Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39679 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 1: Beginning of the Death Game (12 / 12)
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2021, 11:17:48 pm »

Oh my granola... Here we go again...

You may think you can pressure people without a vote, I prefer to put my money where my mouth is.
Then why didn't you leave it there on Webadict?

I looked this up online and it seems like Clown is a mafia-aligned role. As town, there is no good reason whatsoever for you to make this throwaway, fake-pressure comment without a vote attached.
It... is? I suppose that actually shows role-related information from me, because I couldn't find my role on any list, nor could I find any sort of Clown-related role in my search. I assumed that a Clown was just a custom rolename, like mine was. I suppose that's what I get for assuming, eh?
Ok seriously. What. The. Flying. Spork is this? Where did you even get the clown idea in the first place? I want a proper source here.

I feel like your baiting us with this bull.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2021, 11:20:38 pm »

Or do you see yourself as an impregnable fortress of the mafia subforum with all that experience?
Yes, finally someone gets it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 23, 2021, 11:22:52 pm »

Webadict said I was breadcrumbing clown.

Also, I’m not voting webadict because I think webadict’s town.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 23, 2021, 11:25:32 pm »

o____o

Can you elaborate why that tells you he's town?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2021, 11:27:36 pm »

You and Toaster were getting in my grille about how I was posting, webadict is aware what I was doing was not serious, he stopped me doing it, and in so doing the two of you wasting your time on something that was NAI.

If he was scum he would’ve let that carry on.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 23, 2021, 11:28:34 pm »

Note, this is subject to change, but for the moment I’m cool with it.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2021, 11:31:01 pm »

riiight. Sure.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 23, 2021, 11:41:02 pm »

riiight. Sure.

Okay.

Webadict has played games with me before, and thus knows that - when I apply myself - I can be useful.

Consequently, noting I was pissing around and that my pissing around was receiving attention, he got me to stop. Unkindly, but whatever I got over it.

Within this context, could you explain to me how scum!webadict and his scum buddies would benefit more from me taking the game seriously and thus not distracting the town at large, versus the town at large having to deal with my flouncing around pointlessly?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 23, 2021, 11:48:02 pm »

Unvote
I think luckyowl is town, shad0w might also be. I'll vote someone later.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2021, 11:52:18 pm »

What makes you think each of them are town?

Do you have thoughts on who might be scum?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2021, 11:53:50 pm »

I cannot believe that Hector's post ha given me pause but... It has.

So I realize a problem. For his argument to be wrong, we are looking at one of the following scenarios.

-Hector and Webadict are both mafia: Possible but unlikely on the principle that I don't strongly believe two out of the mafia team are going to be spouting this much nonsense and gathering attention to themselves. I'm still partly willing to believe Hector went ham and Webadict tried to pull him back with this, but the way it was done has me feeling like he wouldn't be stupid enough to actually fall into this.
 Toony's observation that the scum are mostly lurking has kinda hit home with me.

-Web is mafia: Possible, but again messy on his part. Hector's belief Web would just let the madness proceed is honestly sound logic here.

-hector is mafia: Web helping makes sense. But the passive behavior remains unaddressed, like in pretty much all scenarios.

-Both are town: I'm lost in this scenario because this shitstorm is... Absurdly confusing. Web again makes sense, and hector is just attracting attention, and I'm here feeling like I wasted my time. The worst part is I'm starting to see this as more and more likely.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2021, 11:59:32 pm »

riiight. Sure.

Okay.

Webadict has played games with me before, and thus knows that - when I apply myself - I can be useful.

Consequently, noting I was pissing around and that my pissing around was receiving attention, he got me to stop. Unkindly, but whatever I got over it.

Within this context, could you explain to me how scum!webadict and his scum buddies would benefit more from me taking the game seriously and thus not distracting the town at large, versus the town at large having to deal with my flouncing around pointlessly?

Scum! Web would benefit with you floundering about. But don't you think Web would rather have your trust? If you're Town Hector, you should look back at VM 13 and see how Web tried to push ToonyMan as town. A scum! Web don't care how much of a threat you can be. Just as long he can hide under your nose and gain your trust. Be careful with this logic. Hector.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 24, 2021, 12:07:41 am »

@SHAD0Wdump: Time spent on ascertaining alignment isn’t wasted. Finding town is just as useful as finding scum. The fact you’re here and making an effort also makes it easier for other people to read you going forward. /pep talk, totally not buddying

I think webadict is being passive (I assume that’s what you meant as being unaddressed in all scenarios) because reading Vector will take some effort from him, and is saving it for that.

Though I fully admit this is me rationalizing my town read with his behaviour.

PPE:@Luckyowl: I read webadict as town for now. There’s a lot of game left for that to change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 24, 2021, 01:29:28 am »

I looked this up online and it seems like Clown is a mafia-aligned role. As town, there is no good reason whatsoever for you to make this throwaway, fake-pressure comment without a vote attached.
It... is? I suppose that actually shows role-related information from me, because I couldn't find my role on any list, nor could I find any sort of Clown-related role in my search. I assumed that a Clown was just a custom rolename, like mine was. I suppose that's what I get for assuming, eh?

Un-FOS. This makes sense.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 24, 2021, 01:32:51 am »

What makes you think each of them are town?

Do you have thoughts on who might be scum?
I think Luckyowl is being honest in his posts, which makes me think he's town. Shad0w seems like he's really trying to solve the game. As for scum:

Tricmagic: He's claimed miller which I think is a fakeclaim and also after getting town reads from some players for that, he's been lurking. Only coming to join my wagon doing nothing to solve the game. How can we even believe his claim, If we can't waste a lynch on him and he isn't doing much to prove he's town, unless there's a vigilante out there?

Juicebox: Solid example of effective lurking.

Webadict: He's null in my reads but I'm getting increasingly paranoid that he's making scummy webs to buddy many people at once.

NQT and Toaster: Null :(

Vector: I think his reasoning so far comes from town. To answer his question as how I knew that there are more than 1 investigative roles, that was a guess based upon the fact that there's no vanilla townie in this game, so that only makes sense.

Caz: Dunno why but whenever I think of him, I get a mafia ally read. However, that is just guts no solid reasons here.

Hector13: Jester-read but as there are no jesters in this game and also he's been trying to hunt scum lately, I'd say soft town read.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 57