Headshoots Lunar Facility
- 2 (66.7%)
Hellcannon Gardens
- 1 (33.3%)
Bay12’s Jurassic Park.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Zoo Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon 2, and JPOG  (Read 65304 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay 12 Zoos:Let's Play Jurassic Park Operation Genesis
« Reply #405 on: October 23, 2020, 06:55:26 pm »

I won’t be able to update tonight.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 24, 2020, 04:13:33 pm »

When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

March-September, 2003

Alright, looks like we've got our plan. We'll keep the proven version of the park for now to finish funding our DNA extractions and research, then we'll begin rebuilding. The treasure we've been gathering should smooth over unexpected costs as we briefly shut down the park to move all the buildings.

The Board has sent us another performance review. As long as we maintain our five star rating, this is the only review they give.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Carcharadontosaurus has reached 50%. No reason to produce this one or Spinosaurus yet, though. We'd have to build an exhibit that we're just going to tear down shortly. When we make them, we can release them directly into the wild. Since all our dinosaurs are female, I think we should have hatcheries scattered throughout the island to replace breeding.

Nearly managed to capture the dilophosaur's venom spit, but a bush blocked the final moment.

Ouranosaurus has reached 100%.

Carcharadontosaurus is also at 100%, but we're still waiting. We've only got two research projects left to complete (the avoidance beacon and the lethal gene), along with finding the Spinosaurus genome.

We've bought the exorbitantly expensive final dig team. Since we'll be needing as many fossils as possible to sell in the near future, I'm hoping they'll pay for themselves.

Spinosaurus is now at 55%.

The lethal gene is easily the most expensive research project in the game. It lets us remotely kill any dinosaur produced after its invention. It'll be our last bit of research to do before we complete science. In practice, it's almost always better to tranquilize the dinosaur and simply shooting them is often faster than the lethal gene's damage over time effect.

We were always going to need to empty the park prior to the rebuilding, but it looks like nature's put a deadline on us. Another tornado is coming at the beginning of next month. At least we'll have the thunderstorm to warn us when it's time for the guests to run.

The weather's still good, but I was thinking about the incoming tornado. We have a lot of dinosaurs, especially lightweight ones, all bunched up and caged together. We've grown to the point that the tornado is likely to kill at least some of our dinosaurs, but I think their odds of survival are best if we free them now and let them spread out.

The first step was to activate emergency mode. The guests evacuated, marking the last day of the old park.

As they fled to the visitor center, we began to tranquilize and move all the herbivores. Since they're plant eaters and we're moving them to the other side of the mountains, it should be safe to begin the removal.

The storm began as we worked to free the herbivores.

This time, we were able to make sure the Brachiosaurus was the first one out.

We did what we could, but it proved impossible to get all the dinosaurs evacuated manually before the tornado arrived.

To compensate, we simply knocked down sections of the fences to let the dinosaurs flee on their own.

Ironically, our evacuation point was actually closer to the tornado than the main park.

Thankfully, the tornado bypassed both it and the remaining dinosaurs in the herbivore pen on its first run. However, the Velociraptors weren't so lucky. The entire pack was destroyed.

Immediately afterward, a single Ceratosaurus was killed. Its partner survived thanks to being evacuated at the last second.

After that, the tornado went out to sea and spun out.

It left behind a partially smoking, empty park, but the dinosaurs are finally free.

Beyond the fence.

Park rating:Life finds a way.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 25, 2020, 07:59:25 am »

Now it will be the humans in the cages for the dinosaurs to laugh and throw peanuts at!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 25, 2020, 03:40:04 pm »

The Lost World

September-December, 2003

We've got plenty of work to do as we reconfigure the park.

First, we've got some good news. As the park was falling apart, we completed our last research project and found enough fossils to get Spinosaurus to 100%.

