Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 34272 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 1 is full of RP
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2020, 01:28:04 pm »

Lucky, having you try to explain a Spiritbond Medium is probably the funniest thing I've seen, because I don't know if anyone else knows what Spiritbond is, and your explanation is simply so terrible that it's hilarious.

Hm? I never attempted to explain how a medium work. Unless you're talking about me summoning a ghost. Then I guess it wasn't an obvious joke.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2020, 01:30:06 pm »

Lucky, having you try to explain a Spiritbond Medium is probably the funniest thing I've seen, because I don't know if anyone else knows what Spiritbond is, and your explanation is simply so terrible that it's hilarious.

Hm? I never attempted to explain how a medium work. Unless you're talking about me summoning a ghost. Then I guess it wasn't an obvious joke.  :D

Let me just slap a smile in there to make it better.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2020, 01:32:01 pm »

I don't really have enough to guess a scumteam right now.

Moving back to the tracker, Persus13's last post was over a day ago, not much real content, and compared to Caz who has only been on less than half a day so far has less posts.

Hmm.. Well, if I had to pick one, it would be Persus/Juicebox right now as the top two picks? I don't have a direct connection I can point to right now, but the lack of engagement with me are points against them. Roseheart for a third.

Luckyowl however is pretty much done. I've explored enough of this that I am content with what I've done so far. Whether town or mafia, my objective was completed for this day, and no reason to question that line of thought anymore.

Nin. That bumps Persus up to Mafia I suppose? Or double reverse it for juicebox being one. Or single reverse for them being town but no longr liking the constant activity. Either way a replacement after day 1 means we'd need to make reads on a new person, or go with our previous reads on Persus.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2020, 01:35:18 pm »

I mean... that is generally how the game is played, yes. I believe that juicebox is most likely to be town because they are active and engaged and make somewhat decent arguments, and no one else seems more townlike than that. On the flipside, Persus seems scummiest because they are not active and engaged, nor have they made an argument that was especially compelling.
Sentences like this are why I stopped finding Mafia fun.

Me joining was a mistake. Replacement Request.
I see nothing inherently wrong with that sentence, nor was there any ill will presented. If you want to elaborate so that I might understand, feel free, but I don't feel bad for how I worded that.

Hm? I never attempted to explain how a medium work. Unless you're talking about me summoning a ghost. Then I guess it wasn't an obvious joke.  :D

Let me just slap a smile in there to make it better.
Haha, yeah, the Spiritbond part. I was baffled until I thought it over for a while.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2020, 01:42:32 pm »

Eh. I am telling you the truth. If I can summon a ghost which I can't, they'll give a thumbs up that I'm legit.

But again, any role can be any alignment, so proving your role doesn't really help to determine if you are town or not.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2020, 01:43:55 pm »

I mean... that is generally how the game is played, yes. I believe that juicebox is most likely to be town because they are active and engaged and make somewhat decent arguments, and no one else seems more townlike than that. On the flipside, Persus seems scummiest because they are not active and engaged, nor have they made an argument that was especially compelling.

I mean... it kinda makes sense to me. Being passive isn't really a town trait or good strategy. :/

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2020, 02:00:45 pm »

I see nothing inherently wrong with that sentence, nor was there any ill will presented. If you want to elaborate so that I might understand, feel free, but I don't feel bad for how I worded that.
Sure, I'll elaborate. I'm sick of supposedly "good" players bullying new players out of the game. I'm sick of people pretending to contribute by going after people who are inactive. None of you even checked to see if Caz had been online recently until I did so you all spouted a bunch of BS about him being scum for not showing up when you were one click away from seeing that he hadn't been on the forum in over a week. The main reason I don't think you're scum is because of the role shenanigans, because that's usually bored town trying to needle the scum team, although TricMagic is edging up there.

Read any game I'm in the past five years and you'll see I'm less active in them than in the games before then. I've never pretended I'm active and contributing or making compelling arguments. My only compelling argument I could probably make here is that you're probably town, luckyowl and roseheart are confused, TricMagic is being erratic and I can't tell if that's normal erratic or sus erratic and juicebox might be town, but they might just like the game. There's been a bunch of BS today, and I don't find untangling it fun. So if you really think I'm suspicious webadict, vote me. And that goes for TricMagic too.

I'm literally just here for the night game because that I still find interesting. So if you're wondering why my day game is lackluster, that's why.

To be fair, you being on that list of three is just the fact others are scummy. And honestly past games are kinda weird to base it off of? If you want to point to Town!Tric behavior it's using past posts to drive home points, as in the case of Moony. My own style is erratic too, I think. What I did in the past and am doing now come from two different places. That doesn't mean that place is scum or town, and can't be relied on without solid proof in this game.
Past games are the main experience other players have with you. Of course they're going to be brought up and you shouldn't be surprised if they do. This whole defense is pretty focused, but its also a bit funny to me, so I'm going to park my vote on you today TricMagic.

