Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Crystal Sphere IC: Cycle 7 [10/12]  (Read 7463 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Crystal Sphere IC: Cycle 1 [12/12]
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2020, 04:44:58 pm »

I have been awaiting you, servant of the beyonder. Declare your fealty and my shield shall be yours.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Crystal Sphere IC: Cycle 1 [12/12]
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2020, 04:48:16 pm »

I have been awaiting you, servant of the beyonder. Declare your fealty and my shield shall be yours.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crystal Sphere IC: Cycle 3 [12/12]
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2020, 05:06:11 pm »

In response, the Sun fall to slumber. From it's sunlight does the skin expand, encompassing the Throne World in opaque hardlight reflecting the nature of crystal. The Pink Crown-Sun becomes obscured, light beyond it's borders becoming dim, if present as it is cast off the hardlight shell in glow.

Within this shell do the residents within see the true spender of the Sun's Core, a land usually hidden by it's light skin gleams as creatures unknown to them ascend/descend to colonize the Throne-World from the Resplendent World of Light. The Sun-Children sleep easy, wrapped within Levis est geminae's solar hardlight skin shining down on them. The Dark thing slumbering beneath Light/Earth/Crystal/Resplendant World still wrapped in chains, but closer to freedom than ever before. A break in skin needed to escape the Light, but unable?

The Wold of Levis est geminae is but a Sphere to outsiders, unknowable, unpiercable, unseeable.
 Within does the world above/below show, and skin above shine for those on the Throne-World.

Of particularly note is how the shell expanded just enough to allow the world of plants and it's moon to orbit within should they choose to. Those who draw close are accepted into the perfection.

*statcrack!*

The Resplendent World of Light, Levis est geminae, desends, Working becoming Fact, Light a Sphere, Resplendent World the Yolk. The Egg of Light is born in it's descent, Yolk of the world within the center of the Crown Throne.

Descending, the Levis est geminae becomes not a continent of earth, but of clouds solid and fluffy. It's waters wet and airy, capable of supporting. A constantly shifting mass that lies between the Yolk-World and the Throne-World, between the two within the sky. Their is no void, but air for those who can travel between the two.

Let the Working Become Truth. The Ovum lux
& Caelestis Tempus Vincit Omnia!

True Details Of the World, everything else is but a lie.
First, there is the Yolk-World, the remnant part from the original Resplendent World before the Sun Decree.
Deep within the core lies In tenebris geminae, the Dark Twin, wrapped in chains of Light.
It should be noted the world is there as it always was, lesser without the brilliance of the original spark, but there, hiding shadows that seep out in dark places that Levis est geminae can no longer see.

Next, Caelestis Tempus Vincit Omnia, Levis est geminae's First Echelon. A land of clouds, where everything is light and fluffy, and things are built more around an ecosystem based around water and air and light, rather than earth and fire. *Though theoretically one could bring those things up*
It is located between the Yolk-World Luteo-Orbis Terrarum and the Thorne-World Orbis Terrarum throni. Luteo and Throni for short on those two worlds.

Next is the Throne-World we all know, keep alive Throni!

Next is Lux testa, the Shell of Light. Completely Opaque if you were to ever get close to it, and very strong and thick. Light shines down from it it encompasses the known world, There is nothing outside it, anything else is a lie. Everyone is safe within the Ovum Lux. It extends a farther out than the Throne-World's edge, enough to allow others to orbit the Throne-World, and is shaped like a sphere.

Ovum Lux is safe, all life resides within it. Caelestis Tempus Vincit Omnia means there is no such thing as a void with no air, everything is fine.
Ovum Lux protects us all, nurtures us. We are the flesh protecting the Yolk, and in turn, the shell protects us. We have everything we could ever need within, there is no need to look outside, for nothing is outside us.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 05:51:23 pm by TricMagic »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2020, 06:55:57 am »

AUT AVA LUNIS
AUT AVA SOLA
AE AUK ATCRE

My sire, my stone
My hearth, my foe
My lover, my doom
My seath, my lyren

AUT AVA LUNIS
AUT AVA SOLA
AE AUK ATCRE

The Moon, precious
Rising, resplendent
Lunacy, incoherent
Fear, spreading

AUT BURE FERROUS
AUT AVA LUNIS
PRAL JUTEINA

Working 1: AWE shall attempt to matchmake the Phoenix of Hope and the Dragon of Blood on Ferrous.

"Come now, come now. In your loins shall you join, loving and diving to depths high and low. Come now, come now, enjoy the fruit of Hope, for it is the sweetest and most delicious of crop. Come now, come now, enjoy the soup of Blood, for it is the most nourishing and filling of liquid around."

