to aid in fake claiming, I was thinking we might be able to catch them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2021, 11:27:30 am »

OK. Unvote.

I guess we should take it as unsurprising if our corpses generally flip humanoid. I'm curious too as to whether anyone else has a serious discrepancy between their purported wincon and the goals laid out in your flavortext.
I do.

As of now, I think Sarah Connor is one of:
Luckyowl- Very suspicious
Vector - suspicious but let's see what he'll claim
Caz - Why are you enemy of Sarah Connor? Sarah Connor could be bar maid too, but let's see what they got to say.
Webadict - might be town, which is suspicious, as all games I've played with him, he's been scummy.

They still have to say why they seek Sarah Connor, so let's see what happens.
All I know is that I'm not Sarah Connor, and Vector probably isn't Sarah Connor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2021, 11:28:41 am »

Also, sorry for not posting much. I won't be posting much today either, but I'll try to fit something in a bit later.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2021, 12:24:40 pm »

Fallacy
So basically, my chassis is rocking some seriously advanced stealth/infiltration technology. Normally that'd be a good thing, but here, it's just going to add to the confusion, so I decided to claim it first post.
So you're still a cyborg?

Cryptography is whack, yo.
Rot13.com would have worked. Well you got the message eventually. You weren't the suspicious thing I thought you might be, so there's that.

Secretdorf
Anyone else who shows human on inspect?
And...
What is everyone doing here? I mean in this -what's it a,- a club? Like Caz is a barmaid. And I'm a businessman whose business is now ruined because of Sarah Connor.
Hold on what? I thought you said you were a terminator and now you're saying you're a businessman. So which is it?

Owl
FOU and NQT, because of the whole code language seems weird and yeah, they're going to say "anyone can break it", but still, if you were town you would be aiding us on hunting down or seducing her.
The whole point was just for me to make a claim about what I thought FOU was without either of being able to pretend that what the other person claimed was what we meant all along. Does that make sense?

Webadict
All I know is that I'm not Sarah Connor, and Vector probably isn't Sarah Connor.
What cleared Vector?

My wincon is at odds with some of the purpose in my setting, but there is a sort of sense to it.

Caz, the grammar was a bit off in the post in which you claim. Am I right in thinking you're saying you are a machine that hates humans and Skynet sent you on this mission as a punishment?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2021, 12:34:01 pm »

I was sent to stop the resistance, which I did so well with my gang that I became very rich by blackmailing and other crimes. This Tech Noir club is mine. Though, as a result of this violence, pro resistance police is going to raid this club and find all evidence about my doings. And its all because of SC.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2021, 12:46:29 pm »

Some facts about the players

I've been putting together a fact sheet for all the different elements people have claimed. As well as normal scum hunting etc, there's clearly a setting-puzzle element to this game, working out the different timelines and roles, so we don't jump to bad conclusions when something happens.

Derived from setting clues
One player is an eco party extremist who stationed the snipers [HUMAN?]
One player is Sarah Connor [HUMAN]
One player is likely to be a seducer from the techno-cult [MACHINE]
One player is likely to be the human Skynet betrayed, escaped from the future, a "hybrid" [HUMAN]

Derived from claims
I am none of the above- I'm a mothballed model T-600 [MACHINE]
Fallacy claims to be a machine that's very much like a human, but not an actually human hybrid-- a replacement for John Connor [HUMAN but actually MACHINE]
Secretdorf claims to be a deep cover terminator who owns the club and is a criminal and is now under unwanted heat. He also put forward the theory of two scum teams. [MACHINE]
Caz claims to be a (robotic?) bartender and (if I parsed their statement right) is staunchly anti-human [MACHINE]
Superdorf claims to be a Guardian for Skynet, a Skynet loyalist and messenger  [MACHINE]
Vector & Wuba claim that their flavour and wincons don't line up but haven't said anything else about their machine/human status
Luckyowl hasn't made any claims except that he believes there's a 3-player scum team
TricMagic hasn't made a claim but is keen to point out that there can be town-aligned humans

Conclusions
So to sum, there are the four roles left unfilled (including Sarah Connor), and four players that haven't made a claim:

LuckyOwl
Vector
webadict
TricMagic

It seems to me that Sarah Connor is probably in this four, but also, that there is likely one or two humans here to account for the unclaimed betrayed human and eco-party extremist (the latter might actually be a machine).

