Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 70

Author Topic: [IC] Remembrance  (Read 52463 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Remembrance - Arc 1: The Game
« Reply #675 on: June 26, 2021, 02:47:08 pm »

Yava

"Aye, ye've heard true." Captain Malakai confirmed, "I s'pose ye were hoping fer a taste o' tha future. Ye don't be the first." She grinned maliciously. The room seemed to darken with a malignant fog as Yava was faced down by the mighty sea captain. Her life hung by a mere thread, one wrong step and she would b-

"Lay off Riza, we want her help don't we?" The blonde cut through the atmosphere with precision and ease.

"Awww, why'd you have to go and say that. I was having fun." Theresa pouted.

The blonde ignored her. "Benni Cutthroat," she introduced herself to Yava, "I'm the quartermaster, which means I run the ship while thunder thighs here roleplays that she's in charge."

"Hey!" Theresa protested, "I am in charge." she looked at Yava, "Don't listen to Ben, she's just a killjoy. I do be tha cap'n," she grinned again, "I just also like to put on a show."
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 26, 2021, 10:40:24 pm »

Yava

It was a close guess, but not quite. Quartermaster was still fairly high up there in terms of importance to the crew. If not the most important position after the captain themselves. But that was neither here nor there at the moment. This was going better than expected, but it was time to get to the point.

"And quite show it was," Yava answered without skipping a beat, "though, to business, yes? I see I have no need to explain what I am seeking here, so let us discuss other side of bargain. What exactly is it that you want help with?"

« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 10:54:00 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 29, 2021, 02:32:32 pm »

Monika and Kirari

Monika and Kirari had been a part of larger battles before, but the force gathered to fight Neridus was absolutely massive. The main camp could hardly be called that anymore, now edging on the size of a small city. Their new unit was set up near the center, emphasizing how important it was despite its small size. This would be their first time meeting their new allies. With war ready to break out at any moment, getting acquainted would have to be done fast. Of course, Monika had been given files on each of their new members, so she knew what their weapons did, but what kind of people they were was still mostly unknown.

Upon entering their tent, Monika and Kirari were immediately greeted by exactly one salute. "Major." the dark-haired woman greeted Monika stiffly, "Welcome to the Wrath of God. We've already received word that you'll be taking command, and I've already handled the paperwork on this end. Given the time crunch we're in, I think it would be best to skip any further formalities and move directly to introductions."

Yava

"Well, um." Theresa hesitated.

"We ain't figured that bit out yet." Cordelia explained.

"We were hoping you might have some ideas." Theresa said, scratching her head sheepishly, "You're here for the future seer I've supposedly got on payroll, right? Come on, I'll show you. Benni, can you hold down the fort?"

"I'll handle it Riza, good luck." Benni answered.

Theresa led Yava to a room deeper in the ship. Inside was a young adult woman who looked like a younger, less piratey version of the captain. A nasty-looking scar crept over the low neckline of her shirt, the kind that came from wounds you weren't supposed to survive.

"Siren, how're ye feelin'?" Theresa asked.

"I'm fine mom, did you need something?" the girl asked.

"We found tha cloaked girl ye've been dreamin' of."

Siren glanced around Theresa's larger-than-life figure to spot Yava's more miniscule self. "Hi there." she said to Yava, "It's nice to finally meet you." her brow furrowed a bit, "But... where's the woman with the missing arm?"
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 30, 2021, 01:31:05 pm »

Astarte

... Well, that was a slight bit more problematic. She didn't care much about being in someone's debt, she was fairly used to it by now, and the fact that Teya was part of the underworld didn't matter either. What was a problem was the fact that she was asking for information, while Astarte herself had no idea how large Teya's network was. It was hard to offer something when there was a chance the recipient already had it.

