Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Gatekeeper Gods: Tick 5: Aggressively Inactive  (Read 4391 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Gatekeeper Gods: Tick 2: You are my Sonshine
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2021, 02:10:36 am »

[Stiria vaguely pokesat the laws of time, wondering if they are moving]

((I'm kinda waiting for players to do things given this tick has like two actions :V))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2021, 03:42:46 am »

[Stiria vaguely pokesat the laws of time, wondering if they are moving]

((I'm kinda waiting for players to do things given this tick has like two actions :V))
((Eh more like 3 actions and 1 attempt at stealing a gate for free))
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2021, 06:49:49 pm »

Use 2 II to grant a blessing to some of the Pismire's furthest-traveling scouts, letting their needs for food and sleep dwindle as they travel further out. Calnoch manifests gently around the blessed, especially as they travel, to make the source of the blessings clear.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2021, 12:55:00 am »

After a prodigiously long amount of time considering the availability of cheese in the supernal realms, Hannah recalls to act.

1OI: draw in plants through my gate

1OI: draw in simple insectoid herbivores through my gate.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2021, 05:58:05 pm »

Tick 3: Everyone Loves Ants

The Lock and the Key is briefly known as The Lock, having used his key to answer the as of yet unlocked Gate's gauntlet challenge! The gate may or may not respond to this later.

Petra takes the gauntlet and re-gifts it to the Pismire, informing them that she had been the one to grant them defenses! They are now much more confused before, but grateful for the Goddess's protection. They place the strange gauntlet in the castle's armory, those soldiers that have taken to maintaining weaponry taking turns examining the strange device.

Choosing a unique way to answer the Gate's challenge, The Lock and/or the Key bless the Sunson with a mission to seduce the far-away Pismire. At first the Sunson, tuned to Nothing, rejects this offer. He is quite happy to sit and do Nothing all day, with no reason to follow a foreign God. The Eternal NEET's willpower is broken by The Lock and The Key's constant heart-based nagging breaking his wonderful symphony of silence. As he attempts to leave he is stopped by the rest of his kin - they have seen the gates and wish to visit them, but need the light of his towers to do so. After explaining how he would much rather stay inside and that a God keeps nagging him to have kids (with several putting their ears to his heart to confirm this nagging), they decided to allow him to leave so long as he promises to return to give light once more to their land. He does so and makes off to the promised land alongside many of his countrymen!

They return after a day (which is "exactly as long as it took him to return to his tower" given the alternate sun has yet to be spilled) since the SunSon realized this was going to be a lot of walking. Still the nagging and his heart becoming an object of worship eventually broke him down to make another attempt, this time carried on a lock-shaped litter carved by followers of the Lock and the Key. They arrive at the Gate as ordered, only to be met by the paranoid, Lust-crazed, and still very confused Pismire! SunSon, who already has exactly the number of children as there is Nostars in the night sky (None), immediately attempts to return home.

The Nornals prove unable to wrest control of the gate from the unaffected non-breeding cast, which has seen the inexplicable madness in their fellows and hardened their defenses around their young queens in their castle, along with many drones who have locked themselves deep in its holds after realizing the outsiders have some sway over them. Any attempt to reach either closer to the gate or the queens is met with violent defense. ((The Lock and the Key -2II))

The Lock and the Key attempts to award the Sunson for obeying his nagging with blood! He immediately trades this to his litter bearers as payment for a trip home. They keep the blood-filled litter as a sacred artifact, but it otherwise doesn't seem to do anything. (The Lock and the Key -1 SI)

The Lock and the Key then bleeds over the Minor Gate in an attempt to claim it! It doesn't seem to work either, and the Pismire (perhaps due to being a non-bleeding species) doesn't seem to react any more than had it been smeared with water. It just kind of sits there. (The Lock and the Key -2 SI)

Stiria creates a Temple for the Pismire, the second permanent building of their ever expanding settlement. Currently it is being used as a second headquarters for the Pismire patrols, which continue to chase off the Nornals attempting to get closer to the gate. Currently they tend to pray on a very fixed schedule, upon leaving and arriving from their patrols, likely as a holdover from whatever religion they worshiped before. Current inspirations seem entirely useless for their current objective and quickly discarded as a result, such as recipe for Great Vine Wine and a hat that tells you what direction the sonlight is coming from for exploratory navigation.  (Stiria - 2 II)

