Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52457 times)

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance - Arc 1: The Game
« Reply #720 on: September 13, 2021, 01:17:31 pm »

Yava
"No, I am afraid not," Yava sighed "All I have been told is that she is powerful seer, with ability to monitor many events over large areas simultaneously. Beyond that my employer was as clueless to her identity as I am. She is complete unknown beyond what she can do and threat she poses."

She started to wonder if maybe the key would help here. She wasn't sure how much of a strong divide there was between simple probability and actual Fate, but perhaps if she got creative she could try to get some image of her target conjured up. It would be a start, at least... she'd wait to hear what Siren's prognosis was first though.

Eilyth
The answer took her aback. She wasn't quite sure what she'd been expecting, but to simply be called normal was still surprising. She glanced back at what remained of Tahra, for the first time now able to see something other than the cruel witch she had hated her entire life.

Normal? That was it... wasn't it? I think I remember now. The same as Brigitte, I just wanted to feel some fucking normalcy. But you people never let either of us have that. That's how this whole mess started. And that's why you're dead now. Why did it have to be this way...?

Quote from: Patt
"Hey do you... need a moment? I know you wanted to tear her throat out with your teeth, but family's complicated. Feelings even moreso. Might do you some good to pay your disrespects."

"huh, what? Oh..." The question shook her back to reality just briefly. She blinked a bit before returning her gaze to the corpse. "Yeah. Yeah, maybe it would. Tell the others to get ready, I won't be but a few minutes."

With that said she waited until Patt was gone. Then she sat down against the wall, gazed out the window, and wondered where it had all turned to shit.

"Normal. Ain't that a kick?" A single drop streaked it's way down her cheek as she laughed mirthlessly. "I never asked for this. It's so... fucking obvious now. Why it feels so empty, seeing you lie here with that look on your face. All I wanted was some fucking normalcy. I never wanted to hate any of you. I never wanted to want any of you dead. All I ever wanted was a chance at what other people had. But I guess this family just wasn't cut out for normal, was it?"

She pulled her knees up to her chest and buried her face in them. She fought to hold back the torrent of pain that had lingered ever since she lost Brigitte, but even now it threatened to break the levee. The subtle caress of warm metal on her neck was quite adamant that she had every right to what she felt, however, and soon there was nothing she could do but give in.

"It's not effortless..." She said in between quiet sobs. "I've had to fight for it every fucking day. Keep myself from breaking like the rest of them. I filled my head with one god damn fairy tale after another, because they had all the happy endings I never could. I only became a dragon because I was tired of being a weak little girl who couldn't do anything. But it still didn't fucking matter in the end, because half of us are fucking dead now! There was never going to be a 'normal'! Nothing I could've done would've ever changed that! Why did I fucking trick myself into thinking otherwise!?"

It took every ounce of what little discipline she had left to not just scream then and there. Her sobs nonetheless grew a little louder as she sat there, curled into a ball and mourning the way things could've been, should've been, but never were. She knew such lack of restraint was probably a bad idea here, but quite frankly she didn't have any fucks left to give. If someone heard her, so be it. She had spent her whole life just quietly bearing it, it was high time she stopped.

"I'm tired... tired of fighting for something... I'll never have..."
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 01:25:54 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 13, 2021, 02:34:25 pm »

Eilyth

Time seemed to slow down for Eilyth as she cried, making a few minutes feel like hours. Or maybe she simply cried for that long. Either way, it felt like ages before she finally cleared her eyes enough to see again. She might have expected to see Patricia or Allia coming to get her, or maybe Katrian soldiers investigating the noise. she wasn't expecting to see... Upside-down grass? As her head cleared and she tried to process the strange sight, exactly what was happening started to come together better. Not grass, hair. Green with a slightly bluish tint, grass-like, but not grass.

"U K?" A strangely familiar yet at the same time unfamiliar voice asked curiously, "Seem bad."

Eilyth couldn't place the speaker, but she couldn't shake the feeling that she should recognize them. Almost like their voice itself was telling her it was familiar.

