Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Author Topic: CHICKEN KNIGHT [SG]  (Read 25627 times)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CHICKEN KNIGHT [SG]
« Reply #375 on: September 25, 2020, 02:45:37 pm »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #376 on: September 26, 2020, 05:04:23 am »

THE VOICES UNANIMOUSLY TELL YOU TO GO TRAIN WITH YOUR BUDDIES, AND SINCE YOUR COMRADES FEEL THAT THEY ARE SORELY LACKING IN MOUNTED COMBAT EXPERIENCE, THEY ARE ALL TOO HAPPY TO INVITE YOU ALONG TO LEAD A FEW DRILLS. YOU GO BACK FOR EARLY LUNCH TO "ACQUIRE" A FEW BASKETS OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES FOR TRAINING. BAWK-BAWK-BAWK, CLUCK-SQUAWK-CLUCK, AND FIDO MENTION THAT THEY POOLED A HEFTY BET ON YOU AND WERE GIVEN 64:1 ODDS. THEY BEAM AND DREAM UP USES FOR THE PRIZE MONEY WHEN THEY INEVITABLY WIN. DOODLE-CROW PROUDLY COUNTERS BY ANNOUNCING THAT HE PLACED A BET ON HIMSELF WITH A PAYOUT OF 256:1. YOU SIGH. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'LL HAVE TO PROVIDE A LECTURE ON GAMBLING INTELLIGENTLY AND/OR RESPONSIBLY. YOU PROD A BIT AND ARE SLIGHTLY RELIEVED TO HEAR THAT THEY DIDN'T BORROW ANY MONEY IN MAKING THEIR BETS. AT LEAST THAT'S ONE ISSUE YOU WON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH IF THEY LOSE THEIR BETS. YOU SECRETLY WONDER WHAT THE PAYOUTS ON THE OTHER PARTICIPANTS LOOK LIKE. MAYBE YOU, TOO, COULD TRY YOUR HAND AT MAKING SOME EASY MONEY.

ANYWAY, IT DOESN'T TAKE YOU TOO LONG TO FINISH AND GEAR UP FOR TRAINING. YOU "BORROW" A FEW BROOMS YOU FIND LYING AROUND IN A NEARBY CLOSET TO SERVE AS LANCE SURROGATES AND HEAD OUT INTO THE IDYLLIC HILLS WHERE YOU INSTRUCT THE FOOTCHICKENS ON MAKING TARGETS OUT OF THE PRODUCE YOU BROUGHT ALONG AND PLACING THEM DOWN TO CREATE A MAKESHIFT COURSE. YOU BELIEVE REALLY HARD IN THEIR ABILITIES, AND AFTER A SHOCKINGLY BRIEF TRAINING MONTAGE, THE FOOTCHICKENS ARE CONSIDERABLY MORE READY THAN THEY HAVE ANY RIGHT TO BE AS ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS AT MOUNTED COMBAT; SPARRING WITH THEM REVEALS THAT THEY AREN'T NEARLY AS SKILLED AS YOU ARE, BUT THEY'RE MORE COMPETENT THAN THEY SHOULD BE AFTER LESS THAN A DAY OF FAIRLY RELAXED TRAINING. SINCE YOU STILL HAVE SOME SUFFICIENTLY UNDAMAGED PRODUCE, YOU TRY TEACHING THEM ABOUT MOUNTED JAVELIN THROWING, BUT THE BROOMS TURN OUT TO BE TOO POORLY BALANCED FOR THIS. AS A RESULT, YOU CONTINUE WITH THE FUNDAMENTALS OF MOVING FAST AND BREAKING THINGS. WHEN FIDO AND THE OTHER RIDING DOGS ARE TOO TIRED TO CONTINUE AND JUST WATCH FROM THE SHADE, YOU SWITCH TO TARGET PRACTICE WITH ROCKS. CLUCK-SQUAWK-CLUCK COMPLAINS ABOUT NOT LEARNING A MORE PRACTICAL SKILL LIKE KISAT DUR OR SOMETHING. THE TARGET PRACTICE CONTINUES UNTIL THE LAST OF THE NEAR-INTACT APPLES IS SMASHED.

