Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52471 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance - Arc 1: The Game
« Reply #750 on: October 08, 2021, 08:01:23 pm »

Estela
Mirka and Estela

Estela's unit was assigned to a rear guard position. Thanks to their excellent dueling potential, their job was to ambush any enemy that tried to sneak through the front lines. To that end, Iona was stationed a ways up, using her crossbow's ability to camouflage her into the terrain to keep watch. She provided the rest of the unit regular updates, all of which thus far had been some varation of, "Nothing yet." It was a fairly boring position at this point in the battle, but if an enemy managed to break through then it was going to be among the most important anchors, which meant tons of excitement.

"I've got something." Iona finally disrupted the monotony with interesting news, "It's a bit weird though, there's a lone Katrian officer walking this way. I tried raising her on the radio but just got outside chatter. Not sure what to make of it. Over."

"Finally, something interesting..." Estela said, standing up straight from her hidden position. "Anything identifying? Do they look wounded? Shell shocked? Something else that might get them sent to the backlines or all confused and wandering around?" she asked. She started stretching a bit, and then, she glanced over to Mirka. "You're with me, LT. They're going to need a welcoming committee. One way or another."

A Katrian officer wasn't suspicious inherently, but the circumstances gave Estela a feeling about it. For most people they would have described it as a bad feeling, but for a combat nut it was a good one. The officer was alone - in the middle of a battle, really? She should be with her unit. If the frontliners were sending wounded this far back, it wouldn't have been just one woman - and they'd have called ahead. If it was a message that they couldn't transmit for whatever reason, the runner wouldn't be an officer. So either the lady had somehow been seperated from her unit, or something was up.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 03:28:14 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 09, 2021, 02:52:52 pm »

Mirka

Mirka nodded. There was absolutely something off about this. Surely someone who wanted to pass through their enemy's ranks would pretend to move with them, rather than simply donning their uniform and walking alone. Why was this trick - if it was a trick - being so poorly performed? Or was this some kind of misdirection?

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 13, 2021, 02:01:35 am »

Mirka and Estela

Any speculation Mirka and Estela were up to was abruptly brought to a halt by a thunderous roar. The air itself seemed to shake as a bright yellow glow flashed down the battlefield. "Like a bolt of lightning" was almost an apt description, save for the fact that it appeared to be a literal bolt of lightning. The bolt collided with the strange woman, sending a shockwave across the battlefield that reached all the way to Mirka and Estela's position and beyond. As the dust cleared, a black-haired woman whose bare skin appeared to be glowing backflipped off the barrier of ice that the strange woman had created to defend herself. While the stranger's identity was still unknown, it wasn't hard to guess that of the black-haired woman. A naked woman appearing as a flash of lightning could only be one person: Lily of Damnation, the missing Dame Supreme and quite possibly the most powerful meister in the world.

The barrier dissipated and Lily threw a few punches, but each of these was blocked by a smaller shield. Powerful as she was, the stranger was somehow managing to hold her own.

Kirari

Following direction from Cay, Kirari headed towards Verna's last reported position. Although it was obvious from the corpse of a woman who had apparently lost a duel with a sunburn that Verna was nearby, Kirari didn't see her. The sound of artillery and gunfire in the distance masked any hope of following the sound of combat to find the psychopath, leaving Kirari little hope of finding her hapless date.

But perhaps luck was on her side.

"Hello, Kirari." Verna said, prompting Kirari to turn around.

But you already know this isn't Verna, don't you?

The creature that greets Kirari has the appearance of a young woman patched together from the skin of others. Her skin is mottled in a variety of patternless tones. Her hair is blonde, she has one red eye and one purple. She is wearing a simple red blouse, white skirt, grey tennis shoes, and white socks. The oddly normal clothing only serves to contrast against her horrifying appearance. Floating beside her are four obsidian needles that threaten to tear Kirari limb from limb should the war criminal make a misstep.