"Fine. Alexander Ritter. Soldier of Hell's Military, and one that I personally trained for five months, along with ten others, back when I was a captain. Fought in and survived the first engagement between Tyran and Katria, before being reassigned out of my personal unit" Astarte explained. Of anything she could say, the name of one of her troops was likely something Teya herself wouldn't know. After all, why care about a nobody destined to bleed for their country?
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 30, 2021, 02:55:09 pm »

Yava
Puzzled but nonetheless curious, she had simply nodded and followed the captain below deck. The moment she laid eyes on the girl she began glancing back and forth between them, the familial connection painfully obvious even before it was stated. The infiltration idea Kallisto had originally given her really would've turned into an absolute shit show, if she'd even survived long enough to find the girl. Figures...
   "Likewise," Yava said, nodding, "Though, I am afraid I do not know any one-armed women. Not on this continent at least. Is she... important to whatever you saw?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #680 on: July 01, 2021, 04:52:36 pm »

Kirari

Katria really is desperate. But I knew that. The woman called them the Wrath of God, and she was sure that the composition of this group would make the goddesses angry. A child (if a well-developed one), another who might as well be one, a woman who struck Kirari as less than stable, one normal-looking soldier, and Kirari herself. From the outside, it must have looked utterly nonsensical even to those who didn't know the gory details. I wonder how long it will be until people ask questions about my holy weapon.

Still, Monika was here. Katria had placed a lot of faith in the Major, and she couldn't blame them. Kirari had entrusted her with her entire existence, more or less. So, she supposed, if anyone could manage to keep a ragged handful of irregulars together and alive, it would be Monika, improbable as it was. She turned her attention outwards with this conclusion, giving a small nod to the one who'd spoken and a short glance at her commanding officer, ceding the initiative to her once more.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 02, 2021, 10:38:27 pm »

Estela

Mirka

Mirka was reeling for a few moments from the impact - Estela's counter had knocked the wind from her - but Mirka knew she couldn't let the opportunity slip by. Scrambling to her feet, Mirka rushed forth and did another slide, straight at where Estela had landed.

Estela had managed to recover mostly, and was nearly on her feet as Mirka launched herself towards her. She dodged to the side, trying to land a rapid kick as Mirka passed.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 02, 2021, 11:54:39 pm »

Jessie

So.

Jessie felt like she was miles away.

Let's count how fucked we are.
  • The kid she was supposed to be getting out of here was talking to the kidnapper.
  • Said kidnapper was obviously insane - more so than she already was, she called herself "dead people" for fuck's sake - going on about "defending her queen".
  • That kidnapper was also FUCKING IMMUNE TO AN EXPOLOSIVE, which almost certainly meant that Jessie wouldn't have been able to attack the fucker even if she had the ideal conditions.
  • And speaking of ideal conditions, all of her cover was gone and she was also still picking herself off the ground.
That's four fucked. Probably more fucked that I can't count.
Goddesses damnit.

She felt like she was miles away, and her body moved without her really deciding to make it happen.
She picked herself off the ground, athame in hand - when had she pulled that out? - and she spoke.
"I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but I suggest you leave the kid the fuck alone."

Her mind crashed back into herself.
I'm going to fucking die.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 03, 2021, 10:13:02 am »

Monika

"Right, it certainly seems like we'll be called up at any given moment" Monika agreed with a short nod, "As you all know, I am Major Monika Sydow, and with me is First Lieutenant Kirari" she began, using her free hand to gesture to Kirari, breaking eye contact with the dark haired woman for a moment to glance at her partner before returning her gaze to them, waiting for their round of introductions. She needed to put faces to the names she knew, so this shared introduction was a benefit to the whole squad.
OOC
IC

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 08, 2021, 12:00:29 pm »

Monika and Kirari

Cay nodded politely to Kirari, showing no apparent reaction beyond that. "Once more, welcome to you both." she said, "I'm Captain Caylan Hutton, Cay for short. That's Warrant Officer Faith Carralie, the tank out back is hers."