Now filling filling the sky is three new Constellations brought out of the Major Gate Minor Gate courtesy of Stiria! First is a perfect circle of different colored stars making a halo above the world. It rotates at a seemly randomly speed, changing direction of rotation randomly so that at times it will make a full cycle in a night while others it will take many days. Second is a line of bright white stars ending in what vaguely looks like a fanged snake's head. This one seems to hover above major events as if it is interested in seeing them unfold, currently it is taking position above Minor Gate and the trash heap. Finally is a formation of Ununstars, the polar opposite of Unstars, which proceeds to Not perform battle for control of the nightsky with its Uncreated arch enemy. (Stiria - 3 OI)

After a full turn of preparation, Dakka attempts to take the Major Gate! With the home field advantage, Stiria attempts to stop him! They begin a storm-like battle that probably would have left a much greater mess if they didn't start the fight in a junkyard. Both races scramble for cover as shells and chaos rain down across the terrain, the Pismire bunkering down in their God-granted buildings while the Nornals fled further from the Gate. When the dust and various debris clear, Stiria has awesomely retained the gate! While both fighters are covered in scrapes and bruise equivalents, they both manage to heal this minor damage by the end of the Tick.

Calnoch blesses the Pismire's scouts against the effects of hunger and sleep! Currently those furthest out are Drones who have fallen for The Lock and the Key's spell and have gone out in search of the SunSon or other Nornals. Thanks to this blessing many are able to reach their destination, including those who have found themselves with bands attempting to move on the minor gates that they would otherwise be unable to find. A large portion of the Pismire drones are now living among the Nornal population, with the largest chunk in the settlement of the Sun Tower. (Calnoch -2 II)

Hannah dreams of Cheese while pulling out two new additions of the world from her gate! First she pulls out a strange mushroom that quickly grows into circular colonies. She quickly discovers that sounds and images from one circle of mushrooms are projected into another circle at random, but the sounds muffled to a whisper and images cloudy and ghost-like. They begin to sprout colonies around her gate. Next she pulls out an plant-loving insect, receiving something that looks like a cross between a butterfly and a wasp. It has four large, painted wings with an amazing array of colors that wouldn't be out of place in a tie-dye shirt, but in a wasp-like configuration on its back that it moves rapidly to fly. It seems that it is highly poisonous to anything that attempts to eat it, and as such it quickly begins to spread across the world. (Hanna -2 OI)

------GATE ACTION-------

Minor Gates A and C close! A majority of the original Minor Gates are now gone! Minor Gate C had the dubious honor of being the only gate never to be claimed, despite the initial rush for power.

Three new Gates appear across the world! First is a Medium Gate, which will only manage to stay in this world for 2 turns! Following it is two new Minor Gates, in close proximity to each other relative to the other gates.

Something emerges from Medium Gate C! It appears to be another new race! They're large even compared to those who eat the Golden Berries, with a stocky build that makes them look like moving houses. They appear to be both furred and wearing primitive furs, with long snouts and pointed antlers on their head. They have two hooved feet and a hand with three fingers, which they seem to use as additional feet when moving faster than a slow walk. Their equipment is primitive stone tools, they appear to be a lost tribe of hunter-gatherers. Their language is apparently mostly bugling, translating it to writing and removing the unnecessary letters they call themselves something like "Bweer".

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gates (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gatekeeper Gods: Tick 3: Everyone Loves Ants
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2021, 06:18:29 pm »

Dakka resides themselves in a metaphorical command room to think. Strange, I know.

Dakka still hasn't managed to restore the power expended in creation, and Stria blocks Dakka. Perhaps Dakka shall take the others in preperation. Yes, that seems appropriate for now.

Set course for Medium Gate D and Minor Gates F and G. Claim all for Dakka!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2021, 11:48:37 pm »

1 II: Claim Medium Gate D
1 II: Claim Minor Gate G

The Lock & the Key, a bit disappointed at the failed mess decides to try something different.

He retrieves the sunjar that Hannah had previously pulled into the world.

Then, with Sunjar in tow, he travels to one of the Pismire Queens of the Major Gate Minor Gate and manifests to her as a floating necklace.

"Oh Pismire Queen, I have tested your people, and found them wise and masters of their instinct. Have the Pismire worship me as one of their patrons, and I shall gift you a treasure by which to see, and which will cause the greatvine to flourish"

If the Pismire accept my offer gift them the Sunjar. If they do not, the Lock and the Key goes to the Bweer and makes a similar offer.

