Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Last Ember [Turn 0: The Ashen Wastes]  (Read 4967 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Ember [Turn 0: The Ashen Wastes]
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2020, 08:58:37 am »

"You...We...I don't think we ought make preparations to stay here too long."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2020, 06:57:33 pm »

First batch of starting goodies are here.

You each start with 16 Points to spend on personal selections. These are things which are innate to you; favored champions, loyal followers, materials you have on hand. You'll get a chance to purchase things you acquired or kept for the express purpose of this journey later. Note that unchosen selections here may show up again in public selections, so even if you don't pick something here you might see (or even acquire it) later on.

The item in brackets indicates how much you get for each point spent. Fractions denote that you need to spend multiple points to get one full item. Spending less than this is possible but will result in it being damaged or inactive in some manner.

There are three categories.

Divines and Heroes are NPCs with stats and motivations just like you. They will tend to obey your orders, but may become surly or disobedient if they feel they are being worked too hard or not compensated properly. Left to their own devices, most such entities will pool their stats into longterm projects designed to give them what they want. Note that mortal heroes are considerably more volatile than gods, willing to take big risks and aim high in ways most divines wouldn't dream of.
Retinues and Followers are mortal throngs following you around. Under normal circumstances, mortals will tend to their own affairs well enough, but do better overseen by a taskmaster. Out here, you are uncertain how things will work.
Artifacts and Materials are physical possessions, typically equipment of great power or raw materials to create such. The latter is often measured in wagons, which are mortal wagons carrying about enough to make a solid statue of an average-sized god from.

Spoiler: The Last (Glass) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arashkal (Nakeen) (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2020, 07:36:49 pm »

Divines and Heroes 6
2pts: [1 Strength, 1 Wisdom] Shy Ashulak Crown Prince
Arashkali, my son and heir. He seems to have taken a bit too much from his mother, yet he still shows promise as a future Ashen Lord. I will nurture his ambitions, while reminding him of his position in regard to mine.

2pt: [2 Strength] Giant War Centipede
My beloved mount, Kuari! How adorable it is when it bisects my enemies...

2pt: [4 Spirit] Hateful Jadeblood Concubine
Ah yes, Igniale, the beautiful and proud Jadeblood princess of Nedia. Known for her wiles and intelligence, she proves a useful servant, and her sight brings me with pride as I recall crushing her fool of a father. She doesn't hide her contempt for my kind and my rule, not that I care. She is wise enough to know what rebelling against would mean, and the fact she hasn't taken her life yet means part of her has already submitted.

Retinues and Followers 6
1pt: [300 Tribesmen] Calm Ash-Husk Tribesmen
1pt: [200 Warriors] Patient Ash-Husk Savages
4pt: [200 Elite Warriors] Furious Ash-Husk Gladiators

Artifacts and Materials 4
2pts: 1 Crown of the Ashen Lords
1pt: [1 Collar] Collar of Dominion
1pt: [10 Wagons] Hatestone
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 01:13:31 pm by Nakéen »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2020, 09:20:43 pm »

Divines and Heroes: 9
3: [3 Finesse] Patient Stoneling Lich Stonecarver
My oldest livi- ah, extant disciple, Terliact. He wasn't around to see our decline - he was but a babe, then - but perhaps the last and best example of what my precious Stonelings once were. It simply wouldn't have done to allow him to be swept away like so much junk in this rending!
3: [3 Wisdom] Humble Jadeblood Exile Engineer
For all the arrogance of his kind, I must say that Johannit is quite the breath of fresh air - he doesn't even make a big deal out of his legitimate accomplishments! He's proven himself quite the fine apprentice; he'd be a credit to his kind, if they weren't so short-sighted as to make him outcast. But no matter; their loss is my gain - and what a gain he's been!
3: [3 Strength] Humble Brasskin Miner
She... ah, I believe they're a 'she'? Honestly, I'm not quite sure; they must have been ancient even when I was but a godling. I tried asking her name, but she wouldn't respond. Decided to call her 'Auric'; it seemed fitting, and she's never complained.