Cay pointed to a very young girl sitting in the corner and looking extremely bored. The way she was dressed made her look like a mechanic straight out of the slums. Faith's bright blue eyes and fire-colored hair stood starkly against her charcoal black skin. She didn't seem too far out of the ordinary, beyond apparently being a child soldier, until she turned to look at the new arrivals, revealing her missing arm.

Before Cay had a chance, the next woman introduced herself. The blonde girl jumped forward to dramatically salute Monika, nearly stumbling and falling in the process. "Sally Furlough." she announced cheerfully. She bounced with ceaseless energy, her green eyes flitting about to every facet of Monika and Kirari. She was definitely going to be a handful.

By process of elimination, the last was Emmery. That process wasn't necessary, Emmery stood out more than Faith's eyes. She was laying on the ground motionless, her eyes open but unseeing. "First Lieutenant Emmery Canniba." Cay introduced her, "She's resting right now, so try not to get in her range without letting her know first." Cay pointed to a ring or rope placed to indicate the safe distance.

Unexpectedly, mostly because she didn't move beforehand, Emmery spoke. "Fate, it's nice to meet you." she said, "The Master has many good things to say about you. I'm looking forward to the short time we'll have together."

Jessie

Iyeseteru ignored Jessie, focusing on Farore. Farore didn't say anything, just stared. She didn't seem to know anything about her "loyal knight."

"Mission complete, we've got the girl." Lali announced over comms, "Interloper is still a problem, get away from her without causing a scene if you can. Mack says she can handle it if you can get to her. She's a couple miles north in an empty lot."

"Steward, please." Iyeseteru pleaded, "You may not recognize me, but you must trust me. I owe you my life, you can entrust me with yours."

Farore shook her head in the stubborn way that only children can. "No, I'm going with Alice."

Yava

Siren's confusion deeped. "You're supposed to have a one-armed woman with you." she said, "Two women arrive together, one with a hood, the other missing an arm. They're looking for someone, we can help them, but only if they help us first."
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 08, 2021, 02:59:55 pm »

Yava

She stared at the girl, equally puzzled given the fact she hadn't lied about not knowing any one-armed women on this continent. The girl hadn't even really answered her question either. If this meeting had the same general strokes as what she foresaw but without the other woman, then clearly her presence wasn't so important as to divert the flow of causality. But there was one thing that might be. One Yava doubted any future seer could've saw coming, and could easily have had subtle ripples farther than she'd ever know.

"Let us put that aside for now then," she said, "what is it that you need help with?"

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 09, 2021, 01:47:05 pm »

Monika

Giving each of the members a nod once they were introduced, Monika placed a hand on her hip, turning to address the room again, "Well, it's a pleasure to be working alongside you all. We'll have time to all get properly acquainted later, once we-" she began, only to be cut off by Emmery's suddenly speaking, causing the Major's words to die in her throat as her attention was turned to the unseeing woman. Instinctively, Monika knew that Emmery was talking to her specifically, yet she couldn't quite grasp what she meant by calling her 'Fate' and whatever 'the Master' was supposed to be. The later probably was referring to Cay, but what did that Fate mean?

Then she remembered the list of oddities the General had shown her. The way things seemed to go her way for no explainable reason. Perhaps that was what Emmery was referring to?

"Well, with any luck, this war won't last that long. So, Captain-" Monika finally continued, ignoring her idealistic comment as she turned back to Cay, "Any intel on Neridus' forces?"
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 04:01:48 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #687 on: July 09, 2021, 02:12:38 pm »

Kirari

The Lieutenant didn't move on from the bizarre interruption as quickly as her superior had. Her onyx gaze settled on Emmery, watching the strange woman as if her lack of motion would somehow reveal something about what she'd just said. Fate? The Master? Her eyes drifted to the window in Emmery's skull as she considered the words. It seems I may not be the most unsettling to look at in this unit, for once. The process of that holy weapon's creation must have been uniquely painful; a faint pang of disappointment echoed in the back of her own (non-crystallized) brain.