I mean... it kinda makes sense to me. Being passive isn't really a town trait or good strategy. :/
It absolutely isn't a good strategy. But 1. Humans aren't rational beings and 2.This is a fun forum game, not a job. There isn't even money riding on this.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2020, 02:46:58 pm »

Hmm.. Well, if I had to pick one, it would be Persus/Juicebox right now as the top two picks? I don't have a direct connection I can point to right now, but the lack of engagement with me are points against them. Roseheart for a third.

I probably won't become especially more active than I have been this phase or any future phase. The bar seems to be much higher than I would have assumed, or I'd have made a note to mention I am a slow reader/thinker before roles were handed out.

But I didn't say it because I didn't know. And less activity is pretty sus, so I acknowledge I am sus in that context. But the speed of my play won't be something I will be making any future attempts to address. My efforts will unfortunately be to continue to give shallow, watered down posts that address the highlights of whats going on, as the alternative is to be buried by the machine gun posting.

If however there is a lull, I may actually be able to catch up and form something vaguely reminiscent to a substantial opinion on something. When this session is over I estimate it will take me a few weeks to really even digest what went down just this first day.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 06, 2020, 02:52:42 pm »

Hey TricMagic, what inspired you to vote No Lynch?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2020, 02:57:25 pm »

I probably won't become especially more active than I have been this phase or any future phase. The bar seems to be much higher than I would have assumed, or I'd have made a note to mention I am a slow reader/thinker before roles were handed out.

But I didn't say it because I didn't know. And less activity is pretty sus, so I acknowledge I am sus in that context. But the speed of my play won't be something I will be making any future attempts to address. My efforts will unfortunately be to continue to give shallow, watered down posts that address the highlights of whats going on, as the alternative is to be buried by the machine gun posting.

If however there is a lull, I may actually be able to catch up and form something vaguely reminiscent to a substantial opinion on something. When this session is over I estimate it will take me a few weeks to really even digest what went down just this first day.
I feel your pain. I often feel like it takes me over an hour to write a good post, and that's not really sustainable.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2020, 02:59:06 pm »

The Whiteboard
TricMagic: juicebox, Persus13
No Lynch: 4maskwolf, Caz, Luckyowl, TricMagic, webadict

Day 1 ends in ~5 Hours
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2020, 03:04:54 pm »

I feel your pain. I often feel like it takes me over an hour to write a good post, and that's not really sustainable.

I'm not really asking for special lenience (that would have had to be done before roles) but I just accept the hit to my cred, and will keep it in mind in the future. Deciding who is sus(I'm sorry old man, it's just convenient to use the lingo) based on activity is a valid and valuable strategy, and I'm not trying to discourage it really.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 06, 2020, 03:07:40 pm »

I happen to benefit from no lynch. We still have the full number of players, and if mafia kills someone, that person is confirmed to be town, and the whole rope can be pulled to find the culprits. Sure, day one lynches have their place, but at the moment, too much to chance.

I would like a votecount again, don't think juice ever took a vote off me. Which could bandwagon into a lynch at the last hours. Sure it's info, but I'd be dead and not even a potential Medium would gain anything from that death. At least if I died at night I could say what I did that night.

Nin'd.

Roseheart seems to be missing. Well, the fact juicebox's vote is still there is interesting.

Nin roseheart.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 06, 2020, 03:10:31 pm »

I happen to benefit from no lynch. We still have the full number of players, and if mafia kills someone, that person is confirmed to be town, and the whole rope can be pulled to find the culprits. Sure, day one lynches have their place, but at the moment, too much to chance.

I would like a votecount again, don't think juice ever took a vote off me. Which could bandwagon into a lynch at the last hours. Sure it's info, but I'd be dead and not even a potential Medium would gain anything from that death. At least if I died at night I could say what I did that night.

Nin'd.

Roseheart seems to be missing. Well, the fact juicebox's vote is still there is interesting.

Nin roseheart.
What is the place of D1 lynches, then. Under what circumstances would you advocate a D1 Lynch?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Replacement requested
« Reply #194 on: November 06, 2020, 03:19:28 pm »

Well, in games with few to no power rolls for example. As a vanilla, I'd also be hesitant about not lynching. Another reason to lynch is of course the rare case mafia seems like they've been found, but that can instead turn into a bandwagon day 1 that lynches town. But this would give town info based on who advocated for it that could be used. Obviously, as mafia I'd be less hesitant about lynching people as well, as that is one less person to take out, and may hit a power role. Lynching is also used to press people, if you aren't willing or at least show you are willing to do so, it's a tool that is far less effective.

Another case of being mafia, outing power roles early game. This mostly means a Medium claim without any real pressure suspicious on principle, as would any other big power roll like doctor or cop. Saving it till it's useful and picking the right time to reveal is key. Webadict's Sneak claim could be true, or a lie, WIFOM. He's using it to both draw attention and divert it? It's a bold play that could backfire, or it might not. Once again, annoying, WIFOM.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38