Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 34094 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 3
« Reply #450 on: November 11, 2020, 02:42:25 am »

It could also be a valuable snapshot.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 11, 2020, 03:22:12 am »

I will not say what I did N2 until D4. I will however produce a good reason for not doing so.

ROSEHEART: Why did you thought the information collected on N2 needed to be postpone until D4?

Well? Much wittering, and still no response.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 11, 2020, 05:06:19 am »

finally back on pc, formatting responses on a tiny mobile screen is hell. copying/pasting never goes right, and they hide away the square brackets!

ROSEHEART: Why did you thought the information collected on N2 needed to be postpone until D4?
Luckyowl, you remember when you were pressured by webadict at the beginning of the game? What if the game master suddenly gave you a PM that said your claims are incorrect? You'd have to backpeddle in the middle of defending yourself.

That's exactly what happened to me.

I mean... what does this have to do with the question. It's a response, but it seems to have nothing to do with the question?

It sounds like you are trying to blame your actions on being PMed, after the fact. Or you wouldn't have just brought it up, when you have been failing to claim for days now for reasons still unknown and unexplained.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 11, 2020, 09:02:51 am »

I've accepted it obviously. But, why are we lynching me? I realized I can live with the circumstance, but not without understanding why.

Caz has mostly been confirmed town detective. We can trust his evidence. In order to confirm you, we would need to lynch someone you picked. It's just how this goes, in order for town to win, the dopp needs to be sussed out. With current roles, your lynch makes the most sense to do so.

If you have information, I suggest posting it before you die. If you are town, that info is confirmed to be true, without the need for an alive medium.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #454 on: November 11, 2020, 09:44:00 am »

Luckyowl, you remember when you were pressured by webadict at the beginning of the game? What if the game master suddenly gave you a PM that said your claims are incorrect? You'd have to backpeddle in the middle of defending yourself.

That's exactly what happened to me.

I mean... what does this have to do with the question. It's a response, but it seems to have nothing to do with the question?

It sounds like you are trying to blame your actions on being PMed, after the fact. Or you wouldn't have just brought it up, when you have been failing to claim for days now for reasons still unknown and unexplained.

Eh, I wasn't going to respond to these. But this, wouldn't sit right with me.

N1

I decided to use my detective role to investigate TricMagic.

I heard them talking to their dog from outside, I didn't enter the building.

D2

My earliest stealth claim of my role was to TricMagic on D2.

Bit hard to if you haven't said what you did last night.

Well, I'll admit I already have a strategy planned for tonight. If anyone is a guardian, they should be all over owl like a watchdog.

jiiiii

Fine. Day 3 is going to have to be a role reveal day you know. Shorten

Back when I thought they had a role confirmed alignment.

I said this at the end of D2, I thought if they survived to D3, they'd support me as probable town.

N2

I decided to investigate Caz. Going through some books and belongings I determined they were also a detective.

D3 - Part 1

The Mountaineer grabs a few bear claws, being a favorite of his.

"So, I suppose the dopp decided not to do anything, outside any claims otherwise. Any information today?"

Oh, I don't believe that for a second.

Isn't that right, roseheart?

Not sure what makes me a target webadict.

I'm not particularly motivated to reveal my role outright. But I have actually already revealed it to people I trust, who I will also not point out.

Since we are getting into the nitty gritty of a smaller game, I'll be holding my cards, be they good or bad pretty tightly, thank you very much.

I'm not going to be counter claiming webadict, because I can kind of guess what's going on. I just propose to them to rethink the reasons why they might have obtained the "evidence" they may be referring to. There's a pretty solid town reason to have it.

I assumed he was at Caz's place N2, and incorrectly assumed I saw them, too. Perhaps their flavortext gave them the impression I spotted them.

That they were referencing something that happened N1, I wouldn't realize until much, much later.

I wasn't sure why investigating Caz looked anti town, so I simply asked them to rethink their presumptions. I didn't feel I had anything to hide.

If TricMagic was going to have my back, this was my callout to them.

Spoiler: They did not (click to show/hide)

Lucky, I see your question, but I would like to postpone answering at this moment. Is that alright with you? Technically, you could ask me to do anything, and I'd be forced to, but if you could extend some trust to me, I'm going try to bring the number of suspects down to 2, if possible. It just requires the remainder to claim.

Seeing a chance to prove Web was scum, or if he infact could back up his claim, I was the 1st to support the plan.

That sounds interesting. I'll claim as Investigator. I guess I'd have liked to have claimed after the others that haven't yet did so. But I am pro this plan(and wouldn't be able to explain not claiming without implying). If Owl dies I'd like to be protected unless someone has something better. If webadict is Mafia then this stunt should atleast be fun to watch.

Shit. If you're mafia I feel like you are working something fancy. Especially because you got me to reveal that on Night 1, I discovered TricMagic is a bodyguard.

Alright. I will vote no lynch. I will also Investigate webadict tonight. A psychic can check my goal. If there are any deaths tonight I am cleared if I don't have a kill intent. If there are no deaths well I am still a suspect but there will be no deaths, and inevitably be new information we can use.
Alright, let's get this show on the road.

You should be able to confirm me if you're an Investigator. Is that true?
And by that, I actually mean you should already know my role.

I don't know your role.

I knew he claimed Sneak, but I didn't KNOW he was a Sneak, as he implied.

Suddenly, Deus ex machina

(correction)

I check my new message. The game master informed me I had infact discovered Web was a sneak. Although, I missread it, I didn't realize it was harkening all the way back to N1, I missread it as my spotting Web at Caz's place last night! I guess since the correction had none of the flavortext, and was more off a "Oh shoot/Oopsies" type message, I was more concerned with the part that said my last claim was a lie, I did know Web's role.

