Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Gatekeeper Gods: Tick 5: Aggressively Inactive  (Read 4373 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Gatekeeper Gods: Tick 3: Everyone Loves Ants
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2021, 07:46:49 am »

"Wait. We have a moon?! Where is it?"
The Unknowable God sidles up to L&K. "What's a moon? I'll level with you, I cribbed that speech from a book I hallucinated once."
"Either a worse world or worse sun, or some combination of the two, as best I can intuit from my divine sagacity. Whatever Stiria is doing sort of counts I guess? But I thought that was courting ritual. Also, welcome to the family sibling! Happy instantiation tick!"

The Lock and the Key gifts Slanthotep with a fuzzy, woollen, mauve, scarf.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 07:48:56 am by Demonic Spoon »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2021, 07:54:00 am »

"Either a worse world or worse sun, or some combination of the two, as best I can intuit from my divine sagacity. Whatever Stiria is doing sort of counts I guess? But I thought that was courting ritual. Also, welcome to the family sibling! Happy instantiation tick!"

The Lock and the Key gifts Slanthotep with a fuzzy, woollen, mauve, scarf.

"Thank you, you're too kind."

Slanthotep observes the scarf for several seconds and then decides to become it. The scarf sprouts tentacles.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2021, 08:29:28 am »

Calnoch manifests in response to the Lock and Key's pitch - the scent of bruised berries and flashes of memories.
"Oh, you tested them, did you? What a fine way to spin a failed attempt to take her people by force."
"That shiny thing is not yours to give. True, I had not touched it or made any form of motion to move it, but it was mine by claim of discovery. I would ask you to return it, but why bother with such trivialities?"

Hannah focused on the Prismire Queen and focused her projected form into a manner similar to the Queen herself.

"Fair queen, Know that if you do make agreement with the Thief and take the bounty that is mine by right, that you shall experience discomfort of unheralded sensations."
"I have no idea what either of you are talking about. I'm just trying to make a living here. Why so mean?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm just trying to make a living here. Why so mean?!"

5II: Create Latlan, a  giant astonishingly fast physically-unsound red obsidian colossus. Upon it are scribed various pictograms that shift and move under the light, reflecting all sorts civilised scenes.  It has two duties: to carry the sun-in-a-jar around the world and to tip it over near Gates and median points between Gates. Latlan is utterly neutral in any conflict.

2OI
: draw in monsters who dwell in the dark.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2021, 11:36:02 pm »

Tick 4: Get to Know the Unknowable

Dakka attempts once again to take gates without paying! The Lock and The Key puts a damper on these plans by claiming two of the open gates while also attempting to take something from another God without paying! The Lock and The Key easily captures the two gates but fails to claim the artifact, while Dakka barely manages to claim Minor Gate F that nobody else seems to want. Being unable to take the jar from Hannah or the newly born Giant, The Lock and The Key is unable to use it to bribe new worshipers. (The Lock and The Key -2II)

Stria continues to invite beings through the gate! First in is a large spider covered in what appear to be flowers. It seems to be living in symbiosis with said flowers - using them to attract insects then leaving a part of its meal to fertilize its flower garden. As a result it is a rather slow creature that relies on covering itself with its poisonous prey for a double whammy of self defense and fertilization. It begins eating said poisonous insect. Following soon after is a pot-bellied dragon! Despite that majestic description these are short, chubby, and dopey looking creatures that look like an overfed lizard. They do make excellent livestock all around, their scales are loose and may be harvested like wool, they lay a palatable and sizable egg daily, they can eat almost anything, and their meat is surprisingly tender. Currently they're mostly hunted for that latter trait. Finally Stria decides that EVERYWHERE should be filled with trash and immediately throws a small amount of trash across the world. Mostly random wildlife is sleeping under long-forgotten tin cans and the like. (Stria -3OI)

