Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 34282 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 1 is full of RP
« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2020, 12:24:37 pm »

The issue with that mafia strategy is giving investigator-type roles more time to work. Counting on us to kill for you will backfire, as it gives more time to collect data, refine our deductions, and have the ability to No Lynch on further days without issue. A medium role doesn't change that, and by revealing day 1, they can kill you. We can lynch you too, and any info you have can't be verified till you are dead if no one trusts you. Or, you know, if you are wrong somehow and get the wrong person. That is a quick hike and a short fall to your death.

Nin-caz, first of it's kind.

Why do you think it's him, as Caz asked, why not vote him? Why do you keep moving your read back and forth? Is there anyone you are truly solid on, town or scum?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2020, 12:26:00 pm »

roseheart: So your scumteam pick is Persus/webadict, then?  Gun to your head, which one would you pick as most scummy and why.

Well shit. Seems I misremembered my last session with them as them being mafia. But they were actually town. In that session they were also distracting and perhaps it was a clue, but going back and checking it could imply they are town. I don't know, I never played a session with them yet where they were mafia, so I don't know if that is a tell or a universal game plan.

I only think Persus is if webadict is, and the later I now doubt. My strongest mafia read is still TricMagic, a planned jape as it may have been it still seems anti-town overall.

If wedadict is awake, a lurker list would be appreciated. We still have between 8 and 9 hours, and both Persus13 and roseheart are looking sus~

I got to say, the rate of play is pretty challenging. I feel a great pressure to put out quantity and quality, but the first requires endurance I don't posses, and the second experience I have not yet developed.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 06, 2020, 12:27:47 pm »

To be fair, you being on that list of three is just the fact others are scummy. And honestly past games are kinda weird to base it off of? If you want to point to Town!Tric behavior it's using past posts to drive home points, as in the case of Moony. My own style is erratic too, I think. What I did in the past and am doing now come from two different places. That doesn't mean that place is scum or town, and can't be relied on without solid proof in this game.
“To be fair”, it sounds like you’re trying to make justifications for lazy reads. “Oh, umm... you’re townie because you’re not scummy!” Is a really bad argument for D1, and he fact that it was the only justification you could come up with for your read doesn’t exactly leave me brimming with confidence.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 06, 2020, 12:30:24 pm »

TricMagic, why no answer question?  >:(

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2020, 12:34:13 pm »

Eh, you have to trust some people a little, otherwise it's 1 v everyone with scum waiting to sabotage you. If 4 are scummy, where does that leave the rest of the list? Main point is what you did write early on before RL troubles is fine. Same with what you are writing now.

;) Well, it wasn't really a question, what you quoted was a fact. Not participating at all is bad for town. Whether you are town or scum, it's bad for us. That should be self-evident that those who do not participate day one at all leave a blank in the slate that must be filled day 2, even if someone replaces them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2020, 12:36:51 pm »

Yeah I’m like 90% that TricMagic is scum right now, I wasted way too many hours yesterday looking over some of his previous games. “Has lots of D1 reads” is what I’ve seen from mafia!Tric, while town!Tric usually has majority null reads. In particular, he doesn’t support a lot of his reads, he just throws them out there or justifies them with “lurker”, again more of a scum!Tric behavior.
I actually think I'm with 4mask on this one, but not by much. Not based on any past behavior, but I'm in the Tric + Persus boat atm now that I've at least seen Caz show up and contribute. I'm more in favor of Persus being scum, though, purely by his content.

Thus, my final swap will be that I am now Sneaking to Persus13's house.

To be fair, you being on that list of three is just the fact others are scummy. And honestly past games are kinda weird to base it off of? If you want to point to Town!Tric behavior it's using past posts to drive home points, as in the case of Moony. My own style is erratic too, I think. What I did in the past and am doing now come from two different places. That doesn't mean that place is scum or town, and can't be relied on without solid proof in this game.
I mean... that is generally how the game is played, yes. I believe that juicebox is most likely to be town because they are active and engaged and make somewhat decent arguments, and no one else seems more townlike than that. On the flipside, Persus seems scummiest because they are not active and engaged, nor have they made an argument that was especially compelling.

If it makes you feel better, I am not as set on you as 4mask is, but I kinda trust 4mask a bit, so I'm willing to compromise a bit on it if they say so.

The one who scares me the most is roseheart, though. They are like a ninja, and I keep forgetting they exist. And going after Luckyowl? The best you're gonna get out of that is that a more experienced player told them how to recover from their massive blunder, because they sire doubled down hard on it without that. If you want to get to the bottom of that mess, ask Lucky why they changed their mind on it, and see if there's anything hidden in there.

Also, I'm always Mafia, even when I'm Town.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2020, 12:44:18 pm »

Caz. No. I don't know how the mafia work. Please. inform me./s

Anyways. You are right about one thing. I don't know how the medium role work. I assume if someone is killed by the mafia,  Meph might give them a clue of their killer. If what I assume isn't right then my hands is up in the air. I guess I can chat with dead folks. that's neat I guess.