Monika

If Saro was shocked that her insane attack had failed, she didn't show it. Thinking quickly, she fired her revolver at the incoming halberd. She couldn't shatter it, but Last Smile was still a Holy Weapon, and it proved more than enough resistance to allow Saro to run out of the way as the swing fizzled into nothing. Monika might have been able to cancel out Saro's ability to decide her fate, but that still left her fighting a skilled meister with homing bullets. It was going to be far from easy, especially if the girl scurrying after her shotgun managed to get back into the fight.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #753 on: October 13, 2021, 10:57:25 am »

Kirari

A brief flash of something resembling joy, or perhaps relief, passed through Kirari for an instant. It faded in the second, as her blood chilled. It was Verna's voice, but it wasn't her voice. What she saw behind her as she turned froze her veins entirely, an unmistakable patchwork monster of a woman. "Marionette," she breathed.

Her rapier was immediately held at the ready, the practiced stance a result of long years of experience. Marionette was here, as if her swirling thoughts had called the creature. Marionette, the one who'd ambushed them at a time of seeming peace. Marionette, the one who had stolen a part of one of the few people Kirari found herself able to care for. The ice in her veins thawed, and then boiled.

"I'm going to kill you," she said, her voice tremoring. Not with fear, but with something Kirari rarely felt. Something she could only really remember feeling to this extent one other time in her life.

Hate.

"I am going to kill you, and it is going to hurt." Her stance shifted to a more offensive one, Kirari keeping herself light on her feet. "I don't care how many people have said this before. I am not running again." Tendrils of Shadow twisted and thrashed about her blade as rage warped her pale features. "I'll make you live up to your name."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 13, 2021, 11:11:41 am »

Kirari

The needles flashed forward faster than Kirari could hope to react, disassembling part of the hand that held her weapon. Through her hierarchy, Kirari saw that part of her leave, becoming the property of someone else. Just as quickly, it returned, the needles repairing Kirari's hand back to the state in which it had begun. In a matter of seconds, Kirari had lost and regained her hand, without even dropping the rapier. The whole process was excruciatingly painful. As a final gesture, Marionette floated one of her needles over Kirari's chest, making the threat obvious.

"You're alive now." Marionette said. She spoke with Verna's voiced, but her tone was much more blunt and unemotional, nothing at all like the temperamental murderess. "Star said as much, but I wanted to see with my own eyes." she giggled,a stilted sound that didn't quite seem real, "Well, not mine. Where is Fate? We need her."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 11:17:06 am by Takosher »
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 13, 2021, 11:25:01 am »

Monika

It was true that Saro was still a skilled meister behind her weapon, but the same applied to Monika as well. In fact, with her initial swing missing, Monika was quick to reorient herself, right before letting out another blast to force herself back onto her feet, right before thrusting her halberd at Saro, body tensed and ready to react to her opponent's next move. Once more, the Major was in her element, and she held the speed advantage. She just had to keep the pressure on Saro, and eventually, she’ll catch a misstep.

With any luck, that opening she needed would come before the other girl managed to retrieve her weapon.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #756 on: October 13, 2021, 11:25:55 am »

Kirari

Kirari's eyes watered, and she couldn't bite back the yelp of pain. It was a novel sensation, something she would certainly remember. Her mind tried to latch onto that, but she forced herself back to the existential threat at hand. "Even if I did know, why would I tell you?" She failed to mention that she wasn't sure what the monster meant by "Fate;" there were inklings, but nothing she could be certain of. "What purpose could you possibly have that wouldn't make me hate you even more?" Despite her words, she remained stock-still. Kirari still wouldn't allow herself to want to die; she had much more to do before she would willingly go.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 13, 2021, 11:41:48 am »

Kirari

"I want to meet God." Marionette explained, "I've been trying to get her attention over and over, but she always ignores me. Layla promised to show me god if I helped her get Truth and Fate together. Where is she?"
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #758 on: October 13, 2021, 12:09:49 pm »

Kirari

A single, bitter laugh rang out, an unnatural sound coming from the former Dame. "You're telling me that the Goddess of Power and Fear spoke to you personally, and told you she'd show you a different god if you gathered Truth and Fate together?" She almost laughed again. "I can't give you either of those things. I gave my own fate away already." A small, but gleefully sadistic grin pulled one corner of her mouth up. "Traded it with God for someone else's soul. She asked nicely."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 12:25:08 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 13, 2021, 03:16:47 pm »

{hahahahahahahahaha}

Kirari

Without a word, Marionette's needle plunged into Kirari's chest. But before it had time to begin its gruesome work, a glowing orange ball slammed into Marionette's face, knocking away her concentration. Similarly, something collided with Kirari, sending her toppling to the ground and preventing the follow-up needle that would have killed her anyways. Marionette was spooked and leapt backwards, giving Kirari enough space to feel safe.