AWE DESCENDS

AE AUK ATCRE
AE JOT SHAVAD
AE AUK ATCRE
AUT BURE FERROUS

"I dance and swirl in ecstasy. I dance and swirl in love, for a master that loves not, cares not. I dance and swirl for their amusement, their smile, but see it not. I dance and swirl with HOPE and LOVE, though my ego and mind scream in unison - but my heart denies them both. It pumps with BLOOD and Toil for it desires deeply and suddenly. For this I dance and swirl, by celestial loft and rust-lust creed."

AWE takes the form of a moving mass of asbestos fibres upon the surface of Ferrous that resembles a dancing humanoid in veil and skirt. Veins of blood move within the mass, turning and twisting with AWE's movement and feelings. The eyes of AWE gleam red with Hope and its heart pulses rapidly upon the surface of the iron planet.

"Upon my master's skin, I caress myself in perpetuity. With my swerves and soothes I caress myself, releasing myself into the world as seedlings upon verdant soil. Look now as they dance, wriggle and move! Our children, master and mine - though of mind and limitation, if not body and soul."

AWE creates the Djinni during their descent, living mats of asbestos that take on a humanoid shape, they possess a core of Blood within them that on the world of Ferrous, turns into mercury. Djinni consume metal and mineral to live and absorb heat to power their consumption. Djinni breed in the manner of their divine progenitor, dancing in groups or pairs to shed fibres into new individuals, who grow to adulthood with the years.

"An empty world, how loveless, how uncaring. It will not do, it will not do."

1 Decree: create hoses.

A hose is an asbestos-based mineral organism that resides near active asbestos volcanoes. They resemble a fat garden hose with eight pairs of stubby feet.They pluck asbestos from the air to feed themselves and grow. They reproduce sexually, laying many eggs which are laid near the base of the volcano. Each hose is either male or female and are equipped with efficient digging apparati to dig out nests. Whilst able to move, most hoses are rather sedentary once they find a good spot to filter feed, only moving to breed or when asbestos concentrations are too low.

1 Decree: create panels.

A panel is an asbestos-based mineral organism that grows on Ferrous. Wide flat organisms, panels can grow to large dimensions over a flat area. Panels have thousands of small grooves on their underside which are used to secure themselves into the ground and nibble at it. Panels live by converting heat and metal into nutrients. A sedentary organism, it is plantlike in that it takes root in the area it is born into. Panels can grow vegetatively but are capable of sexual reproduction by absorbing the fibres of another panel. During the hottest parts of the year, panels release millions of their fibres into
 the atmosphere, which facilitates reproduction. Once a panel is fertilised, it begins compartmentalising a piece of itself into a new panel containing the genetic information if itself and the other parent. This seed is then blown off with and hurled into the wind, eventually landing and growing in its new home.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 07:07:27 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2020, 05:22:54 am »

Working: Create a moon the same size as the Wood Moon, to throw at the thing that came from the nothing

Descend into a Radiant Realm of Plants, leaving a planet that the Wood moon may orbit
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:36:34 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2020, 02:41:33 am »

Utugar merrily continues his honeymoon with Eater and is secretly glad lesser creatures such as dragons cannot hear the difference between uppercase and lowercase as evidenced by this part being transparent.

"Our dear fellow ruler, We notice We yet lack an heir. Would you deign to align yourself more closely with the principle of Creation if We align Ourself more closely with the principle of Destruction? For it is the destiny of all civilizations to rise, stall, and decay in time that the royalty of the world remain free of repulsive habits of Stasis, but how can this be so if a civilization fails to rise in the first place?"

Provisional working if Eater agrees to become less destructive: Utugar will put effort in to make the marriage work, darn it all! Utugar will promote a Seal to divine marriage counselor and give up some creativity, and Eater will give up some ruinousness, and at the end of it all, no one in all the Sphere, from the tiniest ant in the field to the immense spheres and their moon-wives, will be able to claim to have a healthier relationship! At some point in this process, Utugar will sneakily heal Eater's ulcers. Utugar's end goal is to get Eater not to eat more civilizations than is necessary for sustenance given just eating Seals from a fledgling civilization seems to have had a noticeable fattening effect from Eater's perspective.

Provisional working if Eater is unrepentant: Utugar saw the torment his consort inflicted on the poor Seals and quietly began to manipulate the chaotic rays emanating from his crown jewel on the club-headed fungi and protozoa of the world. His goal? Why, to breed a disease called Purpose which causes Dragons of Ruin and other insects to seek out and cling to the tops of trees and waste away, all wants, needs, desires, and fears voided until such a time as they are ready for their true overlords, the immune Seals, to feast on and thus ascend to power unimaginable. Utugar finds the Dragons of Ruin to be majestic insects as they flit about in the void laying waste everyone's stuff and will make a feeble attempt to try to refrain from doing this.

