Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: New Worlds (ISG)  (Read 9206 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: New Worlds (ISG)
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2020, 08:00:23 am »

About to start a dangerous and possibly top secret mission, so I'm not at liberty to say.

(Optional) Character Background / World-building: What does Johnny know about the surface world?
That it is a dangerous and hostile place, filled with such monsters as bark thing, stripy thing, two legged thing, and many more horrible monsters.

+1 to the sexy and mysterious message. Johnny has never used an emoji, and he isn't about to start.

Don't get me started on the surface - large flat circles all over the place, covered in checkered fabrics. Mysterious knife-weilding men in white coats and silly hats. And most dangerous of all - steel buckets of boiling water. But every once in a while you can find buttery cheesy bread that is worth more than gold back home.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2020, 11:34:06 am »

About to start a dangerous and possibly top secret mission, so I'm not at liberty to say.

(Optional) Character Background / World-building: What does Johnny know about the surface world?
That it is a dangerous and hostile place, filled with such monsters as bark thing, stripy thing, two legged thing, and many more horrible monsters.

+1 to the sexy and mysterious message. Johnny has never used an emoji, and he isn't about to start.

Don't get me started on the surface - large flat circles all over the place, covered in checkered fabrics. Mysterious knife-weilding men in white coats and silly hats. And most dangerous of all - steel buckets of boiling water. But every once in a while you can find buttery cheesy bread that is worth more than gold back home.
Don’t forget the large wasps. Their larvae have been seen breaking out of various species

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 12:17:49 am »

"About to start a dangerous and possibly top secret mission, so I'm not at liberty to say."
Johnny replies to the text.

Another text soon comes from Cienna:
   "Wow, that sounds exciting! Good luck, call me when you have time! "

Johnny makes the rest of the flight preparations, and a screen soon pops up displaying the captain - it's time to take off.

"Alright slackers, time to get this show on the road. In case you've forgotten about the briefing from 10 minutes ago, the target location is Croid 7, unexplored surface sector to the northeast. Lets hope our pilot still remembers how to fly this thing. Take us up, Johnny!"

Johnny readies the ship and initiates the lift off process, and the vessel soon begins heading to the surface of the water, eventually rising out of the ocean and going higher still into the air, engines blazing with state-of-the-art aquatech.

Johnny pilots the ship decisively, soon reaching the shore and beyond, into the surface world.

Traces of circular terrain patterns can be seen on the ground below, becoming more prominent as the ship flies further inland.

Great majestic steel artifacts soon appear in the foggy distance; within the hollow metallic objects, steam rises above boiling water. A giant wooden monster lumbers in the distance, fortunately far enough away to not be of immediate concern.

As the ship continues ahead, a pack of large winged creatures can soon be seen (and heard, buzzing) in the skies ahead.

The ship continues drifting towards the creatures, who look to be patrolling the area. It seems they haven't spotted the ship yet.

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2020, 05:06:57 am »

We should set the ship to stealth flying mode and ready our photon torpedoes ship's weapons in case they attack.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2020, 07:07:40 am »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2020, 08:23:14 am »

We should set the ship to stealth flying mode and ready our photon torpedoes ship's weapons in case they attack.
+1

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2020, 12:14:41 pm »

"It's getting crowded out there, everyone find somewhere to hang on!"

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2020, 12:11:39 pm »

Johnny sets the ship to stealth flying mode and readies the plankton torpedoes in case the buzzy surface dwellers attack.

"It's getting crowded out there, everyone find somewhere to hang on!"

The ship's coating soon begins to blend and blur into the surroundings as the wasps get nearer, a few of them bumping into the ship as they fly past.

"What is that out there? By Poseidon we're in the midst of a pack of avian surface dwellers!"

"Fascinating, I believe these are giant wasps. Their larvae have been seen breaking out of various other species. Extremely dangerous, but I do wish we could capture one and study it."
   Dr. Stephanie Prawning the ship's scientist comments.

[Roll: 1/20]

Wasps continue drifting past the ship, until suddenly one of the more haphazard fliers appears out of the blue and collides head on into the stealthed ship, causing a massive tremor on the inside of the ship.

"What was that!? Johnny??"

The crashing noise and the ship's blinking stealth field were all it took for the wasps to take notice, as many of them quickly begin surrounding the ship.

One of the wasps then dashes straight at the ship, but Johnny is ready with his claw already on the trigger.

[Roll: 9/20]

The plankton missile just barely hits the chaotically charging wasp, sending it tumbling away.

Other wasps quickly join the fray, preparing to attack as more continue to surround the ship.

"Get us outta here Johnny!..."

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2020, 04:13:03 am »

Things are going down we'd better put this thing into ludicrous speed and get out of dodge, also drop a few floating land depth charges behind us as we go.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2020, 05:52:29 am »

We gotta scoop up one of those wasps on the way out! Dr. Prawning can't be disappointed!

Activate the sky trawl.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2020, 07:59:08 am »

We gotta scoop up one of those wasps on the way out! Dr. Prawning can't be disappointed!

Activate the sky trawl.
then, after catching a wasp,
Things are going down we'd better put this thing into ludicrous speed and get out of dodge, also drop a few floating land depth charges behind us as we go.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2020, 08:46:19 am »

"Capture just one?! Doc, we'll be lucky if we don't get half a dozen up our backsides!"
*beat*
"That's why you need me: I make my own luck!"

Shake off the pursuit by making high stakes, high speed maneuvers around and between steam buckets.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2020, 09:30:00 am »

"Capture just one?! Doc, we'll be lucky if we don't get half a dozen up our backsides!"
*beat*

Shake off the pursuit by making high stakes, high speed maneuvers around and between steam buckets.

Hard to argue with this. +1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2020, 06:28:04 am »

*beat*

Hard to argue with this. +1
+1 While we travel at ludicrous speed and scoop up wasps!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2020, 11:23:38 am »

I was PMing MeimieFan88 and apparently we’re allowed to control other characters/create events in this game
Hmm my new ISG New Worlds was supposed to be a kind of successor to One World, although it's not exactly turning out that way. The style of images have been much easier to make, but the game has mostly been just controlling the main character and not much of creating events and controlling other characters like in One World.
With this in mind, one of the circular checker patterned things begins growing a stem corresponding to the center’s color
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8