Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39800 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 1: Beginning of the Death Game (12 / 12)
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2021, 09:51:53 am »

As I said he needs to die at some point because he claimed Miller, ideally via a kill action because otherwise we need to waste a lynch on him, so it's kind of a crap thing to fakeclaim.
Yeah, but why? Why does Tric need to die?

So we don't have their number. We have 12 players. Do you think it's safe to assume there's 4 scum? Could there possibly 2 for extra paranoia?
Luckyowl, who do we lynch if we don't lynch you? That's the only question you should be answering. Every other question is useless.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2: TICK TOCK (12 / 12)
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2021, 09:53:19 am »

Don't worry hector. It's gonna be a... webadict, Vector, hector13 scumteam according to the randomizer.

Blech, maybe I'll reroll that.

It's gonna be Toaster, webadict, Vector... Oh no, someone hit reroll.

Third times the charm: Vector, SHAD0Wdump, TricMagic.

Sorry, Vector. You're gonna be scum for sure. Three time can't be coincidence, and science proves that.

Mafia obviously know their number. But us townies. Don't know. So I'll ask this to Webadict.

Webadict:: Why are giving off numbers when we recently learned we're not aware of the number of scum members?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2021, 09:55:47 am »

So we don't have their number. We have 12 players. Do you think it's safe to assume there's 4 scum? Could there possibly 2 for extra paranoia?
3 if there's third party, otherwise I'll say 4.

Don't worry hector. It's gonna be a... webadict, Vector, hector13 scumteam according to the randomizer.

Blech, maybe I'll reroll that.

It's gonna be Toaster, webadict, Vector... Oh no, someone hit reroll.

Third times the charm: Vector, SHAD0Wdump, TricMagic.

Sorry, Vector. You're gonna be scum for sure. Three time can't be coincidence, and science proves that.

Mafia obviously know their number. But us townies. Don't know. So I'll ask this to Webadict.

Webadict:: Why are giving off numbers when we recently learned we're not aware of the number of scum members?
Good point as I think web had already recieved his role PM by that time. Webadict

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2021, 09:55:50 am »

TricMagic: You always act scummy and I expect emotional slips from you the most.

Everyone: So how many of you want to lynch me?

I mean, I am a Miller. Again. Also yes Luckyowl.
Tricmagic: You just scumclaimed. Do you think there are fools here?(there always are.)
There is nothing wrong with lynching LuckyOwl but Sudden D1 end is not good for town(though there are more than 1 investigative role in this game so night game might fill D1).
It would be foolish to keep to my chest and get the cop investigating me. That's a waste of an action and will get me lynched to boot. So long as at least 1 mafia hasn't been lynched however I'm safe. But go ahead and try to build a wagon on me, I want to see who hops on it.
Well I might be forgetting that there's no vanilla townie here, so miller is possible indeed. I was just saying it was a good way to be scum and say I claim miller. I'd like some other players' opinion here as hector and tric could be scum.

Claiming miller at the start of the game when you're scum is really gambity. I'd put it way down there in probabilities.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2021, 09:58:02 am »

Anyone want to break the bad news to Secretdorf, or should I?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2021, 10:06:50 am »

Weird, my scumchat only has 2 participants.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2021, 10:19:18 am »

If you're going to give me flak for keeping how I really feel about the game. Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to do the same thing? SD is new to this forum and saying things like that. Might make SD feel like he done something wrong but with no feedback to make him better it'll make him feel worse. Of course I'm only projecting how I would feel and only assume this is what SD feel. For all I know he probably don't care. Still, if you think SD did something wrong then tell him. That's the expected responsibility I expect from a veteran like you.

Weird, my scumchat only has 2 participants.

I'm gonna do a coin flip to see if I should vote you or not.  ;D. (Ah shit, falling back to bad habits. Again.)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2021, 10:27:38 am »

As I said he needs to die at some point because he claimed Miller, ideally via a kill action because otherwise we need to waste a lynch on him, so it's kind of a crap thing to fakeclaim.
Yeah, but why? Why does Tric need to die?

Alright, alright, I'm picking up what you're putting down: Tric doesn't necessarily have to die, but purely for forum meta reasons it has to be on the table.

I'd like some other players' opinion here as hector and tric could be scum.

We might be, but you need to ascertain that by pressuring one or both of us.

Tric has done a townie thing by claiming Miller in their first post though so really you need to pressure me.

Vote me, I dare you.

;)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2021, 10:55:45 am »

Sorry guys, I have to be precocious for our newbie players, here. I apologize for this long post:

If you're going to give me flak for keeping how I really feel about the game. Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to do the same thing? SD is new to this forum and saying things like that. Might make SD feel like he done something wrong but with no feedback to make him better it'll make him feel worse. Of course I'm only projecting how I would feel and only assume this is what SD feel. For all I know he probably don't care. Still, if you think SD did something wrong then tell him. That's the expected responsibility I expect from a veteran like you.
I like to give opportunities to Townies to prove themselves by pointing out the flaw in both your and Secretdorf's logic/playstyle. I would never leave you guys hanging on the particulars, though. That would indeed be a failing on my part as a veteran.