STANDING BY THE THE REMAINS OF A PARTICULARLY JUICY SQUASH, IT APPEARS YOU HAVE A COUPLE DAYLIGHT HOURS YET. THE FOOTCHICKENS ARE PLANNING TO TAKE A "HAUNTED TOUR" OF CASTLE SHAYBURY. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO NEXT? OR WOULD YOU PREFER TO SKIP TO TOMORROW?

(Extra update scheduled ~12h from now)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 26, 2020, 05:58:15 am »

Let us take this so called Haunted Tour and see what they try and pass off as ghosts.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 26, 2020, 04:57:04 pm »

Let us take this so called Haunted Tour and see what they try and pass off as ghosts.
+1

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 26, 2020, 04:59:44 pm »

I agree, let us haunt the tour. Violently.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 26, 2020, 11:24:15 pm »

WE ARE A CHICKEN OF KNIGHTLY PIETY SO LEAVE EXORCISING GHOSTS TO THE PROPER PRIEST CHICKENS, BUT WE CAN STILL WATCH FOR SOME NEW INFORMATION ON HOW TO ACCRUE KNIGHTLY DREAD FROM THE DEATHLY MONSTROSITIES.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 27, 2020, 11:47:06 am »

WE ARE A CHICKEN OF KNIGHTLY PIETY SO LEAVE EXORCISING GHOSTS TO THE PROPER PRIEST CHICKENS, BUT WE CAN STILL WATCH FOR SOME NEW INFORMATION ON HOW TO ACCRUE KNIGHTLY DREAD FROM THE DEATHLY MONSTROSITIES.
I don't think we need a priest to kick some ghost ass, I bet we can figure out how to do it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 27, 2020, 07:37:11 pm »

I don't think we need a priest to kick some ghost ass, I bet we can figure out how to do it.

I BET THE CASTLE THOUGHT THE SAME THING AND NOW LOOK HOW HAUNTED IT IS.  WE DON'T WANT TO HAVE OURSELVES ACCIDENTALLY BUILT OVER AN ANCIENT BURIAL GROUND AND GET FURNITURE MOVED AROUND DO WE?  NO. DON'T GET HAUNTED!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 28, 2020, 12:52:06 am »

I BET THE CASTLE THOUGHT THE SAME THING AND NOW LOOK HOW HAUNTED IT IS.  WE DON'T WANT TO HAVE OURSELVES ACCIDENTALLY BUILT OVER AN ANCIENT BURIAL GROUND AND GET FURNITURE MOVED AROUND DO WE?  NO. DON'T GET HAUNTED!
BUT, we ain't afraid of no ghost!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 28, 2020, 01:03:58 am »

I'M PRETTY SURE WE'RE ALREADY HAUNTED. ONE OF THESE VOICES IS PROBABLY A GHOST OR SOMETHING.

ITS PROBABLY THE ONE WHO REALLY WANTS US TO SEE GHOSTS.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #385 on: September 28, 2020, 05:30:32 am »

YOU'RE NOT SURE IF YOU'RE NOT ALREADY HAUNTED YOURSELF, BUT THE VOICES SEEM TO WANT TO GO ON THE GHOST TOUR. YOU JOIN THE "HAUNTED" TOUR OF CASTLE SHAYBURY. YOUR TOUR GUIDE, A VERY TALKATIVE GOAT OF A DUCK NAMED DOUG, DOESN'T TAKE TOO LONG TO GATHER A DECENT CROWD LARGELY MADE UP OF FELLOW TOURNAMENT HOPEFULS AND RAVING FANS. YOU ASK AROUND ABOUT WHETHER ANY OF THE FANS ARE YOUR FANS AND ARE DISAPPOINTED TO FIND OUT THAT THERE ARE NOT IN FACT ANY B-KAWK FANS IN ATTENDANCE. YOU CLUCK RESOLUTELY AND SWEAR TO CHANGE THAT TOMORROW AND GET A FEW WEIRD LOOKS. ANYWAY, IT SOUNDS LIKE DOUG HAS SOMETHING TO SAY.

"WOOOOOooooo! Welcome, mortals, to the haunted bowels of Castle Shaybury. Built on an ancient Cyanite gravesite hundreds of years ago, Castle Shaybury looms ominously over the Saven Hills as a monument to the martial prowess of its proud owners and the countless warriors felled by their merciless swords. From the bloodthirsty Bryk of the Lakes of ancient times to your host, the fearsome Duke Cyne IX of Shaybury, the lords of this castle have always been skilled at turning their foes into ghosts. Let those of you who are easily frightened turn back now ere you gaze into the very eyes of DEATH!"