The girl was leaned over Eilyth at a strange angle, her head practically upside down allowed her long, grassy hair to hang just barely off the floor in front of Eilyth. For some reason the loose-fitting orange jacket and black black skirt the girl was wearing made no attempt to follow the hair in demonstrating the existence of gravity. The girl blinked her pink, no, one pink and one yellow, eyes and tilted her head just a tad further. She had pale pinkish skin mottled with... blue freckles? Marker? It was such a strange thing that Eilyth had no way to process what exactly was up.

Even less processing occurred when Eilyth realized exactly how the girl had managed such a bizarre angle. She was standing sideways. In midair. Her bare feet simply floated there, as though the air itself somehow served to support her.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 13, 2021, 03:09:41 pm »

Eilyth

Shit... have I finally lost it?

No. She shifts her sight, lets go of what is immediately in front of her eyes, and reads back through her log. Whatever this is, she's fairly sure she's not imagining it. Just another bizarre thing to add to her ever growing list of experiences. Par for the course at this point really.

"No," she said, letting the veil fall back over her reality. "I'm not ok. I don't think I ever was."

She studied the strange girl a bit closer, specifically the eyes... if she didn't know any better...

"Who are you? Why do you have my sisters' eyes?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 13, 2021, 03:27:53 pm »

Eilyth

"I?" the girl said, "I gone. Sis I?"

She spoke with a happy, lilting tone, almost like a fairy. For all Eilyth knew, that's exactly what she was, given her appearance.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 13, 2021, 03:42:56 pm »

Eilyth

Closer inspection revealed that the other eye was not in fact the amber orange she had mistaken it for with her blurred vision, but instead a strong yellow. None of them had yellow eyes. Which meant...

"B-Brigitte?" She felt another wave of sorrow wash over her, as her eyes once more went misty. But she fought against this one. She needed to know if it was true. She must know. She stared directly into the single pink eye that she was nigh certain she recognized. "Brigitte... are you in there?"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 03:46:49 pm by Stratos »

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 13, 2021, 05:03:31 pm »

Eilyth

The girl rotated around to where her feet now pointed towards the ceiling and absentmindesly pulled at her leggings before letting them snap back into place.

"Bridge it? What bridge?" she said cheerfully, "U sad?"
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 13, 2021, 06:06:16 pm »

Eilyth

She didn't know whether she was more crushed or relieved. On the one hand, there was definitely something that felt familiar here. On the other, what the hell even was this girl? Eilyth saw no immediate signs of an external holy weapon, or obvious structures on her body which could suggest an integrated one. More likely she was some creature connected to their cosmology, not unlike herself now.

Brigitte deserved a better fate than that nonsense.

"What bridge?" She again laughed mirthlessly, stretching out one leg as she stared up at the ceiling. "The bridge that got burned before I even crossed it. Yeah, I'm sad, kiddo. I just realized the only thing I ever wanted was always impossible. That no matter what I did, it was probably gonna end up like this one way or another, because all the cards were set before I was even born."

She gestured to the still cooling corpse of her third eldest sister just a few feet away.

"It's frustrating how this all turned out, ya know?" She sighed, "Only one of my big sisters was ever nice to me. And I couldn't even appreciate that until it was already almost too late. I was so fixated on what I wanted from the rest of them that I couldn't even stop and see what was right in front of me. I was a stupid, naïve little kid who wasted all her time absorbing the petty bullshit around her. And now here I am. Half of my sisters are dead. My mom is probably an emotional wreck right now. And I've got a boat load of regrets and what-ifs that I'll never know the answer to. Because at the end of the day, I can't fix this shitstorm. I can only focus on what I can."

« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 06:13:47 pm by Stratos »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #727 on: September 13, 2021, 08:30:30 pm »

Kirari

"I am familiar with a few of these. As you've noticed, I've met Hembrite before, and I've seen what her holy weapon can do; I doubt the Major will have any issues with me handling her." She absentmindedly rubbed the back of her head, narrowly avoiding adding that it would be easier if she found some "toys" along the way. "It'll take some effort to get better information, but the reports should help provide an early warning, if nothing else." Belatedly, she remembered that Monika and Cay were right there, and she should be asking permission right now. It wasn't that she didn't regard Monika as her superior, but rather that they'd had a. . . less than standard commander-subordinate relationship for the last few weeks, and there had been little ordering in that time. "Major? Captain? I would like to formally request that I be allotted to deal with Verna Hembrite should she appear on the battlefield."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 13, 2021, 08:36:18 pm »

Eilyth

"O." the strange floating girl sounded subdued, her first show of real emotion.

