Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: A Slime's Life  (Read 8012 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Slime's Life
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2020, 09:09:37 pm »

Turn 8:

Ciell is fascinated by the spiders, wanting to climb around like them.
Study the remaining spiders while eating them, trying to learn more about how they make sticky webs, or legs, or both.
Ciell watches the spiders and does not gain much in the way of how they make webs(8/100){when finished can use .1 mass to make a web trap}. Ciell eats all 11 spiders left and grows by 0.12.

Squish moves to the east and eats what ever it finds along the way, then uses its Rigidity to try to take the forum of an animal.
Squish finds and eats 23 crickets and grows by 0.26, then tries to take the forum of an animal. Though because he is not sure what animal to imitate he looks like a hodgepodge of animals.

chunky eats the remaining porcupine, then practices being spiky some more while looking for more food. Put the newest point into elasticity.
Chunky eats the last porcupine and grows by 0.12 and gets more elastic. Chunky has figured out how to make spines on his outer shell{increase your CP by an extra 1/10 size}. He then finds a bear, maybe he can eat it.

Some some reason, Plort was gaining much less mass than most of the other slimes despite clearly having no shortage of plant matter. Plort attempts to figure out what the problem is.
Plort realized that actively eating is better then passively eating.

Stretch looks for an an animal to befriend
Stretch finds a bear and tries to figure out how to communicate with it(38/100){when finished can communicate with large animals}

Plort: 10.54cm3; 0.7 essence; passive growth: 0.02; stats: (C:1, S:0, E:2, R:2); Health: 16; Combat Power: 11
Squish: 27.61cm3; 0.7 essence; passive growth: 0.03; stats: (C:1, S:0, E:2, R:5, free: 0); Health: 28; Combat Power: 16.5
Stretch: 18.52cm3; 0.7 essence; passive growth: 0.03; stats: (C:2, S:2, E:3, R:0, free: 0); Health: 14; Combat Power: 13; large animal communication(38/100){when finished can communicate with large animals}
Ciell: 10.28cm3; 0.7 essence; passive growth: 0.01; stats: (C:0, S:2, E:2, R:1); Health: 13; Combat Power: 6.5; webs(8/100){when finished can use .1 mass to make a web trap}
Chunky: 20.12cm3; 0.7 essence; passive growth: 0.02; stats: (C:0, S:2, E:2, R:3, free: 0); Health: 20; Combat Power: 12.5; spinky shell{increase your CP by an extra 1/10 size}

By the way death is not the end, for slimes(unless your 10cm3 or less).
Player Position Map:
|  Sq   | Ch |      | Pl |   | Ocean
          | St |      |     |   | Ocean
          | CiHumans
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2020, 09:35:10 pm »

Apparently, two turns ago Plort was not "Actively" eating plants.
Plort tries actively eating plant matter.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 09:04:08 am by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2020, 06:57:43 am »

Squish decides to refine his shape into that of a zebra and tries to see how well he can move with legs, then he continues to eat bugs and small animals.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2020, 08:47:30 am »

Ciell barely even figures out the basics of webs before the spiders are entirely consumed. Most unsatisfying. Well, at least the web was observed coming out of one end of the spider.

Ciell practices squeezing out a thin stream of mass. (Just try not to use too much.)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2020, 03:35:36 pm »

Chunky leaves the bear alone, look for something roughly the same size that isnt a bear. They move southward to human lands while they are at it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2020, 11:56:01 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Eat some plants
((Did you know superscripts and subscripts are in boxes on the toolbar?))
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 09:55:43 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2020, 09:21:22 pm »

((If it’s too late to join, tell me and ignore this, if not, ,tell me I’m in and when an action can be done

Hope I did the math right
You are fine joining, if you want to post an action go for it. I would also like it if you can give yourself a designation(name). I will wait until tomorrow to post an update(still waiting on chaotick21 to post an action). Will update then regardless of actions from those 2.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2020, 09:53:39 pm »

Oh that’s what designation was? I’ll add one and place an action on my post

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2020, 10:46:20 pm »

Turn 9:

Apparently, two turns ago Plort was not "Actively" eating plants.
Plort tries actively eating plant matter.
Plort was actively eating plants 2 turns ago and proceeds to again, gaining 0.65 mass. Just to let you know you rolled terrible when you last ate(the roll is 1d100 per corrosiveness).

