Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Hexahood (Gridhood, but hexa.) Turn 7  (Read 8550 times)

chaotick21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hexahood (Gridhood, but hexa.)
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2020, 03:57:54 pm »

Morbus smiles, or at least does the best job that it can at smiling, towards the Gremlins
Boost the fertility of E8u
That costs all 6 of your power. Running out of power is fatal.
Sorry I meant to give 6 food to the Gremlins instead

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2020, 04:32:42 pm »

Put it in your post, then, I'm going to get started on the turn after I eat.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2020, 05:53:09 pm »

Phlattus is content.  Things could be going worse.  There may be occasional bumps, but at least the world will always be flat.

Alas, He still does not have the power to do much, and must wait.

The god thinks while ignoring everything beyond his island. And the Volcano attached to it.

Flat, as in, not a sphere.  Phlattus has heard rumors that some unfortunate mortals must reside on a sphere.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2020, 10:04:40 pm »

Morbus smiles, or at least does the best job that it can at smiling, towards the Gremlins
Boost the fertility of E8u
That costs all 6 of your power. Running out of power is fatal.

While the Gremlins would be flattered by such a gift, there's really no need for it at present. I have 10 members of my tribe foraging this turn, so the food will likely be in excess and spoil. Maybe you should wait another turn for the Retha to pray to you so you can create a fertility tile?

For the GM: maybe you can consider giving the gods some passive FP income? Or lower the cost of divine actions. As it is, they need to wait 3-4 turns to get enough FP to do things, which isn't fun at all for the god players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2020, 08:17:37 am »

It feels like an attack at the moment. Or just idiocy, you could add to your action to sacrifice all excess food gathered, which would effectively make his action positive for another god.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2020, 03:50:27 pm »

Sacrificing food probably isn't a thing. And if it is a thing, you would need to sacrifice at least 6 food to generate a single FP; as that is what spending 1 FP will create. It would be better to just pray.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2020, 04:08:00 pm »

Prayer seems noted to be less efficient than sacrifice however, not more. And in this case excess would in fact be lost.

pray to the local divinities, generating a small trickle of power.
sacrifice to the local divinities, generating somewhat more power.

Seems a bit weird in any case. 3 prayers only generate 2 FP, where 1 or 2 seems to generate 1 FP. Not sure how that works, or that without prayer
Phlattus gains 2 power. It's not immediately obvious to him why this might be.

*shrugs* Sacrificing Excess does seem better than letting it be wasted, at least in cases where it can't be stored. I'd like to do things, but prayer seems slightly underwhelming in comparison.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hexahood
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2020, 08:49:01 pm »

Sorry to take so long, I had to break for sleep last night when almost done, and then today was just... reaaaaally tiring. :P Progress might be slow on my side the next few days for reasons.

Cait Sith creates one tile of jungle, and then attempts to create one tile of rainforest, but it turns out that these are synonyms! The weltgeist considers reconciling the conflict by making the second tile temperate rainforest instead, but decides to err on the side of having less work to do.

The Plains Humans gather 14 units of food from across the plains, of which one unit is sacrificed to Phlattus in an extremely flat ritual. Although there was only one unit of excess to begin with, due to the need to make up for starvation last turn, I thought I should let you know that each worshipper assigned can only sacrifice one unit for arbitrary numerical reasons. Two more humans experiment with planting bones, teeth, and empty bean pods, with little useful result. They feel like they're getting close to a breakthrough, though. Maybe if they tried the beans themselves...
I feel a little bad for you so I thought I'd let you know that you're only 1 IP short on it now.

The Catfish collect 11 units of food, which is adequate with their previous surplus. One Catfish lays an egg and another fertilises that egg; if all goes well it is expected to hatch shortly. Another clears space for a stockpile on the seabed of their home tile, which now contains one unit of food! Still another contemplates organising that stockpile, possibly with colour-coding, but doesn't get very far with the concept in the time available.
As the Catfish now own a stockpile, they may optionally assign a worker to guard the stockpile for a turn, to improve merchandise retention. They have also increased their foraging level.
I also want to note that unfertilised fish eggs remain viable for only a few days at most, not a month. While the laying and fertilisation don't have to happen at the same time, I strongly favour the idea that they should happen in the same turn. I am still open to argument, though.

The Platipeople manage to pull together a total of 20 units of food, substantially exceeding their needs. However, as egg-layers, they need to have sufficient nutrition to produce an egg, and, since they were starving at the start of the turn, they are unable to reproduce. They will be able to do so next turn. For reference, mammals have the reverse problem: they can reproduce even if they were recently starving, but then need to eat for two afterward!

The Retha collect 12 units of food this turn, and also scavenge 2 units of wood, some of which is gnawed directly off the tree. Though their rodent teeth do give them an advantage, they would still find it easier to collect wood with proper tools! Speaking of tools and gnawing, two Retha develop an idea of biting sticks into more useful shapes, since they lack other means of whittling. They find progress a bit slow, but they suspect they are close to a breakthrough.
The foragers also find curious tracks in F8u, which seems to have been picked over a bit since they left it. They consider following the tracks, but some members are fearful that there might be dangerous swamp beasts...