Provisional working somewhere in between: Utugar is a weaver of worlds and cannot bear to see these wyld wyrms feasting on them before their time has come. To stop this, Utugar weaves a lovely five-bedroom web complete with a three-dragon garage with a potent trap line ready to wrap an unfortunate dragon in the beginnings of an inescapable cocoon. Once Eater has entered this marvelous web, Utugar will spring the trap and add webbing as necessary to ensure Eater cannot use any pridefire breath attacks and apply a powerful venom as needed. The Seals' foe subdued, Utugar will eat Eater and lay god eggs in the luxurious web in a future cycle. Utugar is aware these will likely torment the Seals a lot but is counting on them being less destructive together than Eater.

Provisional working if Eater is reabsorbed by Coruxion: After mourning his poor vassal-consort's untimely demise, Utugar will Work to influence the Seals to embrace the concept of roofs and reject his ill-chosen crown jewel Levis and slave-smith Ferrum and descend to create the Blessed Lantric Kingdom, an enlightened kingdom led by an enlightened despot and an enlightened council of enlightened counselors who act to spread their enlightened rule to enlighten all enlightenedly. Utugar will attempt to gain the sphere of Triumph in the process of descending before a gathering of the wisest Seal clans into the form of a magnificent throne with a massive sapphire at its apex and gems representing the lesser gods at its base/feet. The site where Utugar descends is holy, and once a proper palace has been constructed around it, only the enlightened may see it or else risk being struck blind for the indiscretion. Those wearing veils, covering their eyes, and otherwise averting their direct gazes are free to bask in Utugar's splendor at the despot's discretion, of course.

If a succession manages to happen before the end of the turn, Utugar will baptize the new ruler and ruling council in harmless but exquisitely dramatic smoke and thunder to signal their divine right to rule.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 05:16:39 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2020, 06:25:56 pm »

The Sculptor only very slightly screams as the... incident progresses.

"This is very unsightly!" he tuts frantically. "Moon-Daughter-Wife, who I name Infinite Mirrors for your reflective beauty and birthing of beautiful things, would you help me redecorate?"

Decree: Weave a grand sheet of illusion and redirection, that whatever presses against it finds itself turned around and striving against its original course. Cast this over or in front of the [UNTRANSLATABLE] in the hopes of slowing it down or getting it to leave.

Working: Polish the Dragon Moon to make it a more beautiful and fitting companion for Mirrored Mantis. Also maybe ameliorating some of the screaming? We'll see I guess.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2020, 08:44:40 pm »

Marrow's body twists and splits and roars and spits and dances in the redmoonlight. He looks upon the evil eye and says goodbye to what was and is.
There is no wild wonder like the wonder of a wild yonder, and beyond the yonder he does peek at that which lurks but does not speak.
For there beyond the hole is fear, here and there and everywhere, spilling into this strange land like sand after sand of the hourglass.
And so time does come to pass, fast swift into the past, the future stands beyond before, and Marrow sees tomorrow born.
The unknown lurks, the unknown works, and until Marrows tomorrows come, he smirks.
In the whereabouts of here and now, one can say and see and doubt and plough somehow the future that is to be.
Yet tomorrow is a different beast a wonderful feast of things that aren't but will and shant but could and might sprout in the strange redmoonlight
Of wings untested bold and falls quite long, a gentle push helps along, of what is to be but yet has flown beyond the old
Till it's body's warm goes cold and wings unfurl never more the Marrow waits and waits, celebrates the Unknown.

Decree: Fear of the Unknown
From the fear of the unknown the future splits, it's river sand down different hourglass, until indeed it does collect into a vessel most perfect. It looks not as one expects, as the future could hold but naught more or less of what one thought, and from those worries my roots do drink and as you think and think and think, the seeds do grow.
Spoiler: Unknown (click to show/hide)

Working: Whispers of What Is to Come
Marrow wanders throughout the universe whispering quietly the questions which makes one wonder of what is to come. To think and feel and worry and wonder of what could be, and will be. He plants the seeds of fear of the unknown, of an uncertainty across the crystal sphere.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2020, 09:07:10 pm »

((Is it too late to change my working? I want to throw the newly created moon, not the wood moon, towards the thing that came through
((Sorry, thought I was in the OOC thread, should have checked better))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 09:38:50 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2020, 11:53:39 pm »