Next up, we've taken the park off emergency mode and officially closed it down for the moment. We'll follow that up by removing some of the buildings that are no longer helpful. We'll leave some of the infrastructure in place though, just for the image of dinosaurs wandering through the ruins.

We've had our first instance of one dinosaur preying on another. A Dryosaurus was taken down by our surviving Ceratosaurus.

That brings us to our next point, placing food and hatcheries around the island. Our herbivores can live off the natural trees, but we should add more carnivore feeders to provide cattle and goats at the bottom of the food chain and help sustain predators that wander away from the main herds. The hatcheries in the opened herbivore and breeding pens can provide coverage to the loosely defined "central" and "northwest" areas. We'll place a few more in the other areas. Our Ceratosaurus wandered south to the new eastern hatchery, so we've provided a replacement for the dead one.

Each hatchery is accompanied by a carnivore feeder. You can see where they've been placed on the map by the isolated green rectangles.

With that done, we'll begin fortifying the mountains for our new park. This box should be enough to get started. We sold some gold and opals to fund the high security fencing.

It cost most of our treasure, but we've built a basic park inside the cage. It should be sufficient for us to reopen. More balloons will come later.

With regards to Maximum Spin's "sustainable level of human eating", there is a chance that the balloons will crash on rare occasions. We can send the chopper to rescue the stranded guests, though. It shouldn't be a problem.

We still have our original ranger station. They'll be fine out in the wilderness.

Aside from our initial balloon, we've got a tunnel-accessible viewing dome out near the largest herbivore gathering. The herd is mostly happy to stick to the general area they were evacuated to, with smaller groups occasionally wandering off.

Don't worry, our bathroom is still charging guests.

Jurassic Park is back in business.

Two isolated and starving Albertosaurus fight for the only food source available.

Park rating:2.5 stars(We'll work our way back up to 5.)
My mods and forum games.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 25, 2020, 07:25:27 pm »

How do the tunnels work? Can we place them separate from the viewing domes to connect satellite destinations to our hub?

Although if we're planning around human eating, maybe surface paths guarded by our cardboard(TM) fences would be the better approach.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 25, 2020, 08:41:11 pm »

How do the tunnels work? Can we place them separate from the viewing domes to connect satellite destinations to our hub?

Although if we're planning around human eating, maybe surface paths guarded by our cardboard(TM) fences would be the better approach.

Unfortunately, they're not real tunnels. The game just says they are. What really happens is that the guests get teleported back and forth from the entrance to the dome and vice versa. It's a good idea, though. This game's spiritual successor, Jurassic World Evolution, lets you do that idea with monorails.

If we do want multiple hubs, we could build disconnected parks by building additional park entrances. Guests will randomly decide which "park" to go to on the way in. I'm not sure what we'd do with the extra guest areas, though.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 08:47:50 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 26, 2020, 02:46:00 am »

Could we connect separate parts of the park together with the jeep ride or does that have to be a circle?

I still think the jeep ride is a good idea, we could have it go through the ruins of the old park.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 26, 2020, 07:54:37 pm »

I tested connecting the Jeep rides, unfortunately it turns out that they do need to be a circle connected to the initial station. I'm still not sure what the point would be, though. What would the other hubs be used for?

Up

December 2003-May 2004

Our remaining Albertosaurus passed out due to intense stress caused by unfulfilled hunting needs. We sent out our helicopter and saved it.

We've also increased our fleet to the maximum of five balloons. This game was designed with porting to the original Xbox and Playstation 2 in mind, so every building has a limit on how many we can place. We've generally been able to work around it, though.

Four of them are set to explore one corner of the island each, and we use the last one to track the major herbivore movements. I think they make a cool sight floating over the jungle. Rides cost $50.

I'll just admit it straight up, I'm really reluctant to build a Jeep ride. I almost never do it in my own playthroughs, since it's just so needlessly dangerous. Our Spinosaurus and Carcharadontosaurus are likely to intentionally target and destroy the vehicles, and even the big herbivores can accidentally crush them if spooked. We'd be out a lot of money if a car full of tourists gets eaten.

