Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: The Secrets of Magic [7/7]  (Read 12777 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: The Secrets of Magic [7/7]
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2020, 07:40:24 am »

David once again shoos Cor off, the frustration starting to become apparent in his hand gestures. Noting that simple wiggling was not working against the wand, David instead tried to slide the wand up and down the gap it was stuck in, all whilst gently rotating it, hoping it would pop free.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2020, 08:07:23 am »

Drop the wand on the roof for later, then follow the human down the corridor for something more interesting.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2020, 10:09:21 am »

hold the wand and shake it, maybe that’s how to turn it on?

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile
Turn Five
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2020, 10:12:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Looks good to me, you're in.)
Pull out my knife and carefully open the door and see what's making that noise.
Creeping into the room, Bubba can see two very large dogs making a huge mess of everything. They haven't noticed him yet, but if anyone starts making much more noise, they'll probably figure out someone's here.
David once again shoos Cor off, the frustration starting to become apparent in his hand gestures. Noting that simple wiggling was not working against the wand, David instead tried to slide the wand up and down the gap it was stuck in, all whilst gently rotating it, hoping it would pop free.
David can almost get the wand out, but it's just a little bit too slippery, and slides back down the wall. His hands just can't seem to get enough leverage against the wand.
Drop the wand on the roof for later, then follow the human down the corridor for something more interesting.
Following Bubba, Nevermore can also see the dogs in the room.

Unfortunately for both of them, though, the dogs can hear Nevermore flying through the hallway, and immediately perk up.

They might not be ready to attack. But they know someone, or something, is nearby.
hold the wand and shake it, maybe that’s how to turn it on?
Cortana focuses and tries to activate the wand. With a good flick of the wrist, a ball of water shoots out of the wand, splashing all over the wall in front of Cortana. Her shoes get a little wet from the splash, but it seems the wall absorbed most of the liquid. For better or for worse.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2020, 01:16:24 am »

Look around the current area

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2020, 03:28:59 am »

Quietly shut the door and back away from it, if they decide to attack and get past the door start stabbing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2020, 10:26:26 am »

try helping David to get the wand out, if successful, give the wand that was behind the door to David

“Looks like you have some trouble, I can try to help. I will of course give the wand to you if successful. I don’t think water would help in this case though”

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2020, 12:46:10 pm »

Casually stand on the other side of the cabinet and start pushing the whole thing over.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2020, 01:07:37 pm »

Watch. Listen.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2020, 10:59:22 pm »

David, grumbling, starts putting a little too much force on the wand - enough that if it suddenly came free, he would probably fall on his behind.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2020, 07:57:50 am »

"Caw!"

Hide above and Peck their eyes out when they decide to investigate the noise.

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2020, 12:20:12 am »

Look around the current area
To the left is a large room, where a good portion of the party seems to be busy fighting over... something. Dino can't quite tell what, but there's a lot of commotion coming from that direction.

Dino can also hear some noises coming from up ahead, where the rest of the party seems to have gone. There was some rubble, but it's been cleared out just enough to squeeze by now.

Near the wall, a single discarded boot is lying on the ground. It appears it's up for grabs, although if it'd be any good is another question.
try helping David to get the wand out, if successful, give the wand that was behind the door to David

“Looks like you have some trouble, I can try to help. I will of course give the wand to you if successful. I don’t think water would help in this case though”
David, grumbling, starts putting a little too much force on the wand - enough that if it suddenly came free, he would probably fall on his behind.
David and Cortana both manage to collectively get a little more leverage on the wand. It feels like it's finally coming free, just a little more, and...
Casually stand on the other side of the cabinet and start pushing the whole thing over.
Cor pushes the cabinet over, causing David to fall down and Cortana to stumble backwards. The wand suddenly clatters down onto the ground, having suddenly been freed from the pressure of the cabinet pushing on it, and after a brief moment of panic over if the wand is now even more lost, it rolls out from under the cabinet a short while later, sitting plainly on the floor.
Quietly shut the door and back away from it, if they decide to attack and get past the door start stabbing.
Watch. Listen.
"Caw!"

Hide above and Peck their eyes out when they decide to investigate the noise.
Bubba shuts the door as Nevermore caws. The dogs have definitely heard them now.

All seems safe for a moment until a large WHUD! can be heard hitting the door. And then another.

And another.
And finally, one more, causing the door to come crashing down.

Thankfully, Bubba and Nevermore are prepared.

Bubba: Surprise attack!
Nevermore: Surprise attack!

Bubba stabs one of the dogs as Nevermore takes the other on, pecking at its eyes. The dog flails back and forth, trying to get Nevermore off, but to no avail.

The entire group can hear the barking coming from down the hallway as the dogs try to fight off their sudden attackers.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2020, 12:21:41 am »

Grab the wand (threaten with the penknife if necessary!) and wave it wildly in the direction of the fighting!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 09:45:26 pm by Maximum Spin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2020, 12:22:50 am »

Go the other way.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2020, 06:45:22 am »

"Damn birds!"
Keep stabbing the dog.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7