"Me like you. Worship Lock and Key and get shiny thing. Yes?"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 11:50:57 pm by Demonic Spoon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2021, 09:16:53 am »

Stria reaches into the minor gate, and pulls forth thrice-
 First he pulls forth a swarm of poison resistant insect eaters- [1 OI]
 Second he pulls forth a herd of something that could vaguely be used as cattle- [1 OI]
 And finally he pulls forth a load of random junk- with such force that it ends up scattering all over the world. [1 OI] and finally he rested.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 09:18:26 am by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2021, 01:45:23 am »

Calnoch manifests in response to the Lock and Key's pitch - the scent of bruised berries and flashes of memories.
"Oh, you tested them, did you? What a fine way to spin a failed attempt to take her people by force."

Spend 2II to create a number of wayside shrines bearing Calnoch's sign within the Nornal and Prismere settlements, granting a better chance of a safe return home when prayed to before a journey or excursion.
Use 3 OI to pull forth a group of some kind of pack-bird/beast.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2021, 05:20:26 am »

1 II: Claim Medium Gate D
1 II: Claim Minor Gate G

The Lock & the Key, a bit disappointed at the failed mess decides to try something different.

He retrieves the sunjar that Hannah had previously pulled into the world.

Then, with Sunjar in tow, he travels to one of the Pismire Queens of the Major Gate Minor Gate and manifests to her as a floating necklace.

"Oh Pismire Queen, I have tested your people, and found them wise and masters of their instinct. Have the Pismire worship me as one of their patrons, and I shall gift you a treasure by which to see, and which will cause the greatvine to flourish"

If the Pismire accept my offer gift them the Sunjar. If they do not, the Lock and the Key goes to the Bweer and makes a similar offer.

"Me like you. Worship Lock and Key and get shiny thing. Yes?"

"That shiny thing is not yours to give. True, I had not touched it or made any form of motion to move it, but it was mine by claim of discovery. I would ask you to return it, but why bother with such trivialities?"

Hannah focused on the Prismire Queen and focused her projected form into a manner similar to the Queen herself.

"Fair queen, Know that if you do make agreement with the Thief and take the bounty that is mine by right, that you shall experience discomfort of unheralded sensations."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2021, 12:22:24 am »

Calnoch manifests in response to the Lock and Key's pitch - the scent of bruised berries and flashes of memories.
"Oh, you tested them, did you? What a fine way to spin a failed attempt to take her people by force."
"That shiny thing is not yours to give. True, I had not touched it or made any form of motion to move it, but it was mine by claim of discovery. I would ask you to return it, but why bother with such trivialities?"

Hannah focused on the Prismire Queen and focused her projected form into a manner similar to the Queen herself.

"Fair queen, Know that if you do make agreement with the Thief and take the bounty that is mine by right, that you shall experience discomfort of unheralded sensations."
"I have no idea what either of you are talking about. I'm just trying to make a living here. Why so mean?"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2021, 07:17:46 pm »

A new, unknown god reveals itself privately before a few of the Bweer, in the shape of a flighty uncatchable hind, a vineful of succulent berries just out of reach, a muttering voice, a gnashing and a wailing of teeth.

"I am the unknowable God," it mutters, "and you will worship me, not because it is easy, but because we choose to go the moon. And only Nixon can go to the moon. In conclusion, I recommend that all gods must be destroyed."

1 ||II: Create a large stack of propaganda flyers inscribed with my symbol and an exhortation to worship me (with testimonials on all the alleged benefits you can receive by worshipping me, and lots of exclamation marks, and some clipart) and give them to the Bweer with strict instructions to hand them out to anyone they meet. They can even go door-to-door once someone invents doors.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2021, 01:26:20 am »

"I am the unknowable God," it mutters, "and you will worship me, not because it is easy, but because we choose to go the moon. And only Nixon can go to the moon. In conclusion, I recommend that all gods must be destroyed."

"Wait. We have a moon?! Where is it?"

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2021, 02:41:49 am »

Stiria twists it’s form into a crude line single drawing of a buttocks and points itself towards the world, mooning it.
”Right here”
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2021, 07:36:43 am »

"Wait. We have a moon?! Where is it?"
The Unknowable God sidles up to L&K. "What's a moon? I'll level with you, I cribbed that speech from a book I hallucinated once."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6