Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39796 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 1: Beginning of the Death Game (12 / 12)
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2021, 02:57:56 pm »

Ok allow me to highlight the relevant bits.

I like my role at a 10 because I got to make a silly joke that everyone will have forgotten about by the time FoU posts the endgame stuff. Well, I guess you could lynch me on D1 too, but I’m too uh... valuable to kill. I provide levity and humour! I won’t find scum but I might make you smile one time maybe over the course of the game!
Not sure if the stars part was actually relevant but I included it at first since it seemed suspicious to me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2021, 03:07:13 pm »

Ok allow me to highlight the relevant bits.

I like my role at a 10 because I got to make a silly joke that everyone will have forgotten about by the time FoU posts the endgame stuff. Well, I guess you could lynch me on D1 too, but I’m too uh... valuable to kill. I provide levity and humour! I won’t find scum but I might make you smile one time maybe over the course of the game!
Not sure if the stars part was actually relevant but I included it at first since it seemed suspicious to me.
That's because he's breadcrumbing as a Clown. That's not rolefishing, though.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2021, 03:14:17 pm »

Wait, what's a clown? I tried looking it up but that wiki-link doesn't have it on the role list.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2021, 03:15:47 pm »

PFP

I’m attempting to play the game differently than I used to. Taking things with a lighter feeling rather than getting frustrated at not having massively detailed reads on absolutely everyone at all times.

The stars part is literally the only part that was hinting at my role, and it wasn’t even hinting that hard at my role.

However, I like that you’re getting into things to that extent. Less so you’re more interested in suggestion and innuendo rather than my lack of scumhunting.

PPE: I’m not breadcrumbing, lest we get distracted by reading more into what I’m saying than is actually there.

BECAUSE WHEN I LIFT THE CURTAIN... THERE’S MORE CURTAIN. /literal nonsense
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2021, 03:39:49 pm »

Caz, I'll save you some trouble. Though you were probably just joking, there are no jester type alignments.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2021, 03:47:07 pm »

Juicebox:
Toaster: How much impact do you think mechanics will have on this game compared to the daygame?

I'll say... less.  Probably.  I don't think the game will be solvable at night, certainly.

TricMagic:
Honestly same can be said on my end. That said luckyowl is still a valid lynch, falling back onto jokes and luck to live.

Yeah, I'm gonna need a totally original from you reasoning why Luckyowl is a valid lynch right now.

Secretdorf:
Secretdorf:Wait, what's with this gang rolefishing?  I mean, you can see my answer above, I'll give it, but this is "fish"y.

I somehow skimmed past this. Yes wtf is with the obvious fishing for power roles?
OK don't answer it, I didn't realize that, I just wanted to see people's response.

And did those responses yield anything of value?

Luckyowl is something like losing hope because there's a bandwagon on you. As he is not even defending, scum are jumping on him. Luckyowl is a valid lynch target though, but I'm trying to get something out of other people too(which I probably am not doing effectively). I'm not saying we 'must not' lynch him but I think it might just benefit mafia by giving them free kill.
If scum is jumping on Luckyowl, then why aren't you voting for one of those voting for Luckyowl?
Because I don't know which one is mafia as some players claim revenge on him. Everything is really confusing but it will get clearer.

What are you doing to clear up who is who?

Caz:
Ha! Third-party is alignment so I can’t be accused of role-fishing.
Ok, what is this crap? This is a clear third party claim in my eyes and it sounds to me like you are hinting it to be a jester-like role?

hector13: How is such a claim not indicative of scum posing as jester and why do you think it's a good idea to present this 'mini-game' of figuring out your hints when that will just distract town from hunting mafia?

Uhm, I think he was clarifying that he was alignment fishing, not rolefishing. He's not actually claiming to be a third party as far as I can tell.

Why are you answering for Hector?

Speaking of Hector, I see you drawing attention onto yourself.  Who are you drawing it away from?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2021, 03:52:26 pm »

I am literally telling people not to read as much into what I’m saying as they appear to be, because I’ve hidden nothing (except one tiny nugget of a hint at something that doesn’t mean anything), how is that trying to draw attention to myself?

The only thing I’ve said of consequence is that I think Tric is town, and I’ll add to it that I currently think Secretdorf is more likely than not scum, and SHADOWDump might be town.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2021, 03:56:25 pm »

Caz, I'll save you some trouble. Though you were probably just joking, there are no jester type alignments.

Ah, got it. I took Secretdorf's post to mean he thought Tric was fool claiming miller to get lynched. But I probably misread it. I didn't really pick on the discontinuity because I didn't think Tric was a fool anyway. Minds be weird yo.

Why are you answering for Hector?

Cause it seemed like they made a conclusion based on misreading a post.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2: TICK TOCK (12 / 12)
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2021, 04:15:19 pm »

Tric
I mean, I am a Miller. Again. Also yes Luckyowl.
Did you always plan on revealing this or did something in the thread make you think you had to?

Vector, do you think LuckyOwl can be trusted to lead the town at LYLO?

Planning mean I actually thought about it for more than a minute NQT. I didn't. I'd also note I quoted a post from before official game start, so I didn't even see the thread after it started, and read the rest afterward.

Toaster, why do I need a reason to vote luckyowl?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2021, 04:43:11 pm »

How do you figure?

And I'll express my disappointment at how Webadict pretty much disarmed my questions toward hector.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 23, 2021, 04:46:48 pm »

There was nothing in your questions to hector because hector wasn’t doing what you thought he was doing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2021, 04:48:10 pm »

There was nothing in your questions to hector because hector wasn’t doing what you thought he was doing.
Just because you weren't rolefishing doesn't mean you're not playing in an annoying way.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2021, 04:58:24 pm »

Just because you weren't rolefishing doesn't mean you're not playing in an annoying way.
Sounds like a problem for people who are not me.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2021, 05:02:22 pm »

Alright hector, if the stars portion of your post was the only thing at all hinting at your role, what was your purpose with teasing everyone with 'too valuable to kill' and similar nonsense?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 23, 2021, 05:12:13 pm »

Okay, so hector13 has identified themself as completely useless. We can all carry on about our Day while literally ignoring them.

I'd FoS them, but I don't really care about players that think their antics are funny but ultimately accomplish nothing. If you want antics, get to the point and stop wasting my time. Or make them fun to read. Right now, all you're doing is flaunting an empty glass box. It better having fucking smoke and mirrors inside of it.

And before you tell me Mafia is srs bzns, the point is that you're detracting from the conversation and basically activelurking. It's a stupid thing to do as Town, and a lazy way to play as Mafia.

Is your endgoal to get everyone to waste their Night actions on you? Is your endgoal to get lazy people to vote you, so you can waste a majority of the day trying to get people to stop voting you? Is your endgoal to create memes for teh lulz? Do we need to drumroll you in before you reveal the mediocre surprise?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57