Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Vanguard Heroes [IC]  (Read 8397 times)

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vanguard Heroes [IC]
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2020, 05:28:36 am »

He tax out the appropriate amount of coins, slamming them on the counter.

You purchased the following Item: Obtained, Gunboots and Magnetic Armor!

"Thank you for your purchase heheheh!"

Phobic briefly looks over the notice board. Evidently, freedom of speech was valued in this realm. That, or nobody who cared noticed the two strongly contradicting messages.

Lacking an immediately useful host, Phobic heads over to the Guild.

From the distance, Phobic can see(?) that the guild's structure is really peculiar, it's quite different than the other buildings around. As Phobic enters the guild, A man with spiky orange hair greeted Phobic.

"Hey! Hey! Hello there! You're not from around here. You're new aren't ya! Welcome to Pixie Head! My name is Summers. We're a guild that provide work for those who needs our service! If you wish to join, you can ask our madam, Vorak!"
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2020, 06:28:49 am »

Tired of waiting around, Portalis goes over to check out the news board.

Seeing the poster about the Red Circle, he becomes intrigued with the mention of taking over the country. He notes the Red Circle's symbol and looks around the place for any such symbols elsewhere, or anything else that might be related to the faction.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2020, 02:27:09 pm »

Phobic comments. <Indeed, I am not from around here. I suspect that working with a guild in any official capacity may be mutually exclusive with being in the 'Vanguard' faction that I am already in; though there may be different customs around here than my realm of origin>
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2020, 09:11:06 pm »

Tired of waiting around, Portalis goes over to check out the news board.

Seeing the poster about the Red Circle, he becomes intrigued with the mention of taking over the country. He notes the Red Circle's symbol and looks around the place for any such symbols elsewhere, or anything else that might be related to the faction.

Portalis venture around the city to look for the same symbol, though he was not successful.

Phobic comments. <Indeed, I am not from around here. I suspect that working with a guild in any official capacity may be mutually exclusive with being in the 'Vanguard' faction that I am already in; though there may be different customs around here than my realm of origin>

Summers hear something from his head and was confused at first. "What the.. Oh you're one of those psychic type.. (Man that's creepy). The Vanguard Heroes? We don't really hire people based on their job that they already have if that's what you're asking"

[I'm gonna start the quest tomorrow if this just gonna keep going]

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2020, 10:24:24 pm »

Phobic responds. <Is there a list of tasks or something along those lines then?>

[I was intending to keep going until I could find a viable host]
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2021, 03:15:05 am »

(Tric, did you ask Supernerd if you can use the blue rat?)
(I literally thought it was TriMagic for the longest time, I'VE BEEN TRIC'ED)
Ear teeth

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2021, 01:13:47 pm »

Divine RNG my Random Gear, time for a reroll. Head to Main Hall to ask about red circle, taking one of the flyers with me.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2021, 11:38:46 pm »

Ask some nearby locals or guards about the Red Circle, if there are any around.
Ear teeth

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2021, 04:05:08 am »

Phobic responds. <Is there a list of tasks or something along those lines then?>

"We have a bounty board that people from outside of this guild can do what the job is offering. You can become a member of this guild if you become a regular and talk to our madam Vorak." Summers explains.

Divine RNG my Random Gear, time for a reroll.
Arte re-roll her gear, Her pacifier taser disappears. She summons another gear.
[1d6 = 5]
Arte summons another weapon in the form of a rifle. The rifle seem to be built peculiar, It's as if it was built from a different era.

Head to Main Hall to ask about red circle, taking one of the flyers with me.[/b]
Arte heads back to the main hall and ask Jhuni about the symbol.

"I don't know... This seems pretty new to us... It seems like it's a protest. For now let's just focus on the bigger picture first."

Ask some nearby locals or guards about the Red Circle, if there are any around.

Portalis travels around to find a clue if people around know about the symbol but they don't seem to know a thing or two about it.

(Next update gonna be the quest, no more side dialogue for now)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2021, 12:57:59 pm »

You have received some kind of telepathic message from Phobic!

It roughly translates to: <I have been unable to locate a viable host. Unfortunately, this means that I am going to be of very little use in the upcoming mission>

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2021, 02:54:29 am »

You have received some kind of telepathic message from Phobic!

It roughly translates to: <I have been unable to locate a viable host. Unfortunately, this means that I am going to be of very little use in the upcoming mission>

"That's okay! As long as your Nakama is with you, you can accomplish anything!" Summer tries to cheer the gelatinous goo.