One further thing stood out for me, Vector, you claimed that your wincon involved getting rid of any resistance. Mine is just to get rid of Sarah Connor. What do you know that the rest of us don't?

LuckyOwl, why would you think there's a three-player scum team when our goal is to kill one person?

Owl,Vector,Tric, webadict, do you want to claim any of the four unclaimed roles implied by the setting?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2021, 12:58:22 pm »

NQT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Caz claimed about resistance too.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2021, 12:59:28 pm »

To note, T-800. Ended up abandoning my posts when the humans took over, came back in time after infiltration into NORAD and finding out about Conner. Change the past and I'll have no reason to desert.

I was a pretty great infiltrator unit, better than T-700, but I'm expensive(among other faults), so guard duty it was. I'm a Machine.

I'd put Secretorf and Fallacy as a likely team. I'm also more leaning neutral reads on web, and vector is towny-ish. I'm more concerned about you right now though.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2021, 01:22:18 pm »

From what Secret just said, I think we might be dealing with variant town wincons here, so I'm going to unvote for now. It seems there are players who want to kill Sarah specifically (each with a different reason) and ones who want to kill all resistance members... which implies there are (human? machine?) resistance players as well I guess (which makes sense given there's 9 of us, though some games have worked with one really suped up hard to defeat enemy or cult).

As the OP says, every agent player seems to have a different incentive for killing Sarah Connor, so Tric's claim checks out as far as that goes.

Tric, if you're an improved cyborg, better than T-7000, will you flip human on death? Do you think Fallacy is a more advanced unit than you from what he says?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2021, 01:41:51 pm »

...Why do you think this? I swear you guys give me constant 'creepy twin' vibes when you play mafia.

Caz, the grammar was a bit off in the post in which you claim. Am I right in thinking you're saying you are a machine that hates humans and Skynet sent you on this mission as a punishment?

Yeah I can't type sentences. I don't know if it was a punishment, my character thinks they are being tested by skynet and if I succeed in eliminating SC then maybe it will listen to my opinions. Which seems very optimistic to me but there you go. :P

From what Secret just said, I think we might be dealing with variant town wincons here, so I'm going to unvote for now. It seems there are players who want to kill Sarah specifically (each with a different reason) and ones who want to kill all resistance members... which implies there are (human? machine?) resistance players as well I guess (which makes sense given there's 9 of us, though some games have worked with one really suped up hard to defeat enemy or cult).

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. We should probably declare our wincons. I want to hear from the people that haven't claimed any flavour at all yet first though.

Hi LuckyOwl. Are you going to answer the questions asked to you? My question and about the flavour, pony up already.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2021, 01:43:18 pm »

Why the extra zero?

All I know is that I'm a T-800 model infiltrator unit. And better than the 700 series.

.. Wouldn't a Hybrid be able to pass as human. But apparently those aren't trustworthy? Honestly I don't trust a claim he'd investigate as human, as that really doesn't tell an alignment on it's own.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2021, 01:50:44 pm »

Why the extra zero?

All I know is that I'm a T-800 model infiltrator unit. And better than the 700 series.

.. Wouldn't a Hybrid be able to pass as human. But apparently those aren't trustworthy? Honestly I don't trust a claim he'd investigate as human, as that really doesn't tell an alignment on it's own.

Do you think that Sarah Connor will investigate as human at least? I agree that we probably can't tell alignment solely from human/machine, but I'm pretty sure Sarah Connor is a human.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2021, 01:57:17 pm »

Bleh... unvote. I need to take another look at things.

Re: Luckyowl. Three-person scum team doesn't make much sense if we just have to "neutralize" the one person... if it's one person and associates, though, things get a little more interesting. I'm thinking three-person scum team is just a guess on his part, but... well. Lucky, care to elaborate?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26