Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 34266 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Replacement requested
« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2020, 03:50:19 pm »

What is 'Nin'? I haven't played in awhile  :o

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2020, 03:57:32 pm »

What is 'Nin'? I haven't played in awhile  :o
Probably ninja'd.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2020, 04:07:17 pm »

Spoiler: Old Man (click to show/hide)

Roseheart seems to be missing. Well, the fact juicebox's vote is still there is interesting.
I need to focus on other things/sleep, so I am withdrawing my vote of TricMagic.

As far as I can tell, other than Owl you've mostly just accused those that already accused you. If you were a new player I'd either suspect a town that is touchy or just using themselves as litmus test to convince themselves that claims against them were cause for suspicion, and if scum just trying to balance out all the accusations with equal and opposite ones.

As you are not, and have hosted mafia so are familiar with habits and such, I feel like you want to fool people into thinking you are a new player for some reason, but I don't see why anyone would fall for it. I feel like this strategy is a piece of some puzzle that may become apparent over time, but I doubt it will today. no lynch
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2020, 04:25:02 pm »

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo...

Ahem. Anyway.

One final question, Tric. What am I hoping to gain from the disparate battery of questions I’ve asked you today?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 1 is full of RP
« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2020, 04:43:18 pm »

[...]
Alright. Not entirely sure where to start, but I'll keep it short because you seem to be angry at me for a reason(s) that I don't fully understand.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wasn't bullying. But, even if I were, literally right after that, I downplayed my particularly aggressive playstyle just in case I was. I literally went out of my way to help Luckyowl to understand the game, and the consequences of the actions they were taking. In no way do I think less of Luckyowl or juicebox for being new at the game, but additionally, I don't believe that no pressure should be applied to them either. There are a number of posts that I could link to prove this, so it feels unfair to accuse me of continuing to bully new players, and even more unfair to call me good.

I don't think that it matters if they've been online, but
In other news, where's Caz? Persus13 has also been quiet, and the sad fact is that Day 1 attendance matters. Even worse is that I'm voting Persus13 and doing nothing about it.
This still holds true, and it's why it's only a part of why I think you are suspicious.

But, this just shows why Day 1 matters. You are able to get a read on me because I posted. It feels contradictory. I also feel like you understand that, too, because you posted this:
TricMagic:
I am tempted to just skip today and get to night.
Get back in here and talk.

I did not blame you for having no time to contribute or make compelling arguments. That is a simple fact of life. If you have little free time, then I literally cannot change that. But, I absolutely believe, and you should to, that if a player is not contributing, active, or making a compelling argument, then that player would be helping the scum. I want you to reflect on the irony that you're expecting me to read past games to determine that your level of activity and free time are appropriate. But, if you posted just what you posted in this block here, you'd have given everyone a townread, some player reads, and some rationale behind those decisions.

Then don't untangle it. Just post, "This is too confusing for me, and I unfortunately have no time for it. My apologies." No time? Stick to what you've got time for, then.

Fair. I wanted a bit of time to interrogate some more, but Persus13. I already told you, I'm a Sneak, and I will be hiding at your house, so if the scum want, it's a two-fer.

And I think that is completely fair, but it is also completely fair that only the living players get to play the Night game, and that the living players should be the ones that can contribute during the Day.

Yes, you are right on both accounts. No money, only fun. But, do you think it is fun to be on the other side of you? Maybe you might think I'm being sarcastic or aloof or whatever it is people think I am, but I will ask you, what do you think I should do differently that I haven't incorporated yet? Do you believe that I did not do enough to change my playstyle for the new players? Do you believe I am still too harsh on you for being less active? Are my hi-jinks too annoying?

I ask these because if you're not having fun, and you're pointing at me for the reason why, then I think it's only fair to ask. If you are still angry at me for the bullying thing, then I do apologize. It was never my intention to make the game difficult for new players, and I can see how that might be an interpretation of how I play. If there is something else, you may feel free to tell me all you wish. I've been literally stabbed for much less, so I can probably take it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2020, 05:08:19 pm »

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo...