Retinues and Followers:: 4
1: 300 Cowardly Stoneling Tribesmen
Ah, how the great races fall. A poor showing; a few millennia ago, even the least of my people would have been a crafter on par with the greatest of each other race. Alas, the machinations of those damned pewters laid their society low. No matter. We're the ones who are still alive.
1: 200 Ambitious Whitefang Smiths
Er... well, they're smiths, at least. They're... distasteful to me, in full honesty, though at least their location among my entourage makes them easier to watch than the rest of their kind; I mostly trust Johannit to supervise them, keep them from doing anything especially devious, though I still make sure they work under the view of my metallurgists. Their own metalworking traditions are useful, as well; some of their unique techniques have merit to them. Alloys, impure as they are, do always prove their value.
2: 100 Ambitious Stoneling Metallurgists
Ahahaha, these are the heirs to the old Stoneling craftlords! Yes, yes, diminished they may be, but do you see how they work, how they ever push the boundaries? These are the vectors of progress, purveyors of the new, trailblazers of the cutting edge! It is unfortunate that the incisive focus they wield is forged of greed, though; for all that it pushes them forward quite nicely, it too often cuts them down just as quickly. But alas, it will take time and effort to recast them in more favorable materials; for now, their greed will - hopefully - keep them alive and productive.

Artifacts and Materials: 3
1: [10 Wagons] Floatstone
'Blasphemous'? Bah, the Silverbloods just didn't want to have to share the skies with mortals, selfish prats. We had whole cities carved from floatstone back in the day, and the great stonecarving families craved it, made some of their finest works from it! Terliact's mother was the last of the great sky-masons, actually; they were all hunted down to ground my people. Disgusting, selfish bastards, let the mortals know that their true limits lie farther than simply the cloudscape.
2: [2 Wagons] Hungerite
Quite the fascinating substance, this. You have to be quite careful with it, kept away from the mortals until it's stabilized; they tend to make quite the mess when their souls get pulled out their asses. Aside from that, though, it's really rather a useful material, excellent for recapturing heat, and especially for releasing it as usable energy! I've seen a fair few perpetual kinetics mechanisms made from these, though they're not as useful as they sound, no matter what anyone might tell you.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 09:54:43 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2020, 04:35:27 am »

Two more down, two more and group purchases to go.
Spoiler: Howldyne (dgr) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yog-Har (Prophet) (click to show/hide)

A few more figures- many of them smaller than the gods present- filter into the room. A shuffling sound can be heard from The Ashen's giant centipede as it coils through the halls.

The two most noticeable are a smaller version of Arashkal and a beautiful Jadeblood woman. The former seems to find a spot to sit behind his father and out of the way, but keeps a keen eye on the proceedings. The latter finds a prominent place to sit at Arashkal's side, then sneers at everyone present and pointedly ignores the whole affair.

The Last's minions are considerably more vocal, if only to him. His divine Jadeblood engineer stands patiently- if with some difficulty on the slanted floor- behind and to The Last's side with a wax tablet and stylus, scribbling and smoothing out brief designs relevant to the conversation.

The last figure does something very odd. An undead Stoneling- a highly polished, exoskeletal husk- drops an object into The Last's hand. It's a ring, made of what appears to be polished ash.

"The ash behaves more like clay than stone," it explains, "but it's workable either way. What's strange is that you can harden and polish it with your bare hands. I don't know why, but just rubbing it seems to smooth out and strengthen it."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 01:38:45 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2020, 09:18:13 am »

Ah, does it now? Quite curious, quite curious. Quite useful as well! We won’t be short for construction materials here, even if they be lacking the solidity of true stone. Do you know if it retains this strength over time, or does it mayhaps weaken after having been left alone? We will need to study it further. A good job, though, a good job indeed!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2020, 11:21:42 am »