She rotated around again, pointing her feet to the floor and finally righting her relationship with gravity. She offered a hand to Eilyth and grinned. It was a beaming, happy grin that not only went to her eyes but also seemed to involve her entire body, it was like she radiated happiness.

"Help. Not sad. Give up? No."

That's when Eilyth finally realized what sounded so familiar. Despite the smile and cheerful tone, there was something lurking in the girl's voice, something Eilyth had heard a hundred times over. It might be a scream of terror, other tones a whimper of pain, still others a defiant silence. Eilyth recognized it because she had caused it. This girl, whoever she was, sounded like every single person Eilyth had ever killed.

Realization dawned on her. The timing was too convenient, it could only be one thing. This girl, somehow she represented the people that Tahra had killed. Others like Eilyth that had suffered at Tahra's hand.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 13, 2021, 11:20:02 pm »

Eilyth

And quite the sobering realization it was. She truly was the last born of a brood of monsters. How many had she even killed herself? Too many to keep track of at this point. She'd stopped trying years ago. It tended to happen when you were better suited for deployment as a living siege weapon than as a dedicated duelist. She stared at the proffered hand for a moment, quietly wondering what hell this phantom was waiting to drag her down to for her own crimes. But that moment passed just as quickly as it came. If she truly was the amalgam of all Tahra's past victims, Eilyth had little reason to fear her. The enemy of thine enemy...

Enemy...hmph. Even after all that crying, I still can't think of her any other way. Guess it's only natural, she never acted like she was my sister to begin with. This whole shit show really is a Minarcan tragedy from start to finish.

"Nah, I ain't giving up, Kid," she said, taking the phantom's hand and rising to her feet. She couldn't help but smile despite herself. "I might be sad about this, but I still got a world to fix. My sister- the good one -she'd probably want that. I want it too. What's your name, by the way?"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 11:24:49 pm by Stratos »

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 14, 2021, 09:19:59 am »

Eilyth

In response to Eilyth's question, the girl tilted her head quizzically. She then tilted her body quizzically.

"I name? I gone." she said, "U name?"
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 14, 2021, 10:23:38 am »

Eilyth
"No name, huh? Figured." Eilyth said. "Mine's Eilyth. Tell ya what, how about I just call ya Fairy? You remind me of one in a way. Sound good?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 14, 2021, 06:36:31 pm »

Mirka and Estela

Iona rolled her eyes and gestured to the tents behind the still-riled soldiers. "Just get packing." she said, sounding summarily defeated.

Estela

Estela gave her a thumbs up, before looking over to Mirka and the spectators. "Well, you all heard her, didn't you? Get packing, we're getting a move on!" she called loud enough for anyone to hear, and then started jogging back to her own spot to do just that.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 14, 2021, 06:36:38 pm »

Monika

Bringing a hand to her chin once more, Monika surveyed the map of the future battlefield, nodding at the location Cay pointed out, "Yeah, looks well enough. But as for bait..." Monika trailed off again, glancing at Kirari as the latter approached and requested her desired target. It took her a moment to remember the name, 'Verna', but when she did, she nodded slightly, "Permission granted. Though there is one thing I'd like to ask of you" she started, her eyes returning to the map before her, "... I'd like you to go along with Faith and spearhead an assault into enemy lines. If we're going to win, Saro needs to be eliminated, and the plan is to lure her into the treeline where I can ambush her, and with any luck, take her out before she causes major damage. If you encounter Hembrite while trying to get Saro's attention, then you're free to engage, but retreat if you ever encounter Saro. Faith's tank should be enough to keep both of you safe from her bullets."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 14, 2021, 06:48:01 pm »

Eilyth

"Very?" the girl seemed displeased, "Very odd."

It wasn't clear whether or not this ghost wasn't all there, couldn't communicate properly, or both. Probably both. Regardless, it evidently didn't understand Eilyth's attempt to name it.
Defile Circles Discord
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 70