Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52486 times)

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance - Arc 1: The Game
« Reply #735 on: September 14, 2021, 07:37:07 pm »

Eilyth

Man, she really is like a little kid...

"Eh come on, it's not that odd." Eilyth said. She leaned down to get on eye level with the girl. "It's a name. You know, what people call you. People call me Eilyth, so I'm Eilyth. Some of them call me Cath-Helel, so I'm Cath-Helel too. I can't just call you gone though- you're clearly right here in front of me. So I'll call ya Fairy instead, since it fits better. Here, at least try it out with me: Feh-Ree... See? It's not that weird once you get used to it."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #736 on: October 06, 2021, 11:32:31 am »

Kirari

Kirari inclined her head in a small nod. "Understood, Major." She had to admit that, despite her apprehension, a part of her was looking forward to this. It would be nice to get to play with puppets again and not have to feel guilty about it, so long as she didn't draw things out like she had in the past. "I'll give you an overview of my combat style along the way." She glanced at Faith as she said this last. Kirari would have preferred to fight alone - she thrived when outnumbered - but the utility of having a holy weapon like Faith's as a safe point was undeniable.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 06, 2021, 01:18:31 pm »

Eilyth

The girl's body un-tilted and she nodded with understanding. "Fairy." she pointed at herself, "All gone. What do?"

Yava

"That makes things pretty tough." Siren explained, "My dreams are real vague, finding things on purpose means finding details to latch onto and focus them with. It's like trying to remember someone's face but you only know that they wrote a book you read when you were ten."

She looked apologetic and it almost seemed that Yava wouldn't be getting the information she needed after all. But then Siren lit up like a birthday cake.

"Wait!" she said ecstatically, "Your employer wouldn't know about a complete stranger's powers without some sort of connection. If you tell me more about her, maybe I can use that connection to find the person you're looking for. Like transferring a phone call with a switchboard."

Astarte

Teya confidently led Astarte towards the largest ship docked in Renarbor. While the presence of smaller cruisers and destroyers in the hands of lawless brigands was already terrifying, the Promise blew them all out of the water, possibly literally. It was just a few short hops from being an out-and-out battleship. According to Teya, the overlord of this region, Theresa Malakai, was on the precipice of securing a major shipping deal. However, a rival planned to sabotage her by raiding the first convoy, and Teya had details on their battle plans that she intended to trade for the information that Astarte needed.

A solitary woman dressed in pirate garb and with a sword in place of her hand stood guard at the gangplank. Teya didn't seem concerned, but Astarte's instincts buzzed a warning down the back of her neck. Something dangerous was about to happen, and she needed to figure out what fast.

Monika and Kirari

Emmery stood up suddenly, prompting all heads to turn in her direction. She craned her head upwards. "I'll be going now." she said, then she turned to face the others in the room, "Goodbye." And without paying any heed to the response, she simply walked out.

There was an awkward silence that followed. Eventually, Sally broke it with a question, "So, uh, what do I do?"
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 06, 2021, 02:44:33 pm »

Yava

She stared at the girl for a few moments before finally sighing. Likely a fair bit messier of an avenue than she'd liked, but it was at least worth a shot. It was time to see how much she could tone down a bat shit insane story.

"Very... well then," She said, "But you are going to want to take seat for this. I would not believe what I'm about to say myself, had I not lived through it... My employer is Erina. Yis, that Erina. She plays at niceties but in truth she is... person of horrifying power, more than any normal meister has right to. More than famous Lily of Damnation, even. I do not know how she acquired it, or how long she hid it, but she plays at great game I cannot see end of, even as I contribute to it. She is dangerous, unhinged, and probably willing to do great many terrible things for sake of whatever world she hopes to create. Seer I have been sent to kill is part of that game she plays, and likely to interfere with whatever she has planned."

She paused expectantly, as if gauging Siren's reaction so far...

