Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Hexahood (Gridhood, but hexa.) Turn 7  (Read 8533 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hexahood (Gridhood, but hexa.) Turn 7
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2020, 06:03:07 pm »

“Hides Hemp” complains angrily to “Shakes Pear” about how “Collects Corn” stole the one item he was going to sacrifice to Cait Sith, asking if he can sacrifice “Collects Corn” instead.  “Shakes Pear” shakes his head. “No.”  “Hides Hemp” throws his hands up in exasperation and walks away.

10x forage on E6s.
1x pray to Caitlin Smith
1x research sustainable foraging.

Spoiler: Personal Use (click to show/hide)
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hexahood Turn 7
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2020, 10:42:30 pm »

Phlattus makes the GM sad. I said I needed a few days, man.

I know, from experience, how things like this can get out of hand, is all.  Are you sure you want more tiles?  More tiles could mean more players, maybe double or even triple the current number.    It begins to become a time consuming chore the more players and complexity that are added. 

Phlattus was getting ready to pout upon hearing about the Blue Light Special on tiles.  He thought he had only 1 power, and spending that 1 power could mean oblivion for Phlattus.  But it seems he actually has 3 power!  Assuming that is not a bookkeeping error, and was gained through mysterious game mechanics, it appears that Phlattus can take advantage of the Blue Light Special after all!  Therefore:

Phlattus makes a plain at B2s, a savannah at B2r and at C2r, and a tundra at B1r.  This should cost 1 power during the Blue Light Special.
Additionally, Phlattus expends 1 power enhancing the research output of a Platipeople researcher for this turn.  Then Phlattus rests.

(However, if it was actually a bookkeeping error, Phlattus does nothing this turn.)  edit:  I didn't notice that the Platipeople had sent some worship my way last turn.  Ignore all that about bookkeeping errors.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 11:31:31 pm by Zazmio »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2020, 07:38:53 am »

Cait Sith points out that 1 is made and 3 are free to make with it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2020, 11:17:59 am »

Fearful though I am of bringing up the idea of breaking up the divine flatness, Phlattus's followers might have eventual difficulties without trees.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2020, 12:16:01 pm »

Maybe he should focus on modified tiles, making the living wood be the ground.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2020, 06:10:58 pm »

Savannahs tend to be flat (though, I suppose, not necessarily) and have trees.

But the plains people have a legitimate concern.  Phlattus will devote some godly processing time to finding a solution to the problem.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2020, 06:23:10 pm »

Maybe he should focus on modified tiles, making the living wood be the ground.
Wood quarries? I could develop the fine art of sculpting boats.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2020, 12:09:05 am »

Gremlins
4 gremlins forage at D8v
2 gremlins forage at E8u
6 gremlins research Sowing

Spoiler: Tiles (click to show/hide)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2020, 04:52:53 pm »

So, if I understand things right, we're basically just waiting for Morbus?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2020, 05:05:43 pm »

So, if I understand things right, we're basically just waiting for Morbus?

Morbus rarely seems to do anything. Phlattus does do things. So does Cait Sith.

So Morbus, any action?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2020, 06:05:37 pm »

Well, I PMed him and he never responded, so technically you're just waiting for me. I just woke up, so I won't likely be doing too much right now, though. :P

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2020, 06:45:20 pm »

Well, I PMed him and he never responded, so technically you're just waiting for me. I just woke up, so I won't likely be doing too much right now, though. :P
I have no room to talk on that front. Though most of my burst comes in the mid-late morning.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Hexahood Turn 8
« Reply #147 on: November 02, 2020, 11:07:53 am »

All kinds of new biomes have been created, for which see the map key. According to my best research efforts, the only technical difference between a continental shelf and an ocean bank is whether the higher seafloor is attached to a continent, so I have taken the liberty to combine them for my own convenience.

The Plains Humans gather 12 units of food and prepare 2 fields on B3t while another one gets pregnant. Each new field must first be sown by a tribe member, and can subsequently be tended each turn to improve yields. It takes three turns to grow a crop of food (and, incidentally, also to make a baby) because this is a triangle-themed game.

The Catfish forage another 12 units of food, lay another egg, and research organisation a bit more.

