Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]  (Read 20475 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Day 1 begins]
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2021, 10:44:38 pm »

I am more than willing to end the day. Luckyowl. As is we have a decent amount of info for day 2. Barring Vector, but another 36 hours won't change that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2021, 10:48:43 pm »

Webadict : Claim your flavor, please.
Uh... Jesus which part?!

I'm, in actuality, a T-700. NQT's flavorclaim cryptogram actually references my flavor, saying that hybrids can't be trusted even though Skynet used them to infiltrate humans. Steadily rendered useless. Cheap and expendable, which is good because I'm a soldier in the war against humans. We all come with a copy of Skynet onboard so we can make decisions faster and progress towards Skynet's goal, and as a result, I gained a bunch of Skynet's personalities.

When resistance attacked NORAD and killed Skynet (or something), I stole a time machine and went back in time because I literally need to fight humans. Apparently, Sarah Connor used to party at this establishment, so I must neutralize Sarah Connor. The Eco Party snipers were a surprise, but not really my concern because, and my flavortext can't stress this enough, I used to be a soldier, and that's sort of a thing that I need to have a purpose in life.

I skipped some details, but that's the gist.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2021, 10:52:45 pm »

I hope we get to see everyone's role PMs and whatnot at game's end, there's some interesting stuff in there.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2021, 10:54:37 pm »

Mamobo's favorite animal is a mon***!

Vote Count
------------------------
Caz - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
LuckyOwl - 4 - Vector*, Caz*, Secretdorf*, TricMagic*,
notquitehere - 0 -
Secretdorf - 1 - FallacyofUrist*,
Superdorf - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
webadict - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 4 - LuckyOwl, webadict*, Superdorf*, notquitehere,

5 to Hammer.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2021, 10:56:16 pm »

Are we lynching Luckyowl? Is that what we're doing?

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2021, 11:01:01 pm »

Is something wrong...
Yeah, I made a mod error with the Official Votecount. Let me recalculate the votecount again, and repost it.

Mamobo is around, ask webadict. Who better than a machine to count the votes made by machines.
Yeah, I think Mamobo would probably be better suited to doing this votecount business than me. I sent a PM to webadict - and Mamobo's post is here.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2021, 11:02:54 pm »

Yeah, I think Mamobo would probably be better suited to doing this votecount business than me. I sent a PM to webadict - and Mamobo's post is here.

Nice, thanks gents!

Are we lynching Luckyowl? Is that what we're doing?

It's kind of a policy lynch as things stand, but maybe a useful one. Do we want to wait for Day's end first, or...?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2021, 11:03:56 pm »

Some facts about the players

I've been putting together a fact sheet for all the different elements people have claimed. As well as normal scum hunting etc, there's clearly a setting-puzzle element to this game, working out the different timelines and roles, so we don't jump to bad conclusions when something happens.

Derived from setting clues
One player is an eco party extremist who stationed the snipers [HUMAN?]
One player is Sarah Connor [HUMAN]
One player is likely to be a seducer from the techno-cult [MACHINE]
One player is likely to be the human Skynet betrayed, escaped from the future, a "hybrid" [HUMAN]

Derived from claims
I am none of the above- I'm a mothballed model T-600 [MACHINE]
Fallacy claims to be a machine that's very much like a human, but not an actually human hybrid-- a replacement for John Connor [HUMAN but actually MACHINE]
Secretdorf claims to be a deep cover terminator who owns the club and is a criminal and is now under unwanted heat. He also put forward the theory of two scum teams. [MACHINE]
Caz claims to be a (robotic?) bartender and (if I parsed their statement right) is staunchly anti-human [MACHINE]
Superdorf claims to be a Guardian for Skynet, a Skynet loyalist and messenger  [MACHINE]
Vector & Wuba claim that their flavour and wincons don't line up but haven't said anything else about their machine/human status
Luckyowl hasn't made any claims except that he believes there's a 3-player scum team
TricMagic hasn't made a claim but is keen to point out that there can be town-aligned humans

Conclusions
So to sum, there are the four roles left unfilled (including Sarah Connor), and four players that haven't made a claim:

LuckyOwl
Vector
webadict
TricMagic

It seems to me that Sarah Connor is probably in this four, but also, that there is likely one or two humans here to account for the unclaimed betrayed human and eco-party extremist (the latter might actually be a machine).