Kirari almost would have dismissed the words as the human weapon being less lucid than she seemed to be, but recent experiences gave her pause. Could that be. . . ? It was a stretch, to say the least, but she'd spoken to some kind of entity existing outside of time. It was, perhaps, her own delusion, a false comfort invented by a mind unwilling to accept the consequences of what it was doing yet overwhelmed with guilt all the same, but she had no way of knowing - and if it wasn't a delusion, then there was a being capable of altering some fundamental part of reality.

She shook her head almost imperceptibly. You're listening to a madwoman. The stress is getting to your mind, cracking you. You've seen it before. The only supernatural powers that could be relied upon were those present in one's own holy weapon, and she was going to focus on those.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 09, 2021, 09:07:01 pm »

Jessie

'No.' She said 'no'. 'No, I'm going with Alice.'
"Thank the godesses." Jessie did not ever want to be in this situation ever again. She was going to have a damned heart attack. She still might, she was still in 'this situation'.

Ugggggghhhhhhhhhh.

Jessie stepped forward to interpose herself between Farore and... uh, 'Iyeseteru'. Her athame was still out. Why, oh why, had she pulled it out? It was obvious it wouldn't do anything to this madwoman.
As she moved, she tried to make eye motions at Farore. Gestured, north. At the 'knight'. The message may have been a bit jumbled, but her obvious nerves might have helped clarify. If things go shittily, go north. Or maybe it was just fucking get out of here, you need to get northward. She wasn't sure.
Whichever message it was, she hoped she'd made it clear. So long as it was one of the two it was probably fine. Though it was kinda hard to do eye communication when you were also trying not to let your eyes off of somebody else that you weren't having the eye communication with.

She returned her attention to the 'dead people'. Well, the couple of fragments of it that she'd been trying to do other stuff with; at least 50% of it had been on the very naked, very not-exploded lady in the middle of the damned alley. Maybe more like 80%.
"Listen." She tried to sound calm. She sounded calm, right? No, no, she definitely sounded like somebody who was stressed as fuck and trying to sound calm. That was definitely not the same thing. "I- whatever it is you want. You do not get to just demand it." Was she doing well? She felt like a little girl talking back to her mother. It wasn't a pleasant feeling. "You want her protected? Safe? Wonderful. So do I. And if you're lying? I still want her safe. And I don't know if you're lying or not, so I'm going to take the safer route." This was absolutely not the safer route. She was just trying to buy Farore time to run, probably. What the hell is her strategy here? She's panicking, that's her damn strategy. That's a shitty strategy. Goddesses-damnit, getting the girl was supposed to be the hard part, it was supposed to be easy once she started cooperating. "Here's the deal. You stop bothering her. You let me bring her somewhere she'll be safe. And if you have any complaints, well, you found her once." What the hell was she even saying.

She spared a glance toward where Farore had been, behind her. Please don't be there, please have run. She needs a chance to break line of sight without feeling guilty about running.
She was already feeling guilty about all of this shit, and fuck if that wasn't a crappy feeling. She'd thought she was done with that.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 09, 2021, 10:59:18 pm »

Jessie

Iyeseteru finally gave Jessie some of her attention. "One who world steal away knowledge cannot be seen as a haven." she said cryptically.

Brhind Jessie, Farore hadn't budged. Also, Hellia had been quiet. Hopefully that meant the tinkerer was up to something.

"It's alright, Iyeseteru, I'm going with Alice because she's safe." Farore said, "Please let me go."

"I can't, these thieves are set to sell you to the Neridan government." Iyeseteru said, "Perhaps this one has promised you safety, but can she speak for her comrades?"

Monika and Kirari

"Nothing you haven't already heard." Cay informed Monika, "Flying vehicle, Saro Ven, and the entire southern army brought to bear. It looks bleak and brass has it on our shoulders to save the day. I don't think anyone really knows what to do."

Yava

Siren looked confused. "Um, you're supposed to know that." she said, "Maybe you need to find the one-armed woman first?"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 12:01:56 pm by Takosher »
Defile Circles Discord
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 70