Squish decides to refine his shape into that of a zebra and tries to see how well he can move with legs, then he continues to eat bugs and small animals.
Squish looks like a toy zebra(you are after all less then a foot big) and doesn't really use his new found legs to move(28/100){when finished allows you to use 4 legs naturally(gives a bonus to learning how to use any other combo of legs)}. He then finds and eats 16 spiders. Mass increased by 0.19cm

Ciell barely even figures out the basics of webs before the spiders are entirely consumed. Most unsatisfying. Well, at least the web was observed coming out of one end of the spider.

Ciell practices squeezing out a thin stream of mass. (Just try not to use too much.)
Ciell spits out some mass and realized that it would make an effective(if somewhat costly) attack. Spit attack(84/100){when finished allows you to use a range attack that adds 1CP per 0.05 mass used}. Ciell losses 0.09 mass.

Chunky leaves the bear alone, look for something roughly the same size that isnt a bear. They move southward to human lands while they are at it.
Chunky finds a pride of lions and joins up with Stretch just north of the Human's land. Chunky gains 0.02 mass.

Eat some plants
((Did you know superscripts and subscripts are in boxes on the toolbar?))
Sticker starts off by aggressivly eating plants, gaining 0.3 mass.
((I did know about super and sub scrips, I am changing it from volume to mass.))

Stretch continues to communicate with the bear(90/100){when finished can communicate with large animals}. He gains 0.03 mass.

Plort: 11.19cm; 0.9 essence; passive growth: 0.02; stats: (C:1, S:0, E:2, R:2); Health: 16; Combat Power: 11
Squish: 27.8cm; 0.9 essence; passive growth: 0.03; stats: (C:1, S:0, E:2, R:5, free: 0); Health: 28; Combat Power: 16.5; legs(28/100){when finished allows you to use 4 legs naturally(gives a bonus to learning how to use any other combo of legs)}
Stretch: 18.55cm; 0.9 essence; passive growth: 0.03; stats: (C:2, S:2, E:3, R:0, free: 0); Health: 14; Combat Power: 13; large animal communication(90/100){when finished can communicate with large animals}
Ciell: 10.19cm; 0.9 essence; passive growth: 0.01; stats: (C:0, S:2, E:2, R:1); Health: 13; Combat Power: 6.5; webs(8/100){when finished can use .1 mass to make a web trap}; Spit attack(84/100){when finished allows you to use a range attack that adds 1CP per 0.05 mass used}
Chunky: 20.14cm; 0.9 essence; passive growth: 0.02; stats: (C:0, S:2, E:2, R:3, free: 0); Health: 20; Combat Power: 12.5; spinky shell{increase your CP by an extra 1/10 size}
Sticker: 10.03cm; 0.1 essence; passive growth: 0.02; stats: (C:1, S:2, E:2, R:0); Health: 10; Combat Power: 5

I am changing your size, which is in volume, to mass. Next turn something is going to happen(GM says ominous things).
Player Position Map:
|  Sq   | Si |          | Pl |   | Ocean
          | ChSt |      |     |   | Ocean
          | CiHumans
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2020, 10:51:34 pm »

Sticker searches for bugs to eat

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2020, 04:36:24 am »

Squish the tiny zebra continues to try to learn how to use his new legs, and also eats any bugs he finds while doing this.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2020, 08:24:15 am »

Ciell didn't learn anything more about webs, but making another discovery proved satisfying all the same. However, more mass would be needed to perfect and use this technique.

Ciell searches to the north for large bugs or small rodents, and also heading to the previous known location of fellow slimes to tell them about these innovations.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2020, 08:58:08 am »

I think I'm going to drop out of this game.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2020, 09:32:02 am »

I think I'm going to drop out of this game.
May I ask why?
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2020, 08:28:21 pm »

Massive inequality between players for seemingly no reason, slow updates despite the updates being only a sentence or two on average and the revelation that I created my character wrong due to information that was not available at the start of the game are the top three reasons.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8