One further thing stood out for me, Vector, you claimed that your wincon involved getting rid of any resistance. Mine is just to get rid of Sarah Connor. What do you know that the rest of us don't?

LuckyOwl, why would you think there's a three-player scum team when our goal is to kill one person?

Owl,Vector,Tric, webadict, do you want to claim any of the four unclaimed roles implied by the setting?
I really don't think it's Vector, because I was fucking with them through PMs. It seemed like a fun pastime.

Why the extra zero?

All I know is that I'm a T-800 model infiltrator unit. And better than the 700 series.
:(

Sorry guys. Kind of a busy day for me.

PPE:
It's kind of a policy lynch as things stand, but maybe a useful one. Do we want to wait for Day's end first, or...?
... Luckyowl. Yeah, I'm in.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2021, 11:08:55 pm »

And with that I'm off to bed way to late. Night to all, see you in the morning.

Looks like the owl's luck...

Has run out.
  8)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2021, 11:09:50 pm »

(Sorry luckyowl, had to say it. Lack of sleep is sillytric)

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2021, 11:16:57 pm »

Under "Democratic Murder", you're supposed to wait until you get a majority of the vote before you terminate the citizen.

You're supposed to, at least.

But there has been instances of certain people becoming very persuasive, able to convince people to go against tradition. And so the mob roared into action, terminating LuckyOwl before webadict was able to officially cast the Hammering vote.

It was a minor technicality at best though, as webadict would have casted the Hammering vote anyway. But it was a detail worth noting.

After LuckyOwl's death, the group looted a medkit off the corpse of the dead doctor, began some medical examinations. After a few minutes of testing, it became abundantly clear that LuckyOwl appears to be an anti-Terminator Terminator, as he had claimed.

However, before you can do any further actions, all the lights in the Tech Noir shuts down.

LuckyOwl has been terminated.

Player Name: Luckyowl. Role Name: T-X, Vanilla Townie. Terminator-Aligned.

Current Time: Monday Feb. 8th, 4:10 AM GMT
Deadline For Night 1 Actions: Tuesday, Feb. 9th 4:10 AM GMT

It is now Night 1. If you have the ability to act at night, please send in your night actions so they can be processed as soon as possible. If all night actions are sent in before the deadline, then we can move onto the next day.

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Night 1]
« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2021, 07:56:55 pm »

The lights turns back on in the Tech Noir, as suddenly as it had shut down. You also begin to hear the beginnings of a pitched battle between the Eco Party snipers and the police that has been called in to investigate the slaughter.

This pitched battle has extended even to the power lines that connect Tech Noir to the local energy grid. Oddly, it seems that the police are the ones trying to cut the power to the club, while the Eco Party snipers are the ones trying to keep the lights on.

As long as the pitched battle continues, electricity will periodically be disrupted in the area. A mere obstacle to work around, I'm sure.

The group reconvenes and does a roll call to see if everyone is present. Everyone reports alive except for one person...Caz. The group does a quick search, and was able to find Caz's corpse in the bartender's backroom that TricMagic discovered.

After locating Caz's body, the group began medical examinations. The exams revealed that Caz appears to be a human being, who was shot in the back of the head by a plasma rifle. A brief search of Caz's pockets reveal Eco Party propaganda, and a radio that could be used to communicate with the Eco Party snipers outside. The Eco Party propaganda all appear to be written by a single person - Ron Labane.

Caz was killed by a plasma rifle.

Player Name: Caz. Role Name: Ron Labane, One-Shot Vigilante/Flavor Cop. "Eco Party"-Aligned.

Day 2 started on:  Tuesday, Feb. 9th 12:57 AM GMT
Day 2's Deadline:  Friday, Feb. 12th 12:57 AM GMT

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Day 2]
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2021, 08:14:22 pm »

To note, I got stunbombed last night. Am I destined for another game of not doing anything?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2021, 08:18:05 pm »

Still think Secretdorf is worth voting for, for the moment, but it's likely that'll change sooner or later. My own night was uneventful.

Looks like I was right to not vote Luckyowl - looks like standard communications difficulty more than malevolence, provided that's not a false roleflip or whatever.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2021, 08:29:47 pm »

Still more likely to think it's you FallacyofUrist. What did you do last night?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26