Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84486 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #300 on: August 26, 2020, 09:06:37 am »

Kruger's smile was met with an irritated glare briefly, until Lin closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She gave him a calmer look as she opened them again and continued.
"That wasn't intentional. I was already running hot and then you made me mad, so I slipped."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 26, 2020, 09:29:03 am »

"I am aware. But you managed to catch yourself again swiftly. That's where one can find true control."
"And true control will become necessary in the future. I do not know which kind of career you aspire towards, but if it will involve battling Fiends, we all must aim to become the eye of the storm. A single slip-up and those you desire to rescue will become nervous, maybe even panicked..."

Kruger sighs.

"Pardon my rambling. I cannot shed my heritage completely after all."
"That and..."

He suddenly stops talking and takes a deep breath.

"Nevermind. Talking so much makes me desire some lemonade. I can go inside before or after you, your choice."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 26, 2020, 06:04:30 pm »

"Well, to be honest, I was just planning on laying the situation out clearly. We don't know what is the root of this problem, but it's something that needs to be handled, and if they have a care for their position, they'll work past their differences for the betterment of the Academy. So, something like..." Reeve explained, clearing her throat as she and Cattleya walked before taking a more authoritarian tone,

"Excuse me, Union President and Vice-President. As you know, I am Reeve Von Anextra Polyion the Third, and due to anonymous rumors and requests, I have taken it upon myself to come to you and handle an issue you two are struggling with. Specifically, the issue that's preventing you from accomplishing your duties, stemming from what I believe is an innate disagreement between you. Therefor, as a representative of the collective opinion of the Academy, I am pleased to assist you both in settling that disagreement."

"How does that sound?"

"What am I, dropped kibble?"
"I'm here to help as well."
"Besides, better to just say you were asked to do it, rather than taking it upon yourself. Sounds less like you're a just stuck-up dummy and more like a friendly, approachable... undummy."

She stopped talking as they arrived and pushed open the door to see...
-lewdity-

"This.....this is official Union business!"
One thing that was true about Cattleya Chatgéant was that her pampered upbringing had left her rather sheltered in certain matters. Thus, rather than backing out, she merely stepped in to the room.

"Official business? What are you doing?"
She flicked her ears curiously and stepped closer.
"If you're trying to tape something up, I can't imagine being on top of each will help."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 26, 2020, 06:46:42 pm »

"Dropped kibble? Stuck-up dummy? Wait, are you implying that I sound idiotic? Because I do no-" Reeve began, completely conveying the appearance of someone who was just struck to their very core by a harmful remark, prepared to go on yet another long rant in order to defend herself before Cattleya pushed open the door to the Union room, the scene inside completely killing the words she was going to say in exchange for shocked silence. Unlike her companion, Reeve's inability to live a sheltered life allowed the albino to gain knowledge of certain concepts.

But unfortunately, it did not give her the means to actually face such concepts.

"W-Well, if that's the case, then I suppose we can wait for you two to finish your... Er... Official business. Chatgéant?"
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 26, 2020, 07:22:49 pm »

"Again, thank you. It was fairly trivial, but it's nice to be praised for wondrous success."

"You were very impressive yourself Hoth. You came down upon our foes at full force, right from the start. I might just have a rival when it comes to magical talent."

: "A...a rival?" The idea was startling; he knew he was no slouch when it came to magical arts, but to hear that Reeve of all people thought he might be an equal...

: "Well, I can't say I was expecting that, but it's an honor to hear you say so. I must warn you though, you will find me no pushover. I have just as much desire to prove myself as you do."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 26, 2020, 07:41:22 pm »

Rika just smiled and hummed quietly to herself as she listened in while mixing up the cornbread. It sounded like those two were hitting it off, and that was good; Mordecai had struck her as the quiet type, and Reeve was a proud girl in her own way. Maybe becoming rivals would give them both something to work toward and also become friends along the way; that's how it happened in a lot of the old folktales.

"♪♫♪~"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 26, 2020, 07:53:14 pm »

Mordecai uses his last three Activity Points thusly:

Training Room for a point of DEF
Alchemical Lab for a DR buff on the next map
Stables to work.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #307 on: August 26, 2020, 08:37:26 pm »

". . ." Lin squinted at Kruger for a moment, unsure of quite how to respond to his statement. She almost wanted to respond to the bit about needing to improve - she knew that, of course - but it didn't quite stick her hard enough to prompt her to deal with it further.