--Quest: Giant Sighting--

After  a period of time spent dilly dallying across the city. You're finally ready to commence with your mission as you travel together towards the place where giant is located. You and Jhuni travel by train and arrived at the troll village. After you get out of the train, a village elderly greet your very presence with a company. They elderly take no time to explain the situation at hand.

"Greetings, City dweller, We received a letter regarding your willingness to aid us with this predicament... So this is the Vanguard Heroes if i'm correct. My name is Lakar, i'm the chief of this village. Let us not waste anymore of our precious breath and get down to this... Giant business shall we.."

The first thing Jhuni noticed after arriving at the place, is how impatient the village elderly greets them. She's going along for now and introduce the vanguard heroes to the elderly and his follower. "Good afternoon, Mister lakar. My name is Jhuni. I'm a journalist working for the Vanguard Heroes. It is true that our company volunteered to deal with this problem, but if there's more information regarding the situation that you've recently discovered. We could use it to study this creature you speak of."

"An information we recently discovered.. Is that we finally know where the giant is located.. We must make haste and go to where it is now before the giant is wrecking the entire village. I'll explain it on the way..." The elderly tries to dodge the topic and hurried everyone to follow him to where the giant is.

Jhuni was skeptical at first and had the mission goes haywire, She begin a distress protocol with her psychic ability to the Vanguard Initiative's Rescue team if anything seems off. Jhuni agreed to follow Lakar to where the giant is located while the Vanguard Heroes accompany her. After hours of walking from the train station and passing the swamp. The group arrived at a dig site. Jhuni tries to piece the rumor with the situation regarding a giant that is located in a 'Cave'.

Village Map:

They take an elevator and descend to the lower level. The elevator takes a bit more while as Jhuni grew more and more suspicious. After 10 full minutes of waiting for the elevator to finally reach the bottom. They arrived in an empty and hollow space, covered in nothing but pitch black void around the area. The area is large enough to build a small city. You keep walking through the cave and finally arrived at a wall with several lights emanating it. The wall seems to be different than the surface you're standing on. Jhuni asked the chief.

"What is this? Where are we right now?" Jhuni concerned.

"Well, Miss Journalist.. This is the giant.. What you're looking is.. barely it's torso.." The chief explains.

After a brief period of bewilderment. Jhuni noticed the fact that this wasn't a rumor at all and the villagers had known this and refuse to give the full information to the company. "You knew what this thing is and refuse to tell us what it is from the start?"

"I may be old miss Jhuni but i'm not a fool, Had we inform your country regarding this creature's existence. They will bomb this village and blast it till there's nothing left. We must be careful on who we can trust shouldn't we? And that's why, i expect the best from your Vanguard Heroes program, if the country of Chalceus top representatives are really capable of dealing with this creature." Lakar answered Jhuni with a slight furious tone.

"Just.. Ok... How big is this thing... I can't see the top of it..." Jhuni tries to rebutting the elderly but she understands how the elderly felt from that speech.

"It's approximately 200 meter tall and 300 meter wide. We assume it's quadrupedal and it has a huge mouth that can swallow our village whole. This thing wasn't as big since we discovered it a month ago and it hasn't moved since. We didn't know how it got here and how was this thing made. We only know that we had to keep it monitored before this hell spawn goes on a rampage."

"Hm.. Very well, Let our Vanguard Hereos deal with this then! Mr Vanguard! Sir! How about it!?" Jhuni turns to you and ask how you'll deal with this behemoth of a monster.

Battle phase:

[Current Objective: Deal with the giant]

Map
Current Character sheet
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 02:57:59 am by Mahoroty »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2021, 03:24:55 am »

"Excellent.  If it's standing around, I can set up some traps!"

Begin placing a line of zap beacons, wall to wall, so that the fields don't quite reach where the giant currently is.  Expand it to a double, then a triple layer should this continue without issue.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2021, 03:42:58 am »

"Alright team, you heard the lady. Let's get to it."

Portalis barks at the team, arms crossed with a smug look as he observes this "wall".
Ear teeth

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2021, 04:53:53 am »

"OK, this thing is big. The kiddie gloves come off."

Mathel uses geomancy to shape handholds into the wall and ceilng, climbing along them as he does so.
On the ceiling, he creates massive stalagtites above the creature, ready to drop them all at once.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2021, 05:22:00 am »

"Oh, hey, that's a good idea.  Would you like a few grenades to go with that?"

Mathel can have a few of my explosive grenades, and a roll of duct tape from my toolbelt to add to the fun.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10