Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should decisions on ships and installations without player-made contracts be handled when shareholders are in disagreement?

Unanimous decisions
Majority decisions
Plurality decisions
Highest !influence/join time

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Risky Ventures - Turn 1: Load Up and Sail Out  (Read 7763 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures - Turn 1: Load Up and Sail Out
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2020, 10:44:00 pm »

Imaginary Productions (ImP) would like to hire Captain Jack Daniels for 50^.

Quote from: Captain Contract
I, the undersigned, shall provide exclusive use of my captain Jack Daniels in perpetuity to The Mun Consortium, in exchange for a flat fee of ^50 and an obligation to pay any additional fees keeping a captain requires. This contract may be dissolved or modified at terms agreeable to both parties.
Signed:
Happerry (captain holder)
Happerry (TMC CEO)

Mun Consortium, you guys around? I'd recommend we order the MerchantVessel#1 to haul Authentic Meats to the Mun and purchase Heavy Elements for the trip back.
Seems sensible to me.

For the TMC, that would be 240^ to fill 60 cargo space with Authentic Meats, and for SYS and SIGS that would be 80^ each for their 20 cargo spaces. As both SYS and SIGS only have 20 cargo spaces each as they have only 20 shares each, they will only be able to afford to take a single unit back, and will need to provide the ship with 67^ each in order to pay for said one unit each. This will leave 10 cargo spaces left over, but as ships can only carry a single type of cargo at a time, there's not much to be done with that.

[X] TMC
Buy 15 Authentic Meats from Home market.
Load 15 Authentic Meats and ^268 on MeMerchantVessel#1
Send MerMerchantVessel#1 to Mun to purchase Heavy Elements.

Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2020, 10:46:37 pm »

Since I forgot to put this in my last post and the rules say I can't edit it in, have a double post.
Spoiler: TMC Assets (click to show/hide)
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2020, 02:19:30 am »

I believe we can (and should) treat the ship as a single entity and divide payins at the start and payouts at the end, rather than divide cargo space throughout the whole process.

Quote from: Proposed MerchantVessel#1 Operations Plan
Purchase x25 Authentic Meat at Home (^16 each, ^400 total) to sell at Mun (^19 each, ^475 total)
Purchase x6 Heavy Elements at Mun (^67 each, ^402 total) to sell at Home (^91 each, ^546 total)
Take extra ^50 for upkeep and emergencies (only ^44 should be required, but this provides a tiny buffer and cleaner input and output values)

This would require ^450 in initial funds and return ^625 total, for ^175 grand profit. Split proportionately, this gives initial payins and payouts of:
-SIGS [20/100]: ^90 in, ^125 out
-TMC [60/100]: ^270 in, ^375 out
-SIGS [20/100]: ^90 in, ^125 out

Signed
-SIGS (IronyOwl)
-
-
Note that prices can change on us mid-trip, so these numbers aren't guarantees. Also the whole thing might catch on fire. Maybe.

Spoiler: SIGS Assets (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ray_Anor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2020, 03:09:27 am »

LBR
Buy 2 Authentic Meat Goods from Home market.
Load 2 Authentic Meat Goods to SmallWareHouse#14

Spoiler: LBR Assets (click to show/hide)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2020, 06:58:55 am »

Ignore
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2020, 07:11:25 am »

Quote from: MV#3 name
(1)Ashford Neutron Unlimited Ship: Rockeater

Quote from: MV#3 captain hiring and naming
(1) Neutron Operations & Production Enterprise will hire a captain named Tiberius Darius Boethius: Rockeater

Quote from: MerchantVessel#3 proposed operation plan
Purchase x10 Authentic Meat at Home (^16 each, ^160 total) and sell on Mun (expected ^19 each, ^190 total)
Purchase x10 Low-G Edible Flora at Mun (expected ^19 each, ^190 total) and sell at Home (expected ^24 each, ^240 total)
Take extra ^30 for maintenance (expected to use ^20) and allow a buffer in case of price change against us on Mun

signed:
-NOPE
-

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2020, 11:53:02 am »

Quote from: MV#3 name
(2)Ashford Neutron Unlimited Ship: Rockeater, King Zultan

Quote from: MV#3 captain hiring and naming
(2) Neutron Operations & Production Enterprise will hire a captain named Tiberius Darius Boethius: Rockeater, King Zultan

Quote from: MerchantVessel#3 proposed operation plan
Purchase x10 Authentic Meat at Home (^16 each, ^160 total) and sell on Mun (expected ^19 each, ^190 total)
Purchase x10 Low-G Edible Flora at Mun (expected ^19 each, ^190 total) and sell at Home (expected ^24 each, ^240 total)
Take extra ^30 for maintenance (expected to use ^20) and allow a buffer in case of price change against us on Mun

signed:
-NOPE
-ASS

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2020, 12:20:40 pm »

Systems Holdings®, Ltd. signs the [Proposed MerchantVessel#1 Operations Plan] contract.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2020, 12:26:19 pm »

Ironyowl: As I understand it, the Mun Consortium cannot actually deprive us of our rightful share of the ship's profits unless we sign a contract to that effect, even if we refuse to pay in anything at all except for our share of the upkeep. The plan laid out by Happerry where we would receive profits proportional to investment rather than proportional to our shares is completely invalid (unless we signed a contract).

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2020, 02:06:41 pm »

Just to be clear:

The goods still belong to their respective owners, even if they're loaded onto the ship.  The profits of selling those goods still belongs to the respective owners. 

However, you are not entitled to cargo space you dont own: if you have 50% shares, you can load up 50% of the cargo with your own goods.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2020, 02:51:49 pm »

we refuse to pay in anything at all except for our share of the upkeep
You try things like that and then you wonder why TMC doesn't like you. ::)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2020, 03:05:30 pm »

... Did I "try" that? I already signed in to pay my share. No, I don't want to do that at all, I was just expressing it as the outer limit of possibility. For christ sake you guys are touchy.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2020, 03:10:08 pm »

Just to avoid this.

ASS, the contract I proposed assume you will pay part of the total cost respective to your shares (^80 for commodity, ^10 for maintenance and ^5 for price changes on Mun) and gain this part in the profit (Expected to be ^30).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 03:13:41 pm by Rockeater »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2020, 04:00:50 pm »

... Did I "try" that? I already signed in to pay my share. No, I don't want to do that at all, I was just expressing it as the outer limit of possibility. For christ sake you guys are touchy.
You do have a fondness for admiring fine pistols and how effectively they could murder everyone else in the room.

You overwrote his attempt to purchase a captain without discussing it and are currently trying to foist all the inefficiency of the run onto the non-TMC shareholders. This is both unfriendly and seems to validate his earlier claims about majority voting allowing majority shareholders to run roughshod over smaller ventures.

If you don't like him admiring pistols, don't draw your own pistols.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2020, 04:18:29 pm »

You do have a fondness for admiring fine pistols and how effectively they could murder everyone else in the room.
I do, that's fair. But that's at least in large part because I feel like we're getting prisoner's-dilemma'd here. I am trying to make gestures of good faith!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10