Divines and Heroes: 7
2 points: [2 Wisdom] Vengeful Jadeblood Heretic: I swear on the sun, I'm not letting you out of my sight till you promise you're not going to do something stupid and get into a fight with the others until we've settled out here a bit.
2 points: [2 Wisdom] Paranoid Jadescale Summoner: Good luck out here. Your summoning while useful, has the potential to be a problem.
3 points:[3 Strength] Serene Stitched Colossus: Best creation right here. Couldn't ever leave this guy behind.
Retinues and Followers: 4
1 point [300 Slaves] Vengeful Glowcoil Breeders: Is it better if I promise to give you to a god who gives a crap about you guys? I still might harvest you, but honestly I harvest everyone. You're just the fastest breeding and most compatible.
1 point [200 Laborers] Haughty Jadescale Miners: I don't care what you want, we're in the middle of the goddamn ashen wastes, stop asking for better living conditions until we've got everything settled.
2 points [100 Elites] Lazy Jadescale Surgeons: Always good to have some skilled surgeons.
Artifacts and Materials: 5
1 point [1 Urns] Dragonflesh: For a rainy day.
2 points [2 Souls] Demon Soul: Ah yes, these, I was meaning to stitch them into the reactor, never got around to it.
2 points:[10 Wagons] Soulsteel: Still need to figure out how to make this stuff, it's quite useful.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 11:25:50 am by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2020, 01:14:37 pm »

Ah, does it now? Quite curious, quite curious. Quite useful as well! We won’t be short for construction materials here, even if they be lacking the solidity of true stone. Do you know if it retains this strength over time, or does it mayhaps weaken after having been left alone? We will need to study it further. A good job, though, a good job indeed!
Terliact shrugs nonchalantly. "I haven't polished anything long enough ago to say. I'm sure we'll find out eventually."

A pair of mortals join Howldyne, quietly bickering between themselves over when it'll be safe to begin practicing foul sorceries. This draws attention to the looming yet perfectly still figure that's been behind him the whole time, stitched together of flesh and stone and barely fitting under the ceiling.

"Boss, what are we doing here?" the Jadeblood whispers, rather irreverently.
"That thing could come back at any moment!" the Jadescale insists, likewise in a hushed tone.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2020, 01:39:15 pm »

Divines and Heroes 4 pt
2pt [2 Finesse] Noble Whitefang Assassin: This Whitefang god suffered a similar exile to you, and took up a similar path of vengeance. He's unusually principled for a Pewter Assassin, which may explain why he failed in the first place, but at least makes him trustworthy and good for your image.

2pt [2 Spirit] Gullible Sandspawn Bard: This bizarre creature is a Sandspawn, the generic name for any of the peculiar mutants, monsters, and unknowable terrors lurking in the sands outside civilization. This particular specimen resembles the upper torso of a Jadeblood mounted onto a giant scorpion, but favors song and story over crushing foes in battle. She's also bafflingly naive for a dune-thing, soaking in the embellished version of your exile without question and generally believing (and then writing songs about) everything she hears.

Retinues and Followers 8pt
2pt [600 Slaves] Greedy Ash-Husk Warfodder: These Ash-Husk runts are little more than faceless mooks for champions to look good cutting down, but they are enthusiastic and numerous runts at that. Perhaps befitting creatures without long to live, they are grasping and rapacious, seizing shiny object and delicious meal alike with vicious zeal.

2pt [400 Skirmishers] Gluttonous Whitefang Hunters: These gluttonous hunters may not be the pinnacle of their kind, but one cannot remain well fed in the desert without impressive skills. They are also shameless cannibals, which makes them especially motivated hunting two-legged prey.

4pt [200 Elite Warriors] Honest Faceless Blasphemers: These golden-masked warriors are your army's elite core, fighting fearlessly and then vanishing into the sands when defeated. Few know and all suspect the terrible truth- the masks are the warriors, their bodies made of sand. You don't know where they came from and you don't care- what matters is that they enjoy killing mortals and drinking their blood, and cannot be slain through normal methods.

Artifacts and Materials 4pt
1pt [200 Cloaks] Sandsilk Cloaks: These beige cloaks slowly shift to the apparent color and texture of their environment, protect against extreme temperatures, and allow their bearer to move through sand with almost no resistance. Crafted from the silk of great desert spiders, you are unsure how well they fare in other environments.