Eilyth
Despite herself she smiled and gave the girl a thumbs up before contemplating the question. "Well... I can't exactly just leave ya here. And you did say you wanted to help me right? How about you come with me and my friends, and we'll all try to save the world from a nasty witch of a goddess? That sound good, Fairy?"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 05:29:19 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 07, 2021, 01:05:54 pm »

Monika

Turning her head to watch Emmery make her leave, Monika took a few seconds to find her words again, something that was quickly found thanks to Sally's question. With it, Monika turned back to the younger woman, lowering her hand from her chin, "You'll be with me. I'm confident in my ability to strike Saro down once she gets into range, but your weapon should reduce any possible risk" she replied, glancing back at the tent's entrance, "Judging by how quickly Emmery left, I think we should get prepared. Our primary objective is to eliminate Saro Ven; as of now, everything else is secondary."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 07, 2021, 03:24:50 pm »

Yava

Siren raised both eyebrows as Yava described Kallisto and her game. It didn't seem like surprise so much as recognition, as if Siren knew what Yava was talking about.

"Wait, so you're saying..." she paused as if she had to wait for the gears in her head to turn, "You're saying that Erina is the golden queen with the chessboard? And you're working for her? But wait, doesn't that mean..?"

Siren's eyes flicked around the room as if expecting someone to show up.

"No, we're safe." siren said, sounding relieved, "I thought for a second that you might be the chained knight, but that doesn't make any sense. If you'd been in any of my dreams I'm sure I'd recognize you. Actually, it's weird that you haven't been in any of them, if you're working for the queen then you have to be important, right?"

Mirka and Estela

Estela's unit was assigned to a rear guard position. Thanks to their excellent dueling potential, their job was to ambush any enemy that tried to sneak through the front lines. To that end, Iona was stationed a ways up, using her crossbow's ability to camouflage her into the terrain to keep watch. She provided the rest of the unit regular updates, all of which thus far had been some varation of, "Nothing yet." It was a fairly boring position at this point in the battle, but if an enemy managed to break through then it was going to be among the most important anchors, which meant tons of excitement.

"I've got something." Iona finally disrupted the monotony with interesting news, "It's a bit weird though, there's a lone Katrian officer walking this way. I tried raising her on the radio but just got outside chatter. Not sure what to make of it. Over."

Kirari

The position that Monika and Cay had chosen was fairly out of the way, but close enough that Kirari and Faith had killed a few enlisted. They let a few more escape in the hopes that Kirari's presence would draw Saro's attention. The hapless Neridan meister following Kirari around was proof that they'd drawn some attention at least. The poor girl had begged to be let go at first, but Kirari had just taken over her mouth and forced it shut. Admirably, she'd refused to give out details of her holy weapon. Based on the fight, it was pretty obvious that the shotgun fired waves of Force energy in place of shells.

Monika

It was hard not to be antsy while watching for Saro to show up, but Sally's hyperactive nature was increasingly grating. She was perhaps not the best companion for a stakeout. The number of times she'd just randomly decided to punch a tree out of boredom was edging on 30, and that paled in comparison to how often she radioed Cay to ask if Saro had been spotted yet. Kirari and Faith did seem to have drawn some attention with their push, as evidenced by the unfortunate girl Kirari had taken control of. It seemed unlikely that the next attack would come from a big name when the first was some nobody, but the Wrath of God was relying on Kirari's own name recognition to win the day.

Besides, things always seemed to go Monika's way.

Kirari

A girl dressed in a leather coat and wearing a cowboy hat approached Kirari and Faith. That description could only be one person. The plan had worked. Saro Ven raised her arm up, pointing her revolver out towards the battlefield, she swiftly pulled the trigger five times. A few seconds later, Cay announced a burst of casualty reports nearby over the radio. Saro then spun the revolver's chamber and pointed it at Kirari.

"You there." she called, "You're Kirari Arceneaux, right?"

She didn't wait for an answer before pulling the trigger, but no bullet fired.

"Oh, too bad." she giggled cheerfully.

She then reached behind herself into her holy weapon and pulled out five bullets. She showed them off to Kirari, still covered in blood from the men she'd just killed, and casually began loading her revolver as she closed the distance. A few more meters and she'd be close enough for Kirari to use the shotgun girl's weapon on her.

