West!
- 1 (14.3%)
Neither.
- 2 (28.6%)
The White.
- 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: Re: Divine Duel Turn X- Hiatus [1 Tribe Spot open]  (Read 23001 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Duel Turn 4- Age of the Void: Behold thy first struggles,
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2020, 12:41:54 pm »

The Extradimensionals
Trait: Psionic Regeneration
Tribe Total: 7
Workers: 7
Food: 8
4 workers forage F6 for food, and 3 workers forage F5 for food
it's over

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2020, 02:58:48 pm »

Swampmen of Uudvurk
Trait: True Faith
Tribe Total: 5
Workers: 5
Food: 6

Praise unto the pondering God!
Praise unto the Ancient One!

From head to toe the men of Uudvurk coat themselves in a thick swathe of swamp muck. A deep, earthy scent and the vanishment of all individualism amongst themselves, with this they proclaim to the enigmatic Jaanin'Maderaak that they are one of mind and body. That they are no more than faithful golems.

At last, as if a genesis from the fertile swamps they have been granted themselves, a new man of Uudvurk emerges.

Three food is consumed to give rise to another worker.

Then three men yet more wade again out into the swamp waters to bring back new and interesting meals to swell their peoples.

Three workers go out into F-4 and scavenge the swampland!.

At last, as must be, one remains amongst their ancestral wetlands and devotes all its will upon worshipping the great Traveller of Ruin. One day may Uudvurk be swept into its open arms from this place.

One swampman prays to Jaanin'Malderaak.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 03:00:19 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2020, 05:50:42 pm »

This is the official notice for the Amazons to post.

Failure to post means lazing around as food dwindles.

Also..

All others' actions are officially locked and processed.

Just you gals left. Also, these have been very bad rolls this round. 2 Workers have died.

Right, anyone want to take them over?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 04:52:36 pm by TricMagic »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2020, 03:47:54 pm »

Jaanin'Maldaraak appears to be unhappy.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2020, 04:43:13 pm »

I will. Where's their most recent statistics?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2020, 04:55:38 pm »

Nearly hit the cut-off, just finished the turn.

You're find in in the first post, there are URLs to each turn. Latest turn link is there.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2020, 06:04:33 pm »

Civ name: The amazons
Tile: F2
Trait: Tribal Superiority
1 worker forage F3 for food.
2 workers research Knapping, because tools are vital.
3 workers research basic stone tools to take advantage of the above research.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 06:08:50 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2020, 06:53:14 pm »

As a note on mechanics when a Civ drops.

Take option A, where you drive a Civ into the ground over a number of turns. Even if you took over, you'd still not have first choice for that Civ spot. Nor would you keep/get anything extra from it.

Another aspect is that you wouldn't be able to pick that spot for the next civ anyway due to a mechanic called Ruins. I call that gaming the system. Gaming the system can make this game unbalanced.

Another option is to literally just chuck your newly controlled civ off into the void. Then you could put your Civ down there, and be born the next turn to act.

Third is to wait turns for the Amazons to starve. By turn 7, they will be dead.

Of the three, option two is best in this situation if you want a new tribe.

Note that even if you are next to each other, you won't automatically get along. So don't think placing your tile in range of another's actions is a good thing short-term.

I'll check back tommorow.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 5: End of the Void Age, Hubris brought low,

And so, the first deaths of the West. Not by war or disease, nor even accident. But by starvation.

The Age of the Void has ended, but what is to come next?

Thul, Purity of Avarice, spends 6 FP, creating a Forest at C6, and Hills at C4.
Only the former is immediately useful but as always, copy the opposing side is a decent strategy. Or maybe he doesn't want anyone to have something he doesn't, which is more likely. Either way, it does mean the West tribes may meet one day, but a full meeting of all three is far off in the future.
Curiously, this does not in fact mean that something will be received in the future because of this. What is different...
Thul, Purity of Avarice, puts the final touches on Deer. His Pondering on Deer is complete, and they are ready to be created!
3 FP Create Deer: Creates 5 deer which can repopulate if hunted. A successful hunt drops 5 food per target. Limit 1 group per tile. Can be replenished by Thul using 1 FP per Deer, or simply 3 FP. Note that Hunting requires tech with which to hunt, and Hunts may not always meet with success. A Tribe can choose how many they aim to down if hunting directly. So long as at least 2 exist, they will repop at 1 per 2 turns.

Jaanin'Maldaraak Ponders Tile Detail Observation. Looking down at the Amazons, he seems displeased.

