Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 111288 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 4 - You Definitely Screwed Up
« Reply #1650 on: January 09, 2021, 06:22:12 pm »

No, let’s not hammer yet. unvote

Someone tried to daykill me today, and I think they’ll succeed next day phase. (Probably the same person who day-killed 4maskwolf).

I want to discuss a game plan in the event that I won’t be around tomorrow, as well as put to rest any doubts about my innocence.

But I’ve been at this for a while, so I want to take a break and eat dinner first. Feel free to discuss things amongst yourselves until I return.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: January 09, 2021, 06:30:03 pm »

Note that I'm pretty sure I still have a No Bonk badge on me, so I can't kill in the first place. Otherwise Lucky would be the target since I still keep the extra vote.(I do not trust the owl.)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 09, 2021, 07:54:29 pm »

Guns don’t kill, they just remove HP. It’s the state of having 0 HP that kills the person. This allows for many shenanigans. I had a no-bonk equipped when I killed Vector.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 09, 2021, 07:55:08 pm »

If you were my scum buddy, I definitely would have told you that.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: January 09, 2021, 08:22:02 pm »

No clue whatsoever given I got beat up and roleblocked.
I... I received the information that my target was visited by you from Webadict. This is weird.

Nirur Torir: Are you going to tell us what LuckyOwl's day ability is then?

Well, the fact that he hasn't already been hammered implies, funnily enough, that we should hammer him?

Leafsnail, and I really hope I'm right about this.
I'm pretty sure I was wrong about the disclaimer on the end of my post- even with the excalibur shenanigans, scum can still hammer, even if leafsnail is one.

Pretty sure they won't if they can do a respectable townlynch at this point though - if I'd played such a gruelling game, I wouldn't leave town a chance.

But in any case stop voting, unless you want the day to end.

Mood, especially with the extra feelings of self-disgust. Pretty sure I've seen you win a game via much harder lurking than anything in the past day though... so this doesn't spark joy.

Reads. Mostly for me to figure out who I'm voting.

Ok, I think I've found something.

A mystery:  FoU says this, that they commented Tric, as their special one-shot was stolen. Tric appears to notice no effect from the comment - is this true, Tric? He should have noticed something being modified, from what I can tell of the "use comments" ability. Tric meanwhile visited LuckyOwl, or at least someone, as I know from my watch-protect-block ability.

Interpretation: either Tric is lying, or FoU somehowhijacked TricMagic, making them do something. Or someone somehow delayed Tric, I guess.

FoU: what alignment did you put in your comment?

Yeah, I know, trying to piece together this stuff will probably backfire harder than the Toaster thing, okay. I don't know what else to do.
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 09, 2021, 08:26:48 pm »

Oh... it may have been dead people too, via Vector-y stuff, though from posts it seems unlikely. Not sure what the dead wanted to do, tric has a lot of abilities claimed.
One wheel short of a wagon

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 09, 2021, 08:31:45 pm »

Well, it's something at least.

I put the town alignment in my comment.

In the, uh, interests of full disclosure though, I named Tric's role as 'The Hat Kid' when I sent in my action, so if it's just 'Hat Kid', that could have caused it to not do anything. I really should have double-checked. If it did do something, it would probably be cat-flavored.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: January 09, 2021, 09:13:34 pm »

Leafsnail is scum. He's been in hammering range for too long to not be, and votes are too easily excused. I'm not yet voting to extend the day, and in case decide to lynch scumdude.

Nirur Torir: Are you going to tell us what LuckyOwl's day ability is then?
It was his cheer that let's someone act twice.

If you were my scum buddy, I definitely would have told you that.
More wifom. "I can't possibly be scum, because I would be talking to you in scum chat."
But scum both of you know this, and could have trivally set that up. Your constant WIFOM proves nothing, other than that the only possible way you can think of arguing is with an insanity plea. "I'd be insane to do that as scum, so I'm townie, so I'm safe from the lynch."
Since scum wants to be safe from the lynch, this is something scum would happily do.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: January 09, 2021, 11:25:59 pm »

I activate hold-out blaster.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: January 09, 2021, 11:40:58 pm »

I activate hold-out blaster.
Leafsnail pulls out a Hold-Out Blaster and points it wildly at everyone.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: January 09, 2021, 11:58:04 pm »

Wait, what? Isn't that one of the tech items we saw in Jim's flip?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: January 10, 2021, 12:04:10 am »

Jim had two tech items. One that he started the game with and another that he created during his first night action. Jim revealed the scanner, but there was always one item that was unaccounted for. I guess he passed it along to his buddy Leafsnail.

Everyone should note that I was the person who pushed for Leafsnail's lynch the hardest today, though I don't think it would have been able to happen without Tric's help.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: January 10, 2021, 12:25:59 am »

Jim had two tech items. One that he started the game with and another that he created during his first night action. Jim revealed the scanner, but there was always one item that was unaccounted for. I guess he passed it along to his buddy Leafsnail.
Yeah, I can see that being the case.

Everyone should note that I was the person who pushed for Leafsnail's lynch the hardest today, though I don't think it would have been able to happen without Tric's help.
I find it disconcerting how much you emphasize and fixate on your own towniness, though.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: January 10, 2021, 12:32:50 am »

Unvote for now. Yeah, Leafsnail's obviously scum, but as far as I know, if we lynch him he'll shoot one of us, which I'd rather not have happen.

I protected Heydude6. My protection only protects those who have the same alignment as me. When I protected Jim "nothing happened" but when I protected Heydude6 something actually happened.

I think I'd like some more information on this. LuckyOwl: what do you mean by 'something actually happened'?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: January 10, 2021, 12:45:21 am »

I find it disconcerting how much you emphasize and fixate on your own towniness, though.

We're at LYLO. Scum know exactly who each other are and will coordinate privately. Town cannot. Scum only needs to convince one town member to believe their narrative in order to win the game (though Excalibur has given us a bit of slack in that regard). Their current narrative was that I was scum, and I saw first-hand how hard they were willing to push it.

You have to fight it hard. The town needs people they can trust. I'm trying to convince them that Trickmagic and I are those people.

I will give more detailed arguments for our innocence tomorrow. Right now I need to sleep.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 122