Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 110866 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)
« Reply #1740 on: January 12, 2021, 08:13:55 pm »

Hydrachat.  We talked a lot on D1.

Cheers, webadict.  I know this was a stressful game and we were all worn out by the end but it was still a lot of fun, thanks for running it!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: January 12, 2021, 08:15:03 pm »

I'll admit I don't understand what world Leaf wasn't lynched on D3.  A quick analysis of EoD 1 would have found that flipped scum Jim was strongly against a Leaf counterwagon and kill-redirector FoU only hopped on the wagon as a token vote and bailed the moment it gained traction.
Yeah, that was probably my fault for letting my play slip at the end of D3, my bad.

One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 12, 2021, 08:16:08 pm »

lol, no, I'm just a bit too tired to post everything.

heydude6 was converted last Night. There was no longer a chance for Town to win.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: January 12, 2021, 08:16:19 pm »

I'll admit I don't understand what world Leaf wasn't lynched on D3.  A quick analysis of EoD 1 would have found that flipped scum Jim was strongly against a Leaf counterwagon and kill-redirector FoU only hopped on the wagon as a token vote and bailed the moment it gained traction.
Yeah, that was probably my fault for letting my play slip at the end of D3, my bad.
Is k lol, we all screwed up that game.  Lord knows I did many times over, and I didn't even get through two days.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 12, 2021, 08:20:48 pm »

And here I thought someone was going to kill me.

At least I managed to get all my Hats back. Not that it wins anything.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: January 12, 2021, 08:21:09 pm »

A world where Vector and Luckyowl both bought Fallacy's and Leaf's arguments against me, even if only temporarily. The amount of time I had to waste defending myself against nonsense was staggering.

I should have known something was up immediately when the guy who admitted to trying to manipulate me into killing town still accused me of being scum.

I learned a lot about spotting scum this game. I also think I've learned about how to make myself less of a target to scum. I'll probably try to lay low more in the future. I'm sure that the next time I play, I'll be a better player, but I don't know the next time I'll be willing to play.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: January 12, 2021, 08:22:14 pm »

I just want you to know that I really appreciate you running the game, Wuba. Take as much as a break as you need, matey. I hope y'all have fun reading the scumchat (it's over 600 posts long) once it's posted. It was a lot of fun.

Game was mechanically locked in favor of scum.  This isn't the first time I've seen the game end in a mafia win off maf lynch.
The role power abuse was real.

(I'm going to put Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 up before I go to sleep)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: January 12, 2021, 08:22:51 pm »

I just want you to know that I really appreciate you running the game, Wuba. Take as much as a break as you need, matey. I hope y'all have fun reading the scumchat (it's over 600 posts long) once it's posted. It was a lot of fun.

Game was mechanically locked in favor of scum.  This isn't the first time I've seen the game end in a mafia win off maf lynch.
The role power abuse was real.

(I'm going to put Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 up before I go to sleep)
You can post it too, y'know.

And yeah, all the chats were fucking huge this game.  Hydrachat was 266 and Deadchat was 393.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 12, 2021, 08:24:51 pm »

Mafia chat was over 600 posts

EDIT: Link: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/KF4qdxbhqSE

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: January 12, 2021, 08:25:34 pm »

Hrm. Sure.

scumchat, folks. Over 666 posts of plotting. I'm... still not sure when or where we got the Brewing Hat from.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: January 12, 2021, 08:26:16 pm »

Hrm. Sure.

scumchat, folks. Over 666 posts of plotting. I'm... still not sure when or where we got the Brewing Hat from.
Your rolename is cursed.

Edit: Shenanigans Level 6.9420...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: January 12, 2021, 08:27:17 pm »

4 players started with hats. I can post the BYOR document, because damn it'll be easier than anything else.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uxmPRnCdbEtUHMp6SxXSXeQ_WQ6F_j-uQIFrlZkaUbo/edit?usp=sharing

Oops, just checked and now it's 72 pages long.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: January 12, 2021, 08:28:34 pm »

Crazy game, Web. Crazy game. :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: January 12, 2021, 08:29:15 pm »

Wow. I'm reading that after I finish reading the chats.

4maskwolf, gosh darn you and your auto that stopped my fries from going out to more people. I just read where you pointed it out in the dead chat.

Crazy game, Web. Crazy game. :)
Notable games archive worthy?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: January 12, 2021, 08:30:02 pm »

This game was the most taxing game I have ever run. I have learned from my hubris! I will never again try to do something like this without a robot!
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 122