Calnoch blesses the more settled settlements with shrines allowing those who pray at them to return home safely. Not praying at one before leaving soon becomes a signal that you do not plan to return home at all - popular with gate seeking Nornals and ready-to-give-their-life Prismere warriors. Those who plan on returning home appreciate the extra protection. At this moment the roads are fairly safe for travelers. There are no major threats from wildlife or criminals, the majority of danger for travelers is at the destination (and that is mostly for gate-seeking Nornals getting too close to other angry mortals). Calnoch then pulls out a camel like creature from the gate! Despite the description it seems to be remarkably adapted to a variety of climates. Given that its "humps" are almost a perfect saddle (albeit apparently one for a large four-legged creature), its likely that in its original world it was somehow engineered to be a pack beast. If brought into cold climates, it will begin growing thick wool within the week. If brought into worm climates, it will shed that hair and take on a more familiar camel appearance. Its humps store both fat and water - the latter of which it lovingly shares with its rider in a llama-like fashion if they're getting low. Their carrying capacity and endurance are baffling, they can be ridden for days without needing rest with as much gear as you can manage to throw on them. If you where to pick one animal to make a round trip across the world with, this would be your top choice. (Calnoch -2 II -3 OI)

The Queen is threatened to avoid the deal with The Lock and the Key for an item he doesn't possess. She naturally refuses said deal.

A strange new God known as the Unknowable God (or Slanthotep to the GM) has begun to influence the world! Specifically by handing out propaganda posters to the Bweer. The Bweer have apparently not discovered writing as of yet but are easily swayed by all the pretty pictures this flier has, and immediately begin following the order to hand it to everyone they meet. Since they mostly meet others in their same clan this usually means passing the fliers around as a form of greeting like other races might say hello or wave hands. Usually the same set of fliers. Some begin naming themselves the Bweer version of Nixon and wondering where the moon went and why the stars are all different. (Slanthotep - 1II)

Slanthotep then becomes an unknowable and tentacled scarf!

Hanna creates a giant known as Latlan, who is given the duty of bringing light to the world! Latlan immediately acts on this duty, setting a route between the gates. This route quickly becomes a road connecting said gates as the light midway between allows travel even as the Sunson slumbers. Said roads see little traffic at this moment, but will probably expand once the races get friendlier. The Sunson adds a new color to his awesomely large tower, to signal to the world where Latlan is on the route and when they can expect their next light delivery. (Hanna -5II)

Next the Goddess of Civilization invites monsters from another world. The result is a large roughly large-cat shape with no face and a mouth taking up the entirety of its stomach. It's skin blends in to the shadow of darkness and its movements seem to make no noise (aside from a crunching sound whenever it devours particularly difficult prey). It seems to rely entirely on a meat based diet and isn't picky about its targets. It hunts by stalking its prey and is capable of becoming entirely invisible for several moments as it goes in for the kill, taking a large bite of whatever seems like a vulnerable area. Fortunately it seems to have a primal fear of light and will immediately run as far away as it can shrieking if exposed to it. Aside from making everything I said earlier about traveling a lie, most sentient races have yet to notice the monstrous creature lurking in the shadows. Mostly because anyone who runs into said creature mysteriously disappears. (Hanna -2OI)

-----Gate Actions-----

This time, a single creature comes through Medium Gate B! It seems to be a sentient mortal, but one that is alone. It is wearing a tattered robe that seems to have worn to the point the dye has long faded and holes (some hastily repaired with a different sort of fabric) dot the outfit in patchwork. Said robe covers most of this creature's features, but it seems to have some sort of hunched back. Its head peaks out over the robes, covered by a veiled hat of similar condition to the robes. The only visible part of this creature is a pair of white rabbit ears drooping over this hat.

Said creature makes a variety of strange chants and gestures before contemplatively rubbing its chin with a gloved hand. It then seems to mediate around the gate.

No minor gates vanish this turn! Apparently fate has yet to steal the gates from the two Gods who have attempted to grab them after all this time!

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gates (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 08:49:27 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Gatekeeper Gods: Tick 4: Get to Know the Unknowable
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2021, 09:59:06 pm »

Stiria Establishes an Afterlife and reincarnation system. [-4II]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2021, 11:55:52 pm »

Do nothing

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2021, 09:10:02 am »

1OI: OPEN the floodGATE! Come forth space pirates, and bring forth awe-inspiring terror in all your forms in worship to Dakka!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 06:22:50 am by TricMagic »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2021, 12:20:51 am »

5OI: Drag in a species of plant sapients.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2021, 02:50:45 pm »

9II: Desiring underlings to fill the world with madness, Slanthotep creates the Honorable Menschen, a mortal species capable of adopting the appearance and lifestyle of any other living thing, with a deep natural charisma which predisposes them to become great leaders of whatever they may be impersonating. Their mating rituals involve forming cults of totally dedicated followers, comparing the size and dedication of these cults in ritualized combat, then sacrificing cult members in elaborate ways to demonstrate devotion to a chosen mate.