1pt [200 Braces] Stonevine Javelins: Carved from the giant seeds of a particular tree, these javelins afflict victims with a spreading affliction of stone growths, gradually petrifying them. While it is possible to treat such wounds before it is too late, they are nonetheless a feared and effective weapon.

2pt [2/2 Cauldron] Cauldron of Regret: This amethyst cauldron can be brought to a boil to shackle its victim's soul to an object, be it their own head, a gemstone, or something more exotic. Victims retain full awareness of their surroundings and the ability to speak. They are typically resistant and stubborn regarding whoever murdered them and shackled their soul to a fork, but proper use of the cauldron also allows its bearer to inflict suffering or impose minor compulsions on its victims, providing additional motivation.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2020, 03:14:57 pm »

"Boss, what are we doing here?" the Jadeblood whispers, rather irreverently.
"That thing could come back at any moment!" the Jadescale insists, likewise in a hushed tone.
"What we're doing is working. I need you two on your best behavior. We need to check the reactor and log all the anomalies, any that could be a problem or of use. Once we're sure the reactor is gonna keep working I'll wire it up to some systems I'll be working on while you do that. Kumpel (The stitched colossus), guard the castle and smash anyone and anything that causes trouble. "
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 06:20:32 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2020, 05:25:49 pm »

"Before that, will we be setting up here then? With the knoweldge of a building material at our fingertips, as it were, I would take others to begin building houses and walls. I believe we have miners as well? I wonder what lies beneath this ash..."

"I happen to have brought Skystone with me as well. It could allow us to set up a veil as a first line of defense. So a beacon that works with it must not give away our position so easily."

Divines and Heroes 7
Quote from: 0 Points
[- Spirit] Lazy Glowcoil Courtesan: Like many of her kind, this divine Glowcoil is talented at providing companionship, though this particular specimen is also lazy and prefers relaxing and luxuriating to work of any description. You liberated her from her former master for a tidy sum, but like a depressing number of former slaves she doesn't seem to have particularly minded being a slave or have any loftier ambitions than pampering new masters.
Ah, Lady Caleo. she is good for warmth on cold nights, and doesn't have any real ambition. The perfect concubine. While I do wish she had loftier goals.. Well, she didn't really want to come out into the wastes, and I couldn't really convince her. C'est la vie. Perhaps she survived somehow.

Quote from: 4 Points
[4 Strength] Compassionate Glowcoil Gladiator: This kind-hearted divine Glowcoil was forced to fight in the arenas, where she became famous for having more regard for her opponent's safety than her own. Like many of the slaves you liberate, she remains incredibly cheerful and kind despite her hardships. Unlike many of the slaves you liberate, she does have an edge of bitterness about her as a result of seeing (or being forced to participate in) too many hapless lives ruined and ended to the mirthless laughter of cruel gods.
Vtopiæ Vexarentur, a true Champion of the Glowcoils. While we may have our differences, you won't find a greater advocate for peace and prosperity anywhere. Not that the old gods cared. (To be honest, it is always a good idea to have muscle on hand, strength is sometimes needed where plots fail.)

Quote from: 3 Point
[3 Finesse] Stubborn Jadeblood Thief: This mortal is a master of liberating possessions from their owners, but quite a bit more stubborn and determined than you'd expect from such a profession. It's also made him quite smitten with you, which is both advantageous and troublesome depending on the circumstances. So long as he continues to receive and feel he is building towards greater affections from you, he should be passionately loyal; but you've seen (and murderously leveraged) the boundless rage of jilted lovers firsthand.
Ah Saivanti, I knew thee well. You were instrumental in the defeat of those divines. Sad that you did not survive, but I'll remember you.
I jest, I jest. You've been useful multiple times. I still remember the days of my ascension when you betrayed Prime-Ash-Husk. Reviving you was a bit troublesome, but worth it. I hope you continue to serve me well.