I logged off.

D3 - Part 2

Oh rose, sweetheart that you are, I'm going to skip a page of reading. I'm the Observant Guard. that puts the roles which can reveal alignment way over the limit for belief.

You're either mistaken, or the other investigator, isn't. If this is your strongest reason for calling me the Dopp, then there are no good reasons being leveraged against me, because I am, and I can prove it.

When I woke up I had a plan. I'd get Caz the detective to verify I was one, so that the fact that I was backpedaling not knowing Web's role didn't lead to suspicion over the authenticity of my own.

I...did not expect to return to multiple knives to my throat. I thought my willingness to cooperate [with Web's plan] was enough to satisfy....apparently it was not.

I thought I layed the groundwork for trust with TricMagic, with Web, and with any doubters with...

Spoiler: this plan (click to show/hide)

but I was on what seemed a sinking ship, and I felt too overwhelmed to address all the potshots being taken, regardless if I believed I could respond to each individually.

The votes were piling up. What ever was going on couldn't be stopped, and I did not understand it. It was death by a million cuts, and I was and am really only equipped to apply Occam's razor. But there was no clear place to begin, just a bunch of silly circumstantial accusations and more coming in faster than I could hit the reply button.

Nothing stood out.

But when Caz self claimed as a Detective and also claimed I was(for the second time, but I missed the first), finally, I had a place to start. I could now reveal my N2, visiting Caz, and the game master error, without the later bringing doubt to the former. If I didn't do this, then any inconsistencies with Web's total reveal plan couldn't be leveraged on me.

I didn't know if Caz was mafia or not (I thought they just lynch voted early, I missed that they counter-claimed juicebox's role) so I had to assume I was the only town Investigator(sorry, Detective!), and (you know, Investigator is a noun) thus self preservation seemed like an extremely protown move.

D3 - Part 3

Oh, I just got new info. Web was at rosehearts house last night, and is a sneak.
That is false, he was at TricMagic's house.

Later, I again confused this, when double checking that I found them at Tric's N2, I already claimed Caz as my N2.

Pre-roseheart lynching (THE PRESENT)

Ehh, I don't expect this to change minds (not that there is time for it) but really I just wanted to explain my struggles to play mafia at a competent level. If I play again, I'll explain more in detail why I am a slow reader/writer in greater detail.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #455 on: November 11, 2020, 09:48:31 am »

Spoiler: This plan (click to show/hide)

(spoiler was empty)
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 11, 2020, 09:56:57 am »

But when Caz self claimed as a Detective and also claimed I was(for the second time, but I missed the first), finally, I had a place to start. I could now reveal my N2, visiting Caz, and the game master error, without the later bringing doubt to the former. If I didn't do this, then any inconsistencies with Web's total reveal plan couldn't be leveraged on me.

You got this backwards, though. One of the reasons you look so scummy is that you didn't claim any of this until the facts of this had already been presented, and you had plenty of time to create your narrative.

I had to assume I was the only town Investigator(sorry, Detective!), and (you know, Investigator is a noun) thus self preservation seemed like an extremely protown move.

Honestly, role investigators aren't that useful... unless someone lies about their role. Especially if they don't actually inform the town of their findings. :) If you were a Telepath (alignment investigator) you might have a point.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #457 on: November 11, 2020, 10:05:25 am »

Honestly, role investigators aren't that useful...

And yet, you eliminated half the scum.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #458 on: November 11, 2020, 10:16:40 am »

Something has come up. Do we trust TricMagic?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 11, 2020, 10:21:15 am »

Roseheart, you might be thinking why I picked you to claim first. It boils down to that you were the one that felt most suspicious at the time. I asked Persus13, Tric, and you for your roles yesterday. Persus13 and Tric both seemed to have reasons for withholding, but you didn't have any reason at all. Honestly, that might have just been a mistake on your part, but I also believed you were relatively hidden on D1, so it stacked up.

Basically... you felt like the most suspicious. That's why you first.

Your reaction to this was trying to withhold information, and I warned you that what you were doing would have some consequences. Perhaps you were doubling down on this behavior out of some odd form of stubbornness, but very suspicious indeed.

You then attempted to bargain your life for the information. There is pretty much no way this is not scummy.

You refused to try to find the last Doppelganger. There is still one left, and if no one else is suspicious to you... then isn't it you that is the most suspicious? You have a role that is the hardest to confirm, and you are the most suspicious.

So far, you are dead set on not being lynched, but you refuse to use your potential Town-confirmedness to actually find Dopp. If you are Town, you should be using your final moments to tell us who might be scum, not on convincing us to not lynch you. You should resign yourself to your fate. You kinda have to accept that it will probably happen unless something new happens that makes someone more scummy.

That's why you have to find the last Doppelganger. Because if it's not you, then that is still your goal. And if it is you, then you need to make one. Those are your two options.

Something has come up. Do we trust TricMagic?
More than you.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #460 on: November 11, 2020, 10:26:18 am »

More than you.

Fair. But tell me if you would stake the game on them being town.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 11, 2020, 10:28:26 am »

More than you.

No, but that's why I have a plan in case you are somehow not Town.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #462 on: November 11, 2020, 10:29:48 am »

You should resign yourself to your fate. You kinda have to accept that it will probably happen unless something new happens that makes someone more scummy.

My God, I have. 1000%.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #463 on: November 11, 2020, 10:30:32 am »

More than you.

No, but that's why I have a plan in case you are somehow not Town.

Why are you so suspicious of them, your best case. Hurry.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #464 on: November 11, 2020, 10:32:30 am »

Convince me TricMagic is town and I can act. Do not do this is you have significant doubts.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38