Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Vanguard Heroes [IC]  (Read 8381 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Vanguard Heroes [IC]
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2021, 06:03:12 am »

"Are these things time or impact based?"
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2021, 07:32:15 am »

"Well this thing is bigger than I expected, I don't think I'll be of much help as a shotgun and a pistol probably aren't going to hurt this thing much if at all."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2021, 05:05:11 pm »

Phobic comments. <I would advise that we investigate the nature of this entity ourselves before we start attacking. I'm going to manifest a psionic entity; do not be alarmed by it. By the nature of its form, we may be able to learn about how the Giant thinks.>

Phobic invokes its Fear Animus ability to attempt to manifest a physical embodiment of the Giant's fears. Phobic orders said embodiment to stay still and take no action.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2021, 05:09:47 pm »

Portalis is still not used to this telepathy thing that the slime creature does, as he stands there looking annoyed.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2021, 07:05:19 pm »

Walking up to the giant, Gax pokes it with a finger.

"We sure this thin' is a bad guy right? Don' look like much ta me."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Mahoroty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2021, 12:14:45 am »

"Alright team, you heard the lady. Let's get to it."

Portalis barks at the team, arms crossed with a smug look as he observes this "wall".

"Mr Leader sir.. I don't think they're listening to you.."

"OK, this thing is big. The kiddie gloves come off."

Mathel uses geomancy to shape handholds into the wall and ceilng, climbing along them as he does so.
On the ceiling, he creates massive stalagtites above the creature, ready to drop them all at once.

"Excellent.  If it's standing around, I can set up some traps!"

Begin placing a line of zap beacons, wall to wall, so that the fields don't quite reach where the giant currently is.  Expand it to a double, then a triple layer should this continue without issue.

Ben and Mathel carefully places traps and walls around the area by planting stalactites on the ceiling with his geomancy or using Zap beacon to create a barricade, if the giant start to move. This layer of defense will surely hold it off from advancing.

Phobic comments. <I would advise that we investigate the nature of this entity ourselves before we start attacking. I'm going to manifest a psionic entity; do not be alarmed by it. By the nature of its form, we may be able to learn about how the Giant thinks.>

Phobic invokes its Fear Animus ability to attempt to manifest a physical embodiment of the Giant's fears. Phobic orders said embodiment to stay still and take no action.

Phobic Use [Fear Animus], trying to invoke any representation of the creature's fear. Unfortunately Phobic wasn't able to detect any presence of intelligence or sentience within this range. Phobic tries to scan if there's any sign of brain though at this location is seemingly unlikely due to the mass and volume of the creature. Maybe getting close to the head would make this work.

Walking up to the giant, Gax pokes it with a finger.

"We sure this thin' is a bad guy right? Don' look like much ta me."

"I suppose you can't see the horrifying stature from this up close. This thing has.. a mouth.. like those creatures from the forest that loves to eat people. It's safe to say that this thing will do the same like those creatures." Lakar monologues.

"Well this thing is bigger than I expected, I don't think I'll be of much help as a shotgun and a pistol probably aren't going to hurt this thing much if at all."

"Hm.. I guess so... We didn't expect this thing to be this big. Mr lakar sir! Do you have any clue about this creature or have you tried to hurt this thing at all before?"

"We... Have.. but the creature seem to regenerate any damage in a rapid speed. Burning it or using any fire weapon does no effect on it's body. We tried using molotov before but it didn't put any scratch on it."

"Is there anything else?"

Lakar browse his pocket when he remembered about additional clue. "We found this journal alongside with this thing a month ago when we found this creature. Here you go."

After handing Jhuni the deserted journal. She quickly scans every major part about what is contained in the book. "Oh dear... this language is a bit ancient... It's from the Xiya religion. Let me have a sec." She continued scanning the journal. After doing so, she tries to explain this to everyone within the radius. "This creature is... It's a giant lockjaw. This is a manifesto written by a person named rudy. He mentioned that after his home was destroyed by the dark lord, 'He swore to doom this world by the lord's name'. Or so he wrote. Knowing that this is a lockjaw, it's safe to assume that this thing hasn't eaten for how many years by now. Had we not came here sooner this thing would have grown bigger."

After carefully assessing the situation. Jhuni come to the following conclusion. "We need to attack where it's mouth is located. If we're able to feed it with something, surely it's mass will decrease."

The group continued towards where the head is currently located. Once you arrived, you see a house sized fangs wrapped around the giant's body. You see a hole between those fangs. It's so deep, you can barely see the inside of it.

Battle:

[New Objective: Feed it's mouth with something]

« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 12:21:17 am by Mahoroty »
Discord For forum rpg and stuffs

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2021, 12:43:06 am »

Phobic comments. <You say that feeding it would make it decrease in mass? That is the opposite of how things work from my home realm.>

Phobic invokes its Fear Animus ability to attempt to manifest a physical embodiment of the Giant's fears again at the new location, with orders to stay still and take no action.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2021, 12:54:46 am »

"I say we tie a few of those grenades of Mr. Mask's to that repugnant blue rat and throw it in there. That ought to be a win-win all around." Portalis says with a bored expression, arms still crossed.
Ear teeth

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2021, 01:47:19 am »

"Be happy to help with one.. can't see any reason not to give it a try, come to think of it."

"But it looks a little deep.  Anyone got a way to steady my aim a bit, maybe guide it in?"

"Do note that these things don't really exist.  They're just magic copies of a real one I have at home.  All the force, but there's no lasting substance to them."

Let Gax do his thing first, but if nothing good happens, toss a grenade in after.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 02:11:05 am by Devastator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2021, 01:56:48 am »

"Wait just a second before you start tossin' explosives. I'm standin' here. And I've got this magnet thing that'll probably screw up yer grenades and a good part o' my body if you try tossin' em past me."

Gax starts walking past back the barrier, readying his axe.

"An' I'm pretty sure we need ta feed 'em like food food. Dunno what you expect to get out o' a couple of tiny grenades. Gimme a minute and I can go cut down a tree or somethin' to jam down there."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2021, 02:10:29 am »

"Okay, okay.  Still don't see why feeding a baddie a grenade is a bad thing, but can let you do a tree if you want to do it first.  Doesn't seem to be moving or anything."

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2021, 02:15:25 am »

"Reversing the normal way of eating, eh?"
Mathel starts slinging stones into the opening.
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2021, 02:21:53 am »

"I say we toss the blue rat in there for good measure. I don't see how that could be a bad thing." Portalis glances at the blue rat in disgust.
Ear teeth

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2021, 02:23:38 am »

"Have it do that deluge thing while inside."

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2021, 02:32:45 am »

"Yeah..." Portalis grinned. "Better in there than outside."
Ear teeth
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10