Retinues and Followers 5
Quote from: 3 Point
[900 Slaves] Trusting Glowcoil Slaves: These naive Glowcoil have had their shackles removed, but are still slaves at heart. They possess no real skills beyond unquestioning toil for their masters, and are frighteningly convinced that everything that happens is part of some master plan of yours.
My Glowcoil followers. It is they which have sustained me, and I who have sustained them. They are worth more than any gemstones in the world.

Quote from: 1 Point
[200 Artists] Treacherous Glowcoil Glassworkers: These swindling glassworkers are considerably more cutthroat and mercenary than usual for their kind (and still considerably better than any of the master races). While their lower tolerance for furnace heat makes them worse than the master races at working glass, their beautiful souls make them considerably better artists with it.
Glassworkers from the Askan Askral, City of Glass. Perhaps this ash can be turned to glass under their skilled hands and beautiful souls. At the least, there will always be a market for beauty, and their abilities and lack of competition will serve all of us well.

[50 Elite Performers] Ambitious Glowcoil Lovers: These Glowcoil are desire incarnate, masters of not only the bedroom and pampering arts, but of music, poetry, conversation, and most importantly reading people and then giving them whatever it is they want. Turns out when everyone else is a self-absorbed monster, good people make the best companions. Unlike far too many of their kind, these possess ambition and cunning to suit their skills, determined to leverage their way to something greater than some wealthy bastard's pillow.
Glowcoils after my own heart. It is they who helped form the basis of my plot against those gods, and while destruction has come for them, they are still capable of rising. Who knows, maybe one day someone will rise to become a champion. In spirit, they are much better than Lady Caleo, and can keep morale up.

Artifacts and Materials 4
[5 Wagons] Skystone: This beautiful translucent black stone is dotted with multicolored points of light resembling the night sky. In addition to its raw beauty, it has an affinity for illusions and dreams, and even mortal craftsmen have been known to make mystic tools or artifacts attuned to these uses.
While jewels are not as valuable as my worshippers, Skystone is suited to creating mirages. I have worked with it often as an alternative to divine power, and it can fool even the gods. Out here, it may prove the best defense is not being noticed in the first place. The invaders could pass right by us none the wiser.

Quote from: 3 Points
[3/3 Spear] Lance of Cold Answers: This spear possesses a long emerald head and gold-and-sapphire shaft. It halves the gap in combat strength against anything holding you in contempt. In the old world, this was fairly literally everything.
The Lance of Cold Answers. When all hold you in contempt, this artifact is truly powerful. Which tends to be all my enemies. Needless to say, their strength, finesse, wisdom, spirit, none of it matters in the face of the Truth.

Quote from: 0 Points
[0 Wagons] Assorted Raw Gemstones: While not the most practical or glamorous find, raw gemstones are nonetheless valuable, pretty, and often useful in advanced or mystic arts.
Sadly, when it came to a decision between food and seed vs jewels, my followers win every time.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 06:08:12 pm by TricMagic »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2020, 03:34:02 pm »

Apologies for the delay, there have been Technical DifficultiesTM.
Spoiler: Thakk Kal (Criptfeind) (click to show/hide)

"What we're doing is working. I need you two on your best behavior. We need to check the reactor and log all the anomalies, any that could be a problem or of use. Once we're sure the reactor is gonna keep working I'll wire it up to some systems I'll be working on while you do that. Kumpel (The stitched colossus), guard the castle and smash anyone and anything that causes trouble. "
"It's tainted!" your Jadescale Summoner shriek-whispers urgently. "I told you it'd become fouled by the energies of this place! It's probably luring in worms as we speak!"

Your Jadeblood Heretic snorts derisively. "This is what happens when you tamper with the unnatural. It's a power source, nothing more. Beasts have no more hunger for it than they do understanding."

"Blind to the world around you as to the law! It's doom! DOOM I SAY!"

She snarls in response. "If you weren't such a coward, you'd have conjured your own guardian to challenge this beast by now. Don't lecture me on mindless, cowardly vermin if you insist on being one!"

It would seem they have glossed over your request for their best behavior.

"Before that, will we be setting up here then? With the knoweldge of a building material at our fingertips, as it were, I would take others to begin building houses and walls. I believe we have miners as well? I wonder what lies beneath this ash..."