"Also, as this is not an officially sanctioned tour, let those among you who would call down the Duke or his associates come forward that you may accept a peace offering from the spirits!"

A GIANT SNAIL WEARING AN AWFUL MASK THAT LOOKS A BIT LIKE A HAIRLESS APE'S FACE SLIDES UP AND ACCEPTS THE "PEACE OFFERING FROM THE SPIRITS," A SMALL BRIBE. WITH THEIR LITTLE ACT OF PETTY CORRUPTION DONE, THE SNAIL SLIDES OFF TO FIND ANOTHER TOUR GUIDE TO EXTORT.

"Let the tour begin! Behold the Portal of En-trance-ment, said to have been built from the wood of a tree planted over a magician's corpse. Some say that if you listen closely, you can still hear faint screams whenever the Portal is opened or closed, but right now, all you'll hear is people setting up the Chamber of Gluttony for the feasts. Now we'll take this side passage, mind your step. The suits of armor along this hallway are still haunted by their former wearers."

NONE OF THIS SEEMS HAUNTED TO YOU, BUT IT'S NOT LIKE YOU'RE PAYING FOR THE TOUR OR ANYTHING. THE NEXT AREA IS A SMALL AND RATHER DARK CORRIDOR.

"These are the old servants' quarters. You may be wondering why they aren't in use any more. Well, wonder no more, foolish mortals. Cyne III was possessed by evil spirits. He wasn't a particularly stable Duke of Shaybury. Whenever peace broke out, he'd be miserable, bored, and here at home with nothing to do. One day, he fell ill and blamed the servants' cooking. Armed with mole-forged weapons and leading a squad of his most loyal knights, he ran through the halls slaughtering all the servants. Even today, more than a hundred years later, people in town say they can still see blood seeping from the stones of the castle and hear the anguished screams of the servants. Now if you'll keep going, whoa, watch your step, we'll be going downstairs for a peek at the catacombs."

THE GROUP SHUFFLES ALONG INTO AN EVEN DARKER ROOM. THIS IS EVEN LESS EXCITING THAN A NON-HAUNTED TOUR OF THE CASTLE.

"Behold the chamber of wine! And come to think of it, is it not so that wine is a kind of undead fruit juice? But what we're after tonight is a view of the catacombs. Gaze upon this hole in the floor, and behold the very ash of mortality! It goes without saying that catacombs are highly haunted places, and *ahem*, perhaps the spirits will humor us today."

YOU LOOK THROUGH THE HOLE IN THE FLOOR AND CAN MAKE OUT RECESSES IN THE WALLS OF VARIOUS SIZES AND SHAPES. YOUR APPRECIATION OF THE SCARCELY VISIBLE MARVELS IS SUDDENLY INTERRUPTED BY A BLOODCURDLING SCREAM AND ECTOPLASMIC RUSTLING! THE DOOR LEADING TO THE STAIRCASE OUT SLAMS SHUT, AND EVERYTHING IS DARK. YOU HEAR SCUFFLING, RUSTLING, AND A FEW LOUD THUMPS. YOU DRAW YOUR CROSSBOW AND PREPARE FOR BATTLE, BUT SOON, THE FLAPPING STOPS AND THE DOOR TO THE STAIRCASE SLAMS BACK OPEN. YOU SEE SEVERAL FELLOW TOURISTS ON THE GROUND. YOU LOOK TO WHERE DOUG WAS AND SEE HIS CLOTHES ON THE GROUND AND A DISTINCT LACK OF DOUG. COULD IT BE THAT YOUR HAMMY AND INCREDIBLY FAKE HAUNTED TOUR GUIDE WAS A HAUNTING GHOST AFTER ALL? THOSE STILL STANDING (WHICH THANKFULLY INCLUDES MOST OF THE ARMED TOURISTS, HOLY ORDER FOOTCHICKENS INCLUDED) HUDDLE AND LOOK AROUND NERVOUSLY.