"Kirari, you wanted to know when Verna Hembrite made a showing, right?" Cay called over the radio, "Three meisters just went down to your east about ten minutes ago, reports described a 'lunatic with a tiny sun.' If you hurry you might be able to catch her."
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 03:51:52 pm by Takosher »
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 07, 2021, 03:40:39 pm »

Yava

"So you know true way of things already?" Yava smirked, leaning against the wall. "Good, good. This makes things simpler. Yis. It is so. She is very much golden queen... and golden psycho. The... chained knight you have seen is person I owe great deal to, and sole reason I pretend to work for that bitch. As for why I do not appear in dreams, it is because I am too weak: I am but humble Thief, forsaken by Truth and Fate alike. Your power peers into future, and thus you are probably tied to Fate by nature. I am as invisible to your farsight as I am to Erina right now. Which is good, because I will stop her at all cost... but first I must know if this grand seer she fears can be convinced to act as friend instead of foe. I am doubtful, but it is worth try."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #742 on: October 07, 2021, 05:01:25 pm »

Kirari

The battle thus far held an odd mix of emotions thus far for Kirari. She'd had a little fun with the enlisted they'd encountered (hence the spatter of blood on her face,) but she was trying not to go overboard, and the situation demanded she keep her pace up. This girl, too, had been a thorn in her side. Kirari had been nice, letting her keep control of her mouth even after she refused to spill the details on her weapon, but then she'd just kept screaming and begging to be spared. It twisted at something inside her enough that she wasn't sure how she would have proceeded had silencing the girl not been on the table. Her thoughts, however, were interrupted by the reason they'd come out here in the first place.

"You could say that, yes." The voice had a certain (lack of) intonation that was distinctively Kirari's, but it came from her unfortunate prisoner, who continued forward for a few steps before Kirari stopped her. "That's so disappointingly wasteful, you know. Killing your victims in a way that you can't even see them?" The actual Kirari, meanwhile, had taken an equal number of steps back toward the tank as she radioed back in. "Saro is here," she said as she had her puppet talk. "We'll need to move fast if I'm going to take care of her." The Shadow meister left the other caveat unsaid, of course; it was obvious that her surviving this encounter was necessary for that to happen.

"I figured I'd try another body out for a spin. This one's nice enough, but not very exciting. Care to help me keep looking?" After this last, she let the girl have control over her voice back. Maybe her blathering would slow Saro down enough that the girl and Kirari would both walk away from this. Once Monika engaged Saro, there was no reason to hold control over her after all - she'd just march her back until someone else could take custody of her and head off after Verna.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 05:03:08 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 07, 2021, 07:19:34 pm »

Kirari

As soon as her voice was hers again, the girl started pleading, "Oh god Saro please you have to help me!"

Saro stopped walking and temporarily halted her attempts to load her gun. "You're Miko, right?" she said, "I heard you talking to that other girl, Sammy? You were telling her how I inspired you to join the military. It was real sweet."

Miko's eyes lit up. "You know who I am?" she sounded awestruck.

"I mean yeah, of course I do." Saro slipped the last bullet into her revolver and spun the chamber dramatically. "How could I forget someone loudly fawning over me like an idiot?" She leveled the weapon at Miko. "People like you are exactly why I keep fighting. You remind me of how important I am." She laughed and let the gun drop again, a smile beaming across her face. "You're completely replaceable, there's a thousand Mikos. But me? There's only one Saro Ven."

She rapidly raised her weapon again and unloaded on the tank. Armor that should have easily repelled such small ordinance normally found itself struggling to stand up to five of the six shots. It didn't stand up to the sixth. A shout from Faith could be heard from inside, followed by an announcement over the radio.

"She shot my leg." Faith said with an obvious wince in her voice, "But I'm okay. Looks like her bullets always go right there, so I just need to stay clear." she paused before admitting, "It's next to the gunner's spot."
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #744 on: October 07, 2021, 07:35:26 pm »

Kirari

Admittedly, that wasn't quite the response she'd expected. Ignoring her, trying to comfort her comrade, those were things she'd been prepared for. Somewhat less, simply shooting the unwanted variable to get it out of her way. Cheerfully informing the meister - Miko, apparently - that she meant absolutely nothing to Saro was not on the list. She wasn't going to complain about the time it took - she took the opportunity to dash toward the tank, trying to place it between herself and the bullets of instant death. She also let Miko have her legs back. From there, Kirari would watch (carefully, as to not place too much of herself in the line of fire.) If Miko closed the distance, especially before Saro reloaded fully, she'd fire the shotgun at Saro and hopefully disrupt her efforts (and hopefully let Kirari get into the somewhat greater security of the tank's interior. She'd also let Miko have the rest of her body back at the same time. She might still die, but it lowered the odds, and she wasn't worried about the additional enemy meister if she were already in a secure position.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 07:37:50 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 08, 2021, 12:06:14 am »