The Platipeople turn out their required 12 units of food. A couple individual platipeople (platipersons?) debate the merits of using fire to preserve food, and quickly figure out that they will need to tame fire itself in order to do so.

The Retha collect 11 units of food and learn the secrets of biting sticks to make them sharp. They can now order members to make sharp sticks from wood. Each unit of wood will produce six sharp sticks. Also, one of them is now pregnant. The necessity of eating for two means that the Retha have unfortunately got just a tiny bit less food than they need this turn!

The Mountain Zebras collect 16 units of food, increasing their foraging level in the process. They also learn a bit about smacking rocks together. They haven't actually bothered to collect any rocks yet, but I didn't (as I've said) originally plan resource costs for research, so I guess they're just hypothetically imagining smacking rocks together.

The Fruit Foraging Forest Folk gather 16 units of food and also research stuff. One Folk attempts to pray to someone named Caitlin Smith. Nobody knows who that is; everyone just figures that guy went mad after the whole sacrifice debacle.

The Gremlins collect only 10 units of food, which isn't quite enough. They quickly learn the basics of sowing, though, and can clear fields as previously described.

The volcano has an unusually eerie, ominous look this turn.

key
mountain
jungle
freshwater body
open ocean
basic beach
plain
wet lands
swampier wet lands
volcano
kelp forest
coral reef
estuary
ravine
forest
meadow
shoal
shallows
hydrothermal vent field
oceanic trench
cold seep
savannah
tundra

Gods
Cait Sith: 4 Power
Phlattus: 3 Power
Morbus: 6 Power

Tribes
Plain Plains Humans at B4t: 12 Population, 1 pregnant, Foraging Level 3
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Sacred Sites
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Digging
  • (C) Sustainable Foraging
  • (C) Sowing
  • (C) Stockpiles
Catfish at F5r: 12 Population, 4 Eggs, 4 Food, Foraging Level 3
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Underwater Food Storage
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Spelunking
  • (I) Organisation [5 IP]
  • (C) Stockpiles
Platipeople at C3s: 12 Population, Foraging Level 2
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Hunting Tools
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Smoked Meaty Product
  • (I) Fire [2 IP]
  • (C) Materials 1
Retha at F8t: 12 Population, 1 pregnant, 1 starving!, 3 Wood, Foraging Level 3
  • (C) Gnawed Wooden Tools
  • (C) Materials 1
Mountain Zebras at G7s: 12 Population, 1 Food, Foraging Level 3
  • (I) Knapped Stone Tools [4 IP]
  • (C) Materials 1
Fruit People at E6s: 12 Population, 1 Food, Foraging Level 2
  • (I) Sustainable Foraging [1 IP]
  • (C) Stockpiles
Gremlins at E8v: 12 Population, 2 starving!, Foraging Level 2
  • (C) Sustainable Foraging
  • (C) Sowing

Buildings
Stockpile at F5r (Catfish)
2 Fields at B3t (Humans)

All right, guys, I hate to say it but I think I'm going to have to table this at least for a while. The game itself isn't too hard to run, but I'm getting overwhelmed from other reasons and it turns out trying to process it bit-by-bit in my free time just makes me get confused about what I have and haven't already done. If I had the time to work on improving my spreadsheet I could probably solve that problem, since I already have ideas about what should be done, but even that appears to be beyond me at the moment. I'm not ready to say this is dead, but it's certainly possible that it might be. If I don't manage to finish another turn, assume the volcano erupted and caused a hexaglobal ice age. :P

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 02, 2020, 12:59:32 pm »

What does your spreadsheet look like? I just use loads and loads of tabs and proper sectioning in OneNote for Windows.

Did I go overboard on terrain? 2|19|1/19. So on my own I made the exact number of different Biomes that are in my Gridhood.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 02, 2020, 04:55:32 pm »

The Catfish Tribe
The catfish tribe continues their work.

2 Catfish forage at F6r
2 Catfish forage at F5r
2 Catfish forage at F5q
2 Catfish forage at E5r
2 Catfish researches Organization
2 Catfish attempt to increase their population
Spoiler: For personal use only (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12