"What happened? My bag's missing!"
"Let's...let's get out of here. I don't like this tour any more."
"My bag's missing too, and I can't see well enough to find it! Anyone got any light?"
"We should make sure the unconscious people are safe and not possessed first."
"CLUCK CLUCK BAWK CLUCK SQUAWK BAWK?"
"OK, I'll carry the arms, and you can carry the legs. The stairs might be tricky, though."
"What about Doug's clothes? We need to bury them or he'll haunt us forever."
"BAWK BAWK BAWK BAWK BAWK SQUAWK BAWK!"
"I don't think that's how ghosts work either, but what can it hurt?""
"SQUAWK CLUCK CLUCK BAWK SQUAWK."
"Ghosts are not hissier goats, don't be silly!"

YOU HELP CARRY AN UNCONSCIOUS VICTIM OF THE FURIOUS SPIRITS' ATTACK OUT OF THE CASTLE. ONE OF THE CONTESTANT-LOOKING PIGEONS APPEARS TO HAVE CARRIED DOUG'S CLOTHES OUTSIDE. YOU MENTALLY PERFORM THE CYANITE SALUTE AT THIS NONSENSE. YOUR COMRADES ARE RELIEVED TO FIND THAT THEY HAVEN'T LOST ANYTHING. YOU CHECK, AND YOU, TOO HAVEN'T LOST ANY OF YOUR BELONGINGS. SOME OF YOUR FELLOW TOURISTS HAVE, HOWEVER, LOST THEIR MONEY AND/OR THEIR CONSCIOUSNESS. IN A RARE MOMENT OF NON-JINGOISTIC FANATICISM, YOUR RIGHTEOUS FURY HUMS WITH CONVICTION. "WE MUST PUNISH THOSE GHOSTLY RAPSCALLIONS," IT SEEMS TO SAY. HOWEVER, IT WOULD BE NICE TO GET ENOUGH FOOD AND REST ON THE EVE OF THE TOURNAMENT. WHAT'LL IT BE?

(A) AVENGE THE VICTIMS OF THE HAUNTED CASTLE. (BUT HOW?)
(B) GO BACK AND REST UP. (SKIPS TO TOURNAMENT)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 28, 2020, 11:47:51 am »

A Burn the place down with the ghosts inside. If it's not flammable enough, just COLLAPSE IT.

Also these are clearly fake ghosts who have just mugged everyone. I hope we're not dumb enough not to realise this.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 28, 2020, 12:10:19 pm »

A) THESE ARE CLEARLY THE GHOSTS OF THE SERVANTS, WHO FEAR WEAPONS AND KNIGHTS, EXPLAINING WHY THEY HAD LEFT THE ARMED/KNIGHTLY PATRONS ALONE. AND WHY THEY STEAL THINGS. SERVANTS STEAL THINGS ALL THE TIME WHEN THEY ARE DISGRUNTLED. IF WE HIT EVERYTHING IN THE CASTLE WITH A WEAPON OR POSSIBLY A KNIGHT WE SHOULD DRIVE THE SPIRITS AWAY. MAYBE TO THE AFTERLIFE. MAYBE JUST TO SOMETHING ELSE. SPIRIT DRIVING ISN'T AN EXACT SCIENCE.

ALSO THESE ARE CLEARLY REAL GHOSTS AND I HOPE WE'RE NOT NOT DUMB ENOUGH TO NOT NOT REALIZE THIS.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 28, 2020, 02:19:03 pm »

A STICK TO THE PREVIOUS PLAN (MOSTLY): HAUNT THE CATACOMBS AND SCARE THOSE THIEVES TO DEATH, WITH SUITABLE LEVEL OF VIOLENCE IF FEAR ALONE DON'T SUFFICE TO KILL THEM. IF THEY AREN'T THIEVES BUT REAL GHOSTS, SCARE THEM SO MUCH THAT IT WILL MAKE THEM LEAVE THE CASTLE FOREVER AND SEND THEM TO THE AFTERDEATH!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 29, 2020, 04:57:55 am »

A LET US USE OUR WEAPONS TO FIGHT ALL THESE FAKE ASS GHOSTS, BUT FIRST WE NEED TO FIND THEM AND HOW DO WE DO THAT WHY WE LET OUT RIGHTEOUS FURY GUIDE US TO VICTORY!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29