(I've left in the quotes for ease of navigation back to the last GM post regarding my characters, as I have sorely neglected my duties as a player for much too long and it would likely be a hassle to check stuff. I'd like to apologize for my crappy forum game etiquette; now that I've posted stuff again, I think it should be easier to get back into doing so regularly.
Once again, I'm sorry for failing to post my actions as I was supposed to for so long. It's been literal months, and that's just shitty of me.)

Jessie

Iyeseteru finally gave Jessie some of her attention. "One who world steal away knowledge cannot be seen as a haven." she said cryptically.

Behind Jessie, Farore hadn't budged. Also, Hellia had been quiet. Hopefully that meant the tinkerer was up to something.

"It's alright, Iyeseteru, I'm going with Alice because she's safe." Farore said, "Please let me go."

"I can't, these thieves are set to sell you to the Neridan government." Iyeseteru said, "Perhaps this one has promised you safety, but can she speak for her comrades?"
Jessie

Somewhere in her head, Jessie's brain threw an exception. Input valid but unanticipated. Error: response not found.

Why the fuck did she still have her knife out. What the fuck was she going to do with it. How the fuck was she supposed to get out of this.

Was she twitching? She was absolutely fucking twitching, she had no idea what to do. Her... coworkers? were going to sell Farore to Neridus? Fuck Neridus, fuck that. Or was the woman only saying that to throw her off? It's not like she had any reason to trust this woman - but it's not like she trusted Mack's crew, either, and they were mercenaries. Fuck, what the hell was she even doing?

She played with the question in her head a bit. What was she doing?

Well, right fucking now she was protecting Farore.

The knife stayed out. She was twitching like hell.
One of her feet shifted a bit. Not a lot. But enough so that she could pivot to turn around on a moment's notice if anyone behind her tried to go at Farore.
She tried to set her face to be... stony, or intimidating, or something. It was probably just panicked.

"What. The hell. Is going on here?"

Silvia

Mirala shook her head. "Nowhere here, we need to get this back to Katria as soon as possible." She frowned, "But we also have a lot more to learn here." Her eyes lit up as she remembered, "Oh right, what was it you found?"

They would need to find a way to relay this important information back to Katria, but rushing out in a hurry would cause trouble. For the moment, the best they could do was focus on consolidating information and searching for a way to pass a message discretely.
Silvia

"Meister dossier. Comparably unimportant, but probably useful anyway." She still kept her voice down, of course. If the hallway was safe enough to discuss Neridus going goddesses-damned airborne, it was safe enough to mention what she'd found, but there was no need to be reckless.
"We should be able to discuss it more later. What's our schedule?"
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 08, 2021, 08:16:15 am »

Monika

While the two waited for the trap to be sprung, Monika simply… Sat against a tree, preparing herself for her confrontation with Saro. She'd have once chance to do things, and though she had done everything in her power to ensure the odds were in her favor, even ignoring the fact that things seemed to always go her way, she would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous. Sally didn't help at all, but Monika couldn't blame her; This WAS a highly risky mission. Thankfully, they didn't need to wait that long after the 30th tree punch before the radio crackled to life, Kirari confirming the presence of Saro followed by Faith stating that she was shot.

“Showtime” Monika stated, rising to her feet and rolling her shoulders, “Sally, boost me" she quickly added, politely waiting for Sally to activate her own Holy Weapon before stepping around the tree, letting out a held breath as she oriented herself towards Faith and Kirari. Then, in an instant, she was gone, an explosion of heat launching her forward.

Once chance. She wouldn't screw it up.

Astarte

Astarte, though rather rigid and slightly cynical in this day and age, couldn't help but be impressed by the size of the Promise. She had seen plenty of ships before, but none equaled the size of the psuedo-battleship. Of course, even her awe couldn't distract her from the danger that seemed to lurk in the air. Perhaps it was just because she was around lawless brigands, but she still kept a keen eye on the surroundings. She was already content with letting Teya speak, so she could focus her attention on being alert.
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 08, 2021, 11:31:37 am »

Monika and Kirari

Miko didn't move an inch when Kirari released her legs. She just stood there looking defeated.

