West!
- 1 (14.3%)
Neither.
- 2 (28.6%)
The White.
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Re: Divine Duel Turn X- Hiatus [1 Tribe Spot open]  (Read 23010 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Spiderlings
1 worker researches trap making
2 workers scavenge B5
3 workers scavenge C5
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 12:00:39 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile

Jaanin'Maldaraak
Jaanin'Maldaraak considers the circumstances of his new followers...

Things were not going very well at the moment. It seemed that the tiles in this world were not very high quality ones. For now, it would require some trial and error in order to determine their capacity.

As for the amazons, it seemed that they would not be a part of this world for much longer. There wasn't anything that could be done for them at this point. It would be better to focus on the tribes that remained. Jaanin'Maldaraak figured that a river would be appropriate near the Extradimentionals territory, as the higher altitude terrain would not be very susceptible to flooding.

Jaanin'Maldaraak creates a River tile at G6! (-3FP)

Jaanin'Maldaraak ponders tile detail observation
Jaanin'Maldaraak took note of the population levels that were present when tile F5 had been exhausted; as it seemed relevant to his current focus.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 04:22:11 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thul, Purity of Avarice
He gazes across the world.
The people that admit they are his are lesser in number, and scientifically behind. They would need to figure out their tools sooner, so they might properly make use of his deer.
His lands were richer. This should be capitalized on.
Why do the connections feel different? Perhaps it is the ease with which water flows.

Ponder a way to more cheaply replenish basic foragable food from depleted tiles.
Create Grasslands at B4.

Thul, Purity of Avarice, decrees the research priority to be wooden tools. He suggests first studying plant fibers, to use as a connective material, but does not require it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Zebra Commonwealth
1 Worker prays to Thul.
2 Workers forge for food on C7.
2 Workers forge for food on C6.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jaanin'Maldaraak appears to be somewhat upset about the lack of action from the Extradimensionals

Jaanin'Maldaraak also seems to be unhappy about the Blenderong for reasons unrelated to the usual things about them that would make Jaanin'Maldaraak unhappy.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jaanin'Maldaraak appears to be somewhat upset about the lack of action from the Extradimensionals

Jaanin'Maldaraak also seems to be unhappy about the Blenderong for reasons unrelated to the usual things about them that would make Jaanin'Maldaraak unhappy.

Taps foot.

Do I need some more replacement Civs? Or people to take up the old civ.

I think Detox would come back, though if they are sticking around. That still leaves 0cra_tr0per, and I do know their tendency in Gridhood games.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think its been long enough to merit skipping the non-posters. Especially the one who posted in a different game since the last update was made.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess I would be up for replacing a civ player. Which ones are idle?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Extradimensionals and the Blenderong. Especially the Extradimensions, I'd love to have not-0cra as the third civ on my team.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright then:

The Extradimensionals
Trait: Psionic Regeneration
Tribe Total: 7
Workers: 7
Food: 10

4 workers forage from F6, 3 workers research farming

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

K, that leaves Blenderong Tribe, who are likely to die out. I'll try to get it done this afternoon or tomorrow if I have the energy. Cloudy days always make me lethargic.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn 6- Era of Beginnings
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2020, 02:43:32 pm »

Turn 6
Small note on what happened to the Amazons.
The Amazons are possessed by some strange force, marching without food to the edge of the world, and offering themselves to it. They quickly vanish into the white void to the point even the gods cannot make out what happened. The Jungle becomes cloaked in White.

Oddly, something appears late into the season as the White clears. The Zastarn Bonekin, Skeletons that feed by accelerating the decay of organic material they touch and reproduce by heaping bones coated in the tar-like byproducts of their feeding. They are omnivores, but rely almost exclusively on meat in order to reproduce.

Racial Trait- Unusual Diet: Requires 5 food to produce more workers, and 2 are produced as a result. They can also spend 7 food to produce 3, 9 food to produce 4, and +3 food for each new worker past 4 in 1 Turn. Only applies to standard Workers, not special units, though they may also be affected.

They seem to have acquired the same food and lodging the Amazons left behind. One wonders what the Amazons were thinking, betraying their god to follow the White Void's Embrace. One thing is for sure, losing their powerful ability to Work Together has left Jaanin'Maldaraak poorer for their passing. Even if they never utilized it properly, so perhaps it isn't much of a loss.

And now onto current Events.

Turn 6- Era of Beginnings

The Void no longer produces energy, but as it stabilizes, wisps go not to the gods, but the lands they have made, restoring them to their former pristine glory. In this, it is an Era of Beginnings for those tribes that have made it this far. One questions where the future will take them.
All damage caused by repeated Scavenging of Tiles has been restored. This will not occur again this Era.

Thul, Purity of Avarice, Ponders on way to cheaply replenish the basic foragable food. In this, he has an Epiphany, that what His are doing can't really be called foraging. Their is no structure to it, they leave behind that which they could take, there is much waste.

He creates a Grasslands at B4, and continues his pondering. His recent research does offer a small place to start, but it may take a while currently even with that.

He also Speaks, but His lack the ears to listen, and himself the ability to enforce.

1/?

Jaanin'Maldaraak creates a River tile at G6, then Ponders further.
Seeing the land replenished, he withdraws deeper into himself as he thinks on circumstances..
The most obvious fact is that they scavenged the same tile far too much, more than the numbers alone.

6/12

The West

Blenderong Tribe
[!Feral Instinct Triggers?]
From D3, 3 workers collect 7 food. From C3, 4 food. They've replenished their reserves, but did they fall to their base instincts?
GM Notice: If an action is not performed next turn, the Blenderong will no longer exist as anything but mere beasts.

Spiderlings
The Spiderlings split forces. 2 workers bring 6 food from B5, and 3 bring 7 food from C5. A very good result.
1 worker researches Trap Making.

The Zebra Commonwealth
1 worker prays to Thul vigorously, succumbing to death with sounds of stomping, alone. +1 FP, -1 Worker.
4 split into two, and 3 food each is brought back from both locations, only to find their other tribe member dead.

The East

F2 is covered in White.

Swampmen of Uudvurk
4 workers go out to scavenge F4, hoping to find much food. They find 6, though on return..
1 worker Prays with all his being, and succumbs to hunger. Their Faith is True, as this death proves. This does not discourage the Swampmen of Uudvurk. +1 FP, -1 Worker.

Extradimensionals
A strange discussion occurs among the Extradimensionals. In what language they speak, a new consensus has been reached. What it was is known only to those who speak it.
4 gather food, happy to find yet more. Somehow, they continue to thrive. 9 food was gathered.
3 research farming. It becomes clear that this is going to take time alone, though if their luck continues...

Thul, 1 FP from tribe.
Jaanin'Maldaraak, 1 FP from tribe.

Spoiler: Thul's Western Tribes (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:28:30 pm by TricMagic »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2020, 03:00:24 pm »

Zastarn Bonekin
As the white fades from the jungle, four of the first bonekin scavenge it for food. (Scavenge:F2)
The last one offers praise and prayer to the deity that had once watched over the Amazonians, in hopes of receiving a boon to their survival.

Spoiler: stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:04:37 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2020, 03:12:22 pm »

Spiderlings
2 workers pray to Thul
1 worker scavenges B4
1 worker scavenges C5
1 worker researches trap making
1 worker researches tool making

((If any scavenging locations are invalid tell me, it’s difficult to see which areas are under which civ’s control
Thank you))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 03:25:18 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2020, 03:22:56 pm »

You are at B5. B4, B5, and C5 are your scavenging locations.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25