As they are created, Slanthotep gives each one a unique bizarre name and teaches it a unique incorrect theory of the nature and origin of the universe (all theories include the need to worship Slanthotep for one reason or another).

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2021, 03:58:25 pm »

Is this still accepting Gods?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2021, 04:08:19 pm »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2021, 07:38:46 pm »

Apologies for posting this so late. I will do nothing for this turn.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2021, 07:41:46 am »

(Poke)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2021, 10:02:59 pm »

Tick 5: Aggressively Inactive

Stiria creates the first local afterlife system! With four different flavors each with their own unique mark on the world's sky, which greatly interests the more inquisitive and mobile constellations. So far they have been filled with the Chaos Goddess's backlog of mostly ant-like souls. Said souls are mostly either mediocre or somewhat good, the Pismire culture has remained close and militaristic with strict adherence to strict laws being the norm. While a significant amount has broken away from said culture, that was mostly due to the other God's screwing around and tended to result in the stray ants following a different God. Said other Gods will have to sign off on these afterlives if they wish for their own loitering souls to join this system. (Stiria-4II)

Having finally accomplished the dream of conquering a gate, Dakka immediately uses its powers to summon followers! Specifically two followers. The larger follower is a ball-shaped robot with a variety of internal tools that moves around using a set of thrusters. You can tell it is a pirate because it has an eye patch. Comparatively smaller is a figure in a rather unpiraty (minus the skull-and-crossbones painted on over an unknown flag) but practical space suit with a domed helmet revealing a spiky-looking face with dark-brown coloration. One of its eyes seems to have been replaced by cybernetics. It has two arms and two legs with a monkey-like posture. After a brief conversation between these two pirates, they immediately attempt to hijack Dakka himself. (Dakka - 1 OI)

Hanna decides to be the first to actually invite a whole race in! She ends up with a race of sentient moss! It moves around and interacts with its surrounding environment using a psudopod like extension to inch itself in the proper direction. They seem to be covered with a variety of flower-like sensory organs almost indistinguishable with normal flowers, and from what little you've seen they seem to be able to regenerate damage both to their main body and said organs over the course of days if water and nutrients is provided to them. Despite what you might assume of Moss's intelligence they seem to be wearing carefully crafted glass "hats" that seem to be made to maximize the amount of sunlight received suggesting some level of technology. They are apparently farmers, and immediately begin fencing off forest land and planting some unknown seed (likely unrelated to their own spores) (Hanna -5 OI)

Slanthotep instead creates his own race - a race without set form allowing them to infiltrate and become great leaders among the other race. At this point they have little contact with other races and have begun attempting to form cults of other Honorable Menschen for their mating rituals and vigorously debating who's theory of the universe is correct. As all Honorable Menschens are rather charismatic, both of these events tend to be chaotic and maddening to watch as they are convinced to join or drop a cause or group incredibly often even as they form complex webs of alliances in the hopes of achieving their goal. So far the most prominent has declared all Grass to be his cult, as Grass is the reason the universe was made (arguing that this is obvious as the end goal for all life is to feed grass). His rivals have all begun attempting to cut down all the grass, a task made difficult both by the large amount of said plant and the ambushes from allied HM's disguised as said plant. (Slanthotep -9II)

Finally, a New God appears! gidur of the unknown! Much like The Lock and The Key gidur aggressively does nothing (perhaps skipping introduction to avoid being known?)

-----Gate Actions-----

The rabbit-creature from last turn seems to have had an epiphany after a golden fruit fell on his head and did a totally sweet cartwheel down the hill faster than physically possible. It now seems to be attempting to journal what makes something awesome in an attempt to harness this force.

A massive, three story battle tank emerges from Medium Gate D! Unfortunately it seems to have been on the loosing end of a battle and is mostly-derelict. Its armor is full of holes and all its weapons are destroyed in various ways. Currently it would do little to keep out the rain. "Mostly" meaning its absurdly large warn-out treads are still spinning, sending this wreck forward in a desperate attempt to complete whatever its mission is...at about a walking pace.

Medium Gate D closes soon after! Followed by Medium Gate C! New gates should arrive Next Tick!

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gates (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gatekeeper Gods: Tick 5: Aggressively Inactive
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2021, 12:10:00 pm »

Repair the Tank! (In one of the innumerable hangers dotting the ship in defiance of common physics. Time to take a personal hand.)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6