Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84483 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #270 on: August 23, 2020, 09:16:54 pm »

"You speak as if it was your guidance that led them to victory."
Steven doesn't say it in a judgemental tone, simply an inquisitorial one, as if waiting for Kruger to clarify.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 24, 2020, 02:13:42 am »

"Oh, there was no guidance from my side, except for requesting Weylan's assistance at one point. It was the older Sokolov who volunteered to be our tactician. He did a fine job orchestrating our efforts."
"Especially after some of my more proactive classmates immediately ran into action before he had the chance to strategize. But I consider it the mark of a good tactician to draw the vision of victory out of the chaos that is the battlefield."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 24, 2020, 03:24:54 am »

Ah, what a hassle.

It didn't seem like anyone had heard her. Kruger and Steven seemed so engrossed in their conversation that she didn't care to interrupt them again (plus, it was still about the test, boring), and it looked like Mus'ad's arrival would draw Kaya's attention. Well, no big deal.

"... I'll leave you to it."

With a little wave of her hand, Delwyn headed back out into the crowd. Burgers first, photos after. And then... who knew? Maybe she'd actually do a bit of work. Just whatever she felt like.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 24, 2020, 03:54:57 am »

Kruger looks around to Delwyn as she moves away, then looking back to Steven, slightly perplexed.

"Strange. I thought she wanted to talk with Kaya?"

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 24, 2020, 06:50:52 am »

"I think I'll look around first!~" the response came as she went to looking over the stock of weaponry and catalysts. Vicky wasn't sure if weaponry would be something she ever used but... she did gind some fascination with it. Lin had told her about making all kinds of these things at the forge, and while admittedly a fair bit of it flew over her head she had always enjoyed listening to it. Seeing all these fine weapons hanging about in their displays always reminded her of Lin and those moments. So, Vicky enjoyed taking her time as she looked through plenty of implements and weaponry she had no business using before actually getting to her catalysts.

Vicky always thought her arte was a strange one, leaast once she arrived at Solrise. Her's always seemed a lot like the students who studied Magic, but she never had any talent for the stuff. Then again, arts seemed to come in all kinds of weird shapes and sizes, they were just as unique as the people that wielded them. Her's seemed to have great use in empowering her singing voice and as a result allowing her to help her allies in her own way. For now, that would do... though she would like to be able to more proactively help in the future... maybe she should learn the ways of the other kind of axe too? A decision for another time... another time. She had already spent far too much time browsing! She still needed to find Arnett and thank him properly for helping out her bestest friend.

"I think I'll take these ones!" Vicky pointed to two catalysts in the display underneath the counter, two more catalysts to empower her singing and help her team in new ways! She excitedly bounced in anticipation as she waited to be rung up and then go about her day.

Purchase a Soldier's Drum and a Lucky Stars for 800 thalers total

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 24, 2020, 11:15:42 am »

"So did I."
Steven adjusts his collar.
"And what is it you think everyone else thinks of your opinion?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 24, 2020, 01:30:24 pm »

"Harrigan, I am aware of my unpopularity, not only in class, but on the academy as a whole. My opinion is not relevant for the others. Either they are ignored, or they affect them in a negative way. No matter my approach, I have yet to receive a positive reaction."
"That will not deter me from continuing stating my opinion, though. My Arte is my voice, and my voice is my Arte. To waste either would be to waste the other too."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 24, 2020, 01:34:32 pm »

"Hm."
Steven takes another sip from his pint. He forks over some thaler bills, nodding at Ilse, who quietly nods back and receieves a cup of tea from the bartender.
"Is it not a waste, then, if your voice goes unheard because nobody will listen to you? Is that not the definition of insanity, to continue to do the same thing over and over expecting a different result?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 24, 2020, 01:47:20 pm »

"A sentiment I understand and share, Chatgéant."

"Regardless, we have a bickering couple to sort out. Come along now Chatgéant, the sooner we handle the problem the better for everyone" Reeve announced, spinning on her heel and marching away from the Union duo, seemingly in a random direction despite being told the Union room's new location.

"...Polyion?"
She pointed in the opposite direction.
"The Union room is this way."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 24, 2020, 01:51:15 pm »

"I am a man who always had to pay a price for things other people take for granted."
"On any other road in my life, I would have been a promised husband for my father's games of diplomacy, or I would have been a student at a less prestigious academy, or be a simple soldier, or spent my life in a monastery. In other words, I would have become effectively a mute on the grand scale of the world."
"If it means that I can reach someone's ears in a way that improves their life, then it was worth every price. Even the price of my own sanity. That is the kind of man I am."

He tugs on his scarf.

"Do not misunderstand though, Harrigan. I do not seek pity. After all, I took these roads by my own actions, knowing their implications. Pity should be reserved for the unfortunate."
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 02:08:05 pm by SirAston »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 24, 2020, 02:27:41 pm »

"A man after my grandfather's heart. I can respect that."
The slightest of smiles can be seen at the corners of Steven's mouth.
"I do not offer pity. Pity is wasted on those who want none."
"You speak plainly. I cannot fault you on that; I do the same. You have passion. That is clear. But unwarranted advice falls on deaf ears, Wallhaim. To truly help others, they must want to be helped. And they must see their helper as someone they can trust."
A quiet chuckle, and another sip of beer.
"I suppose that makes me a hypocrite."

"Exactly what I wanted to hear. Improving your own body....it takes guts as well as brawn."
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 02:29:15 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 24, 2020, 02:36:18 pm »

"Of course, dear. Don't hesitate to ask for help. I'm something of a wizard when it comes to plants."
Mus'ad nods before getting to work, pruning and digging and gardening with as much vigor as he can muster. Soon, he's done and turns to start to walk away before making a show of realizing he's forgetting something and turning back to the professor. He quickly pulls out his deck, shuffling the cards rapidly before stopping and pulling a card from the middle, which he hands to Ververs. Looking it over would reveal that it's the two of cups reversed.
"Hm... Two of cups reversed. Generally that indicates interpersonal problems at work, such as differing ideals with a co-worker and the like... Or I suppose in this case, having to cover their classes."

Mus'ad looks visibly annoyed at Kruger's words, but bites his tongue and instead turns to Kaya.
"So, what are you plans for later? I was going to do some work in the greenhouse myself."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 24, 2020, 03:11:37 pm »

"..."
"I fail to see hypocrisy in that."

Kruger stands up.

"It was pleasant to speak with you, Harrigan. But for now, excuse me. A walk around this building calls to me. We shall meet again."

He lightly nods towards the table and then leaves, taking a slow walk around the building, stopping for a while to look at the horizon.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 24, 2020, 03:23:07 pm »

At Cattleya's words, Reeve froze midstep, turning her head to see where the Felis swordswoman was pointing, and upon doing so, turned back around and continued her march in the proper direction,

"Of course, I knew that."

"Well, I do aim to please. As you know, I never make empty promises when it comes to my results" Reeve commented as she put down her mixing bowl, sliding over three pie plates in order to handle the crust-making process of her meal.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 24, 2020, 03:33:13 pm »

At Cattleya's words, Reeve froze midstep, turning her head to see where the Felis swordswoman was pointing, and upon doing so, turned back around and continued her march in the proper direction,

"Of course, I knew that."
"Of course," she drawled.
The little cat giggled, and her tail flicked with amusement.
"You do realise it isn't that direction either?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 113