The Age of the Void's final echo. +1 FP to both Gods.

The West

Blenderong Tribe

4 workers scavenge D3, finding 5 food.
The worker who was set to research starved to death!
1 worker prays to Thul. +1 FP.

Spiderlings
2 workers scavenge separately, B5 and C5, 3 and 2 food respectively.
2 workers pray to Thul. +2 FP
2 workers research trap making.

The Zebra Commonwealth
3 workers scavenge C7, finding 4 food.
1 worker prays to Thul. +1 FP.
1 Worker researches Stone Tools. The other died of Starvation!

Overview
Death visits those who do not feed themselves. Those who extend to far, are fated to fall down.
In other news, 4 FP. And no Hunting Method.

The East

The Amazons
The Amazons did nothing, and lazed their time away. Their god is unhappy.
In a surprising turn of events, a new leader? was elected. There is something off with current events though.
1 worker forages F3, finding 2 food.
2 workers research Knapping, because tools are vital. Research is complete.
3 workers research basic stone tools to take advantage of the above research.

Swampmen of Uudvurk
The Ritual of Birth Failed due to a lack of food.
3 workers scavenge F4, finding 3 food.
1 Worker prays to Jaanin'Maldaraak. The other joins in due to having nothing assigned to them.[TF] +2 FP

The Extradimensionals
4 workers scavenge F6 for food, finding 5 food.
3 workers scavenge F5 for food. 4 Food at was found. It has been noted that they have nearly scoured the land of known foods. It will take some time to regrow. [Psionic Regeneration triggered due to some deciding to try and eat rocks. They don't really digest for whatever reason]

Overview
Stuff. Swampmen didn't assign a worker, but their trait doesn't really allow that unless the numbers not assigned get really big.
Also, you now see what happens when you try to overscavenge a tile. Or nearly anyway.
In other news, strange things occur within the Amazons.

Knapping is, as some people know, taking two stones, and chipping away at one of them to make an edge. It also reduces the number of points needed for Stone Tools. This has not completed the research, but made it easier. It also may have other uses should you go down that path.
You are still missing stuff to make it cheaper still though.

Thul, 1 FP from AotV, 4 FP from tribes.
Jaanin'Maldaraak, 1 FP from AotV, 2 FP from tribe.

Spoiler: Thul's Western Tribes (click to show/hide)

Any errors, tell me.

Also Dustan, can you put down you Civ in advance. I'm advancing cause I don't want this game to die and you agreed to penalty for the swap. In this case I'd make it so that you have less starting food, along with something else that won't come to fruition till mid-game.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 02:00:21 pm by TricMagic »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile

I Had four workers scavenge for food which could have prevented a starving...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I Had four workers scavenge for food which could have prevented a starving...
Ah, right.

Sadly the only error was in stating 3 did so. It was 4, but only 5 food was obtained. You were rather unlucky.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile

Sure... Only i Had five food from the Turn before IT makes No Sense...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure... Only i Had five food from the Turn before IT makes No Sense...

You had five food. 6 was deducted. Since food can't underflow, it became 0. You then gathered 5, while 1 died in the meantime.
Starvation isn't a guaranteed thing right off the bat. But it's not easy to prevent it.

If one can't support higher population numbers, it only makes sense a crash would occur. The Extradimesionals have mostly been going off of good luck so far.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 03:06:57 pm by TricMagic »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Spoiler: New civ (click to show/hide)
Compelled by some unknown force from beyond, all of the amazons gather their belongings and move to leap into the void at G2 which will invariably consume them.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile

Swampmen of Uudvurk
Trait: True Faith
Tribe Total: 5
Workers: 5
Food: 4

The men of Uudvurk languar as food diminishes, failing to bring rise to yet more hands for whom could grasp yet more food. Still, as always thrir faith is unshakable, and though for many, life in these bogs would be impossible, under the hand of Jaanin'Maldaraak, they will flourish!

With that said, it is this day that many of the Swamp folk go out unto the place of their namesake and scrounge the bottoms of the mud pools with their sharp stones in search of tubers and fish alike. Hoping to store supply perhaps for their ongoing worship.

Four Swampmen head into F4, scavenging for all manner of food.

It was time they put their hands together to work, the remaining workers in the wetland take knapped flint and other rocks and begin to devise just how to make the discovery more useful. Maybe then their diety would be proud.

One worker researches basic stone tools.

I've lost control of my life.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25