"I happen to have brought Skystone with me as well. It could allow us to set up a veil as a first line of defense. So a beacon that works with it must not give away our position so easily."

"I don't think we should set up here," Saivanti cautions. "It's not defensible, there's no obvious resources... we should find a way to keep moving until we find a place worth working for."

"I don't think there are any such places out here," Vtopiæ rejoins kindly.

"There's gotta be something somewhere."

"'A field of bones has no end,'" she quotes sadly. To give you an idea how taskmaster society works, it's a reference to being brought out to be killed in a field of bones, and thinking well, maybe they won't add you to the pile. Needless to say, that's why there's a field.

The strange half-Jadeblood, half-scorpion brought by Yog-Har begins strumming a peculiar tune in the corner, many legs unperturbed by the slanted floor.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2020, 05:21:31 pm »

Shopping Theme

Divines and Heroes
2 Pts - Stubborn Little Brother. "Brother, you are an idiot. The whole family secret was staying away from the front lines. I still love you though."
4 Pts - Alien Enameled Horror. "Mr. Stars, how fares the sand soup?"

Retinue and Followers
5 pts - Craven Whitefang Javelineers. "What's our motto comrades?" "BEST URCHIN FARMERS ON DRYLAND!"
2 pts - Peculiar Flower-Husk Sappers. "Free soup for the first one to breach the walls!"

Artifact and Materials
1 pts - Flawless Opal Egg. "I'd prefer a pair."
2 pts [2/2] - Willdrinker. "Slaves for the slavetent, brands for the branding stool."

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2020, 06:12:43 pm »

(Gunna go ahead and steal Trics formatting since I like to so much)

After a long deliberation spent staring into air and stroking his beard Thakk spoke out slowly. "Although I would be loath to stay here if there is a more suitable location to set ourselves upon within a reachable distance, it must be considered that we have journeyed for long and found nothing of the sort. I think it would be most wise to let those who are skilled at such things search for a new home, as the rest of us make preparations to live what remains of our lives in this spot... If a better land is found, we can endeavor to move, but we must be ready for the possibility that this will be our final resting place."

Divines and Heroes: 5
Quote from: 0 points
[0 Wisdom] Cynical Jadescale Sage: This Jadescale god is well versed in all manner of lore, albeit with a cynical outlook on life that sees him charge even the needy for his services.
Alas, many of Thakks divine relatives were left behind, unable or unwilling to leave their post. Their knowledge and skills will be sorely missed in the new world, but Thaak will have to persevere, as only he remembers them now.

Quote from: 3 points
[3 Finesse] Impatient Ash-Husk Bonesmith: The son of a truly ancient bonecarver who would appease the spirits of the dead by memorializing them, this Ash-Husk is in a hurry to match his father's skill and impact on the world. His talents in shaping chitin and bone are remarkable, but he lacks the patience and wisdom of old age.
Graal the Elder was an old acquaintance of Thalk Kal. Over the years they had known each other they had collaborated many times working to put stubborn spirits to rest. The fact that the Elder was not with Thakk on this day was a great tragedy, but the survival of his scion Graal the Younger was suitable consolation. Even if his temperament was at odd with Thakks own more often then not, the Jadescale could find no fault in his skills.

Quote from: 2 points
[2 Spirit] Fiery Jadeblood Herald: This Jadeblood god is adept at tending to and inspiring mortals, soothing and rallying them with wisdom and promises of the gods. He's quick to anger at injustice and speaks a great deal of the wrath and justice of the gods as well.
The newest Member of Thakk entourage. Thakk found Jan Balmer at the start of his preparations for the end of the world. Drawn to the righteous god, Thakk managed to convince him of the coming end of the world, and that his passion and justice would be needed in the times to come. Although the younger gods Fiery nature can bring him in conflict with the slow moving Jadescale, he speaks and leads with a passion that Thakk himself can only most vaguely recall having long ago and offers Thakk an invigoration that he sometimes sorely misses.