First, let's start with the obvious counter:
The role sending is in progress.
This is more than two hours after I made that post. That's the easiest, and most obvious, counter to your logic.

But, here's the problem where it gets more insidious on why it's bad news for Secretdorf (and Luckyowl, by proxy): How do you know that I know the number of Mafia? This is where it gets WIFOMy, but points more towards the both of you being Mafia than towards me being Mafia. See, I have a good reason for knowing the number of Mafia: I've run more games than the both of you have played, combined. If I were to run this game, I'd have three Mafia. Thus, my intuitive guess is that there's three Mafia. You two, on the other hand, have no reason for knowing that there's three, other than by virtue of guessing.

Now, see, you'll notice that last point does point more to you being scum, but you'd have to remember something from earlier in order to fully cement at least one of you being scum, and that's this post:
This implies, of course, that Luckyowl also believes there's three Mafia likely, does it not? Note that Luckyowl specifically avoids mentioning three Mafia. In addition, Secretdorf also believes there's three:
3 if there's third party, otherwise I'll say 4.
The emphasis should surely be placed on the "otherwise" here, because I believe it infers a state of mind in Secretdorf towards there being three players.

So would not your words implicate you, Luckyowl and Secretdorf? Why so does Secretdorf defend Luckyowl? Why so does Luckyowl defend Secretdorf? This leads me to my questions for them:

@Luckyowl: I'll narrow down your suspects: me, hector13, or Secretdorf. Who should we lynch? Why? Put as much thought into it as you want to.
@Secretdorf: What about Luckyowl did you believe when you voted for me? What do you believe now? If you had to vote TricMagic, me, or Luckyowl, who would you vote?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2021, 11:13:32 am »

Toony:
Toaster, show me a picture of your face the exact moment you read your role-PM. If that isn't possible, how would you describe your facial muscles? Tense? Relaxed? Up? Down? Have you been visiting your doctor about it?

Let's go with this one.  No recorded doctor visits yet.

LuckyOwl:
Everyone: So how many of you want to lynch me?

You've made... let's be generous and say questionable... vote choices in the past.  I'm going to optimistically assume you've learned from them.

Secretdorf:
Everyone: Can you rate how happy you are about your role from a scale of 1(lowest) to 10(highest)?
If you were mafia, who will you want to kill based on past experience?
 If you could choose your scum partners who will they be?

Wait, what's with this gang rolefishing?  I mean, you can see my answer above, I'll give it, but this is "fish"y.

Caz:
Toaster: If your alignment is mafia-ally, how do you act in order to help mafia while avoiding detection by town?

That's an interesting one.  I'd say hunt, but without conviction, and be prone to joining bandwagons.  In a near-LYLO situation, don't be afraid to hammer someone with poor reasoning, because an ally getting lynched is still close to a town lynch.

Hector13:
Obvscum but I won’t vote for him.

Why?  That's an odd statement to make.

Also statistically speaking you’re scum, nobody can go this many games in a row and be town in all of them.

Gambler's Fallacy

On TricMagic:  I am 100% in favor of claiming miller first post of the game, to the point I tend to not believe people claiming it afterwards.  That said, as such it's a non-tell; all it does is tell any cops to not bother checking that player, since they're going to get a mafia result.  I've done it every time as miller since that game, and yes, I've fakeclaimed it at least once.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 23, 2021, 11:28:09 am »

Secretdorf:
Everyone: Can you rate how happy you are about your role from a scale of 1(lowest) to 10(highest)?
If you were mafia, who will you want to kill based on past experience?
 If you could choose your scum partners who will they be?

Wait, what's with this gang rolefishing?  I mean, you can see my answer above, I'll give it, but this is "fish"y.

I somehow skimmed past this. Yes wtf is with the obvious fishing for power roles?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 23, 2021, 11:39:10 am »

Alright, let's get started

Hector: You haven't replaced out yet, does this mean you rolled town?

LuckyOwl: What is your plan for this game? How do you plan to find scum? Are you confident that if you make it to LYLO again that you can correctly lynch scum?

Vector: Will you try to be more assertive in this game?

NQT: If you are the leader of a wagon, and a counter wagon forms against you, how will you convince town to join your wagon?

Toaster: How much impact do you think mechanics will have on this game compared to the daygame?

Secretdorf: On a scale of 1 to 10 I would have to give my role a 4.20.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 23, 2021, 11:52:19 am »

Why didn't you ask me any questions?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 23, 2021, 11:58:27 am »

Honestly same can be said on my end. That said luckyowl is still a valid lynch, falling back onto jokes and luck to live.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 23, 2021, 12:01:43 pm »

Why didn't you ask me any questions?

webadict: Is this a good enough question for you?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57