Ahem. Anyway.

One final question, Tric. What am I hoping to gain from the disparate battery of questions I’ve asked you today?

That is what you think you gain from them. I personally would hope reads and info to hunt scum going into day 2. Or the other side, enough to force a lynch on townies if you're mafia, and get away with it.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2020, 05:41:41 pm »

Spoiler: Shopkeeper (click to show/hide)

seeing their coffee has run out a second time, the large man in the fur coat decides to scrounge up something... stronger.

Over by the jukebox they find a liquor cabinet and pour themselves some whiskey, before looking at the song selection. They grin.

The jukebox mechanisms whirl and and Luck Be A Lady sets a backdrop to the discourse.

They take a cube of chalk and rub it on a cue, then set the table for a solo game of Speed Ball.

OOC note: I've been pretty exhaustive in expressing my opinions on anything that matters D1, so permit me a little fun. I'm here to chat, or review theories.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 06, 2020, 05:52:29 pm »

Spoiler: Shopkeeper (click to show/hide)

seeing their coffee has run out a second time, the large man in the fur coat decides to scrounge up something... stronger.

Over by the jukebox they find a liquor cabinet and pour themselves some whiskey, before looking at the song selection. They grin.

The jukebox mechanisms whirl and and Luck Be A Lady sets a backdrop to the discourse.

They take a cube of chalk and rub it on a cue, then set the table for a solo game of Speed Ball.

OOC note: I've been pretty exhaustive in expressing my opinions on anything that matters D1, so permit me a little fun. I'm here to chat, or review theories.
I have no problems with RP as long as you're productive otherwise. I can't really judge, given how I conduct myself, now can I?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #203 on: November 06, 2020, 06:04:17 pm »

"Care to play?"

Thus, my final swap will be that I am now Sneaking to Persus13's house.

Do you think there is any reason the aliens wouldn't take your bait? Why might they not go for it?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 06, 2020, 06:06:43 pm »

The sun sets, and being about at night is dangerous these days. Make sure you all stay safe tonight. For me, I'm taking an early night.

So said, the Mountaineer heads home with his maps.

[Night all, don't die, ya hear? 3 hours left.]

Nin.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 06, 2020, 06:32:42 pm »

"Care to play?"

Thus, my final swap will be that I am now Sneaking to Persus13's house.

Do you think there is any reason the aliens wouldn't take your bait? Why might they not go for it?
It doesn't really matter if they take the bait or not, because I'm gonna be at Persus13's house, and if they die, then mission accomplished.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2020, 06:45:50 pm »

Seems spiteful, but you feel this doesn't make you a bully? (I am asking in a neutral non-accusatory way, please explain.)
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 06, 2020, 06:59:12 pm »

Seems spiteful, but you feel this doesn't make you a bully? (I am asking in a neutral non-accusatory way, please explain.)
Persus is asking for a replacement, and the best way to continue the game otherwise would be through their death. If they dies, then they were Town, no? And since they are the most suspicious to me, then this would only be a benefit. You know, if I wouldn't also be dead. But, then I'd be relying on players who are playing decently enough that I wouldn't mind dying. Honestly makes it a bit easier, no?

Perhaps this one makes me a bully, though. But, if Persus13 stays around into Day 2 without a replacement, the Town is worse off, not better. Plus, there's a good chance that they might actually be scum, so I won't die at all. Or maybe I still will when I'm spite targeted because I've been lying about the whole Sneak thing, who knows? Who even knows anything?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #208 on: November 06, 2020, 07:02:40 pm »

Seems like a lot of maybes, and it confuses me you are so content to gamble with your life. Have you asked the mod for clarifiers? Sorry if I sound condescending, sometimes even skilled players for get the simple things.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #209 on: November 06, 2020, 07:08:27 pm »

In regards to Persus13, while it would be nice for them to share their reads, they have been applying pressure to players to behave pro-town here and there. And isn't it true they were the one to point out that Caz had been gone before roles were PMd? Isn't that a valuable contribution?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38