Saro was much swifter to reload this time, no longer making a show of the act. Luckily, Kirari was able to safely duck behind the tank. The sound of Monika exploding towards them launched Saro into action. She pointed the revolver at Miko once more and gleefully shouted, "Hey Miko, do you want to die?!" The trigger depressed and the girl's time was up, she would have no future.

Against Kirari's will, Miko's body sprung into action. Something beyond the hierarchy took over. A pure, unadulterated instinct more powerful than even the fear of death. It was as though Miko had undergone an awakening. For just an instant she was completely in tune with Hope itself, all else melting away. Kirari might not have even realized what was happening had she not felt it through her connection to the girl. This was a hopeless girl, one who had long since abandoned any thought of being more than the useless minnow she was. Saro's earlier jab hadn't even stung, because it was what Miko already believed. To stand against her death was pointless, and yet she stood anyways. The hopeless girl had chosen to take the future she had never wanted by force, and there was nothing anyone could do to stop her.

There was a resounding crack as the shotgun blast reversed the bullet's course. Saro deftly tilted her head aside to avoid the projectile, as though she had expected precisely this result. Kirari's power reasserted itself, but the die was already cast.

Saro's Last Smile sailed through the air towards Monika, sealing the prince's fate.

Jessie

Iyeseteru took advantage of Jessie's outburst to charge. Given an explosion had left the woman untouched, it wasn't much surprise that she didn't fear a knife. In response, Farore threw a tube of lipstick at Iyeseteru that cut a deep gash in her shoulder. Jessie recognized the lipstick as one of Hellia's gadgets, despite appearing as lipstick, it had the properties of a circular saw blade. Iyeseteru stumbled in response to the sudden pain, clutching her shoulder and crying out as she fell to the ground. Immediately she was working to get to her feet, making it merely a temporary distraction.

"Goddammit Alice! Why couldn't you just play along?" Hellia shouted.

A wave of water washed over Farore and suddenly Jessie was standing next to a tall teenage boy. "Come on Alice, we need to get out of here." He said as he turned to sprint after Hellia.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 08, 2021, 12:01:14 pm »

Monika

With years of fighting on her belt, Monika was quick to notice the turn of events and, subsequently, Saro's bullet heading towards her. For a brief moment, the world slowed down as the two forces sped towards each other, the bullet already marking its target. The Prince had a fair amount of experience deflecting bullets, but from what she had learned, not every bullet that avoided her was intentional on her part. For all she knew, she never actually did any of that. Her deflections were all just a façade, even with regular bullets. With Saro's, it was entirely likely that she couldn't do anything to stop it.

By all accounts, Monika should've been dead already.

... To hell with it all. She had already decided that she wouldn't lose, and therefor, she wouldn't.

As soon as the bullet got within range of her, Monika let out several more bursts from her body, the first few serving to redirect the bullet into the ground below, while the others served to recover her forward moment, allowing Monika to further close the distance between her and Saro, another flurry of explosions causing Monika to rapidly spin, giving her more momentum as she brought her Halberd on Saro with a two handed swing.
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #749 on: October 08, 2021, 12:15:02 pm »

Kirari

Kirari hesitated as time seemed to stretch out. Miko eking out control from under her, even for a moment, was unsettling, even if the wash of the action resonated with something deep within her, but far more than that, she feared for Monika. Already, though, the woman was moving to evade the projectile, her commanding officer accomplishing the impossible once again against the worst threat Neridus had to offer. Her role here was done; she'd served as bait and drawn Saro out, and now it was Monika's turn to take care of it.

The thought wrenched at her. She needed to leave, and indeed, she was already starting to move. Something about it felt bitter, though. She was running again, leaving her friend behind to another terrifying monster of a meister to go chase the one that had suffered in her place for it. "You're not allowed to die here, Monika. I still have more to say to you." There was another person she cared about that she could help. Kirari clung to that thought as she sped off in the direction Verna had been spotted. She ordered her hapless pawn to throw her weapon away as hard as she could, and to start running after it. Kirari stole one last glance at the fight between the two through the girl's eyes before she released Miko entirely, hoping that the show of mercy wouldn't come back to bite her - or Monika.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 70