Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: New Worlds (ISG)  (Read 9189 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: New Worlds (ISG)
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2020, 10:40:33 pm »

I was PMing MeimieFan88 and apparently we’re allowed to control other characters/create events in this game
Yes. Although it hadn't been well implemented yet for this game, I had been wanting to create something similar to One World. So yes, feel free to control other characters/events and make basically any kind of suggestions you'd like. I'll leave a note about that in the update as well.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2020, 04:36:24 am »

Someone needs to tell us to do a barrel roll!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2020, 06:58:14 pm »

"Capture just one?! Doc, we'll be lucky if we don't get half a dozen up our backsides!"

*beat*

"That's why you need me: I make my own luck!"

Johnny proceeds to put the ship into ludicrous speed, but not before activating the sky trawl, as Dr. Prawning can't be disappointed.

The ship glows blue with intensity, before blasting forward through the line of barricading wasps, catching one of them in its windblown web while sending the others rolling away as more dash after the ship to give chase.

A high speed aerial pursuit ensues, with the Decapoda heading straight for the steam buckets. Around and between the metallic colossi the ship bolts, shaking off a wasp or two after each daring twist, but the pack does not relent.

Johnny makes a thrust upwards into the sky, the pursuers quick to follow, as he then twists back down, diving straight towards the rim of one of the buckets.

"JOHNNY!! YOU'RE GONNA GET US KILLEDDDD!!!"

Johnny then sharply turns at the last second right before hitting the rim, jerking the ship turbulently but without any damage.

"Interesting, that wasp we've caught in the sky trawl has a distinct marking on its mid-section. It seems to indicate a certain class that the individual belongs to within the wasp community. My curiosity is peaked about the depth of intelligence possessed by these creatures."

"Dr. Prawning, did you perhaps consider that this isn't the best time for one of your scientific ponderings!?"

"Right, apologies. Please continue with the high-speed chase."

Johnny makes another sharp turn, heading for the intersection between several of the buckets as the remaining wasps continue their vicious hunt.

Reaching the intersection, Johnny begins looping around the buckets, making a variety of figure eights in quick succession and dropping floating depth charges while at it, triggering on several of the overeager pursuers.

"Johnny, do a barrel roll!!"
   Says Steppy Clawson out of nowhere, the ship's engineer who had apparently gotten quite excited about the chase.

Johnny shrugs and performs the maneuver, causing a few random wasps to crash into each other in confusion.

The remaining wasps soon become visibly disoriented and exhausted, giving Johnny the chance to zoom out of the area into a clearing a safe distance away.

"Johnny, that... that was insane!!"
   The captain says angrily, but not without a hint of relief.

Meanwhile, the captured wasp continues to buzz and struggle haplessly in the net. In the distance, one of the checkered ground beacons begins growing a stem, rising into the sky.

"That--that's incredible! I've never witnessed such a thing before!"
   Dr. Prawning says in awe at the growing stem in the distance, adjusting her glasses.

"Huh. That's somethin'. Anyway, it looks like our little brawl has made us go off course a bit. We should get back on route ASAP. As for our not-so-little prisoner... I'm not sure we even want that thing."

"Please, captain, this is a most rare opportunity!"

"Ehhh alright, put it in one of those reinforced oxygen tanks, I guess. This had better not go awry..."

"Excellent! I will begin studying it immediately."

"Alright, looks like everything's settled for the moment. Take us back on course Johnny. And let's all hope we don't run into another situation like that!"

With the wasp brought onboard and moved to the ship's lab, the Decapoda continues its course towards its destination, its crew looking at the towering stem in the distance with wonder.

Spoiler: Ship inventory (click to show/hide)

Optional: Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you'd like!

Ear teeth

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2020, 09:25:38 pm »

I'm trying to imagine a lobster shrugging. Excellent images, Meimie.

Approach cautiously recklessly

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2020, 04:49:06 am »

I'm trying to imagine a lobster shrugging. Excellent images, Meimie.

Approach cautiously recklessly
+1 We must study the stem for SCIENCE!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2020, 10:04:06 pm »

As the Decapoda approaches the stem, the top half splits into four equal sections which undulate in the wind.

Prawning: "What a fascinating opportunity. I wonder what is happening?"

Clawson: "Looks a little like the Hokey Pokey to me. (sings) You put your left claw in, you put your left claw out . . ."

Jonny and Clawson: (singing together) "You put your left claw in, and you shake it all about."

Captain: "SILENCE!"

Prawning: (misunderstanding) "Yes, for science!"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2020, 02:17:02 am »

More stems begin sprouting from the circular structures

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2020, 05:14:35 am »

One of the steam buckets in the background explodes sending out a shower of hatchbacks.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2020, 04:34:11 am »

Without a moment's pause, Johnny pushes the accelerator, racing toward the stem in the distance with reckless abandon and disturbing some of the nearby monsters lurking in the underbrush.

As the Decapoda approaches the stem, the top half splits into four equal sections which begin to undulate in the wind.

"What a fascinating opportunity. I wonder what is happening?"

"Looks a little like the Hokey Pokey to me. (sings) You put your left claw in, you put your left claw out . . ."

(singing together) "You put your left claw in, and you shake it all about."

"SILENCE!"

(misunderstanding) "Yes, for science!"

The ship continues full speed ahead towards the stem, and as it gets close, more stems begin to sprout from the circular ground structures all around.

"Ah!... it appears that some kind of large scale terrestrial event is happening!"

One of the steam buckets in the background explodes sending out a shower of strange objects.

"What's going on!?"

"I-I'm not sure, sir, I'm getting atmospheric readings that are off the charts!"

One of the strange objects that exploded out of the steam bucket soon drives near the ship and makes a honking noise.

"Honk honk!"

"What the hell is that thing!?"

"I-I don't think I've ever seen anything like it! It looks like some kind of strange mechanical land-entity!..."

Spoiler: Ship inventory (click to show/hide)

Optional: Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you'd like!

Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2020, 06:35:24 am »

That strange honking thing seems to be non-hostile and attempting to communicate, this means it won't be expecting it when we scoop it up in our net and examine it for SCIENCE!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2020, 04:02:03 pm »

The strange honking thing begins moving in circles while furiously honking even more.

"Honk honk!  honk.  honkhonkhonk!"

Spoiler: Carific Translator (click to show/hide)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2020, 08:18:40 pm »

“Sir!  We’re picking something up on our air-sonar.  It looks like...”

“...a Winnebego...”

Edit: Speling.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 08:27:20 am by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2020, 04:51:13 am »

Suddenly, pineapples!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2020, 11:20:49 am »

Suddenly, pineapples!
falling from the sky. Clearly this is what the Skyfall event is

delphonso

• Bay Watcher