...and I said why I wasn't going to vote 4maskwolf.. First I think, not know. Second, like I said above the dead might help me and lynching them won't heed me anything.( If the dead even have anything useful to say that is)

TricMagic You're right. I did dug my own grave here. Luckily, even if I die I can some as a ghost and give my medium power to someone. The tricky part is giving it to the right person. I would think Webadict would excel if he had my power.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2020, 12:46:07 pm »

Anyways. You are right about one thing. I don't know how the medium role work. I assume if someone is killed by the mafia,  Meph might give them a clue of their killer. If what I assume isn't right then my hands is up in the air. I guess I can chat with dead folks. that's neat I guess.

...and I said why I wasn't going to vote 4maskwolf.. First I think, not know. Second, like I said above the dead might help me and lynching them won't heed me anything.( If the dead even have anything useful to say that is)

TricMagic You're right. I did dug my own grave here. Luckily, even if I die I can comeback as a ghost and give my medium power to someone. The tricky part is giving it to the right person. I would think Webadict would excel if he had my power.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2020, 12:47:17 pm »

Mamobo knows who the killer is! o.O'

Lurker Track
------------------------
4maskwolf - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Last post was less than an hour ago.
Caz - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last post was less than an hour ago.
juicebox - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Last post was 17 hours ago.
Luckyowl - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Last post was less than an hour ago.
Persus13 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last post was 25 hours ago.
roseheart - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Last post was less than an hour ago.
TricMagic - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Last post was less than an hour ago.
webadict - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 Last post was less than an hour ago.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2020, 12:54:14 pm »

;) Well, it wasn't really a question, what you quoted was a fact. Not participating at all is bad for town. Whether you are town or scum, it's bad for us. That should be self-evident that those who do not participate day one at all leave a blank in the slate that must be filled day 2, even if someone replaces them.

Well, this makes sense at least. I was more wondering if you meant that me not being here is bad in general vs me not being here points to me being scum, the latter argument being a bit suspect if you knew I wasn't actually here (lurking as a strategy to avoid suspicion doesn't really work if you don't know your role yet :D )

Anyways. You are right about one thing. I don't know how the medium role work.

So you know how the mafia works but you don't know how your own role works? :D what

Luckily, even if I die I can some as a ghost and give my medium power to someone. The tricky part is giving it to the right person. I would think Webadict would excel if he had my power.

That's really not helping the argument of keeping you around >_>

Also, does it really matter who has the power if we can just ask you to ask the dead people certain things? Either you are going to tell the truth about what is being said or make up stuff. It's not really a reliable source of information no matter who it comes from (unless it somehow gets given to a confirmed townie)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2020, 12:56:21 pm »

So you're not going to vote to lynch anyone unless you have complete proof that they're mafia?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2020, 01:12:34 pm »

Well, this makes sense at least. I was more wondering if you meant that me not being here is bad in general vs me not being here points to me being scum, the latter argument being a bit suspect if you knew I wasn't actually here (lurking as a strategy to avoid suspicion doesn't really work if you don't know your role yet :D )

Anyways. You are right about one thing. I don't know how the medium role work.

So you know how the mafia works but you don't know how your own role works? :D what

Luckily, even if I die I can some as a ghost and give my medium power to someone. The tricky part is giving it to the right person. I would think Webadict would excel if he had my power.

That's really not helping the argument of keeping you around >_>

Also, does it really matter who has the power if we can just ask you to ask the dead people certain things? Either you are going to tell the truth about what is being said or make up stuff. It's not really a reliable source of information no matter who it comes from (unless it somehow gets given to a confirmed townie)

Caz yes. Or if I have enough evidence against them. I don't really have much on 4maskwolf or really anyone

Eh. I am telling you the truth. If I can summon a ghost which I can't, they'll give a thumbs up that I'm legit.

Out of context I do find that funny. But of course, I said afterwards that I am unsure if being able to talk to dead people will give me any hint on the mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2020, 01:17:26 pm »

luckyowl: Give me your best argument for why I’m scum. Doesn’t matter if you think it’s weak, just hit me with it. Press me for information, make me talk and defend myself, and see if there’s any useful takeaways amidst it. Try and get others onboard to turn up the pressure, even if today is going to end in a no Lynch. If you just sit back you won’t get any new info.

Tricmagic: interesting. If you had to pick your most likely scum team, what does it look like. Why are they most likely and how are they connected?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2020, 01:21:27 pm »

Lucky, having you try to explain a Spiritbond Medium is probably the funniest thing I've seen, because I don't know if anyone else knows what Spiritbond is, and your explanation is simply so terrible that it's hilarious.

You are free to claim the name of your role and it would be easier for people to understand. You just can't quote your role PM in any way at all. I think limited paraphrasing is probably fine, but I'm not Meph, so don't take my word.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2020, 01:22:34 pm »

I mean... that is generally how the game is played, yes. I believe that juicebox is most likely to be town because they are active and engaged and make somewhat decent arguments, and no one else seems more townlike than that. On the flipside, Persus seems scummiest because they are not active and engaged, nor have they made an argument that was especially compelling.
Sentences like this are why I stopped finding Mafia fun.

Me joining was a mistake. Replacement Request.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38