Lacking any immediate response, Lin elected to not offer one up at all. The Belgor gave a small shrug, then walked past Kruger using the space he'd already given.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 08:12:11 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 27, 2020, 06:05:48 am »

"I certainly hope you won't be a pushover. Not much point to having a rival if you're unable to push yourself the challenge them" Reeve replied cheerfully, putting the finishing touches on her pie crust in record time before moving onto the task of applying the filling to all three, along with arranging a lattice top for each of her pies.
OOC
IC

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 27, 2020, 06:33:33 am »

"What? Why?"
Polyion was making a rather strange face. Was she nervous about interrupting them?
"They're only playing with some tape, Polyion. I hardly see why you should lose your courage now."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 27, 2020, 09:15:07 am »

Kruger looks after Lin and silently counts down from twenty after he lost vision of her. He wouldn't have minded entering the dining hall together with her, but he is keenly aware that anyone accompanying him and him alone into a room filled with students and faculty staff would inspire the conjuration of rumors.

Fifteen.

Kruger himself could care less about any rumors about him. However, the rumors would also target Lin, possibly affecting her in a negative way. If there was no strong opinion of someone before, then accompanying a recipient of benevolent reputation would heighten their status. Conversely, accompanying someone with a less reputable public image would lower their status.

Ten.

This is the dance of society in this world, a world Kruger is keenly aware of as the son of Rheinberg's war minister. He has learned to wear a bad reputation like both a weapon and an armor, but he also hates that dance since his childhood. He doesn't want to intentionally weaponize the potential of being the villain in another person's story. However, he grew accustomed to being the "bad guy", and negative reputation as an armor became like a second skin for him.

Five.

Kruger feels his throat becoming parched from all the talking he did today. He rarely had an opportunity to talk that much, even less so to talk that much with a single person. And he had two talks that went on for long enough to be satisfied on top of that.

Two. He can no longer wait for a cool drink. Kruger goes into the dining hall, orders a bottle of lemonade and a glass and sits close to Kaya's group again, anticipating that the class would gather around Kaya anyway for the celebratory dinner. After pouring in the lemonade, he takes a slow but big gulp, enough to empty more than half the glass. He stares at the rest in it, and he couldn't avoid feeling a certain emotion while thinking about his talks with both Steven and Lin today, ultimatively whispering to himself.

"T'was pleasant..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 27, 2020, 02:49:28 pm »

"I-it's not what you think!"
"W-what do you think they think it looks like?!"
"Whatever it is, it isn't that!"

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 27, 2020, 03:17:09 pm »

"... Wait, Chatgéant, you don't..."

"Well that's odd, but somehow unsurprising." Reeve commented, rubbing her forehead for a few moments before focusing back on the two still on the couch

"Whatever, regardless of what we think is going on or not, we've been asked to speak with you regarding the issues the Union has been having, specifically regarding the lack of action thanks to your arguments, and now your two person Union meetings."
OOC
IC

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 27, 2020, 03:24:34 pm »

Mordecai felt himself grinning for reasons unknown. Maybe it was just the hopeful prospect of friendly competition? Whatever the reason, he was glad that people apparently considered him worth talking to.

: "You're on, then. May the best mage prevail!" The vampire noticed that his stew was about finished, so he took it off the direct heat so it could remain at the proper serving temperature. No point bringing it out before Rika's corn bread was ready, after all.

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
  • The Heroine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 28, 2020, 07:28:24 am »

Vicky was engrossed in her own little world for awhile as usual. She vibed to the music in her head as she waited for her purchase to be rung up and finished at first not having even noticed that another person had entered Cowen & Cowen and furthermore the exact person she had been searching for the entire day. She recieved her tightly wrapped catalysts and I immediately dunked them into her guitar case that she had still been carrying. One never knew when they needed to do an impromptu concert after all! She best be prepared! That and she figured she'd test out her new purchases when she was practicing her tunes. She bounced to her toes, satisfied that she did something wise with her money for once rather than make another frivolous impulse purchase.

The tiny belgor rocker was about to depart when she heard a particular someone speak up at the counter. It was a voice she knew all too well, quiet, nervous, adorable! It had to be Arnett! Swiftly she swiveled around confirming her suspicions out of the corner of her eye. A squee escaped her lips as she bounced yet again with an excitement that couldn't be contained. Punky boots crashed on the hard wood floor, a specific sound, one that Arnett had heard several times before when his upstairs neighbor was running at him akin to an excited puppy, an over eager bullet. And in the moment he would be able to register what was happening to avoid such a thing, it'd be too late. Vicky's full weight, and that of all her equipment, suddenly crashed into the poor painter all at once. If it hadn't been for the counter, she'd probably have bowled him over and both of them would've ended up on the floor buried in musical equipment, Arnett with a tiny idiot strewn on top of him. Instead he felt a vice form around the middle of his body and SQUEEZE, a surprising amount of force from the tiny metal queen. "Arneeeett! There you are!" and in typical Vicky fashion, she didn't explain herself at all until prompted.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 113