Retinues and Followers: 6
[900 Rabble] Cowering Mixed Beggars: This skittish rabble is drawn from all races and walks of life, united only in current desperation. They are particularly wary of those better off than themselves, many having experience with being treated as vermin or worse.
As the end of the world drew neigh endless numbers of mortals found themselves loosing everything in the chaos. Thakk and Jan were only able to save a very scant few of these doomed wretches. The Jadescale god has no idea if he will be able to preserve their life outside of the world, but he is committed to the attempt.
Quote from: 2 point
[400 Scholars] Paranoid Jadescale Chroniclers: These scribes are tasked with recording the stories of both the living and the dead. One might question how well the blind can write, but Jadscale imprints are much more compact (if nebulous) than more visual forms of record-keeping. They take their work perhaps a bit too seriously, as the dead have been known to haunt those who profane their memories with mistakes.
Thakks horde of scholars, recalled from all over the world as Thakk prepared to leave creation. These number represent the last of his family.
Quote from:  1 point
[50 Elite Artisans] Humble Jadescale Embalmers: These skilled artisans are able to masterfully prepare and preserve the dead in a variety of styles. Despite this, they view themselves as mere guides, helping others pass from one life to another.
The elite of Thakks followers. Many of these artisans have followed Thakk on his journey though the world for decades, some of them for significantly longer. This is most likely their final trek together, but there is no one else Thakk would make it with.

Artifacts and Materials: 5
Quote from: 1 points
[15 Wagons] Ghostbone: The bones from various, mostly large creatures imbued with spirit energy. They glow with ghostly power, and are well attuned to uses involving the dead.
The disquiet spirits of these bones disturb Thakk, but the only danger greater than carrying them with him on this journey would be to leave them behind for someone else to take charge of.
[1 Phial] Phial of Boundless Death: There are many strange forces and objects in the underworld, and moreso when one knows where to look. This one is particularly unsettling, an onyx phial stoppered with glowing diamond. When unstoppered, the ruthless black energies of the phial may be unleashed as its bearer wills, lashing through life and light with horrifying vigor.
An ancient artifact, the location of which was gleaned from the memory of a long dead lord after Thaak memorized the lives of his numerous offspring. Dangerous, but this new world is filled with danger.
Quote from: 1 points
[1 Seed] Spectral Seed: Crystalline trees grow in some regions of the underworld, where the press of souls is strong and the barrier between worlds becomes murky. Most struggle to understand their nature and purpose, but you understand all too well- they are conduits, grown from the tread of souls along their trunk and the dance of emotions within their boughs. This makes each tree unique and explains the difficulty in classifying them, as well as granting them special properties and uses. Few know how to grow new trees from seeds, but you are among them.
Thakk does not know what will await them in this world outside of the world, but he can only hope for survival. Perhaps someday life may flourish out in the wastes beyond the world. Thakk guards this precious seed closely against that day, for when life flourishes, death will as well and the crystal trees will have a chance to grow again.

Apologies for the delay, there have been Technical DifficultiesTM.

Ah, don't worry too much. This sort of creative writing game seems like it'd require a lot of work to write it all to a high standard. I'm sure we all understand if things take a while.

Edit: Can't believe I misspelled my characters name like 20 times in this post. Don't post long roleplaying game posts when distracted cooking I guess >.>
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 12:29:01 pm by Criptfeind »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2020, 03:13:56 am »

Alright, last batch of goodies. Everyone has 8 points to spend on them. These represent things you didn't necessarily have on hand or wouldn't have automatically taken with you anywhere, but decided to seek out or preserve anyway. As such, they are less firmly tied to you than your personal selections.

In addition, you may purchase anything from anyone's personal selections. These items are still less familiar or tightly bound to you than if purchased during the personal selection phase. In addition, purchases from someone else's list are assumed to have involved them in large part; depending on your exact understanding with each other, this may make them feel entitled to a share of it.

With your minions having had time to take stock of the situation, everyone receives an update on pressing concerns.
Spoiler: The Last (Glass) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arashkal (Nakeen) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Howldyne (dgr) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yog-Har (Prophet) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thakk Kal (Criptfeind) (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6