Black Pheonix, Cerulean Garmanet, heed my command, and tell me the words of the interloper's minion!
4:3 Aside from these words, Ferrous did seek to strip the ringworld - once the form of the false-king Utugar - of its Metals, that the true-King Ferrous may add them to His own self. 4:4 And Ferrous saw it was good, for with more Metal, there was more he may Construct. 4:5 And so, too, would it spite the retreating, foolish Levis est geminae, which had seen it could not take true power, and so blinded itself to what it had no power over, 4:6 As its paltry Crown would be taken by the only One deserving it, glorious Ferrous.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2020, 09:16:55 am »

"Aw, I planned on giving it to you as a gift, but now that you descended it loses some of it meaning, but anyway"
Working:Plant the shining seed upon the remnant that Eschara left
"And now something that would make mortals from all across the sphere to want to come here"
Ce-Rode decree an ecosystem based entirely on plants with various uses, from trees as hard as stone, to herbs to treat every ill, all to be given place across Eschara 's remnant and it's moon.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2020, 02:35:05 pm »

This is it. . .
         At last. . .
                  Oblivion. . .
Eternal slumber.
         Nothingness.

But. . .
   But. . .

Forever!
. . . Ever!

But. . .
FOREVER.
               But. . .
EVERANDEVERANDEVERANDEVERANDEVERAND
EVERANDEVERAND. . . ANDEVERANDEVERANDEVER

The Crystal Chain was shattered, for Ύπνος and Lorasil both. Though the Ascendant Moon and the Unknown it wrought does not affect them beyond the cracking glass of the womb that wrought them in turn, still they are inundated with illusions two fold. Lurking deep, Ύπνος can dream of that which truly is, as the Sphere of Slumber's woeful mind expands in death to fill the infinite, infinite, the void beyond. Behind the shadow of the Crystal Chain, there dwelt another. Thick and rusted, ever shifting, dyed crimson, bearing its pleasant barbs deep still in the resplendent worlds. Itself included.

Yet. Somehow. Even in the abyssal, beautiful,  wrenching, cosmic despair of the unending, the introspective mind of Ύπνος ceases to halt its motion.

IT COMES
          But. . .
NOTHINGNESS!
      'Tis this mine desire after all?
Ever and ever and ever and. . .
                 Abandon mine kin. . ?
      Into the infinity. . ?

This Holy Empty.
       Becomes me.
                      I am become it.

And still I sleep in the palm of that which is infinitely greater, unmoving, afraid. Lonely. Nothing.
                            What can one such as I do?

IT COMES
                   And still they frolic in lying Crystal!
       Can they not see?
                          The moon, my moon, occludes thine eyes.
There must be. . .
          Something?
                    Something from nothing.
         I. . .

Think. . .
             Therefore. . .
    I. . .
          Am. . .

ITCOMESITCOMESITCOMES

Please! Hear mine words, listen o' eleven worlds.
From mist, from fog, from dreams I come to thee.
Awaken! Not of slumber, not of sleep - Reality, unfurled.
O' kin, mine beloved kin, see, think, believe mine plee.

In working,
Mayhaps a decree.
Awaken
Awaken with me.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 02:39:22 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2020, 03:49:00 pm »

CORUXION splintered. CORUXION fulminated. CORUXION... wavered?

"What is this haze in my fields of mind? Who stole a piece of me? I WILL NOT LET YOU."

[2 Decrees] Coruxion reclaims what is left of him from the remaining Dragons, and ASCEND into a Radiant Realm!

"THE THRONE CALLS ME!"

Quote from: New Form
Radiant Realm: The Great Ruinous Dragon
Description: A titanic dragon-continent of furious crystal, on which lives many Imperfects. Massive and uncaring, it leaves only crystal wastelands in its wake.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2020, 05:51:45 pm »

CORUXION splintered. CORUXION fulminated. CORUXION... wavered?

"What is this haze in my fields of mind? Who stole a piece of me? I WILL NOT LET YOU."

[2 Decrees] Coruxion reclaims what is left of him from the remaining Dragons, and ASCEND into a Radiant Realm!

"THE THRONE CALLS ME!"

Quote from: New Form
Radiant Realm: The Great Ruinous Dragon
Description: A titanic dragon-continent of furious crystal, on which lives many Imperfects. Massive and uncaring, it leaves only crystal wastelands in its wake.

That which is within is Denied to those outside.
All Exists within the Ovum Lux, and Nothing Exists outside it with which to claim that within.
The Ovum Lux is Perfect, Spherical, True. No Offense shall pass it's Wall, nor Sphere enter it's Area.
All is Fine within the Ovum Lux, no Flaw to be seen in it's form.
And that which that has been shattered shall not steal from within it.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2020, 12:08:28 pm »

4:7 And Ferrous listened to his subjects.
Very well. I shall await what lies further than now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8