Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39584 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 2: The Game's Second Day (10 / 12)
« Reply #510 on: January 27, 2021, 02:04:10 am »

Toonyman, only one person died tonight. If there was an SK why would they hold back, and how do you justify your mason claim?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #511 on: January 27, 2021, 02:20:12 am »

Juicebox stop hiding. Your scumbuddy NQT and Hector helped you to live another day. But you won't be escaping day 2. Start talking.

Anyways. The Caz lynch is honestly weird. 7 voted Caz. Vector flip town. Now 6. ToonyMan is town in my eyes for now. 5. Web spend his night action on me and Web to see what we were doing. 4. SD is survivor. 3. That leaves NQT, Juicebox, and Hector13 as suspects.

So I think a possible scum team can be:

-Hector13
-Juicebox
-NQT

An alternative
-Juicebox
-NQT
-Toaster

I only lightly suspect Toaster, because it remind me what Jim did in BYOR 15 when ToonyMan was about to get lynch. The only difference is that Toaster looked more Town unlike Jim.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 27, 2021, 03:12:56 am »

Web spend his night action on me and Web to see what we were doing.
Somebody gave me a hotdog...
Web, can you hit multiple targets? Was the hotdog you?
Luckyowl, care to reiterate a bit on what you mean with this?

7 ... Now 6. ... 5. ... 4. ... 3.
Everyone hit the deck!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 27, 2021, 03:18:01 am »

The part I was sure about yesterday was we were heading for a town-lynch with webadict being the only target. I wanted to avoid that because I recognised that structure. As I said at the time, it was the same pattern as the Toony lynch in BYOR15. The bit I was weaker on was who was the best target to switch over to.

I take full responsibility for building up the Caz wagon, being the 3rd on it. After wuba's prompting, I thought Caz was a good pick. But my analysis was bad.

Why was my analysis bad? Well, as players who've played with me before know, I take an analytical approach to mafia but I don't have a single technique. Because clever scum players can just tailor their style to what they know I'm looking for (a scum!4maskwolf explicitly did this in at least one game I played) I have to do two things:
- Not telegraph what approaches I'm using ahead of time
- Develop new techniques

The trouble with developing new techniques is that they can fail. It turns out town players who post a lot of low-info posts can very well be town.

One of my tried-and-tested methods is looking for the top poster, and that was in fact Wuba yesterday. The top poster, as a long-range study of past games has shown, is almost never scum: the reason being is that the person most invested in the game is rarely the person trying to hide themselves.

I think it's clear that 6-poster Juicebox is a good candidate for lynch today, especially as they seemed to have performed a rarely-seen-in-the-wild scumslip with their "chat" reference. I think we should also be wary of thinking we have the game down pat and under-exploring the options. Some possibilities:

- One of the mason teams is just straight up an SK, mafia, or half-SK team.  We know Vector had a protect and jailkeep, so the lack of two kills last night isn't that extraordinary. Shadow immediately foreclosing that possibility in their first post of the day is a bit eyebrow raising.
- There's a two-person mafia team + mafia ally. One of the early claimers may well be the ally hoping to soak up attention. There were various accusations of jestering on D1, but mafia-ally is the only thing close to that in this game.

5. Web spend his night action on me and Web to see what we were doing.
Somebody gave me a hotdog.
Webadict, are these claims both true?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 27, 2021, 03:22:08 am »

LuckyOwl
Anyways. The Caz lynch is honestly weird. 7 voted Caz. Vector flip town. Now 6. ToonyMan is town in my eyes for now. 5. Web spend his night action on me and Web to see what we were doing. 4. SD is survivor. 3. That leaves NQT, Juicebox, and Hector13 as suspects.
Did you deliberately forgot about the existence of TricMagic?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 27, 2021, 04:27:07 am »

Ok, I was expecting Caz to be SK, good news is I inspected Juicebox, they're mafia. But we gotta find the SK too as their goal is opposite to mine.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 27, 2021, 04:30:08 am »

Did anybody with an inspect hit another 3rd party?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 27, 2021, 04:36:45 am »

Who killed Vector, mafia or SK?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 1: Beginning of the Death Game (12 / 12)
« Reply #518 on: January 27, 2021, 05:01:56 am »

Who killed Vector, mafia or SK?
It's kind of WIFOMy but I don't really see why the mafia would kill Vector as a lot of people suspected her throughout D1 and there are four mason claims in the game. Whereas SK's have an incentive to NK anyone that might investigate them. This is who was in the anti-Vector camp by day's end yesterday:
Vector - 2 - TricMagic*, SHAD0Wdump

Ok, I was expecting Caz to be SK, good news is I inspected Juicebox, they're mafia.
Well that's convenient.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 27, 2021, 05:12:28 am »

Yeah, that's convenient but I'm out of night actions. If SK killed Vector, did mafia miss?
Is web confirmed town?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 27, 2021, 05:25:49 am »

Yeah, that's convenient but I'm out of night actions. If SK killed Vector, did mafia miss?
Is web confirmed town?
Vector had both a jailkeep and a protect, so it's likely they protected one of the masons, assuming that the masons aren't a super-bold mafiateam (unlikely).

Webadict isn't confirmed at all, I just think that structurally the vote pattern from D1 makes him not-mafia, especially as he had the highest post count. I really don't see a mafia-wuba; I would kick myself if we saw a mafia-ally or SK wuba.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 27, 2021, 05:46:57 am »

I think the scumteam is:
- Juicebox
- Hector13
- Luckyowl

I have a town read on Luckyowl, but his scumreads seem scummy, or rather faulty, as on his alternative scumlist, Toaster is there but shadowdump isn't and I think NQT is town.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 27, 2021, 05:57:42 am »

Toonyman, only one person died tonight. If there was an SK why would they hold back, and how do you justify your mason claim?
Why would they fakeclaim that, if the presence of SK was not confirmed in the first place? I think it might just be NQT's theory.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 27, 2021, 07:29:09 am »

Web spend his night action on me and Web to see what we were doing.
Somebody gave me a hotdog...
Web, can you hit multiple targets? Was the hotdog you?
Yes and yes. Anyone else wanna claim their Hotdog?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 27, 2021, 07:49:54 am »

Also I am sad Vector died, but the ability that Vector has showing QTs kinda confirms the two sets of Masons. But, that does put NQT down a few pegs on the Town reads as well as TricMagic.

(Also, the claiming any QTs now makes a lot of sense. Sorry for being wrong, Vector.)

Ugh, I blame myself for not going harder after juicebox. But, Caz, for future reference, please claim in the future. You literally would not have gotten lynched. If you're afraid you're gonna die, then you're kneecapping yourself and Town. Being a Doctor is NOT a good reason not to claim, especially in a role-heavy setup.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57