Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: New Worlds (ISG)  (Read 9199 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
New Worlds (ISG)
« on: November 10, 2020, 06:55:11 am »

New Worlds (ISG)

Please Select Starting Main Character:

Character Name:

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Worlds (ISG)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 08:51:40 am »

J
Character Name: Jimmy Hatfield
Location: In an alley behind an abandoned office building in New York City.
Additional Character Info: The rent is too damn high and that's why we're homeless and have no shoes.

First step in our adventure should be to find some dang shoes.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 09:00:56 am »

B
Name: Johnny Lobster
Location: bridge of the exploration vessel Decapoda, waiting for a mission briefing
Additional Character Info:
Johnny is a considered a hotshot pilot with an outstanding service record during the Prawn Wars: most notably, bringing over 450 refugees home safely over the course of numerous runs behind enemy lines during the Wickerwork Incident. The notoriety has gone to his head, leading to bad habits of womanizing and mouthing off to his captain, Rufus Hardclaw III, but he can be relied upon in the pinch.

(I see Johnny's setting as a sort of marine-themed steampunk – think Captain Nemo and the Nautilus. Whether the titular "New Worlds" are above the sea or below it remains to be discovered...)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 12:57:31 pm »

J
Character Name: Jimmy Hatfield
Location: In an alley behind an abandoned office building in New York City.
Additional Character Info: The rent is too damn high and that's why we're homeless and have no shoes.

First step in our adventure should be to find some dang shoes.
+1 yes, the hobo furry seems funniest

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 09:22:56 pm »

B
Location: bridge of the exploration vessel Decapoda, waiting for a mission briefing
Johnny is a considered a hotshot pilot with an outstanding service record during the Prawn Wars: most notably, bringing over 450 refugees home safely over the course of numerous runs behind enemy lines during the Wickerwork Incident. The notoriety has gone to his head, leading to bad habits of womanizing and mouthing off to his captain, Rufus Hardclaw III, but he can be relied upon in the pinch.

(I see Johnny's setting as a sort of marine-themed steampunk – think Captain Nemo and the Nautilus. Whether the titular "New Worlds" are above the sea or below it remains to be discovered...)
+1 love the idea of sea creatures manning a ship. i do however think that it would be funny if they explored the surface in a plane, but acted like it was a ship

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 12:08:50 am »

B

+1 love the idea of sea creatures manning a ship. i do however think that it would be funny if they explored the surface in a plane, but acted like it was a ship

1+ Johnny Lobster the lobster with a snappy attitude!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 12:10:57 am »

L

Character Name: Shashkap L. Ant
Location: Morthan's Bar and Grill, ground floor of the Lindenbaker Hotel, Noctus City, Mars
Additional Character Info: A system-wide famed pianist, Shashkap is down on their luck after an unfortunate scandal about a racist rumor that they ate several competitors.  Currently employed to entertain hotel guests.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 09:50:51 am »

B

1+ Johnny Lobster the lobster with a snappy attitude!

Johnny Lobster is in the bridge of the exploration vessel Decapoda, waiting for a mission briefing. A screen soon pops up - it's Captain Rufus Hardclaw III. He looks stern, as usual.

"Johnny. Hope you got some decent sleep. This next mission could get pretty wild."

An image of a map pops up next to the captain.

"We're going to the surface world. And not just some outpost a few hundred segments in. We're going to Croid 7. Unexplored surface sector fourty megasegments inland. Further out than any lobster's been on the northeastern surface mass."

The captain continues unaffected.

"Mission's as usual - get a lay of the geography, look for any anomalies, collect samples and data, plant geo-markers, all the standard stuff. You just gotta take us there and back in one piece."

The captain suddenly looks more serious than before.

"This isn't a regular clip-n'-slip, so I need you at your best Johnny. There have been reports of unidentified surface-lurchers roaming around Onyzuris F. No telling what we'll find further out. So this ain't the time for shenanigans, you hear me?"

The captain takes a quick breath, as if already angry at some unsaid shenanigan.

"We'll be taking off in a short while. You got any questions for me Johnny?"

Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 07:42:35 am »

I think we're good lets start this mission.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2020, 04:07:53 am »

Got it sir, double the shenanigans when I get back though!

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2020, 07:21:04 am »

+1

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2020, 07:24:35 am »

+1

+1

A maverick like Johnny should probably be wearing aviator sunglasses.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2020, 03:36:21 am »

A maverick like Johnny should probably be wearing aviator sunglasses.
+1 We need the aviators, as they make us better pilots.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2020, 05:46:57 am »

"Got it sir, double the shenanigans when I get back though!"
Johnny quips to the captain, who looks more severe for a few seconds, before letting out a chuckle.

"Heh heh, let's say I'll give you a freebie if this all goes smoothly."
The captain then quickly gets back to business.

"We take off in 10 minutes. Make any last minute preparations and be ready by then."
The screen blips away as the captain signs off.

Johnny puts on his aviator sunglasses, equal parts fashion statement and practical utility.

Contrarian

Johnny's phone then beeps. He glances at it and sees a new text message from a Cienna Reeftail: "Hey, where are you? Why aren't you answering my messages?"

(Optional) Character Background / World-building: What does Johnny know about the surface world?
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2020, 07:53:41 am »

About to start a dangerous and possibly top secret mission, so I'm not at liberty to say.

(Optional) Character Background / World-building: What does Johnny know about the surface world?
That it is a dangerous and hostile place, filled with such monsters as bark thing, stripy thing, two legged thing, and many more horrible monsters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8