Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should decisions on ships and installations without player-made contracts be handled when shareholders are in disagreement?

Unanimous decisions
Majority decisions
Plurality decisions
Highest !influence/join time

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Risky Ventures - Turn 1: Load Up and Sail Out  (Read 7766 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Ventures - Turn 0: Auctions and Deals
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2020, 09:20:21 am »

That's ok Ray_Anor, he bid for 15 of them.
I don't quite understand. This is the minimum order size or the minimum size of the block of shares.
Good question. I just assumed it was the minimum order.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2020, 10:32:33 am »

IMI bids ^10 for 30 shares of MerchantVessel#2
IMI bids ^9 for 10 shares of MerchantVessel#1
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2020, 12:33:37 pm »

Good question. I just assumed it was the minimum order.
I assumed that too, obviously, and if not, I feel like someone would have pointed it out to the guys bidding for 50 shares of #3 by now? :P

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2020, 02:11:48 pm »

SMSI bids ^8 for 38 shares of MerchantVessel #1

« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 02:15:00 pm by Kashyyk »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2020, 04:04:43 pm »

The Mun Consortium has picked a CEO, congratulations to Happerry!
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2020, 09:03:58 pm »

The Mun Consortium shall bid ^12 for 60 shares of MerchantVessel #1.

Quote from: Mun Consortium Assets
Credits: ^1400 (^720 earmarked for auction bids)
Influence: !0
Assets: None

« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 12:56:27 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2020, 09:57:05 pm »

VIC Public Newsletter
Vixen Interstellar Commerce Loan Office Established!
Vixen Interstellar Commerce is pleased to announce it will be offering up to ^230in loans to interested corps, with a minimum value of 50, in increments of 10.
The current standard loan is ^100 at 4% with a minimum paid interest of ^8.

Vixen Interstellar Commerce Looking For Transport Contract!
Vixen Interstellar Commerce is expressing interest in obtaining cargo space on a vessel heading to the Mun for a single round trip, with payment negotiable as a single payment or as a percentage of profits depending on other party interests.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2020, 07:46:39 am »

Systems Holdings®, Ltd. sends a polite letter on fancy letterhead to the headquarters of Imaginary Productions®, seeking to negotiate an entente with the Mun Consortium™ while explaining that it cannot compromise its corporate sovereignty by accepting formal membership. It further proposes opening this entente to potential additional members under the name Compagna Communis™.

Ray_Anor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2020, 09:14:06 am »

Lightbringers Research®, Inc. sends an anonymously agent to Systems Holdings®, Ltd. with a note on a plain sheet of paper with crookedly scrawled text: "No money - no honey."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2020, 02:16:15 pm »

SMSI bids ^9 for 35 shares of MerchantVessel #2

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2020, 06:12:18 pm »

Reposting because editing in the company assets made the post edited tag show up and make that post be invalid.

The Mun Consortium shall bid ^12 for 60 shares of MerchantVessel #1.

Quote from: Mun Consortium Assets
Credits: ^1400 (^720 earmarked for auction bids)
Influence: !0
Assets: None

And here is the bid I made before I joined the Mun Consortium.

IMP bids for 10 shares of Merchant Vessel #1 at ^10 per share.

IMP also seeks 1 Mun Consortium Share for ^200.

[/quote]
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2020, 08:17:23 pm »

Turn is locked, Turn 1 sometime in the next 24 hours

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2020, 04:12:25 am »

Turn 1
You should join the Risky Ventures Discord!

The FEC has issued their first ruling: decisions regarding ships may be resolved by a majority vote by share.  The ruling regarding Upkeep continues to stand.

As ships become commercially available, corporations scramble at the auction house to buy up as many shares as they can.  Already a group of corporations have united under the banner of one conglomeration, pooling their resources to buy a majority stake in the first vessel to roll out of the dockyards - referring to themselves as "The Mun Conglomerate."  With their unified purchasing power, they represent the largest block credits in the local sector.

Some minor drama happens during the auctions. 

IMI and IMP are out-bid on MerchantVessel#1 by their parent conglomerate TMC, which isn't a terrible loss since they still technically own a majority stake in the ship.

CPST gets a chunk of the shares in MerchantVessel#2 at a measly ^8 per share, but they only managed to secure half their original bid at 25 shares once all was said and done. 

NOPE and ASS manage to each secure a 50% stake in MerchantVessel#3 at only ^6 per share, giving them split partnership of the HandySize cargo ship.

With the ships all bought up and in orbit, they are each awaiting a destination, cargo, an import order, and a captain.  Considering there's only one available market, the destination is a relatively simple choice.  These ships may also be named, if so desired.

The markets begin to fluctuate slightly as stock-traders back Home get their eager claws into the futures of the available Goods.

Ships will begin requiring Upkeep next turn, as well as the projected Upkeep for their travels.  Now would be a good time to discuss with your fellow shareholders who will be purchasing the Captains Contract for your ship.  Unless otherwise specified, Upkeep will be automatically drawn from the banks of Companies proportional to their share percentage of their ships.

Note: Please remember that editing a post which contains a bid invalidates that bid - even if you didn't change the bid itself.  This is to prevent cheating and last-minute edits while tallying bids.  Also, keep in mind that a ship may only have 1 captain at a time, and that captain may only be beholden to 1 company.  I trust you will all be adults and figure out how best to load, captain, and fund your ships without direct GM intervention, but I may be asked to arbitrate if necessary.

Spoiler: Companies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Conglomerates (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Installations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Markets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 04:39:56 am by evictedSaint »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2020, 06:11:13 am »

To ASS, as we both in similar economical situation I would recommend, to avoid empty cargo hold, that whomever of us hire the captain would also determine the products purchased in the first round trip.

As for a name, I am thinking of "Ashford Neutron Unlimited (As unlimited by light speed) Ship", what is your thought?

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 10:15:02 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2020, 11:29:07 am »

I'm willing to pay for the Captain for our ship, Moon Units and IO.

...Can we name it "Munit"?

Anyway, I'd also like to point out that, out of the available options, we should be hauling broccoli on the first (rising) leg.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10