The Mountain Zebras obtained 14 units of food from their efforts. They also increase their foraging level and research even further improvements.

The Fruit Foraging Forest Folk collected 19 units of food in a massive foraging spree and then stayed in E6s. Unfortunately, they could not sacrifice any food to their gods because they neglected to dedicate any workers to doing so! Without anyone to chant the proper devotional litanies, the unstored food was lost with no benefit. On the bright side, they did improve their foraging skill.

The Gremlins, lastly, get 16 units of food from foraging, then receive an additional 6 units of food in the form of blobs of holy algae raining down from the sky. The total of 22 units of food is clearly far above their needs for the turn and is mostly wasted. Well, at least they don't have to worry about starvation. Like almost everyone else, they also improve their foraging level in the process.

key
mountain
jungle
freshwater body
open ocean
basic beach
plain
wet lands
swampier wet lands
volcano
kelp forest
coral reef
estuary
ravine
forest
meadow

Gods
Cait Sith: 5 Power
Phlattus: 7 Power
Morbus: 6 Power

Tribes
Plain Plains Humans at B4t: 12 Population, Foraging Level 2
  • (C) Sustainable Foraging
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Sacred Sites
  • (I) Sowing [5 IP]
Catfish at F5r: 12 Population, 1 Egg, 1 Food, Foraging Level 3
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Underwater Food Storage
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Spelunking
  • (I) Organisation [1 IP]
  • (C) Stockpiles
Platipeople at C3s: 12 Population, 2 Food, Foraging Level 2
  • (I) INSPIRATION: Hunting Tools
  • (C) Materials 1
Retha at F8t: 12 Population, Foraging Level 2
  • (I) Gnawed Wooden Tools [2 IP]
  • (C) Materials 1
Mountain Zebras at G7s: 12 Population, Foraging Level 2
  • (E) Foraging ++ [3 IP]
Fruit People at E6s: 12 Population, 1 Food, Foraging Level 2
Gremlins at E8u: 12 Population, 3 Food, Foraging Level 2

Buildings
Stockpile at F5r (Catfish)

Please remember to put your god/tribe name and, ideally, theme colour in your posts so I can readily tell who I'm working on at any given time.

Okay now it's done and I'm writing this bit last, so, I've had WAY TOO MANY INTERRUPTIONS and it's just been a hassle, so let me know if I screwed anything up WHICH I MAY WELL HAVE.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 03:04:13 pm by Maximum Spin »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2020, 09:14:57 pm »

One of the Plains Humans decides to try their last idea for planting, while the rest have moved on to much more important questions.

How will they store food without ruining the divine flatness of the land? It is a most difficult mystery.

3x forage sustainably for food on B3t.
2x forage for food on B4t.
2x forage for food on C4t.
2x forage for food on B4u.
1x research Sowing, experimenting with whatever selection of food types they want.
2x research Food Storage.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2020, 09:33:37 pm »

The Catfish Tribe
Having exactly one food in the stockpile, it is decided that it would be a better use of time to forage for more food than it would be to guard a single unit. They would work with the singular stockpile until it became apparant that it did not suit their needs.

Research continues on organization. Another potential use of this skill may be to identify which locations are providing how much food as opposed to just getting a single summary each turn?

GM error: The egg and stockpile do not appear to be listed anywhere

2 Catfish forage at F6r
2 Catfish forage at F5r
2 Catfish forage at F5q
2 Catfish forage at E5r
2 Catfish research Organization
2 Catfish attempt to increase their population
Spoiler: For personal use only (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2020, 09:40:09 pm »

GM error: The egg and stockpile do not appear to be listed anywhere
That's a good point, not really an "error" as I do have them noted down but they should be visible to you, I suppose.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2020, 10:09:13 pm »

The Fruit Foraging Forest Folk are astonished that none of the excess food got sacrificed.  They thought the food would sacrifice itself!

*Their leader, "Shakes Pear", holds a pear at arms length cupped in his upturned hand*

"Alas, poor 'Yanks Yams'! I knew him well, 'Hides Hemp'."

2x forage on F6s
2x forage on E6t
2x forage on E5s
2x research food storage
3x pray to Cait Sith
1x sacrifice to Cait Sith

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 10:18:40 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2020, 11:40:24 pm »

I should have 2 wood unless I used some on developing wooden tools. Also:

Retha
3x forage in F8t
3x forage in F7t
2x forage in F8u
2x harvest wood in F7t
2x research wooden tools

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2020, 11:47:34 pm »

Phlattus expends 6 power to increase the fertility of tile B3s by one level.  Tired from the effort, Phlattus then takes a nap.  Wake Him with a prayer if you need anything.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2020, 07:47:02 am »

Mountain Zebras
1 Zebra forage at G7s.
3 Zebras forage at F7s.
3 Zebras forage at G8s.
3 Zebras research gathering materials. (Like rocks and sticks)
2 Zebras prays to Cait Sith.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12