Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 113

Author Topic: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Chapter 4: The Truesilver Knight  (Read 84478 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Solrise Academy IC: Prologue: Blue Skies and a Battle
« Reply #255 on: August 23, 2020, 03:02:35 pm »

: "Don't look at me; I couldn't grow a weed." It wasn't much of an exaggeration.

: "In any case, the stew just needs to simmer a while and it will be ready. Do either of you need a hand?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 23, 2020, 03:30:20 pm »

Rika handed Mordecai a bowl with flour and baking powder in it, then put some other ingredients like sugar, eggs, and milk in it before handing him a whisk.

"Sure thing hun, just whisk that real smooth for a few minutes while I make sure the plums here are nice and soft."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 23, 2020, 03:52:14 pm »

"I figured I should make sure you knew that I considered you a possibility Hoth. But I'll be fine, I know how to handle myself in a kitchen"

"Speaking of which, cooking was one of my hobbies back home. The only thing that gets to people's hearts faster than a brilliant display of magic is warm, expertly crafted food after all."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 23, 2020, 04:09:38 pm »

Steven slowly takes a swig out of the pint glass in front of him.
"I see. I had faith you would do well, with Kaya with you."

"Oh! Uh....hi! Yeah, that's us. Thanks....I guess?"
"Sokolov, huh?"
Felix strides forwards, extending his hand. Christine ambles behind, waiting to do the same when Felix is done.
"Nice to meet you."
"So this is Solrise, huh? I'd heard it was a nice campus, but....this seems like something out of a movie."

"Of course, dear. Don't hesitate to ask for help. I'm something of a wizard when it comes to plants."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 23, 2020, 04:23:08 pm »

"Don't I know it! The best thing after a good day's work is sitting with the family around a hot, fresh meal. It's a crying shame the staff ain't letting us get to any meat for this but I reckon what we're fixing'll beat the band anyway."

"What kind of stuff do you like to cook? I don't know how to fix too many fancy things, myself."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 23, 2020, 05:33:56 pm »

"Could always use a spotter. Besides, I train with Alicia all the time."
Idunn points behind her with her thumb towards the tiny squirrel girl currently performing push-ups, her massive, fluffy tail obscuring most of her from view.
"That's true, I suppose."
She looked at the other small girl and took solidarity from having another member of the vertically challenged club here - though it wasn't that she was small. It's just lots of people were too tall.
"Then let's train together! I'll show you the might of the Chatgéant line!"
"Even if you're a billion miles tall, I won't lose!"

"That's NOT what's going on here, Chatgeant!

"Ah, I see. Again, I don't consider them being attracted to be wholly the correct answer, only that it's a possibility. Seeing as how I'm not a member of the Union, I don't know the two well enough to make an informed decision."

"But I do believe that the possibility Sloane brings up is a bit more hopeful, because it's far easier to handle them bickering like lovers, rather than bickering because they simply hate each other."
"If they were feeding each other cake, that seems pretty clear cut."
"If someone I didn't like tried taking my cake..."
  "...They would perish."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 23, 2020, 05:40:59 pm »

Mordecai gets to whisking.

: "I'm honored, I guess. Food does seem to have a way of bringing people together; it's pretty universal across races and cultures from what Professor Ververs says."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 23, 2020, 05:53:37 pm »

"If they were feeding each other cake, that seems pretty clear cut."
"If someone I didn't like tried taking my cake..."
  "...They would perish."

"A sentiment I understand and share, Chatgéant."

"Regardless, we have a bickering couple to sort out. Come along now Chatgéant, the sooner we handle the problem the better for everyone" Reeve announced, spinning on her heel and marching away from the Union duo, seemingly in a random direction despite being told the Union room's new location.

"Don't I know it! The best thing after a good day's work is sitting with the family around a hot, fresh meal. It's a crying shame the staff ain't letting us get to any meat for this but I reckon what we're fixing'll beat the band anyway."

"What kind of stuff do you like to cook? I don't know how to fix too many fancy things, myself."

"Well, I've tried my hand at plenty of dishes, but I tend to prefer making sweets. Cake and the like. I find that they have a bit more freedom in how to express yourself."
OOC
IC

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 23, 2020, 06:14:57 pm »

"Heck yeah Mordecai! Everyone's gotta eat, you know. What better way to be a friend, or welcome someone to the neighborhood, or cheer someone up, than to give them a meal you put your heart and soul in?"

Rika finished with the plums and took the bowl back from Mordecai, spooning the mixture over the plums and making it nice and smooth with the back of the spoon before sprinking sugar over it. She stuck it in the oven and set a nearby timer for forty minutes. Now that that was done, it was time to start making the cornbread. While she gathered the materials for that, she responded to Reeve.

"Ah, you're a... what's the doohickey? Patsy-yay?"

She meant patissier but she'd never heard the word said, only read it.

"I love sweets. I ain't never had a chance to fix too many, didn't have the stuff at the farm, but I can fix fruit puddings and little caramel candies for the little ones, when they were being good."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 23, 2020, 06:21:49 pm »

"I see. I had faith you would do well, with Kaya with you."
"She provided a meaningful contribution to our success, like everyone else in class."
"... And I will remain proud of them for that, no matter what others may say about it."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 23, 2020, 07:23:48 pm »

: "I confess, having so many sweet things readily available is still strange to me. I remember a Knight of the Order giving me a piece of 'chocolate' after she and her team saved my village, and thinking that it was must have been a gift from directly from the Sculptor. Then I came to York and it can be found all over the place."

Mordecai noticed that the bowl's contents had been whisked smooth, and so returned it do Rika.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 23, 2020, 07:35:00 pm »

"Bless your heart, you grew up without chocolate? Poor thing."

Rika gave Mordecai a sisterly pat on the upper arm.

"You're gonna like this, then, and I bet Reeve's pie will be delicious too."

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 23, 2020, 08:34:39 pm »

In the midst of Reeve's whirlwind of activity, the albino managed to find time to pause, a bowl held in her arm as she whisked her own filling, giving her two classmates a smug grin as her name was spoken,

"Oh, believe me, this pie will be the best you've ever had, you have my word as the pride and joy of the Polyion family."
OOC
IC

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 23, 2020, 08:42:12 pm »

Mordecai started a little at the pat, not used to such casual contact.

: "Well, uh, we did live near the Saari Badlands, and we almost never had any trade. That was just the way of life for my clan." Lacking much else to do, having no idea how cornbread was made or even if Rika was pulling his leg about it, Mordecai grabbed some dirty cookware and started scrubbing it in the sink. Running water was another thing he had had to get used to, but he wasn't about to say so and make himself seem like even more of a rube.

: "Still, I'm looking forward to both of your dishes! Almost feel like skipping the stew entirely, as unhealthy as that would be."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 23, 2020, 09:00:35 pm »

"Oh my. It must have been hard."

Farm life was trying at times, but it sounded like a cakewalk compared to living near the Badlands, with only goats and potatoes to eat.

"No wonder you're so thin and pale, sugar. We need to fill you up with some real food - something that'll stick to your ribs."

Cornbread was definitely a cure for that, and she set in mixing the ingredients for it in a round pan.

"That's quite the tall order, miss Polyion. I'm looking forward to a taste of it myself."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 113