The object that had collided with Kirari turned out to be a person. The only person stupid enough to charge headlong into a fight between Marionette and Kirari without a plan.

"Hi Kirari!" Verna announced cheerfully.

She was sitting atop the recently-tackled war criminal and grinning a wildly toothy grin. The sheer excitement on Verna's face reminded Kirari of Trissy, and it wouldn't have been a surprise if Verna licked her in the face. But at the same time, there was something different. It wasn't just the eyepatch that had replaced Verna's left eye, there was something ethereal that had changed. She was still the same Verna, but Kirari couldn't help but feel like she looked a little more grown up than before.

Verna stood up, offering Kirari a hand. "Are you ready for this?" she asked.

Monika

Saro fired the rest of her rounds into the air and quickly reloaded her revolver. As she did so, she walked backwards slowly, taking her further away from Monika and allowing her to avoid the thrust. Faith's tank was behind her, leaving her little space to escape to, but at the same time it kept Monika from getting behind her and attacking her where she was more exposed. Monika might have been faster, but Saro's reflexes would at least serve to let her keep aprrying like she had before. All she had to do was stall for Miko and then things would get a lot more difficult for Monika.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 03:45:46 pm by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #760 on: October 13, 2021, 03:30:11 pm »

Kirari

Her eyes went wide at the needle's lunge and subsequent burrowing into her chest. That was a miscalculation. She'd overbalanced, tipping over the razor edge she'd been treading as she underestimated how quickly Marionette would go for the kill. Shouldn't have assumed she would torture me first.

Before she had time to mentally apologize to Monika for dying here and/or try to speak before she was disassembled entirely, she was suddenly on the ground, abruptly underneath a person she still utterly failed to understand. "Verna!?" What felt like hundreds of emotions choked her voice as she spoke the name in startlement. The Shadow meister slammed down on them as hard as she could, swallowing as she took the proffered hand. "Absolutely not," she replied, as she settled into a rather more defensive stance this time.
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 13, 2021, 03:57:41 pm »

Monika

Internally, Monika slapped herself for already making her first misstep in giving Saro time to reload. But it was better to make one early on than one when it truly mattered. So, quickly retracting the arm she used for her thrust, Monika burst forward once again, swinging her halberd in an overhead arc. She might have only been able to focus on a direct assault thanks to the presence of Faith's tank, but that also meant that Saro had driven herself into a corner. So long as she kept up her pressure (properly this time), she'd find the one opening she needed.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 10:49:29 am by GodofGamingRWBY »
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 13, 2021, 04:16:54 pm »

Kirari

"Me neither." Verna confessed.

She readied herself anyways, spreading her feet in a basic martial arts stance as her weapon came back to orbit around her. Marionette just stood there, menacingly. Her needles floated beside her in a cruel mirror of Verna's weapon. She didn't seem concerned that she faced two foes, both of whom were extremely powerful in their own right. And why should she? She was Marionette. Her kill count made Kirari look like a child by comparison. Entire governments had failed to kill her, what chance did two stand, regardless of their power?

"Any idea how to kill her?" Verna asked.
Defile Circles Discord

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #763 on: October 13, 2021, 08:15:53 pm »

Kirari

The torturess gave a single, small shake of her head. "No. But I do have an idea to defeat her. There is more than one way to stop a monster." Kirari nodded toward her rapier. "She exceeds me in reach and speed, so I can't attack, but I might be able to catch her if you can push her off balance. I'll try to fight defensively and make it harder to approach you until that happens. If I can land a hit, I can take control." Kirari wasn't exactly confident in her ability to actually defend Verna, but she might be able to take Marionette before she finished off Verna given the chance.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 16, 2021, 10:57:01 pm »

« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 10:44:02 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 70