Speaking of our as yet unresurrected dinosaurs, it's a new year. We've got a list of every dinosaur species in the park and their numbers. Unless there are objections, I'm going to simulate breeding by refilling each species to its set peak every January. Maybe with exceptions if someone makes a request or if all the predators die.

Looks like we need to replenish Albertosaurus, Dryosaurus, and Velociraptor. We also need to make our first Spinosaurus and Carcharadontosaurus. We'll make one each of the latter two. As you can see on the map, our dinosaurs have been steadily heading south with few exceptions. To spread them out a bit more, we'll create our replacement dinosaurs on the relatively empty sections of the island.

Hey, I finally got a shot of a Dilophosaurus spitting!

Interestingly, they seem to be the only dinosaurs still living primarily in the old park. It took them longer than the others to leave their exhibit, that's probably the reason.

Anyway, back to producing our new dinosaurs. The replacements have been manufactured. The new Velociraptor pack left us with only a few opals left in the bank, but we'll manage.

The Dilophosaurus pack has abruptly decided to move out of their old enclosure. They're heading west, and are (as of this writing) wandering outside the ranger station. They were chasing prey when I checked on them, so I suppose the goats led them over there.

Since they were on opposite sides of the herbivore's migration, we've released Spinosaurus and Carcharadontosaurus from the southeast and western hatcheries.

The Dryosaurus have not been doing well in the wild thus far. Predators pick them off on a regular basis. I think we could safely let them wander around the main park-cage like peacocks at the zoo, if we wanted to.

The predators don't necessarily win every time, though. A pair of Pachycephalosaurus was able to kill a Ceratosaurus.

We can take photographs from our balloons. High enough scores win us cash prizes.

A Velociraptor wandered off from its pack, became stressed, and went on a rampage. When rampaging, a dinosaur goes berserk and attempts to kill every dinosaur it comes in contact with. In this case, it tracked down and killed one of its own packmates. Only Velociraptor and the large carnivores can rampage.

Given the danger a rampaging Velociraptor posed to our other dinosaurs, we intervened by sending out the helicopter to calm it down with tranquilizers.

Guests viewing a Carcharadontosaurus from a balloon.

Park rating:2.5 stars(Our rating had decayed to two stars, but we're finally gaining ground again.)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 07:56:11 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 27, 2020, 03:05:54 am »

I figured the other hubs would get the people views of different parts of the island and different dinosaur herds.

To bad the little jeep thingies suck.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 27, 2020, 09:30:07 pm »

Raging storm

May-July, 2004

We'll do the jeep thing.

First things first though, we've got a rampaging dinosaur. A Velociraptor went off again and charged the herbivore herd. We called the helicopter, but an Ankylosaurus took care of the problem before we could get there.

Overall, I've been noticing a lot of stress among the predators. Apparently we need more prey. Any suggestions for which small herbivore we should add more of? Many dinosaurs are getting picked off and eaten in general. We may need to increase the replacement rate.

Anyway, back to the Jeep tour.

Tour's up and running. It has a maximum route length of 800 meters, which it spends on a circular trip through the old park ruins. You can see the path marked out on the map.

Both surviving Velociraptors are rampaging. They really seem easy to set off.

We've been experiencing such clear weather lately that I hadn't looked at the forecast in a while. A tornado was suddenly upon us. Emergency mode was declared, but the balloon fleet was still in the air.

Our PR department continues to have odd priorities.

Miraculously, our balloons all managed to land successfully, despite an extremely close encounter by one of them.

Some irrelevant fences were destroyed and some buildings were damaged.

Dinosaurs fled from the tornado, and many were killed.

Next time, we should probably skip ahead to making our next generation of dinosaurs due to all the Velociraptor/tornado damage.

Spinosaurus vs Ankylosaurus

Park rating:2.5 stars
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 02:13:08 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 28, 2020, 03:02:53 am »

The dinosaurs seem to die pretty quick and often, will any of them live to die of old age?

Maybe we should just get loads of all the different kinds of herbivores.

Also whats with all the red buildings on the map?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 28, 2020, 07:54:31 am »

Yes, we need to pump up all kinds of herbivores to fill the island as much as possible.
On that note, how is our income doing? I know we spent most of our stockpiled treasures during the rebuild.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 28, 2020, 09:37:14 am »

The dinosaurs seem to die pretty quick and often, will any of them live to die of old age?

Maybe we should just get loads of all the different kinds of herbivores.

Also whats with all the red buildings on the map?
Yes, we need to pump up all kinds of herbivores to fill the island as much as possible.
On that note, how is our income doing? I know we spent most of our stockpiled treasures during the rebuild.

The Brachiosaurus is almost sure to survive. Predators never hunt them, so about the only thing that can kill them is a direct hit from a tornado.

The red buildings were damaged by the tornado and just haven’t been fixed yet.

If we want a ton of herbivores, I’ll see about figuring out how to mod out the population limits imposed by the game’s console ports. Normally there’s a cap of 60 dinosaurs. I may do that instead of updating today. While I’m at it, I may as well remove the dig site limits.

We’re clearly making less money than before, but we still get a couple thousand dollars when waves of guests arrive. We are almost out of treasure.

*I'm not actually sure I can find the correct files to change. The game installed oddly. There's one set of files that seems easy to change, but they don't seem to be the correct ones. It's done that thing old games sometimes do, where the files are installed twice and one installation is buried deep in the computer somewhere. Still trying to find our save. Whatever the installation did, it works unusually perfectly for its age, which makes me nervous about poking at the files.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 07:54:24 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 28, 2020, 09:03:30 pm »

Alright, no modding changes today. I dug around my computer for roughly an hour looking for the True Files, still no idea where it's saving to or why it works so well.

Primal Prey

July-November, 2004

That Ankylosaurus from yesterday's stinger image survived the Spinosaurus attack and forced the predator to retreat with major wounds. Ankylosaurus is probably the strongest dinosaur in the game in a straight fight. Its armor makes it very resistant to bites, and its ability to run away and attack with its tail at the same time makes it difficult for predators to lock on. As far as I know, only Velociraptor packs and T. rex have any real chance against them, and those two only because they have special animations that bypass the standard combat.

Meanwhile, Ceratosaurus briefly became extinct again after being taken down by an Albertosaurus.

Our rangers were able to calm down the last Velociraptor, so at least they're alright for now.

It wasn't the only one for long. It set us back a bit financially, but we were able to rebuild the island's dinosaur population to pre-disaster levels.

We've gained some fame back, our tours are in near-constant demand, and we've moved the dig teams to a more profitable spot in Judith River Group A, so we're doing pretty well anyway.

To solve the issue of having insufficient prey, we're increasing the Gallimimus population target to 10. They're relatively cheap, decently popular with the guests, and the predators can pick them off without much trouble.

The Carcharadontosaurus went on a brief rampage, taking out an Ouranosaurus.

Our original Albertosaurus managed to survive long enough to die of old age.

Looking at their stats, Homalocephale seems equally qualified to serve as a major prey animal. We'll start keeping ten of them as well.

The Spinosaurus and Carcharadontosaurus met. They roared at each other for a bit until the Carcharadontosaurus backed down.

The raptors' extremely high prey drive and propensity to rampage remains a problem. If this keeps up, it might be necessary to isolate them in a pen with a goat dispenser again.

A herd of Homalocephale enjoying each other's company.

Park rating:3 stars
My mods and forum games.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 29, 2020, 06:06:47 am »

Could the file your looking for be in %appdata% because I've noticed somethings like to shove crap in there.

I wonder why the velociraptors get butthurt so easily?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30